Gypsies Passion by Howies Girl
Summary:

Gypsies-Passion-Banner.jpg picture by Tsunade88796

Howard is a ruthless pirate set out to keep his reputation. Diana a gypsy princess wishing for adventure. she would soon learn that wishing can be dangerous. Will this gypsy melt this pirates cold heart or will the pirate toy with the gypsies heart and make her his slave.  


Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group, Howie
Genres: None
Warnings: Death, Graphic Sexual Content, Graphic Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 16 Completed: No Word count: 23836 Read: 24850 Published: 06/13/08 Updated: 11/26/08

1. Prologue by Howies Girl

2. Chapter 1 by Howies Girl

3. Chapter 2 by Howies Girl

4. Chapter 3 by Howies Girl

5. Chapter 4 by Howies Girl

6. Chapter 5 by Howies Girl

7. Chapter 6 by Howies Girl

8. Chapter 7 by Howies Girl

9. Chapter 8 by Howies Girl

10. Chapter 9 by Howies Girl

11. Chapter 10 by Howies Girl

12. Chapter 11 by Howies Girl

13. Chapter 12 by Howies Girl

14. Chapter 13 by Howies Girl

15. Chapter 14 by Howies Girl

16. Chapter 15 by Howies Girl

Prologue by Howies Girl
Author's Notes:
decided to put this up again revamped it alittle so please enjoy.
 

Prologue

1641

 

            The cool night air lifted her hair as she glanced at the ocean. ‘oh to be out at sea and live many adventures' she thought to her self, her red skirt flowing in the wind as she closed her eyes in the midst of passion. She gave a content sigh and walked back to the camp sight. There she watched as her fellow Gypsies danced to their music feeling their souls reach out and grace the world. She felt her blood begin to feel the rhythm of the guitar as her hands moved slowly walking to her friends she joined them as they each danced one by one putting their heart and soul out for their people to see. She was the most beautiful gypsy her brown hair reaching down to her lower back, her skin so fair and soft, her brown eyes sparkling like the stars. Her red skirt flowing as she twirled to the rhythm her feet moving rapidly making the most unique noise. Wearing a yellow blouse with a star and moon bodice she had seen the design in a vision and created it herself.  Her friends marveled at her skill and the way she let the music take her, she was like a princess in this camp, she was the princess. Daughter to the Chieftain, he had ordered his clan to go into Hiding in the forests so that they could live and dress as they please. So that they could have the freedom to live as whom they truly are.

 

            When the music stopped she walked towards her families' tent and changed into her night gown. The night was long and there was much to do in the morning. She said good night to her family and off she went into a long slumber. She tossed and turned as she began to dream, she dreamt of Blood on the floor, a dark shadow cast over her, and finally a man, no; A Pirate taking her in his arms and kissing her with passion. She awoke with a start and looked around her breath heavy and shallow. She was trembling. Her eyes searching for any sign of distress or something misplaced. When she put her fears at ease she went back to sleep. Her thoughts were only to go to the fortune teller and find the meaning in her dream.  Little did anyone know that the Cosmos had something in store for the gypsy princess, her life was about to change.

 

In the darkness of the night he watched them celebrate and drink. He eyes the women and one caught his eye, but she was gone. Here he formulated a plan, one to suit his nature. He will have her, she would be his, and blood would be spilled if anyone got in the way. He smiled evilly as he signaled his crew to move out of sight and towards a secluded cave away from the camp for the night. He closed his eyes and began to dream of her, her touch, her hair, her smile, her laugh, yes she would be his...........     

Chapter 1 by Howies Girl
 

Chapter 1

 

            The Gypsy camp was bustling with chores needing to be done. Diana awoke at dressed quickly, making her bed she stepped out of the tent to find her father wrestling her brother into the bath tub. She gave a chuckle as she walked past them at towards her mother who was in the wash basin with the laundry.

 

"Hurry Mija there is much work to be done" she said and pointed to the load of dirty laundry.

"Yes mama" Diana said and obediently began her chores.

 

            Once their chores where finished they camp sat together for breakfast. All around the happy families were gossiping. Diana stayed quiet watching the food on her plate, the dream still vivid in her mind. She felt a touch on her shoulder and noticed it was her father. She seemed to be beaming this morning; she wondered what news he had to be in such good spirits.

 

"Amigos! (Friends) There is much to celebrate tonight; I have an announcement to make. This morning Alejandro came to me asking my daughters hand. So my friends on this glorious day we will celebrate Alejandro and Diana's Engagement" He said happily as the entire table cheered. Diana felt her heart drop; it wasn't that she didn't like Alejandro, after all they were best friends; she just didn't love him.

 

             Diana looked across the table to Alejandro who was receiving hand shakes form the men and pats on the back. She began to take slow deep breaths it was her duty to her people to be happy even if it meant trying to love someone you didn't really truly love. She stood and walked to her father; she kissed his cheek and hugged him.

"Thank you Papa" she said trying not to show him the tears that were about to fall.

 

            With that she hurried off to the fortune teller's tent. Clearing her throat she looked inside.

"Tia? Are you here?" she called out in question.

"Yes, I'm here, I'm here....Oh Diana, what brings you to my tent?" she asked surprised, it wasn't everyday that Diana asked for her fortune.

"Tia, last night I had a dream... It was horrible yet at the same time wonderful" Diana went on telling the gypsy of her dream. The blood, the shadow, and last the kiss with the pirate.

 "Dios Mio! Diana am I the only one you have told of this?" she asked, Diana nodded.

"Let me look at you hand" she continued. Diana placed her hand on the table as Tia began to read it. She heard gasps and sighs and finally a smile from her.

 "Diana, the dream you had was a premonition, your life is about to change. You must take precaution and not tell anyone else about this" Tia said. Diana nodded and hugged the gypsy elder.

"Thank you Tia" she said and kissed her cheek.

 

            Leaving the tent she found a pair of brown eyes looking into hers. It was Alejandro, he held out a flower for her to take, a red rose. Taking it Diana blushed and placed a small strand of her hair behind her ear.

"Diana I know the announcement was a shock to you but I promise that you and I will live happily" He said and kissed her hand.

"Alejandro, thank you i know that you are very kind and romantic" she said and walked towards the lake.

 

            Reaching the lake side Diana sat looking at her reflection. Her brown hair falling over her shoulders as tears filled her eyes. How could she lie to herself this way, she knew in her heart she felt nothing for Alejandro except friendship. But, she didn't want to break her father's heart. She was torn between duty to herself and duty to her family. The gypsy made it clear that her premonition was going to be fulfilled. What Diana wasn't sure of.......... was when.

 

 

            On the pirate ship the Captain paced around as his crew members swabbed the deck. His first mate looking over the chores to be done. He couldn't help but continue to think of the girl that entranced him with her dance, her long brown hair flowing as she twirled. He found himself looking out to the ocean, envisioning her in his arms as the wind blew at them, the salt sea air smelling fresh and crisp.  His large chocolate brown eyes gazed deeply at the ocean, his mind still on her.

"Captain?" her heard from behind him. He turned to find his first mate giving him a questioning look.

"Yes, Kevin what is it now?" he said slightly irritated that he was interrupted.

"I'm sorry Captain Howard but, I was wondering what you surprise plan was for tonight" Kevin said as he looked down to the floor.

"We are going to raid the Camp, we take all the gold we can find and I will take the girl of my dreams" he said in a lustful voice. "If you have any further questions I'll be in my cabin taking a warm bath" Howard said and walked away from the banister and towards his cabin.

 

            Kevin watched as Howard walked off, he knew something was wrong and now had the means to accuse. Howard wanted to kidnap a woman and have her. He sighed and prayed that she would not be trouble. Looking back at the crew he spotted his cousin Brian up at the crows nest his hand over his eyes to scout out any trouble ahead.

"Have you seen anything Brian?" He shouted

"Nothing yet sir" He replied back. Kevin waved and nodded in approval.

 

            It seemed the captain found a safe place to anchor away from a town. He smiled and looked around, their crew was full of ruthless pirates, the low of the low, yet they only plundered and always gave back. But this was the first that Howard's conquest was to kidnap and innocent girl. He wanted to question it but knew better then to go back on the code.  He walked around and began to sing a tune for the lads to perk up.

 

Yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me.

We pillage, we plunder, we rifle and loot.
Drink up me 'earties yo ho!
We kidnap and pillage and don't give a hoot.
Drink up me 'earties yo ho!

Yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me.

We extort, we pilfer, we filch and sack.
Drink up me 'earties yo ho!
Maraud and embezzle and even hijack.
Drink up me 'earties yo ho!

Yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me.

We kindle and char and inflame and ignite.
Drink up me 'earties yo ho!
We burn up the city, we're really a fright.
Drink up me 'earties yo ho!
We're rascals, and scoundrels, and villains, and knaves.
Drink up me 'earties yo ho!
We're devils and black sheep and really bad eggs.
Drink up me 'earties yo ho!

Yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me

 

The crew finished the song and laughed as they finished their chores. Looking about he noticed the Captain had finished his bath and was wearing his pillaging clothes.

"All right Lads lets get ready to head out" He yelled. The crew gave a loud yell and began to move about grabbing their weapons and the materials needed.  "Now I will warn you, take the gold, don't harm the women or children, if any of the men attack defend yourselves but try not to murder too much...Oh and I will be taking for myself a nice token, I don't want to hear any arguing from the lot of you since I decided you will split the gold amongst your self and Mr's Kevin will help with that. So are we ready lads?" he yelled as the crew gave an "Ai Ai Cap'n!"  In cheer.  Howard looked up and shouted to Brian. "I'll be leaving some Men behind with you to guard the ship" he said as Brian waved approval.  "Now let's head out Men" he said as the crew now leapt off the ship using the hanging ropes, while he and Kevin walked off the board.

 

Chapter 2 by Howies Girl

Chapter 2

             The sun began to set and it was time for the moon to come out to play. Diana had returned from the lake just before sun set and changed into her pale blue skirt, with a white top and a black bodice. On her head a blue handkerchief that was knotted under her long loose hair leave two pieces draped just below them. She walked out of the tent to find Alejandro awaiting her. She took his hand as the guitar began to play, she recognized the rhythm immediately. It was most likely her father’s idea to have the guitarist play a sevillanas so that they could join their souls in dance. She gazed into his eyes; she loved making eye contact with her dance partners it made them feel a bit intimidated by her talents. She smiled as the finished the first ‘copla’ their bodies so close together she could feel his breath.  With the remaining 3 ‘coplas’ they ended with their bodies so close it was breath taking. She felt her heart start to melt at the way he danced with her, but still no sparks came between them.             

 In the distance Howard watched as the man danced with his conquest. He felt his blood boil with jealousy as the man had touched her body in ways he wished to. Raising his hand he was letting his crew know that the time was upon them. Taking a few slow breaths he slowly dropped his hand. That was the signal. He watched as the Men gave a loud yell, the gypsies heads turned towards the forest. His crew like a fog in the sea morning coming towards them.  

“Piratas! (Pirates!)” He heard a man yell as they scrambled to protect the women and children.

He smiled as his conquest had escaped into the forest. He followed quickly hoping to catch her and take her.             

Diana ran as fast as she could away from the site. She knew Alejandro was in front of her and she followed. She trusted him, and he trusted her. Her legs began to ache as she ran faster to catch up with Alejandro seeing his shadow not far in front she reached out her hand and took his.  He started to come to a slow, his hands on his knees as he breathed deeply.  Diana leaned against one of the trees her mind swimming with dizziness. Never had she run so far so fast in her life.  She heard a noise coming from the direction she came in and stiffened; her heart beating hard against her chest as if it were ready to bust out. With her eye sight slightly adjusted to the darkness she walked slowly to Alejandro how took her in his arms and hugged her close.

 “Don’t worry Diana I’ll protect you.” He said

“Ahh so the fair maidens name is Diana, well then I shall now introduce myself, I am Captain Howard, and Diana you will be my captive.” He said with a ruthless laugh.

“I will never be yours you ruthless dog” she spat and clung to Alejandro.

“She is to be my bride not yours scum of the sea” Alejandro said as he moved Diana behind him. The man gave a laugh that made Diana’s body shiver; it was so evil, so cold.

“Well my friend, are you willing to die for her?” Howard asked as he unsheathed his sword.             

 Alejandro pushed Diana closer to the tree as he walked up to Howard. Diana watched her eyes wide with fear, she realized, this was it. This was what her dream meant. Alejandro picked up a large stick having no weapon, since there wasn’t time to grab one. Howard gave a laugh as though he was being insulted. He prepared himself in a stance and gave a menacing glare to Diana. She stayed frozen in her place as the fight began.  Alejandro kept blocking but every time he tried to hit Howard he was blocked. Nothing seemed to be going the way Howard planed so instead he decided to make it go his way. With quick foot work he landed himself behind Alejandro. With one motion he sliced the sword, Alejandro was turning and it sliced his face and his arm. Alejandro gave a yell as he fell to his knees. Howard hovered over him raising his sword he pushed down letting it pierce Alejandro’s shoulder. Diana let a scream and a cry, she saw the blood, and nothing frightened her more. Taking deep breaths she tried to contain her sobs, she watched it all as if time had slowed. Howard walked to her his shadow covering her, her eyes widened as his hand reached to grab her. He took her forcibly by the arm and pulled her towards him. A few strands of hair lay on her face, her eyes full of anger and fear. Yet her heart beat faster than anything ever before. This man’s touch electrified her and she felt dirty just by the thought.

