DISGUISE by Lalaine30
Summary: Gabriella Lawson's life is in danger. Now she's on the run and had to hide. But she met the one person that could put her in front of the spotlight for everyone to see... for her enemies to find.
Categories: Fanfiction > Music > NSYNC Characters: Group, Justin
Genres: Action, Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance, Suspense
Warnings: Death, Sexual Content, Violence
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 11 Completed: No Word count: 29719 Read: 20410 Published: 11/04/08 Updated: 12/05/09
Story Notes:
This story is fiction. Every situation, name and places used in this story is either fabricated or borrowed.

1. Prologue: Welcome to Florida by Lalaine30

2. Chapter 1: Re-instated by Lalaine30

3. Chapter 2: Making friends by Lalaine30

4. Chapter 3: One on one by Lalaine30

5. Chapter 4: Cook out by Lalaine30

6. Chapter 5: More by Lalaine30

7. Chapter 6: Repurcussion by Lalaine30

8. Chapter 7: Fun for a change by Lalaine30

9. Chapter 8: Almost... by Lalaine30

10. Chapter 9: New York by Lalaine30

11. Chapter 10: Meatballs and a little revelation by Lalaine30

Prologue: Welcome to Florida by Lalaine30
Author's Notes:
Reviews are well appreciated.

Prologue

“Flight 1030 to Tampa Florida is now boarding in Gate 10. Please proceed to the boarding Gate with your pass and make sure that you have all your belongings with you. Thank you” the woman in the speaker said loudly.

Here we go Gabby thought when she heard the announcement of her boarding. She checked all her belongings and made sure that she didn’t forget anything behind. New life in a new country, this should be fun she rolled her eyes when she thought that. If she’s going to describe her life fun is not the word that she’s going to use. She’ll use interesting or fast paced but certainly not fun. No, if she’ll be honest in describing her life, there’s only one word that come to mind… dangerous. That’s also the reason why she had to move- no not move­- hide, why she had to hide in Florida. That’s why she had to change her hair colour and why she can’t contact her family in Italy.

 -------------

Justin Timberlake is tired. He has been away from home for far too long. All he wanted to do now is go home and disappear from the media for the duration of his vacation. He has at least three months before he has to start recording his new album. Now hearing his boarding call, he quickly gathered all his belongings and made his way to gate 10. He likes taking the late flight, even though it’s not the red eye, but it’s late enough to avoid the airport rush hour where there’s a lot of people that could recognise him.

He made his way towards his first class seat after boarding the plane. But he was shock to see that beside his seat sat a girl looking through the plane magazine that they put behind your seat. Normally at this time first class is fairly empty and he always have the seat next to him empty, not tonight though. He sat beside her and he half expected that she’s going to recognize him and start making a scene but she didn’t even looked up when he sat beside her. Interesting.

Gabby was getting anxious. The plane is taking too long to take off; she keeps on waiting for something bad to happen. She was nervous when someone sat beside her but through the corner of her eye she found out that there’s nothing to be nervous about. She looked closely to the guy sitting beside her and she recognised him as none other than Justin Timberlake. She should be happy that she’s sitting next to a superstar but she just looks at him and relax in her sit to wait for the plane to take off.

She slept through the whole flight which is good for Justin since he’s tired and doesn’t really wanna talk to anyone. When the food came, he deliberated whether to wake her up or let her sleep but since he doesn’t know her he chose the latter. She didn’t wake up until 20 minutes before their landing. She heard the captain announcing Florida’s weather and the current time before wishing everyone good evening.

Justin saw the girl beside him finally waking up. “You missed dinner” he told her when she sat up straight in her chair.

“That’s ok, I don’t like plane food anyway” she stretched a little to get all the kinks out of her body for sleeping side ways. She looked out of the window and saw some of the buildings and houses on the ground with their lights on. “So this is Florida”

“This is your first time in Florida?” he asked when he heard what she just said.

“Yea”

“What made you move here?” he asked curiously.

“Work, new life, you know” she shrugged not really answering his questions.

“So where are you from?”

“London but born in Italy” Justin heard her accent this time and he doesn’t know why he didn’t recognised it in the first place.

“Yea now I hear the accent” he laughed. “So where are you going to leave here?”

“I just bought a house in Parker road near Apollo beach. It’s a three bedroom house but I’m only one person so it’s okay for me”

“Wow, really? I leave a block from that road. We’re practically neighbours” he smiled at her.

“Great”

“Don’t sound so happy about it or anything” he rolled his eyes at her.

“I’m kidding” she laughed

“This is your captain speaking; we are now approaching Tampa International airport please put your sit up in to their upright position and make sure that you have all your belongings with you before leaving the plane. Thank you for flying American airlines”

The airport was a little quieter around this time of the night which is good for Justin. “Do you want a lift?” he asked her before they started walking towards the baggage claim.

“I was going to rent a car but if that’s not a trouble, I would gladly appreciate it” she accepted graciously. “But do you have your car here? I thought you just arrived”

“No JC is picking me up” they got their bag and Justin took a trolley from the side to put their luggage in. He then led her to the waiting area and tried to spot JC from the people waiting just outside the baggage claim.

Justin spotted him leaning by the row of chairs on the left side. He approached him pushing the trolley full of luggage and when JC saw him coming towards him he met them half way. They did their manly hug and JC took some of the luggage from the trolley. Before they made their way to the parking lot, JC saw the girl standing behind Justin looking around her. Noticing JC’s confused look Justin grab her attention and introduced her to JC.  But before he could do it, he remembered that he still doesn’t know her name. Fortunately, she took the initiative and introduced herself.

“Hi I’m Gabby” she extended her hand so that JC could shake it.

“I’m JC” he shook her hand and looked at Justin for explanation.

“I met her in the plane. She just move here in Florida from London and she leaves a block away from me”

“Cool, nice meeting you Gabby, the car is this way” he led them to the parking lot where the car is parked. When they reached the car they saw Chris talking on his phone. When he saw them he hung up and walk towards them.

Instead of greeting Justin, he went straight to Gabby with a big smile on his face. “Who might you be?” he extended his hand to her so she could shake it.

“I’m Gabby” she shook his hand and laugh at Justin’s face when Chris just walked past him without so much as hello. They all went inside the car when the entire luggages are in the trunk.

As soon as they got inside, Gabby’s phone rings from her bag. She started searching for it at the same time she’s going through her mind on who’s supposed to be calling her. When she found it, the caller withheld their number and that made her nervous but she had to know who it is.

“Hello?” she answered shakily.

“Lei pensa che si potrebbe nascondere da me? (Do you think you could hide from me?)” the caller on the other line said.

“Chi è questo? (Who is this?)” She asked quietly, careful that the other passenger of the car can’t hear her.

“È possibile nascondere mai da me, si ricordi che. (You can never hide from me, remeber that)” the caller threatened.

“Sono stanco di nascondersi in modo tutto ciò che posso dire è che mettono in. (I'm tired of hiding so all I can say is bring it on) she finally said to the caller and then hung up.

“Who was that?” Justin asked when he saw that she’s finished talking on the phone.

“Uhm just my landlord from my old apartment” she lied. She knows she can’t tell them the truth because first she doesn’t know them that well and second she might get them in danger. One thing she knows, this is the last. She’s never gonna run again, if they find her here this time she’ll be ready. I’m getting my life back.

“What’s your house number?” JC asked when they reached the village.

“530, the one with a brown gate” she was also looking around to spot her house from the car window.  It was Chris who saw the house and he got everyone’s attention by jumping up and down his sit and screaming like a loon. JC stopped just in front of her house and they helped her took her luggage out of the trunk and placed it in front of her gate.

“Thank you so much for bringing me home. I’d invite you in but I still don’t have furniture or cutlery” she joked making the guy smile.

“It’s okay; we’re tired anyway maybe next time. But here’s my number you can call me anytime” Justin wrote his number on the paper that he found in his pocket together with his address. JC and Chris also wrote their number on the paper before giving it to Gabby.

She in return gave her landline number to the guys and thanked them again for helping her. Before the guys drove off, Chris called to her from the car.

“When are you free? We’ll show you Florida” he shouted at her.

“Call me tomorrow; I’d have to check my schedule. I still have to decorate my house” she called back. She finally went inside after the guys drove off.

She entered the house with her luggage in her hand. The first thing she saw when she came in is the mahogany staircase that leads to the second floor of the house. On her left side is the big living room which is bare at the moment and on her right is the wall that separates the foyer and the kitchen. Beside the staircase is the door that opens towards the den which she will turn to an entertainment room complete with a big screen TV, DVD player, Playstation and X-box.

