Some Winners Can Be Losers by scooby
Summary:

One of the first stories that I ever wrote and it was a challenge fic. Nick and AJ are bound to prove to one another that they can stay calm when one thing they love it taken away. A bet is made: who will crumble first? (yeah bad summary but it's a funny story!)


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group
Genres: Humor
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: Yes Word count: 1325 Read: 3913 Published: 03/08/08 Updated: 03/08/08

1. Chapter 1 by scooby

2. Chapter 2 by scooby

3. Chapter 3 by scooby

Chapter 1 by scooby
Author's Notes:

 

Challenge rules:
All 5 backstreet guys
one of the guys and a hot tub
a bet
the phrase "a loser"
and a can of spam

~~~~~~~~~~~~ -----> Enjoy!
Chapter One

“This is the best day of my life!” yelled AJ as he walked into the studio.

“What did you find your soulmate at Shade Tree...again?” questioned Nick in a laugh

“What the hell kinda remark was that?”

“The best one he could come up with.” replied Brian. They both instantly burst into laughter.

“You go so many times to find the absolute perfect pair....I bet that you couldn't go a week without looking at shades.”

“Oh you are so wrong, Nicky. I could drop them like you could drop some pounds.”

Nick looked at his stomach. It did stick out just a few millimeters out from when he was 16. Maybe it was a little more than millimeters. He had been trying to lose wieght.

“Well I can make it a week! I care to make a bet with you! You don’t do anything that has to do with sunglasses and I will lose 10 pounds for one week. If I win, you have to give me 2 dates with Michelle. If I lose....”

“You have to buy me 10 new pairs of shades and McDonald’s. Deal?”

“Deal!”

AJ felt that his luck had gotten even better.

“Now what I wanted to tell you was that I have a date tonight!”

“Trying you luck again aren’t ya?” Brian remarked thinking of how lately AJ was not running right on the dating wheel. Just 2 weeks ago he took a girl named Sarah to McDonald’s because he didn’t want to wait in line for Da Vince’s Itailian Restuarant. She had on a nice dinner dress too for such a “special” occasion.

Howie walked in with an upopened can of spam. He quickly hid it behind his back when he saw Nick.

“It’s alright D. He has to cut down on some of his dinner partners,” Aj looked at nick with a smirk , “He’s gotta lost 10 pounds in a week to get a date with Michelle.”

“Michelle? Your sister Michelle? Now that’s one heck of a deal!” Howie growled at the thought.

“Whoa D...What’s wrong with you?”

“Geez D. She wouldn’t want someone like you anyways! You’re such a loser!”

Nick stuck his tongue out as Howie quickly flashed the spam at him. He hissed in terror. “No! Anything but that!” Everyone started laughing.

“What’s going on in here?” said Kevin dumbfounded as usual. The guys told him the entire story. Kevin laughed at the thought. “Neither of you are going to win! You’re both gonna cave!”

Nick and AJ looked at each other and ran at Kevin. They tackled him to the ground with a loud thud. “Oh Damn guys that hurt!”

“That’s what you get for saying we’re gonna lose.”

“You guys will see.” Kevin left the room

“I gotta do something.” Nick said with a glint of evil in his eyes

“Nick what are you doing?”

“You will see”

He ran up stairs where no one could see him. What in the hell could he be doing?

TBC
Chapter 2 by scooby

All of them heard the sinister laughter coming from upstairs.

“No!” yelled AJ as he was running up stairs. He saw the most horrible sight. Nick was taking all his sunglasses from their organized shelves straight into a duffle bag.

“What are you doing, freak?” he yelled trying to grab the bag.

“Ah Ah Ah! You might break them. This is the guarantee that you won’t wear any glasses.”

“Can’t you trust my word for it?”

“Hm let me think about it…No!”

“Alright Nick! You’ve asked for it!”

AJ ran to get his keys. Nick was curious of what he had planned to do. About 20 min. later, AJ brought in bags of groceries. He went to the fridge and took out the sweets, the stuff that Nick absolutely loved and replaced it with green vegetation. He went to meet Nick up stairs and said it is finished.

“What did you do?”

“Let’s just say I have a bit of a sweet tooth.” AJ showed him all of the candy.

“No!” screamed Nick

“What a sissy!”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been 4 days since that moment. Each one was on their wits end. Especially AJ, for his date loved him wearing shades. She wanted him to wear a pair their next date. AJ scurried around in his room, trying to find his blue shades which he kept separate from the others. “Aha” He had finally found them. He hid them in his jacket pocket and went downstairs. His date would be there in minutes!

*Ding Dong*


He raced to open the door.


*Ding Dong Ding Dong…….etc.*


She knew that that annoyed him and thought that it was great fun. He opened the door with a funny look on his face.

“Hey AJ. I thought maybe we could go in that hot tub of yours tonight” Karen had shown him her bathing suit.

“Totally great idea.” He followed her out the door then ran back in. Oh no! he thought how am I gonna hide the glasses now!

AJ ran upstairs to change, hiding the shades somewhat in his hands. He met Karen after he was finished by the hot tub. He looked around making sure that Nick wasn’t watching him then slipped them on.

“There’s the hottie that I met!”

They got in and instantly his glasses fogged up.

MARCO

“Oh you know this would happen. Polo!”

Karen got out of the hot tub and saw Nick by the pool table.

MARCO

AJ felt around the edge of the hot tub. He then felt a pair of feet.

“You have such delicate feet, Karen. So soft and….hairy?”

TBC

Chapter 3 by scooby

AJ quickly took off his sunglasses and saw Nick at the edge of the hottub.

"Polo!  You broke the rules! I win!" Nick spun around doing a happy dance.

"No no no! Michelle said she wouldn't do it."

"Ok now you're lying. Excuse me. I have to get ready for a date."

"Who's Michelle?" asked Karen somewhat concerned.

"My sister. She'll have to stand him for two dates. I knew this wasn't a good idea."

He got out of the hottub and Karen gave him a hug. "She can handle it. I know she can."

Later that same day, Nick walked around as if he were king. He had been waiting for a moment alone with Michelle ever since they had first met.

* Ding Dong*

Nick dashed to the door.  AJ stared at him in slight rage as his sister entered.

"Michelle! So good to see you again." stated Nick with a wide grin.

"Yeah...nice to see you too." she replied with an "I don't wanna be here " look. She looked to Aj for help but he didn't look back. Michelle and Nick went out back where a candle lit dinner lay. They sat and started to eat.

"How do you like it? I made it myself"

"Nice..a little too much vegetables though" She looked back down at a bowl of vegetable soup and salad.

"Sorry but i thought that i would still go through with the bet. I've always wanted a special moment with a special girl."

"Ge..thanks." she said sarcastically, moving her long black hair out of the way.

Nick continued to babble o­n about them and himself being able to win such an easy bet.  She was continually looking around for a release. Then she finally saw it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AJ ,Kevin and Brian were in the living room playing Nick's NBA Hotshots game when they heard a shrill , high pitched scream.  AJ got up quickly thinking it was his sister. "So help me if he did something to her"

Brian and Kevin quickly followed. When they got out, Nick was mouth gaping still seated at the table.

"Nick what's wrong?"

"Th..th..THAT!" 

He pointed in the direction of Howie and Michelle who were practically on top of each other, making out. All of them were in surprise at the spectical before them.  When Howie and Michelle stopped, they started to walk toward them. Before they walked in the building, Howie stopped and looked at Nick and said "I guess some winners can be losers."

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8889