“Now, my dear Diana you will come peacefully or I will lay your camp in ruins” He sneered as his nose touched hers. He felt her shiver; she closed her eyes at his words. She was trying to hold the tears in side, but alas one escaped her.

“What ever you say, just don’t hurt anyone anymore” she said weakly.

“Good girl, now let’s move” with that he tied her hands in front of her and pulled her behind him she was now his and his alone.             

Returning to the camp site his crew rounded up all of the gypsies into a large huddle, they were clumped together in fear the men held by the other pirates. Diana noticed her father was held by both his arms, his body bruised and bloodied. She let out a cry but fell as the rope was pulled. She turned to find Howard lifting her. He took her face in his hands and sneered.

“Don’t even think about it” he said angrily “You could have cost your father his life, Diana. But since you only wanted to protect him I’ll let it slide” he said.

Diana felt an anger rise out of her as she spit in his face.

“You filthy son of a dog” She said to him. 

Anger filled Howard as he drew back his hand and slapped her with the back of it. She stumbled to the floor not making a sound; in defiance she looked at him daring him to do it again. But she heard her fathers’ voice.

“Diana! No, al lo que el diga (do as he says)” she heard him whisper.

She looked to her father tears in her eyes and she could only nod.

“I knew you would see it my way” Howard said as he lifted Diana.

 “All right boys let’s move out” with that he took Diana and lifted her over his shoulder. 

 “If you come after us, I will destroy you” Howard sneered as he looked to the camp of angry men and frightened women and children.              

 With that the pirates retreated off into the forest and back to their ship. Reaching the ship, Howard placed Diana in his Cabin and locked the door. Looking to his crew as they marveled at the gold and trinkets they stole, he gave a low howl.  

“Lift anchor and set sails, we head back to Tortuga” he said as his crew cheered.

Standing at the helm he steered the boat off into the distant shore towards the Caribbean. He knew it would be a voyage home, it wouldn’t be easy but they loved a challenge.             

Giving the helm to Kevin, Howard went below deck to the Cabin Boy. The boy was no older than 21 and tall as a tree. His blond hair and blue eyes piercing that the women of Tortuga always wanted to taste him, but he never buckled to their requests. Howard knocked on his door; he answered sleepily and let the captain in.

“What can I do for you Capin” he said and bowed.  

"I have a guest in my quarters you are to draw a warm bath and send food, not a word to her, don’t touch her inappropriately, only release her from her ropes and set up the metal shackles on my bed post” He said and looked around.

“You’ve grown up Nicholas, your father would have been proud, but you still have a long way to go before you are a pirate” he said and patted the boys back.             

Leaving the quarters he walked back on deck the light of the moon shining down on his ship. He had named it La Esmeralda ( The Emerald), named after his first love and wife Esmeralda, what many don’t know about Howard was that she was Murdered. In the process of her being murdered the murderer also killed his unborn child leaving him heartbroken and ruthless. He still didn’t understand why he had taken this girl from her home, but she had pulled him secretly. He had a power over him and he wanted to know why, what did this girl have in her that raised such fire in him. He could only look out into the dark horizon the moon and stars shining brightly on the clear night sky. Taking off his hat he ran his fingers through is long curly hair; he sighed and bowed his head.

“Forgive me Esmeralda” he whispered to the wind. 

“All right Men it’s time to celebrate, bring out the rum and food and feast to your heart’s content” he yelled as he smiled happily to his men.

They cheered and moved quickly to prepare their festivities. Howard noticed Nicholas leaving his cabin rubbing his cheek and shaking his head. He laughed and walked towards him.

Did she give you any trouble lad?” he asked

“No Capin, just the usual banter a woman gives a man if she thinks he’s trying to be fresh then she cursed in gypsy and I couldn’t make out what she said” He sighed and cracked his neck.

“But I did as you asked and prepared her bath, sent her food, untied her hands and place the chains on your bed post” he continued as he walked down to the lower decks.

“Good boy Nicholas, now go help Cookie with serving the men….Oh and one more  thing, I should prepare myself if I were you, I’m going to give you the test” he said and watched Nicholas’s eyes dance with joy.

“Yes sir, Capin sir” he said and off he went.             

Howard noticed Kevin off in the distance drowning his sorrows in rum. He walked to his first mate and best man.  

“What’s troubling you?” he asked and looked to Kevin.  

“Something about this night Capin, I know you always get what you want and I don’t mean to question your judgment but……. Taking a girl from her home……..I just don’t feel right” He said and chugged the rum as quickly as he could.

“Kevin, that girl did not look happy living with her people, she looked almost lost and lonely, it was as if she called to the sea and I answered her call………I know the way I did it was ruthless and selfish, but in good time she will be one of us” he said and patted his friend in the back.

“Now let us enjoy the festivities” he said and called for a pint of Rum.              

In the Captains quarters Diana sat herself in the bath she made it quick as to not be caught naked by the sly devil. Seeing the food on the table she felt her stomach rumble, but wondered if she should really eat or starve herself to death. She wanted nothing more than to be home in the safe arms of her Papa. She felt the tears falls as she curled herself in the warm water of the tub. She placed her head on her knees and sobbed. Her heart broke at the thought of her Papa worried sick, the bruises and cuts she saw on him made her want to attack Howard. She felt the revenge boil up inside her, but she knew that was not the way to go around, in the end Howard will get what he deserves for taking her against her will. Taking the dry cloth from the floor she dried herself off and got dressed in the same clothes she was kidnapped in. the only clothes she assumed would be with her till she died.  Her stomach grumbled but she felt no means to eat the food left for her, she decided she would starve. Looking around she saw no means of escape, the only thing she could do was to curl up in the corner and hide in the shadows.             

Howard left his men quietly as they began getting ready to sing in a drunken spur. He watched from the helm as Kevin began the tune. 

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum
Drink and the devil had done for the rest
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.
The mate was fixed by the bosun's pike
the bosun brained with a marlinspike
and cookey's throat was marked be like
It had been gripped by fingers ten;
And there they lay, all good dead men
Like break o'day in a boozing ken
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.

Fifteen men of the whole ship's list
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!
Dead and be damned and the rest gone whist!
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!
The skipper lay with his nob in gore
Where the scullion's axe his cheek had shore
And the scullion he was stabbed times four
And there they lay, and the soggy skies
Dripped down in up-staring eyes
In murk sunset and foul sunrise
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.

Fifteen men of 'em stiff and stark
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!
Ten of the crew had the murder mark!
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!
Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
Or a yawing hole in a battered head
and the scuppers' glut with a rotting red
and there they lay, aye, damn my eyes
Looking up at paradise
All souls bound just contrawise
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.

Fifteen men of 'em good and true
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!
Ev'ry man jack could ha' sailed with Old Pew,
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!
There was chest on chest of Spanish gold
With a ton of plate in the middle hold
And the cabins riot of stuff untold,
And they lay there that took the plum
With sightless glare and their lips struck dumb
While we shared all by the rule of thumb,
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

More was seen through a starlight screen...
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum
Chartings undoubt where a woman had been
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.
'Twas a flimsy shift on a bunker cot
with a dirk slit sheer through the bosom spot
and the lace stiff dry in a purplish blot
Oh was she wench or some shudderin' maid
that dared the knife and took the blade
By God! She had stuff for a plucky jade
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.

Fifteen men on a dead man's chest
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum
Drink and the devil had done for the rest
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.
We wrapped 'em all in a mains'l tight
with twice ten turns of a hawser's bight
and we heaved 'em over and out of sight,
With a Yo-Heave-Ho! and a fare-you-well
And a sudden plunge in the sullen swell
Ten fathoms deep on the road to hell,
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!
                

Howard laughed as the men cheered and danced around. He liked to keep his crew happy; he never liked the captains that mistreated their crew that lead to Mutiny. This Crew was like a band of brothers they’ve been through everything together, most of them married with Wives but this was a job that payed off, and the wives were happy to have them home safe and sound. No one was left behind, that was one code that Howard never liked, and he would never leave a brother behind.  But he knew he broke a rule, bringing a woman on board, though his means to kidnap her, he found himself down. The men looked at him, they knew his spirits were down and one of them spoke out.

“Don’t worry Capin, we know she must be important for you to bring her aboard” Said one of the men.

“Smitties right Capin, she is a fair lass and Gypsy by no means, you know she’s a pure one” said the other and raised his glass.

“Thank you me hearties” he said and tied the helm to stay on course.

“All tight men try to sober up and clean up the deck lights out in a few minutes” he said and walked off to his cabin.             

Chapter 3 by Howies Girl

Chapter 3

             Howard watched as the men finished cleaning the deck, and lights began to dim. Giving a nodding approval he walked to his cabin. Looking around he found that Diana had not eaten her food and sighed. He looked around closer to try and locate her, he found her asleep in the corner of the room. He found this as the perfect opportunity to shackle her to the bed so that she wouldn’t try to run. Reaching the shackles on the bed he tied them to the bed post and as quietly as possible shackled Diana’s ankle. Diana stirred and opened her eyes slowly; she gasped as she felt the cold shackle touch her bare skin and tried to get away. Howard grabbed her arm instantly and pulled her towards him.  

“I don’t think so querida you are mine now and I will not let you escape” He said softly.  

“Let me go, you despicable pirate you are nothing but a worthless sea dog” she said and spit in his face. 

“You are going to pay for that” he said softly and pulled her into a kiss.            

Diana felt his lips on her, rough yet gently at the same time. Her eyes wide open in surprise, but something in her stirred. Why did she feel this way? She could feel her eyes close as he held her in his arms the kiss long and soft. Opening her eyes in realization she kicked him in the shins and without warning pulled his sword from it protective sheath. She held it to his neck her eyes full of anger and fear. Her lips trembled.  

“Don’t come near me or I’ll slice your throat” she quivered.  He laughed at her.  

“You wouldn’t dare, you don’t have the heart to kill me” He said and pressed his neck against the sword.  

Diana Stood her ground and looked deep into Howard’s eyes, she did not expect to see what she saw in his eyes, hurt and pain. She took slow deep breaths, lowering the sword, she watched as he grabbed it quickly and tossed it across the room.  

“Now you are on my ship querida and you will like it” he said 

“Why?” she whispered 

“Why, What?” He said and turned to her. 

“Why did you take me from my home?” She asked angrily. 

“Because……… you were there for the taking and I always get what I want” He said and gently touched her cheek.             

Diana turned her face from him and tried to walk out of his reach. But no use she was his captive and he made sure she would not escape. The only thing she could do was turn her back from him. It helped but she could still feel those eyes staring at her. Her heart beat rapidly in her chest, she felt her cheeks flush. Suddenly his hands caressed her shoulder and she shivered at his touch, why was her body betraying her? He hated this man, for taking her away from her home, yet at the same time, she had yearned for an adventure. She felt so confused, her eyes stung with tears, she turned slowly and gazed at him her eyes full of tears. That caught him by surprise; this once strong willed girl now quivered and began to fade. He saw her tears and began to feel guilty, but as a pirate he had to keep his rough exterior. Taking a deep breath he composed himself and smiled evilly. 

“What’s this I see? The tiger is finally being tamed” he mocked her and laughed. 

 “I will be getting ready for bed you can feel free to sleep on the floor but I warn you it can get drafty in here” with that he began to undress.             

 She gasped and turned away quickly this man was getting undressed for bed. She took a peek to see his naked bottom and blushed away. This man slept in the nude; she sat on the floor facing away from him and laid down her back to him. She could hear him shuffling around and putting away his things, she heard key’s jingling and turned to see the key to her shackles around his neck. She turned quickly before he found her staring, but she couldn’t help but blush at the sight of his manly chest, tanned by the sun’s rays and full of muscle from hard labor.             

 Howard had felt her eyes on him a couple of times and smiled to himself. He glanced over at her form on the floor and sighed. Walking up to her He picked her up in his arms; he heard her gasp and laughed. Without saying a word he placed her on the bed and covered her tightly. Walking to the other side he slipped in and turned lay on his back. 

“I am not going to have you catch a cold when it gets drafty in here” He said softly and closed his eyes.             

 Diana could only stare into the darkness of the room now; she could feel her eyes close slowly as slumber pushed to take over. She heard his soft steady breathing and sighed. She was his captive and there was nothing that could be done. All she could do was pray that the cosmos had a plan for her.  

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~           

In Kevin’s cabin he sighed as he thought of the past events. In his hand he held a gold locket with a faded initial on it. It belonged to his daughter, one who lived back in Tortuga managing a pub and married to a buccaneer like himself. He thought of the way Howard had captured this girl and thought about her father how heartbroken he must be. He knew the captain had been through hard times but, why go through the trouble to kidnap a woman who he’s never meant before. Kevin closed his eyes and searched his eyes to the many conversation he and the captain have had.  

“You know Kevin I’ve been having this strange dream for months now” Howard said on the shore of Tortuga.  

 “Really? What about?” Kevin asked as he took a sip of his rum. 

“there is this girl, a gypsy she dances and calls to me, sometimes I see her on a cliff looking out at the ocean and she say she wants an adventure;  she calls to me” he whispered and laughed.  