She locked the door and set up the alarm before continuing up the stairs. There are three bedrooms upstairs; the biggest room is of course the master’s bedroom. She already bought a queen size white poster bed that she put in the middle of the room so that she has a place to sleep in. Then she’ll make the smallest room in to a library/office to put her computer and books. She has a lot of plan for this house and she’s excited for everything but for now it’s time for bed.

Chapter 1: Re-instated by Lalaine30

Chapter 1: Re-instated

The next morning, she woke up with her alarm clock blaring from the table beside her bed. She was so comfortable from her bed that it took her at least half an hour before she finally got up and get ready. She took a shower instead of taking a bath. She liked her bathroom its black and white with a big oval tub and the shower on the side.

After getting ready, she called a cab to bring her to the nearest car dealership so she could buy her own car. The cab brought her to a car dealership a few blocks away from her house and now she has to decide whether to buy a hot convertible or a practical SUV. In the end she chose a Mercedes M-series SUV in a silver colour. She bought the car right on the spot. After buying the car, she went straight to the mall to have breakfast then to go on shopping. But first she needs to buy a new cell phone; it’s time to get rid of her old one.

The mall was quite big. But she found the food court a few minutes after she entered the mall. While eating, she started playing with her new phone. She should really read the manual but she’s never the one to read the manuals of any devices that she bought. She’s more on the trial and error side. When she was confident with her knowledge of the features of her phone, she programmed the guys’ number and called Justin to give him her new number.

He should be awake by now. She thought after she checked her watch for the time and then dialled his number.

“’lo” Justin answered after three rings.

“Hey it’s Gabby, did I wake you up?” she asked him uncertainly.

“No, I’ve been awake for half an hour” he assured her while getting some bowl to put his cereal in.

“Okay, I just bought my new phone so I thought I’d give you a call so you could save the number afterwards”

“Cool I’ll do that after I talk to you. Where are you anyway? It sounds so noisy” he heard a kid crying from the background and some teenagers laughing as well.

“I’m in the mall, I figured I shouldn’t put off shopping for my furniture and stuff for the house” she laughed.

“I could meet you and help you if you want. I don’t have anything today anyway, I’m just gonna get bored if I stay here the whole day”

“Are you sure? I would gladly accept your help because I don’t know the good stores to go to and I need other people’s opinion as well but if you’re busy that’s okay”

“Nah, I’m not busy. I’ll meet you in half an hour?” he asked for confirmation

“Yes thank you, I’ll wait for you in the food court” after talking to Justin, she started eating her food but she’s not in any hurry since she’ll be waiting in the food court for Justin.

She took her time to look around. The mall is quite busy already with teenagers and toddlers in their strollers pushed by their mother or father considering that it’s only half 10 in the morning. Looking in to the table in front of her sat a family of 5, the parents and their kids. Seeing them eating as a family at this time of the day makes her think of her own family that she had to leave. They’re not my real family. But even though that’s the case I still miss them now.

She just started learning to leave with her family in her life and this happen. She left them with just a letter saying that if she stays with them, they’ll be in danger but if she’s given any chance she’ll contact them and let them know that she’s okay. She’ll make sure that she will find that chance.

She finished eating her food with her thoughts flying away at the same time. Five minutes after she finished her food Justin arrived wearing a black shirt and jeans with his pony hat on pulled low to his face. They received some raised eyebrow look from the other people in the food court when Justin hugged her for a greeting. But they just shrugged it off and Justin they started their shopping.

In the couch store, Gabby couldn’t decide whether to get a black leather couch or a white leather couch. But in the end Justin pointed out that if she has the white one, her guest would have to be extra careful when they sat on it so she finally bought the black one since she’s also clumsy and spill drinks almost all the time. They bought everything that she needed for her living room. Their next stop is buying stuff for her bathrooms. They went in to a store where she could buy everything in there at one go. Gabby was picking up some rugs for the bathroom when she noticed the other staff snickering behind the counter. Confused, she started looking around and that’s when she saw him. Justin was standing on the far side of the store with a peculiar, confused and intent look on his face trying to find out how to work the odd looking toilet in front of him. The next thing that happened, she couldn’t help it. She started laughing so loud and got his attention and the other staff couldn’t hold it any longer so they also laughed with her. Justin shyly retreated from where he is to her side not looking at anyone in the eye.

“That was so embarrassing” he told her when he reached her side.

“I’m so sorry for laughing but that was funny” she giggled.

“Yea, yea. I’m so glad I amused you”

“Come on I’m done here. Not unless you want to buy the toilet” she gestured towards the toilet he was looking earlier.

He just rolled her eyes at her smiling at the same time. They proceeded to the counter and paid for the stuff they bought. Afterwards they decided to put some of the items in the car before they could go to lunch. When they reached the car park they find out that they’re both parked side by side without even realising it. Approaching their vehicle, Justin gave a low whistle when he saw her car.

“Did you rent that?” he asked looking the car over.

“No, I bought it this morning. I was actually second guessing myself on whether to buy my dream car which is this or be piratical and buy an SUV. As you can see I chose to be practical.”

He laughed at the sheepish smile that he was giving her. They started putting the items away when they both heard a car screeching near them. Without thinking, Gabby took a crouch position pulling Justin with her. She was about to reach in to her ankle for her weapon but the car sped away before she could pull it out. Good thing too because it wouldn’t do her any good if Justin saw it. The car disappeared in the corner and she gave sigh of relief. Justin on the other hand is giving her an odd look.

She saw this and she gave a light laugh covering her nervousness. “Sorry, reflex. I watched too much action movie” she lied. She was thankful though when Justin seem to accept her reason. They decided to have lunch in a Chinese restaurant inside the mall. They didn’t go to the food court since the mall is now crowded with people especially teenagers which is not good for Justin. They were waiting for their food when she decided to make a call on her phone. When someone answered on the other line she didn’t waste any time and give out a bunch of numbers and then hung up.

“What was that?” he asked.

“Oh I was activating a voicemail service”

“So how do you like Florida so far?”

“I don’t know, I haven’t really been out except for today but the weather’s good” she laughed.

“What about your family? Are they moving here?” he asked nonchalantly but he didn’t fail to notice the sadness that crossed her eyes.

“No they’re in Italy. They have a good life there so they’re not moving anywhere anytime soon” she didn’t volunteer any other information hoping that he’ll get the hint and drop the subject of her family but unfortunately he didn’t get it.

“Do you have a brother?” he continued.

“No, not anymore” she was getting upset over their conversation and it looks like he’s not gonna stop asking until he found out everything about her. “Can we please talk about something else? I don’t like talking about my family” she finally said. She figured she might as well be direct towards him.

Justin could see that she’s getting uncomfortable so he nodded to answer her request. But before he could start a new topic, the waiter brought their food over and when he left, she started a new topic to talk about.

“So are you on vacation or what?”

“Yea, thank god. I’m so tired I need it or else I might just drop dead” he answered with a laugh.

“I know what you mean. Even though you love what you do because it’s a dream come true, you still gotta rest once in a while”

“Exactly! I have three months to unwind. What do you wanna see in Florida?” he asked her out of nowhere.

“Oh, don’t mind me. Don’t waste your holiday on me”

“If it’s fun, it won’t be wasted trust me” he assured her.

“Ok in that case, can you please show me Disney world? It’s been my dream to go there since I was a kid and watching Mickey Mouse on television” she admitted shyly.

“You got it. But first we gotta introduce you to people so that you could have new friends here. Now you’ve met Chris and JC so you will meet the rest. I’m having a cook out the day after tomorrow with my friends coming. Do you wanna go?”

“Sure, thank you. Do you want me to come early and help you out? I mean I could cook something” she offered.

“Okay that would be great”

They took their time eating their lunch at the same time continuing with their light conversation. They went to a technology store afterwards. Justin noticed Gabby’s expression and laughed a little from her eagerness like a kid in Toys ‘R Us’ store. She went straight to the entertainment centre of the shop where the television and other technologies with Justin following behind.

“What do you need to buy here?” Justin was looking around the equipment displayed when he asked her.

“Everything”

“EVRYTHING?” he ask astonished.

“What? I just moved in you know. Besides, I’d rather buy it now than later. Now help me choose which one is good” she motioned for him to follow her. She bought a Samsung 72 inch screen television, a DVD player and some DVD movies. Then they went to the part of the store where Justin loved… the gaming part. She was thinking if she should buy an x-box or a play station 3 but then Justin told her that both of them are completely different so she bought both of them and a few games such as Tomb raider and Tekken. Of course Justin bought a lot more games than her, and to think that he told her that she’s buying a lot.

