Obscure Feelings by arokaholic
Summary:

*The sequel to Obscure Smiles*

All he wanted was to be the best father he could be to his daughter but sometimes things go differently than planned and you can only do the best you can. Follow AJ and Adelynn on their journey through life.



Yet again, this was the sequel to Obscure Smiles, and while I don't think it's my best writing by far (I think it's definitely better than Obscure Smiles though)... it still holds a special place in my heart and a lot of people seemed to enjoy it. This was written in 2005


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ
Genres: Drama
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 40 Completed: No Word count: 32867 Read: 63328 Published: 03/25/08 Updated: 06/17/08
Chapter 35 by arokaholic
"But you don't do anything with me!" she shouted, and stomped her feet.

"You've got to be kidding me!" I rolled my eyes at my complaining five-year-old.

"You always leave me with Marcus! Your never here!"

It had only been two days on the trip, and I had just got back from a show. I didn't want to do this, I was exhausted.

I sighed, and leaned down to her level, "Sweetie, I'm sorry. I'm trying as hard as I can... but I told you, this is Daddy's job. I'm really busy during my job. This is why I usually leave you with Dana, so that your in your own home."

She had tears rolling down her cheeks and simply nodded.

"But I like to be with you, Daddy," she crawled into my lap, "You leave too much."

That broke my heart. Split my god damn heart in two. I did leave too much, and I knew that. I couldn't be the best father I could be with the job I have. But I love my job.

I gave her a big squeeze and a kiss on the cheek, "I love you, you know?"

She nodded and wiped her tear.

"Do you love me?" I grinned at her, and she gave me a big smile back and nodded 'yes.'

"Bed time for you... it's extremely past your bedtime. It's past midnight."

She crawled into the bed, and I pulled the covers up to her chin, and smacked a kiss on her forehead, "Go to sleep. I'll be right in the next bed."

I made myself comfortable in the bed, but I just sat there. I didn't even try to go to sleep. Usually after a show, I was too hyper to even think about sleep. But I was so exhausted... I was like, overly tired.

"Daddy?" she whispered from the other side of the hotel room.

"Yes?"

"Did you do a good concert?" she whispered.

I couldn't help but smile, "I did."

"But I wanna watch."

"You want to watch?" I repeated back to her.

"Yeah, in the... aubidence," she tried to pronounce the word right.

"Audience?" I corrected her.

"Yeah! Why can't I watch you, Daddy?"

"Well, who are you going to watch it with in the audience?"

"Marcus."

I shook my head, "Sweetie, he's supposed to be backstage. With us. He protects Daddy."

"Protects Daddy from what? Those girls?"

I smiled, "Yeah. Those girls."

"You gots lots of girls after you, Daddy," she said, seriously.

I started cracking up, "Yeah, but your the only one that's actually got me, right?"

She giggled, "Yeah!"

"Alright, shhh," I laid my head back down, "Let's go to sleep. We have to go on another plane tomorrow."

She nodded, and closed her eyes again. And I laid here again, with my eyes wide open, staring at the ceiling.

What's going to happen when I'm gone like this, one day down the road when she's a teenager, and boys like her... and I'm not there. And she won't want to come with me, and she'll be in school. I don't want her to grow up, at all. She's grown up enough as it is. Don't let my job cause her to hate me.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=8913