“Well then she must be the girl of your dreams” Kevin said softly.             

 His eyes snapped open and he took a deep breath.

Was this the girl from the captain’s dream?’ Kevin questioned the thought.

How could he have missed this, in retrospect the girl didn’t give much of a fight except for when her father was in danger. He looked once again at the locket and held it close to his heart. Howard was his best friend and if this is what Howard needed to do, then as a Pirate he would respect his Captains wishes.

 ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~           

Diana’s father cried frantically as the Kumpaña (Gypsy camp) mourned the loss of Alejandro. The elders that tried to rescue him failed. He noticed the fortune teller looking at her cards and sighed. He never went to her for anything but; he couldn’t help but ask for help from her.  

If you are here to ask me about Diana, then I will tell you before you ask” She said not looking at him. 

“She came to me before the sun set about a dream she had” She proceeded to tell him about the dream and heard him gasp.  

“What do we do?” Diana’s father asked.          

“We do nothing, this was in the cards to go against them is dangerous and you know it” She said as she looked at her tarot cards laid on her table. 

“I cannot just let my daughter defend herself from that descarado (one who behaved shamelessly), who knows what he has done to her” He said and spit at the ground.

 

“Demitriou, No te atrevas (Don’t you dare)” Tia said as she glared at him.

 

            Demitriou gave a small growl as he kicked the dirt. He felt helpless as he walked to his wife Carmen and held her in her arms.

 

“No te preocupes cariño (Do not worry my love)” He said and kissed her temple.

             Wrapping his arm tighter around her, Demitriou walked Carmen to their tent. He helped her into their bed and sang her a song to help her sleep. Once he was sure she was deep asleep he walked out to the clearing not far from the camp and looked up at the sky. He hoped that wherever Diana was she was looking at the sky and finding away to escape and return home.
Chapter 4 by Howies Girl
Author's Notes:
I would really appreciate it if i could get reviews before i post more i crave reviews and i really need to know if there is anything i need to change or if the story can use more. so pleae review, review, review!

Chapter 4



            Howard awoke that morning to the movement of Diana stirring next to him. He gazed one her has her form laid nestled close to him. His arm non-chalantly placed under the nape of her neck; his hand on her shoulder. Gently he lifted her and removed his arm and placed her back on top of the pillow. Propping himself up on his left elbow he watched her as she slept some more. His eyes searched her face and found peace. He could feel his heart call for her but he only wanted her for one thing and that was to fill the void in his bed, or so he thought. Snapping back to reality he quietly got out of bed and tucked Diana once again keeping her warm. Standing behind the door he opened it a crack to see that Nicholas had brought him his warm water for his morning bath. Even though he was a pirate he was no less of a man. Some in his crew may be able to live with their own stench but not Howard.

 He knew it scared many of the women away. Placing the water in the basin he stepped in and sighed softly, the muscles in his body relaxing as the warm water soaked his dark skin. Taking the soap he lathered and rinsed and got out to dry. Glancing at Diana as he put on his pants he took the key from around his neck and quietly unlocked her shackle. Taking a piece of parchment and a quill he wrote her a quick note and left it on his bedside table for her to see. As he was putting on his shirt he took a glance at the crescent moon tattoo on his right wrist and scowled. Roughly placing the shirt over his head he grabbed his coat and hat and walked out the door slamming it in the process and cursing at himself.

"I see you have awoken on the wrong side of thebe Cap’n?" Said Kevin as he walked up to the Howard and patted his shoulder "was it a rough night?" he added raising his eye brow.

              Howard glared at him and shook his head, as he walked to the banister by the wheel of the ship. He watched as crew members began their work. He Turned to Kevin with his lips pursed into a thin line.
  "Hold your tongue" he said simple and walked to the helm of the ship. “Gypsies women are virgins till marriage” He said simply.

           Taking in the salty sea air Howard took a deep breath and closed his eyes as he let the breeze caress his face. Closing his eyes he let the suns’ warm rays warm up his face


"Well lads you know what to do at this time of the Morning, I don’t want to see any lollygaggers so off to work" He bellowed and asked one of his other crew members to take the helm.

"I’ll be off to Cookie" He said simply.
  "Misters Kevin you watch the crew and make sure things get done" he said as he walked down and out of sight toward the ships kitchen.

     Walking down the narrow hallway he could smell the food cookie was preparing. Entering the kitchen he saw young Nicholas struggling to carry bags of flour from one end to the other.

"That’s it Cookie you should build some muscle on him" Howard said as he took and apple and bit into it.

"I would do no less Capin" Cookie said and laughed.

       Cookie was a fine man, fat as a pig, but a fine man. Howard like Cookie, his food could fill 100 men and it was delicious. Howard looked to Nicholas who gave him a discouraging look as if he knew what the captain had come for.

"I see you know what I want Nicholas" he said and gave a devilish smile.

"Aye Capin I do but if I get slapped again I won't do it no more" He said shaking his finger at the captain.

         Howard let out a hearty laugh and grabbed at his ribcage.
 

 "My boy I promise you she won't bite this time, just take her some fruit for breakfast and draw her up a warm bucket of water for her bath, and if you could get out the woman’s clothes from the drawer under my bed" he said and saw the look in Nicholas's eyes.

"Capin you mean those clothes?" he said

"Aye Nicholas those now don't question me anymore and do it" Howard said losing his patience.

Nicholas gulped before answering "Aye Capin" he said and prepared his chores.

        Howard bid them fair well and began to wonder around the ship before he ended up at the stern (back) of the ship where he had place a small balcony for when he wanted to be alone. There was a small shoot which Howard invented so that Kevin could send him messages in case something had gone wrong.

         Meanwhile Diana awoke to find her ankle free and smiled of her new freedom. Pulling the covers off she rubbed her ankle lightly the thought of escaping came to her mind. She looked around for the captain and found a note addressed to her from him.


Dianna

I have taken the shackle off of your ankle to give you free reign of where to go. But know this, we are far out at sea and there is no means of escape since my crew is around and they can all see you as clear as day. I will send Nicholas to bring you food and warm water for a bath and a change of clothes. You are my prisoner still and you will never be free. You will forever be mine a trophy.

Your kidnapper and captain of this ship

Howard



Diana dug her face in the pillow and let a loud yell of frustration. Taking the lamp she threw it across the cabin and watched as it smashed against the wall. Her breathing was hard and her anger had arisen anew. She made a promise to find a means of escape, Even if it meant she had to swim with the sharks to get home.

Chapter 5 by Howies Girl
Author's Notes:
Here are the next few chapters.

Chapter 5




Nicholas grumbled as he walked up the steps carefully with a bucket of hot water and a bowl of fresh fruit for the Gypsy girl in the captain’s cabin. He only hoped that she would keep her hands to herself and leave him alone. Reaching the captains’ cabin door he placed the bucket of water down and knocked gently on the door.

"Ms. Gypsy I brought you a bucket of water and some fresh fruit for you to eat is it safe for me to come in?" he asked through the door.

"Come in" he heard softly.

Nicholas opened the door and picked up the bucket of water. Entering the room he placed the bucket by the tub and the bowl of fruit on the captain’s desk. He could feel her eyes on her and shook his head. Looking in the basin he sighed as the captain had left the old water in it and grumbled some. Walking top the door he sighed and called out for two crew men.

"Oyez! Smittie, Johnson I need help dumping the water in the capins’ tub" he said and shook his head.

"All right Lad we'll help ye" Smittie said and laughed.

Nicholas rolled his eyes as the two men came in joking about his position. Shaking his head he made sure they took care of the capins tub and turned only to jump back in fright as Dianna had appeared when he turned around.

"DAVY JONES GOHST" He yelled and grabbed his chest and looked at the small gypsy woman. "You sacred me ma'am is there something wrong?" he asked and crossed his arms.

"I....I wanted to apologize to you" she said softly and bowed her head.

Nicholas looked at her and raised his eyebrow. Gently he moved her out of the way as Smittie and Johnson placed the captain’s tub back in its place and closed the door behind them. Nicholas walked away from Diana and opened the drawer pulling out a lovely light blue and white dress. Nicholas knew very well who this dress belonged to and wondered why the captain wanted her to wear such a precious dress.

"Now miss the Capin has ordered me to lie this out for you, I have done my duty and that is that" He said and began to walk but was stopped as Diana placed a hand on his shoulder.

"I know I’m not your favorite person but please believe me when I saw I’m sorry, I should not have slapped you yesterday" she said and gazed up at him with her soft brown eyes.

Nicholas sighed " it’s all right miss I know you meant no harm, now if you need anything just tell any of the crew members to call for Nicholas and they will fetch me for you" he said and smiled.

"Please call me Diana “she said and smiled

"Well Diana I must be off, I do have cabin boy duties to finish" he said and walked out the door but not before winking at her.

Kevin stood in front of Nicholas, his arms crossed as he looked to the young cabin boy.

"It seems she's calmed down a bit" He said to Nicholas

"Aye sir she has, but it's all so sad, she was taken from her home yet shows no sadness" he said in wonder.

"It seems she might not have been as happy as many of us think she was" Kevin continued and sighed "you should head back to Cookie lad he will need your help, and when you have finished, Brian wants you to join him up on the Nest" he said pointing up to where Brian was waving.

"Aye, Aye!" Nicholas said simply and grumbled his way to Cookies kitchen.

Kevin laughed and shook his head as he wrote a small note for the captain and sent it down the pipe to his secret hideout.

Once Nicholas had left the cabin Diana had gotten into the tub and began to relax. Her mind wondered back to her father and the Kumpaña. Tears began to fill her eyes but she knew in her heart she would be all right. She could feel her thoughts wandering off into the distance. She only hoped that her family was safe and would not be found by the Spanish king and executed. As she lay in the tub she felt her mind wander to thoughts of Howard; His big brown eyes, his long curls, his soft lips. Shaking her head she huffed at the thought of falling in love with Howard, and yet there was something about him that made her blood flame with passion and her heart beat a thousand times faster. Finishing her bath she dried herself quickly and dressed in the clothes that Nicholas had laid out on the captain’s bed for her. Already dressed she took some fruit from the bowl and began and ate it, the juices quenching her thirst as she let out a moan of satisfaction. She failed to notice the door to the cabin opening.
 Howard looked at the woman before him and couldn’t help but smile to himself. Yes, she was a rare and beautiful woman, and she made his blood boil and his manhood twitch. He watched her ever so quietly as she took a bite out of the luscious red apple that seemed to satisfy her appetite. He could only hope that she would soon share his bed. Shaking his head he felt torn, he was a pirate and he needed to be ruthless, she was his Captive and she would have to do what he said. Taking a deep breath he let it out slowly as he quietly approached her.
"I see you have you appetite back" she heard from the door, making her jump as she turned to see Howard smiling at her.

Diana glared at him before she turned her back towards him holding her head high. She was afraid of what might happen if she looked deep into his eyes. She could already feel her heart trying to leap out of her chest, her blood beginning to warm as her body yearned for his touch. She knew this would not be pretty, as she had decided to be difficult, after all this man was her kidnapper. She braced herself for the wrath she would have him unleash upon her.
Chapter 6 by Howies Girl

Chapter 6



          Howard gazed upon her silhouette and smiled. His eyes roamed her body going from her long straight black hair to the luscious curve of her behind. It took four giant steps for him to reach her, his hand pressed against her shoulder and moved gently down her arm. He could feel her body shiver at his touch and smiled. The dress Nicholas had lain out for her fit her perfectly. Her curves where accented in the right places. He restrained himself from turning her to face him and kiss her there and then. He was determined to tame this wild Gypsy woman; even if it took his very last breath he would make her, his.

“You look stunning my dear, it makes me wonder why you have not yet married” He said and smiled evilly.

Diana Turned and smacked his hand away “Don’t touch me” She said while gritting her teeth.

“It seems I hit a sore subject with the lady” He said and laughed as he took her chin in his hand “Such a beauty as yourself, and yet you didn’t love the man who protected you” He continued and laughed.

        Diana growled slightly and raised her hand giving him a good slap that released his grip on her. Howard placed his hand on his cheek and glared at her. She stood her ground, her breath deep and filled with anger.
 “How dare you say such a thing, I loved Alejandro and he loved me. He was a dear friend and you killed him, He was unarmed and you killed him” She said pounding on his chest letting her tears fall down her cheeks.

            Howard laughed and took hold of her hair making her cry out in pain “don’t be foolish you may have loved him as a friend but not as a lover” He said and smiled. He a fist full of her hair and in a quick reflex caught her hand in mid air as she was getting ready to slap him once again. “No, no, no my lovely pet no more of that, one was enough” He said mocking her.

             They stood gazing at each other their breaths mixing with every exhale. Their eyes locked, Diana’s in anger, and Howard’s in amusement. Howard let his eyes wonder to her lips. They looks so red and moist, he licked his own lips as he gazed back into her eyes. At that moment with his hand still full of her hair he pressed her lips to his in a heated kiss of passion. He could feel her body quiver as the kiss depend and he smiled inwardly. Diana felt her eyes droop to a close and her arm almost immediately wrapped around his neck as the kiss continued. Her heart pounded in her chest as she felt the sparks fly between them. Opening her eyes she groaned and pushed him away only able to separate his lips from hers, his hand still with a fist full of hair.