He was still looking at different games when she wandered to the computer section of the shop. She was deciding what colour to get for her laptop when Justin walked over to her.

“Excuse me” she called over to the staff. “Hi I was wondering if someone could show me the internal of this computer”

“Yes ma’am, I’ll get someone right over” the store clerk said before leaving her alone by the computer she was eyeing. Justin came over to her side wondering what she’s doing.

“I didn’t know you could ask them that” he said looking at the computer as well.

“In buying a computer, you have to be really careful. You could either ask someone who knows a computer to come with you to check what you’re buying or search it in the internet for the specific specification” she shrugged.

“How do you know all this stuff?” he was amazed to say the least with the knowledge she have.

“I have a degree in Computing. I had to learn all this stuff to graduate” before she could continue more another stare clerk came over and he ask them to follow him in to the far corner of the office where a small office is located so they could open the machine. The clerk opened the lid and showed it to her. Without touching anything she looked over it and she asked some questions where Justin couldn’t understand a single word.

Damn this woman has some brains on her was the only thing he could think while listening to both of them talk.

They both left the shop with a new computer, new laptop, new gaming devices and their games and a lot more.

“Wow! I really went all out today” she was looking at the bags in her hands and thinking of the stuff she bought earlier today. It’s not like money is a problem to her. She have a lot of that and even if she makes shopping spree like this everyday she would never run out, thanks to her grand mother.

“Don’t worry about it, at least it’s not going to waste or-“he was interrupted by the ringing of her phone. She told him to hold on and reached for her phone to answer it although she couldn’t guess who’s calling her in her new phone.

“Hello?”

“I’m assuming this line is secured?” the caller on the line said without saying hello.

“Yes” she’s not lying when she said that and she would get in to trouble if she lied to this specific caller. So in the beginning, she made sure that she set an untraceable phone line when she bought the phone, the number can’t be trace or her location can’t be revealed.

“Before anything else, I just had to ask. Are you sure you want to come back? There are bigger risks if you come back” it took Gabby a full minute to answer that question but she promised herself she’s not gonna run anymore and she’s gonna take her life back. If they find her this time she’ll be ready. “Yes I understand that and my decision is not going to change”

“Very well. You are now officially re-instated. You are to meet with your new partner-“

“With all due respect sir, I don’t want one” she cut off the man on the other line before he could continue.

“I know it would be hard for you to manoeuvre with a partner but it’s a protocol that we have to follow. Don’t worry he knows your situation and he’s good at keeping secret. You’re both going to be based in Florida and everything you need to report save it in a USB drive and give it to your partner but only the ones you do together. Is there any question?”

“Yes uhm, about the thing I asked to you about if I could handle it?” she said hesitantly checking if Justin is paying attention to her when she saw that he’s looking around she continued. “It’s the only thing that keeps me going. Knowing that I’ll be able to do something about it and catch them myself”

“Yes and I can tell you now officially that you could handle the case. I just want to clarify that you’ll be dealing with people who are more evil than the devil himself. And we don’t have any lead so you know that you’ll have your work cut out for you” he stressed making sure that she understand. She’s a good agent and an asset not to mention a good girl. But a girl that has seen the cruelest thing the world could offer and yet she’s still standing trying to do the right thing.

“I understand sir” she heard the man from the other line give a big sigh but she’s not going to change her mind.

“Okay you’ll meet Mr Brendan Lyle on Monday in the Apollo hotel in Florida; you’ll see him by the bar. Your badge is in the system again so you can use it. But you’re a secret agent; emphasis on the word secret, do you understand me?”

"Now if that is all I’ll let you go, contact me if you need anything” he continued without waiting for her answer.

“Thank you sir” she hung up the phone and looked at Justin. He noticed that she’s finished talking on her phone.

“Who was that?” he asked her she seemed secretive about the phone call by the way she talked on the phone quietly so he busied himself by looking around while they walk to the parking lot.

“Oh that was my boss, well used to be my boss anyway. He was just asking about some documents that I left”

“I am beat. I thought I’d never find someone who could shop more than me” he commented with a laugh.

“This is nothing. Anyway, come over to my place and I’ll cook you dinner as thank you for accompanying and helping me today. That is if you don’t have plans later on. That reminds me we need to buy kitchen utensils and cutlery” she saw him looked at her with a shock look on his face and she laughed it off. “Sorry. It’s the last stop I promised. It’s just that it’s going to be hard to cook and eat without equipment not unless you know a way” she teased and he just laughed. They made a detour towards the kitchen to buy some pots, pans, cutlery etc. that she’ll need in her kitchen. By this time, there are other two mall attendants helping them with their purchases. At one point Gabby tripped before they could reach their vehicle which Justin laughed off hysterically before he struggled to help her up.

End Notes:
Please don't forget the reviews.
Chapter 2: Making friends by Lalaine30

Chapter 2: Making friends

They drove separately using their own vehicles to Gabby’s house. Before entering the house, she checked the road noting the kind of cars parked around her house. When he was sure that nothing is out of the ordinary she entered the house with Justin following closely behind her. She put all the stuff in the living room and when she turned around, she saw Justin looking around.

“What do you think?” she finally asked him when he didn’t speak for a few minutes.

“It’s cute, it suits you. How much did you pay for this?”

“About $367,000, it has a pool and the rooms are fairly big and you should see the size of the kitchen and the view through the glass door is awesome” she said giddily then led him in the kitchen.

“Wow! So you like to cook?” he asked her looking around the space.

“Yea, it’s relaxing. Although I get pretty pissed when I cook a food and it doesn’t taste right”

“When did the furniture store say they’ll deliver your stuff?” he asked while gathering the other packages.

She looked at her watch before answering him. “They said around 6:30-7:00 so it’s in about 3hrs time” she started cleaning the counter space of the kitchen and the entire cupboard area of the kitchen.

“What are you doing?” Justin saw her cleaning all the visible spaces.

“Cleaning” she answered like it was the most natural thing in the world. Before she could continue, his phone rang.

“Talk to me” he said on the device. She rolled her eyes on how he answers his phone but left him to it and got back to her cleaning. After 5 minutes he finished his phone call.

“That was Chris, they were looking for me. I hope you don’t mind there’re on their way over. I hope you don’t mind, Joey wants to meet you and I quote ‘Check out the candidate’” she arched an eyebrow at that. “Candidate?” she laughed. “For what?”

“You know girlfriend candidate” he was watching her reaction closely though he couldn’t clearly see her facial expression because she’s currently scrubbing the work top and her back is facing him.

He noted when her shoulder slumped a little and he couldn’t help but feel a little nervousness considering she hasn’t said anything to him about their topic.

“Aren’t you dating uhm what’s her face? Jessica Biel?” instead of commenting anything to what he said she just countered with another question.

“That was finished for over two months now. So I’m waiting for a new candidate” she stopped what she’s doing for a minute when he heard him say those lines.

“And Joey thinks I may be a candidate for you then?” she turned around to face him this time waiting for his answer at the same time watching him closely.

“Joey thinks every girl I meet is a candidate” he laughed.

“You wouldn’t want to be involved with me, Justin” she told him point blank before turning around and continued what she’s doing.

“Why not? Do you have a boyfriend?” he asked her a little perturbed and confused on what she said. Without being arrogant, most of the woman in America or even the world would want to be his girlfriend.

“Everyone has a secret and I can tell you now, I have so much skeleton in my closet I could have my own grave yard. You don’t need that in your life, it’s chaotic enough”

Before he could say anything else she heard her doorbell rang and Justin said that it might be Chris and Joey so he offered to let them in. She gave him the alarm code to the door and reminds him to activate it when they’re all inside. A few minutes later, she heard laughing coming from her front door and a moment later four guys are entering her kitchen. Before Justin could make the introduction, Joey pushed the other guys on the side so she could stand in front of her with a huge grin on his face. “You must be Joey” 

“One and only” he reached for her hand, turn it over and kissed it.

“Okay that is so cheesy” she laughed at his antics. “Sorry guys I haven’t cooked anything but you could stay for dinner if you guys are free tonight… Hi JC, didn’t see you there” she smiled at him to where he was standing. The guys agreed to wait since they don’t have anything to do tonight. She told the guys that the television and the game consoles are still in the car and they offered to bring it in. After telling them where it could go, they proceeded to take it in the house.

She finished cleaning the kitchen and she placed all the new kitchen equipment in their places in the cupboard. She just placed the baking pans in the under cupboard when she realised that she needs to go grocery shopping or else she won’t have anything to cook. She looked at the clock and she saw that it was already nearing half four in the afternoon. She grabbed her purse and her keys off the counter and asked Justin if there’s a nearest grocery store from her house.