“You worthless sea dog, I am only a conquest for you, and I think I know why” she said and laughed “It is because no woman could ever love a disgusting person like you”

          With that Howard pushed her away and glared at her. He could feel his blood boil in anger at the mention that no one could love him. He took two steps towards her, his face very close to hers. His eyes burning into hers, as his breaths were deep and shallow. He gave a low growl making her shiver with fear.

“You gypsy wench, the dress you are wearing belonged to a woman who loved a man like me. I would keep your mouth shut if you don’t want your tongue cut off” He said and slammed his fist on the table making her jump.

               Turning his back to her he walked out the door and to the deck where his crew was preparing for the nightshift. Walking around the main deck he sighed and looked at the stars. As he was about to reach the bow of the ship he heard a door slam open and turned to see Diana marching to wards the Starboard (right) Side of the ship. Leaping into a run he watched how she climbed the railing and stepped on the other side.

“What Madness is this?” He asked as he stood amused

“If you will not free me I will jump” She said and glared at him.

“I’m sure Davy Jones would welcome you to the sea” He said and laughed “You are not brave enough to do it, if you want to see your father again I suggest you come back to my side” He said and shook his head.

“I rather die” she responded.

              With that said Diana moved her right foot towards nothing but air. As she began to lose her balance, Howard climbed on to the banister and took her waist in his arms, but to no avail as it made them both lose their balance and fall into the deep waters of the blue ocean. The crew rushed to bring the captain and Diana back aboard the ship. Once they were brought aboard Diana was left gasping for air as Howard shook himself from the water and looked at her.

“I should have kept you shackled to the bed” he said and grabbed her arm forcing her to stand up her wet hair pasted on the side of her face.

“No, let me correct you…YOU SHOULD HAVE NEVER KIDNAPPED ME!” she yelled in anger he body shivering for the cold water.

“I swear if you don’t behave your self you will find that you will no longer be pure” He threatened through clenched teeth.

“You wouldn’t dare” She gasped as tears filled her eyes mixing with the drops of salt water on her face.  

“Try me” he challenged while dragging her back to his cabin his shoes making wet noises as he walked. Reaching his Cabin he pushed her in grabbed dried clothes for himself and walked out locking the door behind him.
 “NICHOLAS!” He bellowed

“Aye Captain!” Nicholas said as he pushed through the crowd to rush to the captain’s side.

“Your first test to becoming a pirate is guarding this door, I am the only one allowed in or out is that understood” He said.

          Nick could only salute and nod his head as he sat on a chair in front of the door, and watched as the captain paced back and forth. He had never seen the captain this riled up, except for the time when he thought he was being cheated in Tortuga playing a game of deadly dice. All the same Nick knew he had to do a good job or else he would remain a cabin boy forever and that was the last thing he wanted. Gazing at the door he only hoped that Diana was alright inside the captains’ quarters and she had changed into dry clothes.

“Kevin I will be bunking with you tonight!” He said without waiting for an answer form Kevin.

Kevin sighed “all right men back to work Get these decks swabbed make sure the ropes are tight”   He gazed at the sky and shook his head before following the captain down to the crew’s quarters.  ‘This is going to be a long night’ Kevin thought as they reached his room.

             Kevin left the deck as the men finished their chores and headed to bed. Opening his cabin door he saw Howard sitting on a chair in the corner his head bowed like a defeated dog.   Kevin sighed as he grabbed another chair and sat across from the captain a bottle of rum in his hands. Kevin didn't know much about the captains past; he met Howard after he had gained a reputation of being a fair captain and a feared pirate.

"Howard I know times are rough we have many days out here in the sea before we reach home " he said and sighed "I brought you some rum if you care to partake to it" he offered and before he could take a small sip it was out of his hands.

Howard took three long gulps of it and sighed as he felt the hot liquid run down his throat his body began to feel relaxed. Gazing at his friend he laughed. Kevin raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"Is there something wrong sir?" he asked

"My friend did I ever tell you that I was a gypsy once" he said and showed Kevin his crescent moon tattoo.
"I was happy, I had family I had brothers and then they were killed by the Spanish king" he said in spite "That was my first turn to becoming a pirate" taking another chug of rum he stood and stumbled around the room with the bottle in his hands "So I left and became a cabin boy, just like Nicholas, and learned how to live like a man of the sea, it felt wonderful to be out at sea it was heaven. I met my dear Esmeralda when we made a stop back in Spain out in the woods where I heard they resided to keep out of trouble. So naturally I showed them my mark and well, I was welcomed. I was taken by this angel who was dancing with her soul. She stole my heart with one gaze of her crystal blue eyes. So we Courted and well, much to say we were married. I was 16 at the time we were married and she was 14. Well naturally I stayed with her and lived once again the life of a gypsy. I felt home when I was with her, but her father knew that I had become a man of the sea" He paused to take a another gulp as his eyes filled with tears "So we decided I would join my crew and the captain gave us permission to board as long as she stayed in her room and I finished my chores. Naturally we obeyed and the trip was smooth. A week into our marriage was given the pirate test so I had to leave her behind in Tortuga" By this time Howard was swaying back and forth his tears now falling down his face "Well………." He paused to laugh  "As you can see as plain as day I passed" he chuckled and shook his head"Oh what a joyous day it was and to top it off it was Esmeraldas birthday so naturally her birthday present was a lovely emerald necklace the captain let me keep from the days plunder" He paused and his face grew dark. "But as soon as I reached the door of my house I knew something was not right" he said and finished the bottle of Rum flipping it so that he could make sure there was nothing left her  sighed and anger filled him. "This Gypsy will be the death of me" He cursed and threw the bottle across the room making Kevin jump slightly.

Kevin had never seen the captain so distraught and full of pain, yet here he was telling him his story of pain and heart ache. Kevin bowed his head and decided to not let the captain go on.

"Capin I think it's time for you to sleep, you need your rest to navigate us safely to Tortuga" He said as he walked to the Howard and helped him on to the bed.
"I'll take the hammock and you get the nice comfy bed" he said but it was to no one since the captain had fallen asleep right away.

Walking to the hammock Kevin sighed and gazed at the ceiling. This girl was melting the captain’s heart, and he knew it. The only problem now was to make the voyage to Tortuga a safe one where neither of them gets hurt. Giving a sigh he closed his eyes and fell right to sleep.
Chapter 7 by Howies Girl

Chapter 7

   He saw her from a distance, her sweet voice calling him. He reached for her, but she seemed farther away. He tried to run be she kept getting farther and farther away. He struggled to keep going, he had to reach her, and he had to save her. When he tried again she turned to him and fell to the floor he took her in his arms. He held on to her and shook her softly ‘amor no Te vallas’ (love don’t go) he whispered softly as her caressed her face. The blood was now staining his hands as he cried for her. ‘No yores cariño’ (don’t cry sweet) she said in a soft whisper as she reached to touch his face. Kissing her hand softly he could see her eyes begin to close and he called out.    "ESMERALDA" He yelled as he shot up from his slumber.              Taking deep breaths he wiped the sweat from his brow and took deep breaths. He ran his fingers through his hair though steady they were not. He was shaking down to the bone, his regret and anger filling him. Punching the pillow before laying back down trying to fall back to sleep. He only found himself staring up and the ceiling of the room the wood creaking in the silence. Giving a groan he got out of the bed and headed to his cabin where he found Nicholas trying to stay awake.  "Go sleep Lad I’ll be in there" He said and patted Nicholas's shoulder.  "Aye Capin" he said in a yawn.                                                                                                                                           Howard opened the door softly and cringed when the door made a slight squeak, making sure to get someone to fix it in the morning, and walked in. He was grateful that it had not woken Diana, He sighed as he saw Diana sleeping on his bed, her breath steady and slow. He walked to the bed by the guide of a slowly dying out candle and stood over her. Her long brown hair gently falling over her face as she slept, gently he placed his hand on her face and brushed away her hair. He could have sworn she sighed from his touch. Shaking his head he walked towards the small window and gazed out into the night sky.  Looking back to Diana he could feel himself being pulled in two. On one hand he could force her to love him, and on the other he could show her the side of him only Esmeralda had seen. Running his fingers through his hair in frustration he sighed and walked towards the bed, slowly slipping in as to not disturb Diana he fell right to sleep.  Diana awoke slowly when she felt someone climb into the bed. From the feel of his touch she knew it was Howard. She gently turned towards her side so that her back was to him. She could feel her heart racing again yet she felt so dirty so vile. She did not feel like a gypsy any longer she felt like a toy. Only to be used for his needs. Sighing softly she closed her eyes and thought about her home, with her Kumpaña. She could see it now, swimming in the lake with her brother and best friend, dancing to the rhythm of her uncle’s guitar, and….kissing Howard? She opened her eyes quickly and shook her head. That was not what she wanted yet it was there in her mind. She wanted to feel his kisses again to feel his touch. Closing her eyes she decided to go back to sleep trying to get the handsome pirate captain out of her mind.             Out on the deck Kevin had sighed as he watched the captain return to his cabin. He had heard him call Esmeraldas name and became worried for him. Seeing him safe he walked around the deck and stood on the bow (front) of the ship Starboard (right) side. He leaned against the railing and watched as the waves hit the boat the wind moving them towards their destination. Nothing excited him more then returning to Tortuga where he knew he had many women waiting for him. Gazing up to the watch nest where Brian was he sighed and began to climb up.  As he reached the top he smiled seeing Brian waiting for him with a bottle of rum and a smile.  “I was wondering when you were going to show up for your midnight drink” He said and gave the bottle to Kevin.  “I had to see if everything would be alright with the Capin” He said simply and took a big chug.  “The Capin is going to be fine, he just has to tame the lass, is all” Brian said as he took the bottle and chugged as well. “I guess we will have to leave it to the stars” Kevin said as he began to sing quietly.   Fifteen men on a dead man's chest
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum
Drink and the devil had done for the rest
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum.
The mate was fixed by the bosun's pike
the bosun brained with a marlinspike
and cookey's throat was marked be like
It had been gripped by fingers ten;
And there they lay, all good dead men
Like break o'day in a boozing ken
Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum………………………
   The next morning, Howard and Diana Awoke in each other’s arms; they both awoke with smiles only to be startled as they both pushed off of each other and fell on the floor. Diana Crawled to the bed and propped herself up on her knees as she glared at Howard. They stayed on the edges of the bed glaring at each other their breaths long and rough in anger. Diana racked her fingers through her hair getting what few had fallen to her face and pushed them back. Howard groaned as he got up slowly. Diana pushed herself up and brushed herself off.  “How dare you” She said and stood as she turned her back on him.  “How dare I what? Sleep in MY own bed! Listen you wench I could just let you lie cold on the floor if that’s what you wanted” he said angrily as he walked to her.  “Then why didn’t you” She said in a half soft half angry voice.  “Because I wanted you to stay warm, I didn’t want you to get sick on this voyage” He said as the tone of his voice changed. “Oh” Diana said softly and slowly looked to him. “Thank you captain” she said simply and walked to the small window in the room.  “You’re welcome” he replied as he cleared his throat and began to change his clothes.  He made sure he changed quickly as to not make her feel uncomfortable. The tension in the room was so thick it could have been sliced with a very sharp sword. He couldn’t help but think back to his dream before coming back to reality as the ships bell was rung to signal the day’s work to begin. Without a word Howard took on last look at her and walked out into the sun light, where his crew was awaiting for orders. Diana watched as he left and felt tears form in her eyes. She closed her eyes and thought of the dream she had that night. She was with him walking down a beautiful sandy beach holding hands. A flower was placed in her hair as she turned to see Howard smiling down on her as he leaned in to kiss her with the passion she so longed for. Opening her eyes she shook the thought once again out of her head and changed clothes for the day.  

Chapter 8 by Howies Girl

Chapter 8

  

Howard had been silent through out the morning as he sailed the ship towards its main course. He missed Tortuga and longed to be there. Not only to have Diana to himself but to mingle with the ladies there. If Diana was not going to give in he would find comfort else where. He smiled as he thought of the many women who have been in his bed; it was his was of making the pain go away. As he day dreamed he couldn’t help but see his favorite in his mind her flowing brown hair her smooth silhouette. He could almost reach her in his mind as her back was turned to him but when he turned her to face him he saw Diana’s face and returned to reality. 

 

“Damn I can’t get her out of my mind” He cursed and slammed his fist against the railing.

 

Howard sighed and went back to sailing the ship as he checked his compass every now and then to make sure they were headed in the right direction. He looked on as his crew worked and wondered where Kevin was. Kevin was still in the watchers nest sleeping. Brian had no means of waking him up and smiled at his joke as he pulled up a bucket of cold water with help from Nicholas and poured it on Kevin.

 

“AHHHHHHHH” Kevin yelled as he awoke.

 

Brian tried to hold his laughter as he disposed of the bucket and helped Kevin up.

 

“And a good morning to you Missers Kevin” he said and chuckled.

 

“You’ll be lucky if I don’t throw you down to the deck” He grumbled as he climbed over and headed down the ladder.

 

“At least one of us got a good nights rest” Howard said as he yawned a bit.  Before Kevin could answer the captain Brian gave a shout.

 

“LAND HO! WE’VE MADE IT HOME CAPIN!”  He bellowed as the crew cheered.