“Yea just outside the village about 5 minutes from here” he informed her. “I’ll go with you”

“No, you don’t have to” she declined.

“It’s cool; Chris and Joey are arguing who get’s to play the games that we bought first. Now they’re calling each other names” soon enough she heard Joey called Chris a lunatic old man and then Chris said something back which she couldn’t here properly over JC’s referee. She shook her head and walk towards the den to talk to the guys.

“Hey guys, Justin and I are going to the grocery store for a bit. Is there anything you need?” she looked at the guy one by for answer.

“Condom” Joey said from where he’s looking over some of the games.

“You’re kidding right?” she was shocked to say the least that he could really ask her to buy that for him.

“I run out, I was gonna to the store later but since you’re going now you’ll be saving me the trip” by this time the guys were laughing from her reaction.

She rolled her eyes at him and gave a little laugh herself. “You are such a guy. Anyway, please don’t forget to activate the alarm code if you leave the house or even you’re inside the house.” She and Justin left the house a few moments later with Justin driving her car. She figured it’s the fastest way to reach the store because if she drive- knowing her- they’ll get lost. They reached the store 5 minutes later and bought not only the ingredients that she’s supposed to use to dinner tonight but she also bought stuff to fill her fridge and her cupboard then she bought Joey’s condom before leaving the store. This took time to decide which one to get and she could not believe she just had a ‘condom conversation’ with Justin Timberlake. Then they went back to the house so she could start cooking dinner.

She decided to cook a lemon chicken with mashed potato and salad. As for dessert she chose to make chocolate fudge since she bought vanilla ice cream from the grocery.

The stuff that she bought earlier today arrived just after half past 6. The guys also helped brought the furniture in and while the foods were cooking she arranged it to their right place so she don’t have to do it later on when she’s alone.

When the food is ready, she called the guys for dinner and they piled around the kitchen and she got a lot of compliment for her cooking. They were impress and thankful because it’s been so long for them since they ate a home cooking meal. They sat around the dining table making idle chitchat here and there.

“So Justin told us you wanted to go to Disney World” JC begun.

“Yea it’s been a dream of mine and now that I’m going to be living here, I’d like to do that first to get it off of my system”

“We’ll go with you on Monday if you want” Chris suggested. “But we have to be early if you want to see everything”

“Can we go on Tuesday or the next time you’re free? I have an appointment on Monday and I don’t know what time I’ll finish” she informed them.

“Tuesday is fine” Justin told her with the other guys nodding their heads in agreement.

“Thank you for doing this. You didn’t have to do it but I appreciate it anyway” she told them seriously.

“Aww” Chris wiped an invisible tear from his cheek but then he ruined the effect by choking. The whole table laughed at his antics and Gabby took her time to observe her new friends. I hope I don’t bring them any problem. But although she thought this, she knows that it would be hard to keep them out of harms way.

After dinner Justin helped her clear the table and wash the dishes letting the other three guys hang out in the den. Justin was still thinking about what she said earlier this afternoon and now that they’re alone again he could ask her about it.

“About what you said earlier about not wanting to get involved with you, are you serious about that?” he asked her straight. She stopped what she’s doing and looked at him. She didn’t think that they’d have this conversation again. “Why would you want to be involved with a girl who would be a poison to you?” she couldn’t give him any straight answer so she’s answering his question with another question

“Poison? I don’t think you could be a poison to me or anyone for that matter”

“You’ll change your mind when you find out everything about me. But for now all I can say is it is a bad idea to get involved with me, romantically” Justin didn’t believe her when she told him this. He has only known her for a small amount of time but if he’ll be honest with himself and close his eyes, he could easily see himself falling head over hills in love with this girl. But she seems to be bent on talking him out of it.

“Listen, you’re a wonderful girl. I’ve known you less than 24hrs and I can’t really see anything wrong with you. Don’t let yourself believe that you can be a poison to anyone”

“That’s sweet Justin but that’s just it. You’ve only known me less than 24hrs that’s why you could say those words right now. When the time comes I’ll tell you everything but for now even though I want to tell you everything if I wanted to… I simply can’t. I’m sorry” she told him apologetically.

“Thank you. Anyway, enough with this serious stuff let’s go join the guys” he started walking towards the den with her following behind him. They saw Chris wrestling Joey over the remote.

“Hey don’t make me separate you too” she joked upon entering the room. She sat on the left side of the big built in day bed across television and Justin immediately sat beside her. JC noticed this but didn’t say anything…for now but he made a note on his mind to talk to him about it later on.

The guys said goodbye 2 hrs later and Justin told her that he’d call her tomorrow and if she’s not busy they might do something some time in the afternoon. When they left, she made some plan on where to put her weapon around the house for easy access in case of emergency but at the same time hidden from other people. Afterwards she browses the yellow pages for a person that could do it and made a note to call the guy tomorrow.

Chapter 3: One on one by Lalaine30
Author's Notes:
Don't forget the reviews. Thank you

Chapter 3: One on one

The hidden compartments that she wanted build around the house for her weapon was almost done when she heard her doorbell rang. Wondering who it is, she walked to the small closet just under the stairs and opened it. Inside was a desktop computer with a 17” monitor. The picture currently showing in the screen is divided into four cameras. One in her front yard that shows who’s in her gate, another is in the backyard and the other two are located in opposite end of the road. She made sure that nobody could tell whether there are cameras attached to the pole located at both end of the road. People might think that she’s paranoid if they see this part of her house but she didn’t care because right now she has a reason to be paranoid.

The doorbell rang again and when she looked at the monitor and saw that it was Justin outside her gate. She told him that she’s coming through the intercom attached on the wall near the computer. She closed the door on her way out and made sure that it was locked before she answers the door.

“Hey Justin, come on in” she motioned for him to come through before locking the gate.

“Do you want something to drink?” she asked him while getting a glass of water from the fridge.

“I’ll take a juice please” he sat by the counter and looked at the guy drilling under the middle island of her kitchen. “What is he doing?” he asked her.

“Oh uhm I asked him to build some compartment for utensils” she shrugged. “What’s up Justin?”

“Well the cook out is tomorrow and I thought you would want to go with me to the store to pick up everything that we needed”

“Okay, I’m going to get ready so feel at home” she turned to the guy working on her island before leaving. “Excuse me, how long do you still have before everything is finished?”

The guy looked up at her and stopped what he was doing before he answers. “I’ll be finish within 30 minutes”

“Okay, thank you.” She told Justin she’ll be right back before heading upstairs to get ready. She wore baggy jeans with a red shirt and a baseball cap she figured it’s good enough attire for the grocery store. She grabbed her small bag from the chair beside the body mirror and checked to see her wallet and keys inside together with her badge. She didn’t think she’d need it but just in case. Then she straps her berretta tomcat in her left ankle to conceal it. She made her way downstairs a few moments later where she found Justin in the den watching sponge bob square pants. Before she could say anything, the guy called her to the living room.

“Everything is finished. Do you want me to show you how everything works?” he told her as soon as they were face to face. He then led her to all the parts of the house where he built the compartment explaining how everything works. When they were done she paid the man for his service and let him out of the gate before going back in the den.

“Are you ready to go?” Justin asked her as soon as she entered the den.

“Yea ready if you are” she said by the door. He got up and switched the television off. He started making his way towards her when he tripped from the throw pillow that was left on the floor. Gabby laughed at him while he picked himself up.

“That was smooth” she commented with a little laugh.

They took her car to the store since Justin walked to her house from his. The store wasn’t overly crowded so they bought everything they needed from plastic cups to all the ingredients for the food. Before they could leave the store, Justin noticed a few paparazzi lurking around outside waiting to spot a celebrity that will come out of the grocery store.

“Just to give you a heads up, there are photographers outside” he told her. He’s not sure how she’s going to re act at this part of his life but he’s hoping she wouldn’t run away. She didn’t say anything to him; she just looked outside then took off her cap so that she could untie her hair to cover her face then she placed her cap back on top of her head pulling it lower to cover her face more. Justin didn’t know why but that struck him as odd since she’s not the celebrity but he shrugged it and they left the store. As soon as they stepped outside the photographers scrambled to get their picture.  

“Justin this way” one photographer shouted amongst the throngs of the people that gathered around them.

“Who is she Justin?” another one called out.

“Justin just one picture”

Gabby heard the photographers asking about her and she could see flashes of the camera in front of her so she retreated more behind Justin and lower her head to the point that she can only follow Justin’s feet to know where they’re going. They reach the car a few moments later and they put all the stuff that they bought from the store.

“I’m sorry about that” Justin said when they’re both sitting inside the car. “But I thank you for not running the other way. I know being my friend would be hard at times like this but I hope you’d still want to be mine”

She looked at him before saying anything and as she’s staring at him all she could think about is how easy it is to fall in love with him. But the other thing that followed that thought is that she has to do everything in her power not to fall for him. “Like I said Justin, it’s still too early to set your mind about wanting me in your life”

“I don’t get it. What is it you’re not telling me?” he asked with his brow furrowed at her.

“A lot” was the only thing she answered before he started the car to go back to his house.

“Wow! Is that your house?” she asked astonished at the size of his home. “Damn”

“Oh yea, this is the first time you’ve been to my house. Well welcome to my home” he entered the code to open his gate and parked her car in front of his. They unload the trunk and Justin led her to his kitchen. Along the way, Gabby couldn’t help but look around. The house is big and everything inside it is state of the art and beautiful. His kitchen kind of look like hers only bigger, prettier and it also leads through his pool area.

He started getting everything out of the grocery bag to put it in the fridge. She went to help him with the task but on her way over she bumped in to the counter knocking a bottle of beer over spilling the contents.

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry. I’m clumsy just so you know” she righted the bottle and gets something to wipe the spill. Justin didn’t say anything but laughed. His land line on the counter started ringing near Gabby and Justin is busy arranging the stuff they bought.

“Could you please get that?” he said to her from the fridge. She reached over pick up the phone on its third ring hoping that it’s not his mother.

“Hello, Justin’s phone” she said to the handset.

“Hi, can I speak to Justin please. It’s Jessica” the caller on the other end said.

“Hold on please” she gave Justin the phone telling him who’s on the other end and she saw when his face turned in to confusion as if to say ‘why is she calling me?’ but he took the phone anyway from her.

“I’ll look around” she told him before he could start speaking on the phone. She proceeded to walk around the house living him to his phone call. She saw his pictures with his family and his friends and it showed how happy he is in those pictures. In a way, she kind of envy him and right now all she could think about is how unfair it is that she doesn’t have that in her life. She picked up one particular picture with a gold frame. It shows Justin with his brother and both have a huge grin on their faces and she couldn’t help but remember her own brother.

Justin finished his phone call and also finished putting everything away. He went to find Gabby and he found her looking at one of his picture but what struck him was she was crying while tracing a finger on the photo. This girl is a mystery to him and the more he’s with her, the more he wanted to find out everything about her. So far he sees her as a girl who doesn’t seem to give her trust easily to anyone and a girl who seems to have the weight of the world on her shoulder. He approached her slowly so that he wouldn’t startle her.

“Are you okay?” he asked her when he’s near enough and he doesn’t have to raise his voice.

“Yea, sorry I just remembered something” she wiped her eyes before turning to face him. One thing she hates is people seeing her cry and the guy standing in front of her is no exception.

“So what time do you want me to come over to prepare for tomorrow?” she asked instead.

“Well the guest are gonna be arriving around half one so if we’re cooking something else besides barbecue we have to start early. If you want we could hang out tonight and then you can crash here afterwards” he suggested to her.

“My house is only a block away I don’t need to do that. Besides I don’t wanna impose on anything”

“I’m not doing anything tonight besides we could have that time to get to know each other more” he grinned at her.

“Fine, at least I don’t have to worry about waking up super early to get ready, come over here, and prepare the ingredients and cook. But I need to go home first and get some change of clothes”

“Okay I’ll let you out but I’m gonna have a shower so when you come back all you have to do is enter the code on the gate and I’ll leave the front door open. The code is 3010, just punch it in and the gate will open” he let her out of the gate then came back inside the house to take a shower.

Gabby reached her house within 20 minutes. She checked the new compartments that were built earlier then she went upstairs in her room and took the black suitcase out from underneath her bed. If a person were to see what was inside the case they would immediately classified it as arson. She took all the different guns and ammos inside and she went to the built in compartment one by one and divided the weapon accordingly. She went to take a shower and packed an over night bag with the clothes that she’ll need for tomorrow and her toiletries. On the side lining of her duffle bag, she put extra tomcat ammo just in case she needs it and put her favourite tomcat on her ankle for easy access. She checked all the doors and windows of her house and then activated the house alarm before finally leaving the property.

While walking to Justin’s house since she left her car at his place, she couldn’t help but feel like someone is following her. She casually looks around and behind her while still walking forward. When she didn’t see anyone behind her she continued walking on but still listening to her environment at the same time. She entered the code to Justin’s gate and went inside. She heard him singing upstairs and it looks like he’s in his bedroom so she went to the fridge to get a drink. While getting a drink her phone started ringing from her bag that she put on the couch.

“Hello?” she answered at the same time she saw Justin coming down the stairs. She signalled him for one moment and then got back to her phone call.

“Special agent Lawson this is Special agent Blake I’m here to detail your first assignment”

“Go ahead”

“There’s going to be a trade of high class weaponry between the Onyx group from Chicago and Lobregat group from Italy next week Wednesday, the 20th. Now we know you’ll be meeting with your partner Mr Lyle on Monday for the first time, corret?” he asked her.

“Yes”

“Okay, he’ll be bringing you in the papers with a more specific detail of the mission but what comes down to it is you have to prevent the exchange from happening at all cost. Is there any question? If you can’t speak freely, I understand French” he offered to her hoping she’ll get what he means.

“Qu'est-ce que vous voulez dire, à tout prix? Puis-vous, s'il vous plaît préciser un peu plus? (What do you mean at all cost? Can you please elaborate more?)” She asked. She noticed Justin turned in her direction when she spoke in a foreign language but she just smiled at him and continued her conversation.

“Let’s put it this way agent Lawson, killing everyone that involves in that exchange is okay. You’re working in a Black ops division of the US government now, start thinking that you could do anything to have a successful mission. Do you understand?”

“Oui, Lyle agent a été bref à propos de cette mission? (Yes, has agent Lyle been brief about this mission?) she asked instead.

“He’s on his way now and he’ll be brief when he arrives. Now if you have other questions you could call anytime”

“Thank you” they both hang up the phone when everything has been said. Gabby put her phone on the coffee table then sat down beside Justin on the sofa.

“You speak French?” he asked her as soon as she sat beside him. “That was French right?”

She laughed at his expression when he asked her that. “Yes, that was French”

“Wow you speak two languages. I don’t know whether to be impress or intimidated” he had a thoughtful look on his face when he said this.

“21 actually” she laughed even more when his uncertainty about her changed in to shock after she corrected him.

“21? Are you sure? I mean… 21!”

“It’s not a big deal, I’ve been learning since I was 13 and it builds up through the years. Now I’m learning how to speak Japanese and it’s really fun”

“Why do you need to learn this much language?” he faced her on the couch waiting for her to answer his question.

“It’s required for my work. I handle foreign clients most of the time and I found that it’s an advantage when you understand and speak their language, plus you also get their respect” she explained.

“Wow, I never thought I’d meet someone who could actually speak more than 3 foreign languages. What does your boyfriend think about you being this smart?” he suddenly asks catching her off guard.

“Justin I told you I don’t have a boyfriend”

“And again I ask, why not? You’re a beautiful girl and clearly smart. Why wouldn’t a guy date you? Don’t tell me you haven’t had a boyfriend before” he raised his eyebrow at her when he made this statement.

“I’ve had boyfriends in the past but they don’t work out. They either cheat or break up with me for no apparent reason and cheating is one thing I don’t condone or forgive. Now I just simply can’t find one guy who wouldn’t do that” she explained to him.

“You’re not exactly open you know?” he waited for her reaction to what he said hoping that she wouldn’t get mad.

“I know that but even a psychopathic killer don’t say ‘hi I’m a psycho wanna date’?” he just laughed at what she said but she has a point.

“You’re picky when it comes to the guys you want to date don’t you?”

“I guess but to be honest I’m the same as other girls. Looking for my prince but unfortunately likes other girls, I find out that prince charming doesn’t exist in reality” she looked at him straight in the eyes when she said that.

“Hey I could be a prince” he murmured innocently and was startled when Gabby burst out laughing.

“Right and the next thing you’ll tell me you have your crown hidden at the bottom of your sock drawer” she teased.

“No it’s underneath my bed” he teased back. “But seriously I know the world is full of jerks but prince charming still exist and I hate to state the obvious but I can be your prince” his blue eyes found her brown ones and held them while speaking. But after a few minutes she looked away.