 

Howard smiled as the crew cheered and began to sing. He joined in and waved his hat in the air. He was glad to be home, and Diana would be his slave if she would not be his lover. He signaled for Kevin to take the helm and went into his cabin to make sure Diana was ready.  As Howard entered his cabin he was graced by something he never thought he would see. He could only stare at her and tip toed quietly to where she could not see him. He watched as she lathered her body with soap and smiled. He was about to say something when she began to sing.

 Y quería comprender
el sentir de mi guitarra,
el lamento del bordón
unas notas que se escapan
y te llegan al corazón,
Que te arrastra y que te atrapa
y transmiten emoción.
 

She continued to lather herself as she sang in the beautiful gypsy song.  He felt his heart stop as she sang. He instantly recognized the rhythm in which she sang and smiled.  Any gypsy would now that was the rhythm of Rumba she was singing. He watched and listened carefully as she clapped her hands to a Rumba beat as he quietly moved towards the tub.


Me contaba la otra noche
embriagada por los celos
que transforman su sonio,
que se pierde su flamenco,
que los tiempos están cambiando,
que le están cambiando los tiempos.
Riquezas musicales me están dando
y se están olvidando de lo puro,
ya no recuerdan el temple y el pellizco,
ahora me sacan el sonio duro.
 

He felt a pang in his heart as she continued the song. Could she have been singing about him or the man he had killed when he took her?


Y a la luz de esta farola,
en el silencio de la noche,
te sirva de inspiración.
No me llores guitarrilla
que me metes en tu dolor.
 

            He kneeled silently by the tub and closed his eyes as he listened to her continue on. He couldn’t help but feel his inner gypsy try to come out to join her but never the less he held on.


Tócame por seguidilla
que suenas mejor que tu.
Me contaba la otra noche
embriagada por los celos
que cambiaban su sonio,
que se pierde su flamenco,
que los tiempos están cambiando,
que le están cambiando los tiempos.
 

            He knew it would be the end of the Song he tried to stay quiet but could not contain it any longer as He burst out and sang with her.


Suéname por solea, suéname por solea,
suéname por solea, suéname por solea,
que mira que si sale tocando
no se va a poder aguantar
 

            Diana Turned in surprise and grabbed something to cover herself with. She watched as he stayed kneeling by the tub his eyes closed and in thought. She couldn’t help but smile as the light hit his face making him look so handsome. She felt herself blush and turned away as she got out of the tub and faced him in anger.

 

“What gives you the right to sneak up on me like that while I bathe?” She exclaimed and glared at him.

 

“I was coming to tell you that we are at the shores of Tortuga. But I never thought I would see you like this” He said and Wiggled his eyebrows.

 

“You Dog! That is what you are a despicable dirty Mongrel” She said and turned from him.

 

“You hurt my feelings” He said and walked up to her his hands on her bare shoulders. “I never meant to hurt you” He said

 

            Diana glared at him and pushed away towards her clothes. She carefully got dress in a way where she made sure he could not see what she didn’t want him to see and turned to face him. She found her eyes locked into his. They stood there in silence letting time pass them by.  Diana was about to ask him how he knew the lyrics to the song she sang when there was a knock on the door.

 

“Pardon the intrusion captain but we are about to drop anchor in Tortuga” Kevin said and quickly closed the door.

 

Howard cleared his throat and grabbed her roughly, leading her out the door and to the helm.

 

“Well My sweet Pet Welcome to Tortuga” He whispered in her ear as the ship dropped anchor and the sailors began to prepare for departure.

Chapter 9 by Howies Girl

Chapter 9

   

            Diana tried to struggle as Howard bound her hands with rope and pulled at her like a common dog. She looked around to see if anyone would help her but to no avail. She tried to wriggle her wrists free from the rope but it ended in feeling a burning sensation making her stop. She recoiled into herself as they walked down a muddy path towards a small town on the island filled with Pirates and thieves. She swerved as some of them tried to touch her making her move closer to Howard who pushed her back as if she was now not important. She watched as many busty girls came up to him and he touched them with fondness and want.  She felt something in the pit of her stomach as she watched him with her and glared at the back of his head.

 

            Howard smiled as they passed the luscious ladies who shared his bed often and could feel Diana’s eyes burning through the back of his head. He quickly took the hand of one of his many women and whispered in her ear making her giggle. Out of the corner of his eye he could see Diana trying to avoid looking at him with the wench and smiled inwardly as he continued to whisper.

 

“You know my sweet now that I am back it has been such a long time since I’ve felt your sweet touch” He said and kissed her neck softly, he could feel her shiver.

 

“Oh, Captain Howard you don’t know how long I’ve waited for you” She said and batted her eyes at him.

 

“Well my dear you’ll get your chance as soon as I get my new slave all settled in my house, meet me at the pub and I’ll be there shortly” He said and kissed her lips gently. 

 

“I’ll be waiting” she said and rubbed her chest against his arm and walked away.

 

As soon as she was out of sight Howard turned to Nicholas and smiled.

 

“Soon Nicholas you will be able to partake in all the lovelies here on Tortuga” He said and patted Nicholas’s shoulder.

 

“Aye Capin that I will” He said as his eyes followed a gorgeous blond that walked past him making him bump into a wooden post. Composing himself he ran to catch up to Howard.

 

“Nicholas never let a woman trap you into not paying attention to where you are going” Howard said as he chuckled “It only causes trouble” he said and pulled on Diana’s Rope so that she could keep up.

 

            Diana stumbled as Howard pulled the rope and she cursed at him in gypsy in which he cursed back catching her by surprise. She raised a brow as she looked at him wondering how he knew the language of her people. She vowed to learn more about him once she was in his home. Nicholas glanced back and forth between the two and sighed. ‘There are going to end up murdering each other’ he thought. 

 

            Howard smiled as they arrived at the door to his home and opened the door pushing Diana in. With out a word he proceeded to tug on her with the rope until he arrived to a room by the kitchen. He smiled as he cut the rope and pushed her further in. He took her chin in his hands and it looked like he was almost about to kiss her but shook his head.

 

“No I’ve grown tired of this game” He said simply and walked out the door.

 

Diana watched as he left her in wonder. Her mind raced with question and thought.

 ‘Was this a game to him? Was she just a toy?’ She growled in frustration and grabbed the vase that was on the night stand and threw it against the wall. That made Nicholas rush to her room to see what happened. He opened the door a small crack and knocked softly.

 

“Miss Diana, are you all right?” He asked and shook his head when he saw the smashed vase on the floor.

 

 “I hate THAT man!” She said through gritted teeth and walked passed Nicholas towards the back off the house.

 

“Miss please lets you and I sit and I can make you a cup of tea after all, I do want to be your friend” He said softly as he took her hand in his.

 

Diana gazed into his Blues eyes and could tell he was being sincere “Oh very well” She said and smiled as she was led to the kitchen.

 

“I know the Capin means no harm, he’s been going through some rough times for a while now according to Missers Kevin” Nicholas said sadly as he began to prepare tea for her.

 

“Don’t make me laugh Niño*” she said and snorted a bit.

 

“No joke ma’am you see the Captain lost his wife about….Lets see the Capin is 28 now and she died about 10 years ago” He said  in a soft tone.

 

This caught Diana’s attention and looked to him “He was married? Who would marry a man like that?” She said and laughed.

 

“Her name was Esmeralda and I would appreciate it if you didn’t speak to her about it Nicholas” said and angry voice from behind them.

 

“Aye c-c-c-Capin s-s-s-sorry Capin” Nicholas stuttered and bowed his head.

 

“Now if you’ll excuse me I have a guest I need to entertain in my bed chambers” He said as Diana noticed it was the woman he had whispered to when they arrived.

 

             Diana looked to Nicholas who looked back to him and she nudged her head towards where the captain went. Nicholas mouthed the word ‘no’ and shook his head while Dianna nodded and pointed to the now closed door. Nicholas sighed as he finally agreed and bade her to keep quiet as they tried to listen in on the Captains conversation with the woman. 

Chapter 10 by Howies Girl
Chapter 10   

Diana and Nicholas gently pressed their ears to the door and tried to listen in on the captain’s conversation. Diana gasped as he heard a few words in Gypsy and tried not to scowl.

 

“Now my dear” They heard Howard say to his guest “You know what I want” He said and moaned softly.

 

“Anything for you Captain” The woman said and rustling was heard through the door.

 

Nicholas reached for the door knob and motioned for Diana to get behind him so that she could see what was going on. To their surprise the woman was giving Howard a nice Strip show and Diana Quickly Covered Nicholas’s eyes. Nicholas scowled as he took Diana’s hand out of his way and stared at the beautiful woman that was keeping the captain good company.  Diana’s face was that of anger yet she found herself questioning her anger.

 

‘Why am I angry? I shouldn’t care what this vile evil man is doing with another woman’ she thought and backed away from Nicholas. She took his arm and quietly closed the door.

 

“Do you think you could show me around Tortuga seeing as how I will be stuck here?” She said softly.

 

“sure I mean it’s no fun staying stuck in the house and I could watch over you while the Captain is busy with his whor…I mean guest “ He said in attempt to be respectful. 

 

Diana muffled her laugh with her hands and curled up a bit. Regaining her composure she linked her arm with Nicholas’s and they walked out of the house. Diana closed her eyes as she felt the warm sun hit her face. She smiled brightly and looked to Nicholas who smiled in return.  Diana Felt safe with Nicholas, He felt like a brother to her, someone to talk to and share secrets with. They strolled around the market looking at trinkets and at many beautiful treasures.

 

“So you see, my father died when I was 17 on a trip to a hunt, he was the only one taking care of me, and that’s when Captain Howard made me his cabin boy and let me stay with him at his place” Nicholas said as he had finished telling Diana his life story.

 

“Ahh I see you must have been proud of you father and he of you” She said softly and looked to the floor.

 

“Is something wrong” Nicholas asked as he saw her saddened face.

 

“No…well…it’s just I miss my father so much” She said as a tear rolled down her cheek “yet I feel happy because…. Oh I loved Alejandro as a friend and I didn’t want to marry him, yet I didn’t want him to die either” She said and looked to Nicholas. “I just feel so conflicted, Howard has taken me from my home, it makes me angry yet I feel free, I don’t know what to do” She said and sighed.

 

“Well I guess the only thing to do is try to enjoy this new freedom and explore this new adventure, sooner or later the Captain will have to take you back” Nicholas said and smiled as he nudged her gently making her laugh.

 

“You know Nicholas you remind me of another friend at home who acts just like you, I consider him my brother and I hope you will let me consider you in that manner” She said and smiled to him.

 

“It would be my pleasure to be your Honorary Cabin boy/Pirate brother” He said and bowed.

 

            They continued to walk some more when Diana saw a mine not far from where they stood. His head was shaven and he had the most rugged face. The wheels in her head began to turn as she smiled. Nicholas raised his eye brow and followed her gaze and gasped. He stood in front of her blocking her view.

 

“Whatever you are thinking of doing don’t, it won’t be a good idea” He said and tried to convince her otherwise.

 

“Nicholas, I will bet you anything Howard is trying to make me jealous so I can come to him, well two can play that game” She said and walked to the Pirate man she was looking at.

 

“Capin please forgive me” He said to the sky and watched her from a distance.

 

Diana walked slowly and looked around making it seem like she was trying to find something of interest. She smiled to herself as she came close to the handsome pirate. Taking a deep breath she turned her head to one of the kiosks and bumped into him. Taking a fall she grimaced and rubbed her back. She looked up to see his hand offering her a small bit of help to get up.

 

“Excuse me miss I did not mean to bump into you” He said and smiled.

 

“Oh please sir it was my fault I should have watched where I was going” She said and blushed slightly, taking his hand and getting up off the ground.

 

“Captain Alexander Mclean at your services” he said and kissed the back of her hand.

 

“I am Diana Romero, Pleased to meet you” She said and smiled sweetly. ‘This will teach Howard to play games with me’ she thought as she began to talk with Alexander.

 

“Well Ms. Romero what do I owe the pleasure of being in your presence?” Alexander asked.

 

Diana Smiled as she looked into Alexander’s deep hazel eyes. His short hair glistening in the sun, he wore a long red coat with a white puffy shirt, a red sash around his black slacks and black boots.  She Looked to Nicholas who was shaking his head and waving his hands across his neck. She ignored him as she smiled coyly at Alexander.

 

“Well Señior I don’t believe I can stay for long but let us walk around the market. It is my first time here in Tortuga and I would love to get to know it better” she said and dragged Nicholas towards her.

 

“it would be my pleasure” He said as he bowed to her.  

Chapter 11 by Howies Girl

Chapter 11

  

Diana and Alexander walked around the small market before heading back to wards the house with Nicholas not far behind.  Alexander found himself enchanted yet not love stricken for this lovely petite woman. He gazed into her eyes and smiled, it was as if he was reading her mind and she could feel it.

 

“Is there something on your Mind Captain Alexander?”  She said and smiled sweetly.

 

“Tis nothing” He said and smiled as he brought his hand to caress her cheek.

 

Diana smiled and blushed slightly; she felt that she was good at this lovely game. Yet the look on Nicholas’s face was a chalky white as she heard the creak of the front door open and laughing coming from within.  Diana gave and inward smile and moved her body slightly closer to Alexander’s and whispered in his ear.