“When the time comes I’ll tell you all about myself and then you can tell me everything you’re telling me now, assuming that your mind doesn’t change. But I’m going to apologise now for involving you with me to begin with”

“Okay. I know I should ask but I’m not. I’m just going to wait for the time that you could tell me everything and I don’t think you could tell me anything that could make me run the other way”

“We’ll see”

Chapter 4: Cook out by Lalaine30

Chapter 4: Cook out

The next day, Gabby woke up in the morning with a ringing of the phone from downstairs. She tried to blindly reach for it on the bedside table but when she couldn’t find the offending device she opened her eyes. That’s when she saw the paint colour of the room, which is not hers then she remembers where she is. I forgot I’m in Justin’s house. She remembered what happen yesterday. After their one on one talk they planned what they’re going to prepare for the cook out. They ordered pizza after that for dinner which resulted to their argument about which pizza flavour to get. Justin wanted to get pepperoni pizza while she wanted to get Hawaiian pizza. Justin told her that pineapple in a pizza is weird and he wasn’t hearing it when she said that it’s her favourite pizza. In the end they agreed to make half of it pepperoni and the other half hawiian.

While waiting for the food to arrive, they selected a movie to watch and before Gabby could say anything, Justin told her that they’re not watching a chick flick. This cause Gabby to roll her eyes at him and then she picked out The Notebook just to annoy him. But they ended up watching Wanted, the new Angelina Jolie movie. Before going to bed, Justin showed her where she could stay. He chose the guest bedroom beside his and showed her the bathroom and the toiletries. During the night she woke up in cold sweat because of her nightmares but she hoped that this time she didn’t scream or anything because the last thing she needed is for Justin to find out that she constantly have nightmares. But she remembered she just woke and went to the kitchen to get some water while Justin slept on.

The ringing of the phone stopped a few minutes ago and she heard the shower in Justin’s room started. She decided to wake up and also get ready. But before she could move the phone started ringing again. This time she knows she should answer it since he’s in the bathroom. She run down the stairs and found the handset on the couch and then answered it on a fourth ring.

“Hello?”

“Hi is Justin there?” she could clearly hear that the caller on the other line is a woman.

“He’s in the shower at the moment, can I take a message?” she asked instead.

“That’s okay I’ll call again later” the woman on the other line paused for a few minutes. It was clear to Gabby that she wanted to say something else so she didn’t hang up. “May I know who you are?” the woman asked after a few moments.

“Oh, I’m Gabby. Justin’s friend” was the only thing she said.

“Okay nice to meet you Gabby I’m Jessica, Justin’s girlfriend” she was confused when Jessica said ‘Justin’s girlfriend’ because as she remembers correctly Justin told her that he doesn’t have a girlfriend and that he and Jessica are over. She didn’t say anything though, for all she knows they’re already back together. He sure could flirt though. Jessica said goodbye after introducing herself, after hanging up the phone she went back upstairs to get ready.

When she finished getting ready and went down to the kitchen to start the preparation since it’s already 9am, she saw Justin watching cartoons on the living room television. She grabbed a glass of juice before going to the living room herself to sit beside him.

“Do you like cartoons?” Justin finally asks a few minutes after she sat down beside him.

“Yea, I watch them every morning too. It’s the best way to start your day” she didn’t look at him when she answered his questions. “By the way, your girlfriend Jessica called” she looked at him for reaction when she said this and it didn’t disappoint her when Justin turned his head towards her with a furrowed brow.

“I told you Jessica and I are not together anymore. She’s not my girlfriend”

“That was she said. She told me her name followed by ‘Justin’s girlfriend’” she doesn’t know why she’s pushing this issue but she wanted him to tell her that nothing’s going on. Maybe you like him her brain told her.

I do not she answered back.

Yes you do. In fact I think you have a crush

Shut up self you don’t know anything. It took her a moment to realise that she’s talking to her self.

“Anyway, I’ll go ahead and cook food” he also got up when she started walking towards the kitchen.

They both started preparing everything that they needed for the cook out. Gabby taught Justin how to marinate the chicken that they’ll cook later on the grill before putting it in the fridge. There was some disaster when Justin mistook sugar for salt and put a lot of sugar in the chicken. The good thing was he put the sugar in first before the other ingredients so she just told him to wash the sugar off the chicken again and start over. While Justin is washing dishes, she started making her fruit salad and cherry fudge cake (Justin’s request).

“Where did you learn how to cook? Did your mom teach you?” he asked her innocently while still washing the cutleries that they’ve used. She stopped for a moment when she heard his question. It was full of innocent curiosity but the truth is, it made her heart ache for the mother she never knew. She cleared her throat before speaking but didn’t try to face him. “No, I learned from watching cooking channels in my free time. Then I’d try it myself and improve from my mistakes”

Justin caught the catch in her voice when she said that. As if it pains her to learn everything she knows about cooking in the television. He looked at her for a few minutes wanting to go over where she’s standing and give her a hug until she smiles again. He thought it was no big deal asking the question but apparently not. He was gonna go back to his work when he heard the doorbell rang.

“Whoever that is, they’re early” he said when he noticed the wall clock on his kitchen only read just half past ten in the morning. He stopped what he was doing and went to answer the door. When he came back, she can clearly see Justin wearing an annoyed look on his face and Gabby saw a girl trailing behind him with bags in her hand. When she looked closely on who it is, surprisingly enough she wasn’t shock to see Jessica Biel with a big smile on her face. She raised one eyebrow to Justin in question and she got a half hearted shrug for an answer and then he led Jessica in front of her to introduce.

“Jessica, this is Gabby. Gabby this is Jessica” e watched both of them shake their hands and exchange ‘nice to meet yous’ before getting back to what he was doing.

“Why are you here early Jessica? The cook out is not until half one” Justin tried to be polite in asking his questions and made sure that he doesn’t show how annoyed he really feels.

“I came to bring some food for later and I thought I’d also help you out” she put one of the bags in the counter where Gabby saw it as a cake bag and at least four boxes of pizza boxes.

“Cool. But you didn’t have to do that” Justin told her taking the pizza boxes from her and putting it in the far side of the counter.

“Yea I know but I thought well no one knows how to cook so why not bring pizza instead” she shrugged.

“Would you like to help cook then?” he asked her although he already have an idea on what she’s gonna say. As far as he knows, Jessica doesn’t do kitchen”

“Come on Justin, you know the kitchen is my least favourite place in the house. I have people who could do that for me” she said rolling her eyes and sitting down on one of the high chair beside the counter. This only proved Justin’s hunch and when he turned around to look at her, he saw Gabby with a small smile on her face at the same time biting her lip clearly stopping herself to comment on something. He smiled a little when he saw her doing this then fully turned to look at Jessica and one thought entered his mind. What did I ever see in her?

“Actually Gabby here is a good cook and she just finished teaching me how to marinate a chicken so that it’s not bland after it cooks on the grill” he said proudly and he saw Gabby give him a little thank you smile when she looked at him.

“Oh Justin you know even a child can marinate. That’s nothing” Jessica said rudely and again rolling her eyes before focussing it at Gabby.

“So Gabby what do you do?”

“I’m a web designer among other things” she replied trying to be polite although she could clearly hear the bite in Jessica’s voice when she asked the question. She doesn’t want to have an enemy first week to moving in Florida so for now she’s going to giver the benefit of the doubt and be nice.

“Among other things? Like what?” Jessica pushed on.

“Mainly computer stuff”

“Computer stuff? So you’re a geek?” she asked unashamedly and turned to Justin when she heard him call her name. “What mostly people who is good with computers are geeks” she shrugs at him like it’s nothing but a common knowledge.

“That’s nothing but a stereotype” Gabby told her but this time she is not smiling.

“It’s a fact. Don’t worry there’s nothing wrong with being a geek. You just get ignored a lot more than others that’s all” now Gabby can clearly see that she’s finished being polite and went to being outright rude on her. What her problem is, she doesn’t know but it was apparent that Jessica doesn’t like her.

“Yea well I don’t believe it because if that’s true then what they say about every people in entertainment industry being beautiful are also gonna be true. But right now-“she took a moment to pointedly look at Jessica from head to toe before continuing- “well I just don’t see it” she said then watched as Jessica’s eyes turned angry along with the rest of her facial expression.

“I beg your pardon” she said angrily to Gabby at the same time standing up from where she was seated.

“Beg all you want but it won’t do you any good”

Justin couldn’t believe what’s happening in his kitchen. He wanted to stop it but he couldn’t say anything in fear of making it a bigger issue. He also couldn’t understand how Jessica could say those things. He can see that Gabby wouldn’t back down and can also be catty as her if not more but Jessica provoked her to begin with. Luckily before he could choose on the course of action that he should do, Jessica did it for him.

“I’ll just be in the living room Justin. The kitchen has a nasty smell” she commented with a smirk on her face before she proceeded to walk in to the living room without turning back.