 

“If you help me with my revenge I will reward you greatly” she said and looked into his eyes.

 

“Very well but we will discuss what type of revenge it is you seek” he said as he looked at the couple coming from the house at the corner of his eyes.

 

Howard was smiling when he was leaving the house but it dropped down when he saw Diana with HIM. His blood began to boil as he saw her whisper to him.  Howard had left his guest alone as he slowly walked towards them. He raised his eyebrow as he walked closer to them. He raised a fist to his mouth and cleared his throat making them jump back away from each other.

 

“Oh it’s only the sea dog” Diana said as she glared at him “you must excuse him Captain Alexander it seems it’s time for his daily walk” she said and gave a soft chuckle.

 

“Don’t listen to her Alexander she is nothing but my slave who should have stayed inside” He said and looked to Nicholas.

 

“Nonsense Howard a Beauty like her should be out in the suns light” He said and caressed her cheek with his thumb.

 

Diana smiled and she watched the two, she loved it that Howard was jealous and in a way it made her see that he did have feelings for her. But still she knew he would never admit it. Smiling softly she kissed Alexander’s Cheek and took the bag he held for her full of new clothes.

 

“Thank you for the new clothes Alexander I shall see you tonight” She said and walked into the house with Nicholas Running after her.

 

Howard walked up to Alexander and growled. The two men glared at each other for a moment before turning on their heels and walking away from each other. Forgetting his other guest Howard Left her on the door step and slammed the door behind him as he heard laughing from the kitchen. In a way it melted his heart but he was just full of anger that it made no difference.  He saw her curled up in laughter and it made him angrier.  He bawled his fist and slammed it against the Wall making it sack and sound with a ‘THUD’. Diana Jumped and placed a hand to her heart and saw the way Howard was glaring at her his chocolate brown eyes burning in anger his medium long curly hair slightly hanging at the side of his face.  She felt fear take her body as he walked towards her in big strides. She tried to flee but he was too quick for her and he took her by the waist.

 

“You have no idea what you have done Querida” He said through gritted teeth.

 

“Then tell me O! Great sea Captain what have I done. Have I caused a bit of jealousy?” She Challenged. 

 

Howard stood there in silence not knowing what to say as he looked into her beautiful sparkling brown eyes. He couldn’t tell her he was jealous, that would mean defeat and she would have the upper hand. He pushed her away from him, and he felt guilty as he saw her stumble and hit the wall.

 

“Why would I be Jealous I hope you and The Captain Alexander have a wonderful time tonight” He said and stormed off into his room. 

 

In side Howard sighed and looked at his marking, he felt a slight emptiness inside him, something that called to him. Tracing he began to hum softly as an old song came to him. He had heard it before in a dream calling to him to sing. He had cast aside his gypsy roots yet they were calling to be released from their entrapment. He growled in frustration and leaned against the wall.

 Quiereme, pero que mira que te digo que tu quiereme.Quiereme, pero que mira que te digo que tu quiereme.Quiereme, pero que mira que te digo que tu quiereme.Quiereme, pero que mira que te digo que tu quiereme  He began softly in a whisper, as began to slide down the wall to the floor. His eyes closed and his head bowed.

Resulta muy topico decirle al mundo
que el amor es un sentimiento
que tiene lado claro y lado oscuro
y las alegrias y penas van por dentro.

Pero mi amor es como un hilo
que arregla y cose lo descosio.
Pero mi amor es como un hilo
que arregla y cose lo descosio.  
 

He had begun to raise his head slowly as if he was calling out to someone still singing softly and low. His heart began to pound in his chest as the rhythm took over his body. It was as if a spirit had possessed him to continue the gypsy passion that ran through his veins. The rhythm of a flamenco rumba playing in his head as he sang and began to rise from the floor. He began to walk around the room making quick flamenco movements before continuing the next part.

 Resulta muy topico decir al valiente
al que juega con los amores
que la soledad suena muy diferente
cuando uno la quiera, cuando te la imponen

Pero mi amor es como un hilo
que arregla y cose lo descosio.
Pero mi amor es como un hilo
que arregla y cose lo descosio.
Y caminando, camina, camina.

me encontre contigo
para que veas tu lo topico que a veces es el destino
mi amor, se muere por mis andares
le tengo contado los pasos
que me llevan a su calle.
 

He walked to his closet and passed his hand on a gypsy dress and took a fist full of the fabric bringing it to his face as tears streamed down his eyes. He danced a bit with anger and with fury. 

 Topico es el besar con los ojos abiertos
Topico es acordarte solo cuando truena
Topico es no sentir lo que llevas dentro
Topico es creer que el amor es una cadena

Pero mi amor, es como un hilo
que arregla y cose lo descosio.
Pero mi amor, es como un hilo
que arregla y cose lo descosio.

quiereme pero que mira que te digo que tú quiereme
 

When he finished the song he found himself leaning against the bed post looking up at the ceiling. He only hoped that he and he alone had experienced that. He passed his hand across his face and punched the wall lightly as his mind raced with thoughts of Diana. He knew the words he sang made no sense at first and he began to understand why he sang it. Someone was trying to tell him something.  He shook his head as he looked at himself in the mirror and only to see a reflection of his former self calling to him. Closing his eyes he opened them to see his new self a ruthless pirate ready to strike and plunder.

Chapter 12 by Howies Girl

Chapter 12


Diana stared as Howard stormed off and looked to Nicholas. She gave him a small questioning look in which he shrugged his shoulders. Diana’s mind raced between going after him and getting ready to meet Captain Alexander. Taking a deep breath she chose to get ready to meet with Alexander and have a good time. Running to her room she closed the door and took out the dress that Alexander had bought for her, it was a lovely half sleeve belled dress that was corset style in the back and a flowing skirt in the from in the nicest shade of midnight blue with sparkling silver to make it look like the stars. Having the dress on Diana called for Nicholas to help her with the back, in which he blushed and sighed.

“Diana, are you sure this is a good idea, Captain Alexander is known for his roughness, and well……. Oh I just don’t want anything to happen to you, not only would I be devastated but the capin would have my head” He said and squeaked at the last part and rubbed his neck.

“Don’t worry
Hermanito (little brother), everything will be fine, besides there is much I need to understand about your sea dog of a captain and if this is the only way I will get it out then so be it. Now will you tie up the back of the dress for me” She said and braced her self as Nicholas pulled on the strings.


When Nicholas finished she walked to the mirror and looked at her self. She made sure nothing was out of place as her fingers touched the soft silk and cotton fibers. She brushed her hair and looked at Nicholas through the mirror. She could tell he was very worried, but she had to do this, it was the only way she could at least try to escape her capture, But, at the same time she didn’t really want to leave. Putting on her makeup she walked over to Nicholas and gave a twirl.
“How do I look?” She asked him.

“You look wonderful” He said only to shake his head and sigh “Diana, please think rationally before you leave to meet with Alexander”

“I have made up my mind Nicholas, I will be meeting Alexander tonight” She said.

Howard moved slowly and quietly and took a quick glimpse of her in the new gown. He felt his breath caught in his throat and gazed at her body. The way the corset accented her curves just right, the way the midnight blue and silver accents make her eyes sparkle. He could feel his heart racing as she walked towards the door.  Her face radiated with beauty and her body speaking to him. He found himself frozen in place as he watched her. Oh how he wanted to kiss her again, His heart beating rapidly in his chest. Howard opened his door wider and stepped out looking over and Nicholas who put his hands up in surrender then to Diana who looked at herself in the mirror one last time.
 Diana turned and saw him standing there his face in wonder as he gazed at her. She could feel his eyes burning into her soul. She felt herself blush and quickly scowled. Yet she loved the way his curls fell on his face. It made him almost soft and vulnerable; she looked away quickly and cleared her throat.

“Well I must be off” She said never noticing that Howard moved quickly towards the door before she could reach the handle when they both touched the knob at the same time they jumped and turned from each other. Clearing his throat Howard reached for the knob and took a deep breath.

 “Allow me” He said softly and opened it for her his eyes searching for hers.

“Thank you” she said softly and gazed into his soft brown eyes.

They stood there staring into each others eyes their faces getting slightly closer. She could almost feel his lips on hers when she turned her face and he kissed her cheek. Howard sighed and cleared his throat and turned away, he cursed at himself for being so weak. He grimaced as he saw Alexander approaching the front steps of his home. He sneered when Alexander took her hand and gently kissedthe back of it making her giggle.
 

“Shall we my delicate gypsy flower?” He heard Alexander say.

“We shall” Diana said as Alexander hooked his arm with hers and led her away.  

Howard waited till they were out of his sight and closed the door quickly. He looked around until he found Nicholas and sighed.

“Nicholas, how about we partake in some rum” He said and smiled.

“Aye Capin” Nicholas said and smiled.

Howard sighed as he once again gazed into the mirror, he saw it there again his former self. Young and full of desire to be set free. His former self pounded on the mirror its voice inaudible, he winced when his old self was yanked away only to be replaced with the ruthless pirate he became laughing at his weakness. Growing angry he punched the mirror shattering it into a million pieces. He ignored the look Nicholas gave him as his boot thudded heavily on the wooden floor as he headed towards the Kitchen.  He hoped that the rum would help him suppress his desires and his emotions. He opened the bottle and began to take a big chug leaving Nicholas to watch as the captain almost drank the whole bottle in one drink.

 

Meanwhile Diana and Alexander started out by walking towards the local pub. Diana smiled and thanked the stars that Alexander was a gentle man and kept his distance.

“Now tell me my sweet delicate flower. What is this revenge you had your mind set upon” He asked curiously.

“I know it sounds foolish but I was brought here against my will” She said softly “Yet this man who has taken me has decided to play me as a toy, and I want to do the same in return” She said softly “I tell you this so that you know that I don’t want you to think that I will play you like he does me”

“Not to worry my sweet it is understandable though about this payment........How is it you had wanted to pay me” He said and gazed at her body up and down, His mind thinking of so many things.

Diana pulled out a solid gold locket from her bust line. She gave it a quick kiss and held it out “This is my most prized position, my father had managed to take it from a rich mans wife back in Spain” She said and smiled. “This is made of solid gold and it is yours to keep” She said.

Alexander sighed and took the trinket in his hand examining it against the soft candle light. His mind began to race as he looked at her softly. Taking the locket he took her hand and placed it in the middle of her pal enclosing her fingers around it. He smiled at the way the soft candle light reflected on her face.

“My dear how about I consider, the kisses you give me to make this Howard of yours jealous as payment enough” He said and laughed knowing he had more in store for her and her precious Howard.

“My dear Captain, are you sure about this?” she said and looked into his caramel eyes.

“A kiss from an angel is payment enough” with that he kissed her hand and smiled “Now I believe I have kept you out late enough, what do you say we head back to the captains place and give him a show” he said and winked softly.

Diana laughed and hooked her arm with Alexander’s as the walked back to Howard’s house. She looked up at the sky and felt something calling to her; it was a familiar gypsy feeling. As if a trapped spirit was calling for release. Yet she had no idea where it was coming from.

Chapter 13 by Howies Girl

Chapter 13


Howard finished what was now his third bottle of rum and chuckled at Nicholas who was now passed out on the kitchen floor. He stumbled his way back to the front hall to await Diana. Sitting in a chair he leaned back and sighed, he needed to change his ways if she was going to be his. Taking a Deep breath he noticed that his pirate self was staring at his through what was left of the hallway mirror. He noticed that his pirate self as holding on to the hair of his gypsy self struggling to be set free.  He realized what was happening, As soon as his Gypsy self was beginning to regain strength the pirate he had become was slowly fading away. But now his pirate self was regaining strength and he looked at the mirror to see his pirate self smiling in victory holding a knife to his gypsy self’s throat. Closing his eyes He stood up and stumbled to the wall across from him and placed his hand to stabilize his balance. He took a sharp intake of breath as he stumbled towards the door.

“Thank you for the wonderful time Captain Alexander” he heard Diana say.

“It was an enchanted evening my sweet” He heard Alexander reply.  

He watched through a small part of the curtain as Alexander leaned in and kissed Diana on the cheek close to the corner of her mouth. He could feel his blood boil and fell backwards into the chair to wait for Diana. His breath now in puffs as he heard the creaking of the door, He coughed making Diana jump.  
 

“Welcome Home “He sneered to Diana and glared at her “You are nothing but a harlot, I’m sure the first chance you got you would have given your virginity away so that your dear Alejandro would kill you himself” He said and laughed.

Diana could feel her blood run cold, the tone of his voice had changed this was not the Howard who was insecure and doubtful this was the Howard who kidnapped her.  She looked towards the kitchen, the empty bottles of rum lying open and Nicholas sleeping soundly on the floor. She glared at him and moved passed him towards her room only to be stopped by him getting up from the chair and moving to block her path.

“Of course a drunk like you would know everything” She said softly and tried to walk past him only to be pushed to the wall.

She grimaced as she gazed into his eyes. His eyes weren’t the warm brown eyes she would remember gazing into but a dark entity a shadow of a hurt man.

“You will not speak to me like that again do you understand!” He yelled and placed his hand on her throat choking her slightly.

Diana coughed as she tried with all her might to push him off yet to no avail. He held a strong grip on her as she struggled to break free. She now had a fear for this man who held her life in his hands.

“Let me make one thing and one thing clear this will be the last time you leave this house” He yelled at her face making her whimper as she struggled even more to break free.

He placed his nose towards her and gave a sly and evil smile. He breathed in her sent and could feel her body tremble in fear. Her breath mixed with his as he rubbed his nose against her, moving from her nose to her hair then to her neck. He places his nose on her cheek. She could smell the alcohol strong in his breath her heart now filled with fear for this man. He chuckled as the alcohol impaired his judgment and he took in a deep breath before slowly and sensually licking her cheek. Diana squirmed as he did so she could feel the fabric of her dress being ripped with the other hand and whimpered in fear. Her chest hung out in all its glory and she could feel his hand cup her and she felt the sting of tears in her eyes. While his left hand still held her throat Howard began trailing kisses on her neck slowly sucking and nipping bore he stepped slightly back to look where he had ripped open the dress with his free hand and smiled at the sight he saw. His right was gently resting on her chest. He pressed his body against hers once again and placed his mouth next to her ear. 

“Next time I will take what rightfully belongs to me; you will no longer be treated with kindness by me. You will no longer sleep in that cozy room but on the floor in the kitchen and you will only wear what I give you. I have given you a taste of freedom and no more if you disobey me I will have you in my bed and then I will slice open your throat. Do not tempt me anymore or you will regret it. ” he said kissing her roughly before he released her. He took one look at her as she slid to the floor tears running down her face. He smiled, pleased at what he had done and stormed off to his room slamming the door in the process.

Diana coughed and held her throat in a means to sooth its pain as tears streamed down her face. She had never felt more afraid for her life then tonight. She slowly got up and quietly rushed to what now used to be her room to change her clothes and sleep on the kitchen floor. The last thing she needed was to be harmed once again by the mad man who she thought she knew. It seemed that her plans to make him jealous worked only to turn into an ugly battle for her life. Gently walking over Nicholas’s sleeping body she made her way to a corner of the kitchen and laid her head down to try and sleep.

Howard walked towards his bed and proceeded to take off his boots throwing them across from his bed. He then rubbed his face with his hands and gave a slight yawn. He took of his coat and threw it to the nearby chair followed by his white puffy shirt. He stood and walked to the mirror his muscular chest visible with the scars of his battles. Yet one thing stood out. He gently ran his fingers across the tattoo on his right wrist that he thankfully kept out of Diana’s sight. He closed his eyes and felt his body grow tired with the need to sleep. Shuffling his feet he threw himself on the bed not bothering to covers over him and fell fast asleep.

 

It was a sunny day out on the beach. He saw her in the distance her long brown hair flowing in the wind as well as her yellow skirt shinning like the sun, her white blouse covered by her blue bodice. He smiled as he noticed her calling toward him he could hear her voice.

Howard” she called softy, his name echoing off into the distance.

“Diana” he called back. He laughed as he ran to her yet it seemed as though she was moving away.

He noticed it suddenly began to grow dark and gloomy he tried to run faster only to feel Sluggish. He could feel his heart stop as a shadowy figure walked up behind Diana and place a knife to her throat. He yelled out and reached for her, but he was too far away. It wasn’t until the dark figure had begun to rip off her clothing that he was able to get closer only to stop and freeze. He was looking at himself, it was his pirate self. Bawling his fist he ran towards the pirate and punched him making him stumble backwards, the dream of Diana had disappeared leaving Howard to face him, and what he had become. His pirate self laughed and put his fists in the air.

“Come lad let us see what you are made of” said his pirate self.

 Letting out a harsh yell Howard lunged at himself and failed. He fell face first into the sand. He tried to get up only to wince as a foot was forcing him to stay down. Finding the Strength within him he was able to bush off and make the pirate fall to the floor. Turning around he jumped on top of the pirate swinging punches at his face only to stop abruptly when he felt a sharp object penetrate his side.

“You see boy, I win, and you lost” he said as Howards gypsy self pushed him off.

The Pirate stood over him and smiled making a very scared and vulnerable Diana appear before him as he forcefully kissed her.  He could feel himself gasping for air but at the same time his pirate self was excited. As he felt his gypsy self cling for life. His view switched to his pirate self who raised the blade up towards the sky and plunged it into Diana’s heart. She gave blood Curling Scream as she fell to the floor.  

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO” Howard yelled as he sat up rapidly. He rubbed his eyes and looked around the room.
 

He took deep breaths as he tried to calm his shaking body. Why would he have a dream like that? He walked to his dresser and looked at himself in the mirror; he could only see himself, his pirate self and he wondered why. He knew his gypsy self was not dead yet just hurt, but what did he care? He was happy right? Shaking his head he lay back down on his bed and stared up at the ceiling.
 

Diana found herself in a deserted area. She looked around only to hear a soft groaning coming from behind her. She turned and rushed towards the figure only to find that it was Howard only he was gentle and kind.

“I am Howards Gypsy side; you must help him find balance before he destroys himself” he said in a whisper as he caressed her cheek gently.

How can I do that when he is so plagued with pain and anger” she said.

Before he could reply Diana was yanked away only to face the side of Howard she feared. His eyes burrowed deep into her soul sneering at her.

“It is too late for him you cannot save him, he will die and I will be left, you will be my slave and nothing can stop me” he said and laughed.  

Diana awoke with her hand on her chest. She only hoped that it was just a dream and nothing more. Laying back down she could only stare up at the ceiling before she slowly went to sleep.    

Chapter 14 by Howies Girl

Chapter 14

            Howard had not slept a wink during the night. His dream kept haunting him. He couldn’t help but look at his crescent moon tattoo. He could feel his soul being torn in two, or was it from drinking too much rum? He did not know. Getting off the bed he walked towards the kitchen He noticed Diana was sleeping soundly in the corner and Nicholas was cooking breakfast keeping quiet as possible. Howard growled and looked to Nicholas.
“Why isn’t that gypsy wench helping you?” He yelled to Nicholas who was now shaking.           

  Diana awoke with a start and stood quickly. She scrambled to help Nicholas with the breakfast as the captain watched her as she moved.  Nicholas noticed how Diana cowered from the Captain when she would usually defend herself. He noticed the red marks on her neck and his eyes widened as he looked to the captain. Staying quiet he finished preparing the captains breakfast and served it to him on a plate. Howard ate quietly and rapidly. He could feel Diana’s eyes on him but he ignored her. He was to meet Kevin today in the market to discuss their next adventure. He Looked to Nicholas and to Diana and smiled.

“Nicholas I want you to let Diana do all your chores show her where everything is, except you are to clean out the weapons, do not let her anywhere near them or you will find yourself lashed” He said as he took a sip of ale.

“Aye Capin” Nicholas said and saluted.           

  Diana kept herself busy by cleaning the counters. She wanted nothing more than to keep herself busy and stay out of his way. She only hoped that she could sneak away to see Alexander. He would be able to help her with this dilemma. She followed Nicholas who showed her where everything for cleaning was. Her mind wandered to las night but quickly shook her head to pay attention to Nicholas.

“The well is behind the house, and the bucket should be next to it.” He said“Thank you” She said softly as she walked towards the back of the house.          

   The wind was blowing in her hair as she approached the well. She proceeded to turn the handle sending the bucket down for water. Once the bucket was full she carried it into the house and started to clean. Howard sighed as he got dressed in his finest cotton slacks with a white shirt and brown vest. Looking at his coats he chose his red coat with gold trims and his black hat with white feathers. He looked at himself in the mirror and smiled at how he looked. He gasped when he saw his gypsy self leaning against the wall behind him through the mirror holding his side and reaching out to him with a bloody hand. He turned from the mirror and walked out of his room and into the hall. To see that Diana had already started to clean the kitchen floors on her hands and knees. He smiled to himself and walked off towards the front door slamming it in the process. He stood in the mornings light and took in the fresh morning sea air. With a new approach in his sights he set forth to the gun shop to meet with Kevin.            

 At the gun shop Kevin was looking at the latest pistols. He wondered where the captain could be for he was running late. He could feel something stirring in the air, he knew it had to involve Diana and he wasn’t sure if it was good or bad. He sighed with relief when he saw Howard walking towards him flirting with the women who passed him by. It seemed that the captain was back to his old self but only time could tell.

“Ahhhhh Kevin, here have you met Ninnete?”  Howard said as he presented a woman with long golden hair in curls, the bluest eyes bluer than the sea, fair skin and a dress that accented her curves and more.

“ma’am” Kevin said as he bowed and kissed her hand.            

Kevin and Howard spent the rest of their time talking to the ladies and looking at the artilleries for their ship. Even though Howard tried to turn cold against Diana he couldn’t help but wonder if she was alright. Back at the house Diana had finished cleaning the floors and was doing the captains laundry when she heard someone whisper her name. She turned her brown eyes towards the bushes to see Alexander hiding in them. Diana looked around for Nicholas making sure he wasn’t in sight as she made her way to the bushes.  She brushed the few strands of brown hair behind her ear and she looked at him her eyes full of worry.

“What is it my dear? Is everything alright?” he asked.  

“Oh Alexander, last night after I went inside he was drunk and well, let’s say he wasn’t himself, I’m locked away as a prisoner here doing chores, though I did not expect him to be like this” she said as she tried to fight back the tears that were threatening to come out.  

Alexander frowned and cursed inwardly he needed Howard to care for her for his plan to work. He gently caressed her cheek and pulled her in for a hug as she sobbed into his chest.  He gently stroked her hair and made shushing noises. He began to think in his head as she cried on his chest.

“Even though he is my enemy I need to make him come out with his true feelings so I can smash them to bits” he thought           

Diana began to calm down and looked up at Alexander. She was thankful that they had met and hoped that he would help her in her time of need. She took his arm and walked towards a nearby tree to sit down.  

“Alexander I have decided to just ignore him and let him be, maybe he’ll come around. I should let destiny work its magic” she said.

“That you are right sweet, he needs time to cool off and think” Alex said “Why don’t you tell me about that bodice you are wearing the patterns look very familiar to me”

“Well I saw this pattern on a man in my dreams; it was before I was kidnapped. I was walking along the shores of a beautiful beach and this man appeared. He held me in his arms and kissed me but his face was never shown. The only thing I was able to remember was this marking he had on his right wrist” She said softly as she trailed one of the patterns with her finger tips.

Diana turned her head as she heard Nicholas calling her name. Looking at Alexander she gently nudged him towards the bushes. Alexander hid and watched as Diana walked towards Nicholas.

“Are you all right Diana?” He asked worried for hi new friend and sister.

“Yes, yes I’m just feeling a bit sad. I miss my home terribly and I just wish I could get out of here” She said softly as she walked back to the Large Basin Full of laundry she had to finish.            

Nicholas watched as she worked sadly on her chores and walked towards her. Running his fingers through his short hair he rolled up his sleeves and helped Diana with the Captains Laundry. Diana Smiled at him and continued to wash the laundry. Once they had finished Nicholas and Diana began to prepare lunch for each other, since Howard had not returned they figured they would prepare dinner for him to eat alone as they ate in the cellar.            

 Kevin and Howard sat at the local pub with women surrounding them. Howard laughed as Kevin told an old pirates joke. Howard abruptly stopped laughing when he saw Captain Alexander walk into the pub with his men. He growled in anger as Alexander walked right towards him.  Howard and Kevin both stood up making the women laugh. Alexander walked towards them his eyes looking right at Howard. With four large steps them men where toe to toe, the pub grew silent looking at them.

“I see you are doing well with a table full of women, you always were a womanizer” Alexander said and laughed.

“Well I see you had a wonderful time with my captive last night but it be your last” Howard said and sneered at Alexander.

“Oh I don’t think so Howard. You act as though you love this girl but we both know what she is good for, warming a bed” Alexander said and smiled at Howard.           

 At that moment Howard punched Alexander right at the raw sending Alexander flying back towards his men who caught him. Growling he unsheathed his sword and stood in front of Howard who did the same. Both men circled around each other, their eyes meeting in a glare. Kevin kept an eye on Captain Alexander’s men making sure they wouldn’t interfere as Howard made the first Parry. Their swords clanged and crashed as they moved up on tables and around the pub, the onlookers dodging the swords letting the captains fight out on their own. It was a fierce battle and it ended as soon as Howard sliced a cut on Alexander’s cheek but not before Alexander cut Howard on his right shoulder. Both men pulled back holding their wounds.

“We are evenly matched, but I warn you Howard, you don’t know what you have awaiting you at your house, that woman will only last so long being a captive” Alexander said and turned towards the door signaling his men to follow.            

 Kevin rushed to Howard’s side and helped him up. He could tell by the look on the captain’s face that he was thinking about Alexander’s words.

“Come Captain we should head home” Kevin said as they walked out of the pub and straight to Howards home.            

Diana and Nicholas finished the laundry and were now busying themselves with cooking dinner and cleaning the floors. Diana decided she would take the time to clean the floors while Nicholas cooked the captain’s meal. Diana whipped the sweat off her brow as she scrubbed the wood floor, making sure that it was spotless. She heard the footsteps coming up the path way but continued her work. As the door opened she could see Howard walking through the door with Kevin behind him. Howard looked behind him to see the muddy trail on the floor and cursed himself for not being more careful.

“Leave it” He told Diana as he rushed off to his rook with Kevin following behind him to care for the wound.            