Justin caught Gabby in the waist before she could reach Jessica. By the look of it, she was ready to beat the girl up. “Calm down” he whispered at her and was happy when she listens to him in first attempt to calm her.

“I’m sorry, I shouldn’t let go of my cool around her” she apologised now calmed down but in her head she’s currently skinning Jessica alive and rolling her in salt.

“I should be the one saying sorry to you I don’t know why she acted that way. Do you want me to ask her to leave?” Justin took her hand in his and was quite amused when she didn’t notice.

“No you don’t have to do that I’ll just avoid her. If I can’t avoid her, just pray that there are no heavy or sharp items near me” she joked.

“Got it. What else do we have to do?” he asks looking around the kitchen but still not letting go of her hand. When she tried to run her hand through her hair, she noticed that Justin was holding it so she shyly pulled her hand out of his.

“Well the cake is cooking now I still have to make the fruit salad. Do you want to help with that or do you wanna hang out with your guest in the living room?” she asked him but she knows Justin wouldn’t leave her alone in preparing the food.

“What do you want me to do?” he said without giving a straight answer to her question. But instead he positioned himself beside the sink looking at the draining fruits.

“You can open this cans” she gave him one can of condensed milk and two cans of cream.

The doorbell rang again around half 12. By this time the foods are ready and the fruit salad was put inside the fridge to cool it off. Justin welcomed the break of opening the door because the tension in the living room was suffocating.

“What do you want with Justin?” Jessica suddenly asks while Justin was out of the house opening the gate.

“What do you mean, what do I want with Justin?”

“Simple question you can’t understand? I thought you were smart. I meant, what are you planning?” she was trying to speak silently but Jessica is clearly getting aggravated towards her.

“I’m planning to use him for his fame and fortune” Gabby said to the girl sarcastically. She knows it’s far from the truth but she couldn’t help but bait the girl in front of her. “I mean I’m sure you know what I’m talking about” she winked at her. She wanted to laugh out loud when she saw Jessica’s face contorted with rage.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” she shrieked completely forgetting to whisper.

“What did I stutter?” she asked her with a complete innocence in her face.

Jessica didn’t get the chance to say anything else because Joey and Chris can be heard from the front door. The two girls paint an odd picture with Jessica looming over Gabby, rage is clearly etched on her face and with Gabby and her amused calmed smile looking at Jessica like she’s not a threat. The guys froze when they saw the situation.

“What’s going on?” Justin asked the two women in the living room.

“Nothing, we’re just getting acquainted” Gabby shrugged nonchalantly. “Hey guys” she greeted getting up from the couch to give each of the guys a hug and completely ignoring Jessica.

“Hey Gabby how are you?” Joey asks returning her hug.

“I’m good” Justin motioned for her to follow him in the kitchen before anything else so she left the guys and Jessica in the living room.

“We should start getting everything ready” he suggested to her when they reached the kitchen. He started getting the paper plates and plastic cups from the cupboard where they stored it from the night before to the garden. They set up a table near the pool so that they could put the food and the cutleries that the guest would need. Justin started firing up the grill after putting everything outside so that it’s ready to use. Gabby was startled when she heard Justin give a little yelp from the garden so she put the Tupperware she was holding down on the counter and rushed to the garden.

“Are you ok?” she asked clearly worried that something bad happened.

“Yea, there’s amber that went in to my head” he laughed.

“You scared me. I thought you burned your hand or something” she slapped him lightly in the arm. Justin slowly smiled, his mischievous little boy smile that would likely get him out of troubles.

“So this means you worry about me?” he asked continuing to smile that smile on his face. He likes to believe that he’s wearing her down now, he’ll be a little more patient with her and hopefully she’ll finally open up.

“No, it’s just natural instinct” she lied. The next thing she knew he was chasing her around the pool area so that he could push her in. They were stopped by a few throats clearing on the sideline. When they both look up, they could see JC, Joey, Chris and a pissed off Jessica.

“Well, I’m seeing some progress” Joey said with a big smile on his face.

Gabby rolled her eyes when she heard Joey’s comment. “Shut it Joey. Anyway, the plates and all you’ll need are in the table and the other stuff is in the kitchen. Enjoy” Justin went to answer the front gate when he heard the doorbell ring again. The guests are finally arriving and there’s a lot more people than Gabby could imagine. She enjoyed meeting a lot of people although some of them are close to Jessica and listen to her. But she couldn’t care less; she’s not here to please Jessica.

Chapter 5: More by Lalaine30

Justin introduced her to the guy’s girlfriends when they arrived. Kelly was such a sweetheart and Danny is so funny. She also met Lance and Lance’s boyfriend for the first time and she thought they make a great couple; the house was quite busy and full of people by 3pm.

“So Justin told me you’re a web designer?” Kelly and Danni came over to where she’s standing looking out to the party.

“Yea, for 3yrs now. Are you enjoying the party?” she asked both of them.

“Yes. Brianna loved the cherry fudge cake and I liked the fruit salad. Where did you buy them?” she asked while following her daughter with her eyes.

“Oh I didn’t buy them, I made them” the two women looked at her like she had grown another head.

“You made them? That’s amazing. They are so good, you’re good” Danni finally said from where she’s eating the salad.

“Anyway enough about the food. We’ve noticed Justin keep on looking at your direction since the beginning of the party” she was raising her eyebrow suggestively at her. “Is there anything going on with you too?” she inquired.

“Not to mention Jessica’s evil glare towards your way” Danni told her looking at Jessica’s way. Surely enough, when she looked at the same direction Jessica was whispering something to her colleague and they’re looking her way.

“Nothing’s going on. We’re just friends”

“Well from where I’m standing, it looks like he wanted more” Kelly said to her amused by the girls face turning red.

“I can’t have a relationship right now and I’ve told him I’m not the best girl to get involve with”

“So he has shown intentions then?” Danni ask her looking at her straight.

“Yes, he told me last night that he could be the prince charming that I’ve been looking for” she admitted to the women shyly. This is a new territory for her; she’d never really had many girl friends. Having Kelly and Danni interested of her like this is a good feeling.

“That’s good. I’m glad to hear he’s moving on. When Justin and Jessica broke up it was hard for him especially since they were supposed to get married and then she just suddenly called the wedding off. Apparently she’s not ready.” Gabby looked at Justin to where he’s talking to Trace.

While looking at him, she’s wishing that she’s someone else other than herself. Someone who could be with him with no consequences attach to her every move. Someone who would not put him in danger just because he was seen talking to her. Times like this she regrets having the life that she leads. She’s wishing that she’s a normal girl. But she can’t do anything else until she finished what she promised herself years ago.

The cook out finished around 7pm. The only person left in the house was Gabby, Jessica, Kelly, Danni and the three guys from Nsync. They are helping Gabby and Justin to clean out everything that was use. Justin and Gabby were putting the left over food in the fridge when Jessica came in. she went straight to where Justin is changing the garbage bag ignoring Gabby along the way. She whispered something to him and a moment later they both went to the garden. They probably both thought that no one could hear them from that area of the house but they’re wrong because Gabby can hear everything they’re talking about.

“What is it?” Justin asked Jessica as soon as they stepped out in to the garden.

“I know what you’re doing and I want you to know that it’s working” she said.

“What am I doing?” he asked confusedly.

“You’re trying to make me jealous with that girl and like I said it’s working” she took a deep breath before continuing. “I miss us. I miss what we had”

Justin tried to turn away from her. He doesn’t want to hear what she has to say. But before he could leave her, she stopped him from entering the house.

“Please you have to listen to me. I’m telling you Justin I miss the time we’ve shared and I want to go back in that time. I miss you and I want to try again. If you want to get married then we’ll get married. Let’s just try again” she pleaded.

“I’m not in the same place anymore. I don’t feel the same way I used to for you. I moved on and I’m sorry” he wants her to understand that he’s serious and he’s telling her nothing but the truth. He had to end this ones and for all. “And for your information, I’m not using Gabby to make you jealous. I genuinely like her”

This time, Jessica didn’t stop Justin when he went inside the house to continue what he was doing. After a few minutes Jessica also came inside the house and walked straight to Gabby.

“This is your entire fault” she said to Gabby, watching the girl slowly turned and slightly raised her eyebrow at her. But Jessica couldn’t care less, she’s angry right now that nothing is going her way. After saying her piece to Gabby she turns her back on her and marched towards the living room no doubt to get her belongings and leave. When the girl was out of sight, she turned and looks at Justin standing frozen beside the trash can. She wanted to say a lot of things. She wanted to tell him that he’s wasting his time pursuing her. Hoping that they’d have something… hoping that she’d give in. but she didn’t move and she certainly didn’t say anything.