Diana ignored him and went to washing the floor once again. It had taken her almost all day to clean it, and she would make sure she would keep it clean no matter what the captain said. Howard heard the faint scrubbing from his room as Kevin prepared to sew his wound shut. He took a drink of rum to numb the pain and bit down on a piece of leather to keep from screaming. Kevin took a deep breath as he pressed the hot needle through Howard’s skin closing the wound. One they were done Howard put on a clean shirt and made sure not to show pain as he got dressed. Opening the door to his room he motioned for Kevin to help in the kitchen as he carefully made his way towards Diana who was scrubbing the floors.

“I told you to leave it” He said angrily as he pulled her up by her arm.           

Diana looked into his angry eyes. She felt her body shiver in fear. All she wanted to do was keep the house clean so that he would be happy and leave her alone. Apparently that was not the point. Howard could tell she feared him and cursed himself for doing it. They both stood in silence. Their eye’s gazing at each other intensely. It wasn’t until that moment that Howard noticed the crescent moon patterns decorating her bodice.

“Where did you see this Pattern?” He asked, his tone still that of an angry and ruthless pirate.           

 Diana avoided his gaze and broke free from his grasp as she continued her work on scrubbing the floors. Howard groaned in frustration and pulled her up once again and slammed her against the wall his hand now holding her chin. She looked at him through the strands of her hair that had fallen over her face. Their breaths mixed together as they stood gazing into each other’s eyes. Howard waited patiently for her to tell him about the pattern on her bodice. When she stayed quiet he grew impatient.

“ANSWER ME! WHERE DID YOU SEE THAT PATTERN ON YOUR BODICE?” He yelled making her jump.           

Diana felt the tears threaten to fall from her eyes. She fought with herself of telling him, but she was also curious as to why he was concerned about the crescent moon patterned bodice. She took her gaze away from his for a second and noticed Kevin and Nicholas watching the scene. She looked back to Howard and took a small breath.

“I saw it in a dream” she said in a whisper and pushed him away from her.           

 Howard watched as she stormed off and disappeared into the kitchen. He could feel the eyes of Kevin and Nicholas looking at him. He ignored it and turned to his room to think.

“Call me when supper is ready” He said simply as he slammed the door behind him.            

Kevin and Nicholas looked to one another and walked back into the kitchen. Diana was busying herself with making sure supper did not burn. She ignored the looks as she walked out towards the back door to watch the sunset. Something inside her began to call out she could feel the seguria rhythm and began to sing a familiar song.

 Respira.. positivate y riete de tí toa la vida
Renace.. quien dijo que era fácil la partida
Tú eliges... juégala!

Descansa.. Carretera y manta
Tranquilita niña y no pierdas la calma
que tó llega, tó llega, tó llega...
Solo tarda lo que tiene que tardar
Respira! Coge aire!
Respira!!

El viento sopla, casi cada día, algún ratillo,
casi como todos los dias, pero nunca igual
Resuelve el pulso!
Déjate llevar! Déjate llevar!
Para los tic-taques y la cuenta atrás
¡Coge aire!

Así no hay manera, suelta te
Tira la moneda, tú tienes madera
Conserva tu eje, no pierdas el este
Con el que arremete, nuestro soniquete
No es ningún discurso, resiste al impulso
No pierdas el pulso, esto es un abuso.

Ven p'acá morena y abandona penas
No pierdas la calma, falta mucha tela.
Respira. Coge aire ¡¡¡ Respira !!!

La vida es breve y dos veces bella
tres veces dura y cuatro te revienta
cinco veces te adormece y otras de desvela
una te equivocas y otra aciertas
una entiendes y otra no entiendes una mierda
y otra dan las seis y media
la rueda sigue... ¡vaya dilema! ummmmm

Playas mojadas, bajan la guardia
en mi cabeza
y la espuma de tu cuerpo que embelesa y que dá ganas
así despacito reconozco libertad
Yo que más quiero:
te escribo mis canciones, descansan mis visiones
le canto a la alegria, que se vayan desdichas y desamores
por un instante...sin dan las siete...¡que más da!

Así no hay manera, suelta te
Tira la moneda, tú tienes madera
Conserva tu eje, no pierdas el este
Con el que arremete, nuestro soniquete
No es ningún discurso, resiste al impulso
No pierdas el pulso, esto es un abuso.

Ven p'acá morena y abandona penas
No pierdas la calma, falta mucha tela.
Respira. Coge aire ¡¡¡ Respira !!!           

Dianna got on her knees as she finished the song and began to cry sobbing uncontrollably.

Chapter 15 by Howies Girl

Chapter 15           

 

Howard listened to Diana’s song from the window and closed his eyes. He absent mindedly placed his fingers on the tattoo on his right wrist. He found himself gazing at it his wrist, His mind wandering to his past. He slowly walked to the window and felt his heart ache as he watched Diana crying. It was hard but he was torn, he didn’t know what to do or how to be himself anymore. Ever since his wife was murdered he felt empty. He still remembered meeting her for the first time.

~*~*~* Flashback*~*~*~*~          

  Howard was back in Spain from 3 years at sea since he was taken in by Captain Espinosa. He knew where he would find the gypsies and made his way towards the forest up towards the caves. He was wearing a pair of black slacks with black boots, a white puffy shirt with a black open vest. He had a red sash wrapped around his waist and his hair was held back by a red handkerchief tied around his head. He found a small stream and took a rest and a drink of water. Closing his eyes he listened to the sound of the forest but noticed someone singing in the distance. It was a rhythm he would never forget.  There in the distance a young woman about 18 years of age sat by the stream washing laundry and singing a very soft Nana.

Cuentan caminos y valles
Cantando
cuentan caminos y valles...
Tomillo y
flor de azahar....

Traviesa la luz de la aurora
En
busca de realidad transparente...
...y de blanco azahar...
y blanca espuma de mar que adivina...
...la soleá...

Nainananá y Nainananá

Corrientes de agua fluyendo
laas diosas susurran en sueños...
hechizo de ocaso, profundo
esqueleto...
Duerme!!!!

Nana nanita nana
Nana nanita
duerme            

 Howard was mesmerized by her voice her long black hair shining in the sun. He skin tan from working in the sun. He loved the way her white skirt blew in the wind; her top consisted of a blue blouse and a bodice in a light shade of fuchsia. He slowly made his way towards her and stood at a small distance from her. Taking a deep breath he cleared his throat and spoke.

“Permiso señorita, I did not mean to frighten you” He said and raised his hands to show he had no weapons.

“What are you doing here señor?”  She asked as she collected her laundry and placed it in the basket to take back to the camp.

“My name is Howard I am a gypsy” He said and raised his sleeve to show her his tattoo.

“Well then please let me take you to the Kumpaña” she said. “My name is Esmeralda” she called to him as she lead him the way to her home.            

Howard smiled and felt his heart skip a beat. This woman has put him under a spell and has stolen his heart. They walked through the forest up a path way leading to the mouth of a cave. Howard could smell the aroma of a goat being roasted on a spit. He Smiled and felt at home with these people. He shook hands with elders and was presented to the women elders and young ones. He smiled as they welcomed him home. At night fall the festivities began and Howard was happy to be back singing and dancing with his people. He blushed when Esmeralda asked him to dance sevillanas with him.  He found himself mesmerized by this woman’s beauty and grace as she danced with him, his heart pounding in his chest at how beautiful her deep brown eyes shone in the light of the camp fire.            

The next day Howard awoke to the smell of breakfast being cooked and the hustle and bustle of the people and their chores. Getting dressed he walked out of the tenet and began helping anyway he could.            

Howard stayed with the Kumpaña for 3 years. He got to know and love Esmeralda and they both grew very fond of each other. It was a starry night and Howard had asked Esmeralda to the stream where they first met. He smiled at the way her white dress decorated in a floral patter flowed around her body and blue sash wrapped around her waist. Esmeralda blushed when she caught him staring at her. She loved how his long curls fell softly over his face, his beard was so manly. Howard took Esmeraldas hand in his and pulled her close to him. He turned to face her and gazed into her eyes. He gently raised his hand to her face and caressed her cheek gently with his thumb. Esmeralda felt lost in Howards deep Chocolate brown eyes. Howards took a deep breath and blushed.

 “Esmeralda I know this is not the way we do this but I have changed from the gypsy ways” He said and held both her hands in his.

“Howard is everything alright?” She asked concerned.

“I asked your father permission before I decided to take you here tonight and I wanted to look at you with the moons light, Esmeralda, will you marry me?” Howard said.  

~*~*~*~*~*~EndFlashback~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~           

He sighed at the memory of that day. He felt his heart ache for Esmeralda to be back in his arms, but alas she was six feet under. He turned away from the window to see Kevin standing at the door way.

“Captain, is everything alright?” he asked

“I don’t know what is going on my friend, I feel torn in two” Howard said as he sat on the foot of the bed his head hung low.

 “Howard if I may be honest with you……I feel that you should let the girl go. You are holding on to Esmeralda through her and it is only making you feel worse” Kevin said as he looked at the painting of Esmeralda Howard had made.

“I should just let her be” Howard said as he walked out the door.           

 Kevin watched as Howard walked out of the room and followed closely behind. He looked to Nicholas and smiled.

 “Take a break from that lad, I’ll handle the Captains dinner you go and meet with Rachel, I hear that Ms. Crawford has been asking about you” Kevin said and patted nicks back.

“Thank you sir” Nicholas said as he scrambled to fix his hair and ran out the door.

“Ahh young love” He said to himself as he made sure the fire stayed hot.            

 Diana continued to look out into the horizon as the stars began to come out. Her eyes had run out of tears to shed as she thought of how her life would turn out now. She felt the wind caress her face and found she was thinking of Howard when he was soft and gentle. Howard cleared his throat making her jump. He kept his distance as she stood and felt his breath caught in his throat as he found her beautiful under the moon light. Diana could feel her heart jump as she saw Howard before his chest bare his muscles defined. She gasped inwardly at the scars and burns she saw, surly from battles and wars.

“I will get back to work captain” She said breaking the silence as she avoided his gaze and headed towards the house.

“Please wait” He said and took her hand as she passed.            

Diana looked up at the captain and noticed the change in his eyes, no longer where they dark and full of pain but, gentle and full of sadness. She stood in place her eyes gazing into his waiting for him to speak again.

 “I want to apologize, I have had a lot going on inside of me and I should not have brought it out upon you” He whispered softly.

“It is alright Captain, now if you would excuse me I have chores I need to finish” she said softly and tried to walk away only to be stopped by Howards gentle hand again.

“Diana, you are free to come and go as you please, I am setting you free” He said and let go of her hands.            

Diana starred at him as he walked off to the tree overlooking the cliff. She was shocked at what he had said. It was the last thing she expected from him after everything he did. She walked into the house to find Kevin giving her a soft smile.

“I take it the captain has apologized for his rude behavior” Kevin said as he served her a plate of food.            

Diana could only nod as she ate quietly, her mind deep in thought. She looked back to see Howard leaning against the tree, she could tell he was looking off into the horizon. His hair flowing in the wind and she longed to run her fingers through it but shook her head of the thought.  Finishing her meal she walked back to the entrance hall to finish her chore of cleaning the floor. Kevin watched as she did what she was told not to do and smiled inwardly, he could tell she was feeling something for Howard and he only hoped that this would help him through his pain.            

Meanwhile Nicholas reached the home of Ms. Rachel Crawford, who he had been shyly talking to for a long time. He smiled when she answered the door. Her short hair was in curls around her face and her dark blue eyes sparkling in the lamp light. He gasped at the dress she was wearing. A long green and gold ruffle skirt with a matching corset that made her curves just right. He blushed at the thought of holding her in his arms and cleared his throat.

“Evening Ms. Crawford” He said shyly.

“Oh Nicholas, Please call me Rachel there is no need for pleasantries” She said and smiled.

“Yes of course Rachel, I was wondering if you’d like to talk a walk out under the stars with me tonight.” He said shyly.

“I’ll grab my shawl” She said and blushed.            

Nicholas felt his heart soar as she returned and linked her arm with his as they walked down the empty market street under the moon lit night the stars glistening brightly. He couldn’t help but talk about his adventures at sea and how he wondered if his father was as brave as Captain Howard.

“Oh Rachel you have to meet my new friend” He said excitedly.

“You need to tell me all about your friend” She said and smiled.

“Now don’t take offence because she is a woman but, The Captain is very smitten with her, and she is like a sister to me” He explained.

“Nicholas, you are the kindest person I have met her in Tortuga, and any friend of yours is a friend of mine” She said.

“I was wondering if you could well, help her adjust to life here on Tortuga, you see she is from a gypsy village in Spain and well…… I would like her to have you as a friend and maybe help me get her and the Captain…well……I guess you can say help me push them in the right direction with the help of Mr. Kevin of course” He rambled making Rachel laugh

.“Nicholas for you I’d do anything as long as it made you happy” She said and without another though kissed him gently on the lips.            

Nicholas stood in awe as the realization that she had kissed him kicked in. Taking a deep breath he looked in to her eyes. His blue eyes looked into hers as he took her hand and gently pulled her toward him and held her face softly in his hand, his thumb  caressing her cheek gently as he gave her a long sweet passionate kiss.

This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9090