She knows he wont listen so she’s not gonna bother. She left the kitchen without saying anything to him. When she arrived in the living room she saw Joey and Chris arguing again about something. Chris and Joey are always full of energy and before she knows it she’s laughing at their antics. They’re great guys and now she knows that she can be herself around them. She talked to them for a bit joining their bantering and argument. Justin joined them a few minutes later taking a sit besides Gabby on the love seat. This didn’t go unnoticed by the guys especially Joey and he didn’t fail to make a comment about it.

“You guys are like magnets, you can’t get away from each other that long” he said making everyone in the room laugh and making Gabby turn red. She felt her face hit up and that’s what she doesn’t like about herself. She could fight a psycho with a chainsaw with her bare hands but when it comes to situation like this, she turns in to a tomato. She was having fun but when she saw the clock above Chris’ head she knew she had to go. She’s meeting her new partner tomorrow morning and she’s tired from the day’s event. She said goodbye to the guys and started to drive home alone although Justin did offer to go with her, she declined.

She was about to turn in to her street when she heard a disturbance in the corner alley. Why there’s an alley in a village? She doesn’t know. So she parked her car behind an electrical company van and gets out checking what’s going on but before closing the car door she reached in to her front compartment and took out a red woollen scarf and put it in her neck. If she’s an ordinary girl she would’ve just called a police without getting out of her car but in her reality, she is the police.

Gabby slowed down and she felt the familiar tickle down the middle of her spine. She always feel this whenever she’s about to get in to a fight. She stopped behind the pole standing in front of her. She first surveyed her surrounding. She’s making sure that all the assailants are in the alley way and no one is lying in wait to watch out somewhere and when she was sure of it, she focus on what’s happening straight on. At what she could make out, it’s a robbery in progress. She could see six people in the alley. She could hear a man and a woman pleading to their assailants to let them go and not to hurt them but the attacker just laugh in answer.

Justin couldn’t settle down after Gabby left so he followed her using his own car the reason being he only wants to make sure she got home alright. He couldn’t see any car in front of him so he’s assuming that she’s already home but he’s gonna check anyway. He was nearing her road when he heard a woman screaming, he gave an involuntary sigh when he didn’t recognise the voice because it means it’s not Gabby but he checked it anyway. He got out of his car and proceeds to walk down the sidewalk of the road. It was dark and he was thankful for that because the last thing he needs is someone to recognise him at a time like this. He pulled at the hood of his hoodie to cover his head just in case. He paused when he neared the alley and heard a group of men laughing at their victim.  But he heard the strangest thing of all.

“Laugh it up assholes because you won’t be able to later on” a fight broke out. Justin whirled around and went straight to crouch behind a group of trash cans located in the opening of the alley.

There in the alley, he saw four guys fighting a small woman. Justin was mesmerized by the chilling beauty of the fight. One guy came at the woman’s back. She flipped him over her shoulder in one graceful motion and kicked him in the face. She twirled as she rose up to face another attacker. She saw her picked up a log from the floor and held it like she was used to using it to defend herself. The other two attacker and rushed her. She actually did a cartwheel away from them but another attacker anticipated what she’s gonna do and he grabbed her. The woman didn’t panic, she surrendered her weight by picking both of her legs up to her chest and it brought the attacker who grabbed her to his knees. The woman sprang to her feet and drop kick the remaining attacker.

After the fight, Gabby looked around her. She spotted the couple on the side, the woman crying and the guy hugging her trying to console her. She started walking to the couple to talk to them.

“Are you guys okay?” she asked the couple at the same time checking with her eyes if they have an injury. When she didn’t see any, she left them for a while to tie the hands of the attackers one by one.

“Do you have a cell phone?” she asked them again and when they nod their head yes, she asked them to call the police and tell them what happen. The guy followed her instruction and dialled his phone. She was down to tying the last attackers hand when Justin came out behind the cans and approach her. She was shock to find him there but was thankful that she took an initiative in covering her entire head with the red scarf that she took from her car compartment earlier. She had to get out of here before he recognises her. Not that he would but she couldn’t be sure and she’s not willing to take the chance. After tying the last guy, she pointed to the woman on the floor who was still crying and Justin took that as a sign to talk to the woman. When he started talking to her, Gabby took that time to slip out from the alley and run into her car.

She didn’t take the scarf off of her face until she was safely inside her house and set the alarm on. She went to her bathroom upstairs to take a bath and soak her sore muscles. She didn’t plan to get in to a fight earlier on and she was hoping no one sees or recognises her. She was thankful for the red scarf that she always put in her car. She just got in the tub when her doorbell rang. Wondering who it is, she put a bathrobe on and went to the small room under her stairs where her video monitor is located. Her heart skipped a beat when she saw the person standing outside her gate. She doesn’t know what he wants and was wondering if he recognised her behind the red scarf. She closed the video room and went to let him in.

Justin was waiting outside the gate when he heard her tell him to come in from the intercom on his right. He tried the gate handle and when it opened he let himself in. he saw her waiting for him with the front door open with only her bathrobe on.

“I’m sorry for taking so long, I was taking a bath. What are you doing here?” she stepped aside to let him in the house.

“I was just checking if you got home alright” he told her when he finally turn to face her.

“You could’ve just called me instead of coming all the way here”

“It’s okay it’s near anyway. You know on my way here I witnessed a fight in an alley just before you turn on your road. I guess these two couple was getting mugged and then there’s this girl who helped them” they both walked to her kitchen to get a drink and she made sure her bathrobe is secured.

“Really? Who was the girl who helped them?” she asked nonchalantly.

“I don’t know I didn’t see her face. There was a red scarf around her whole head. I guess she doesn’t want to get recognise because she didn’t even stay around to give a statement to the police” he got a beer and went to the living room to sit on the couch. Her heart skipped a bit when she saw the red scarf she was wearing earlier draped in the love seat couch in plain sight. She got really nervous when Justin picked it up and looked at it.

“This is kind of the same colour the girl was wearing. You know the one who fought the muggers? But I couldn’t be a hundred percent sure because it was dark.” He put the scarf back to where it was placed and continues to seat on the couch.

“It must be another colour” she commented giving a little sigh of relief that he didn’t put two and two together. Justin stood up after drinking his beer and went to the kitchen to put the bottle in the recycle bin.

“I’m gonna go now. I’m sorry for disturbing your bath. I just wanna check on you”

She led him towards the gate and opened it by entering her code. “Next time you can just call but thank you for coming here” she laughed. She was about to close the gate when Justin turned back and stopped her for closing the gate.

“Do you wanna hang out tomorrow? I have a meeting in the afternoon but I’m free in the morning” he asked her.

“I can’t, I have a meeting tomorrow morning and I don’t know what time I’ll be finished. Besides we’ll be seeing each other when we go to Disneyland the day after tomorrow anyway”

“Okay give me a call me tomorrow whenever you’re free. Good night” he got in to his car and drove away. Gabby closed the gate and went back to her now cold bath after setting the alarm.

Chapter 6: Repurcussion by Lalaine30
Author's Notes:
Sorry for taking it so long to update. I'm writing my dissertation and don't get much time to write.Thanks for waiting tho and enjoy.

The next day, Gabby started getting ready at 8am. She wore a low rise hipster in black with a white tank top. She then put a black leather jacket with a close collar. She grabbed her bag and her keys before turning the house alarm on and leaving the house. She’ll be meeting Brendan Lyle at 9am inside the Apollo Hotel by the bar so she figured she’ll just grab a breakfast in there when she arrives. It took her 15minutes to drive to the building and she arrived in the hotel at exactly 9am. Her superior said that to look for a guy wearing a leather jacket with red gloves in his hand. So far she’s the only person inside the bar wearing a leather jacket. She took a sit at the far side of the bar away from the window but also near the exit just in case. She just started eating her breakfast when a man stopped in front of her.

When she looked up, the first thing she saw was the red glove so she guessed he’s her new partner, but first she needs to make sure. She motioned for the guy to sit down in front of her and he obliged.

“Hi, I’m Agent Brendan Lyle. You must be Agent Gabriella Lawson.” He offered his hand to her to shake.

“Call me Gabby” she offered shaking his hand but continued to eat her breakfast. “So how long have you been working for the Black Ops division?”

“I’ve been with them for five years” he answered.

“So you were one of the agents that were sent to Moscow to infiltrate the Russian mafia’s underground chemical operation?”  She asked casually.

“No because first, the Russian mafia’s underground chemical operation was located in Chelyabinsk not in Moscow and second, the underground chemical operation blew up before they could send agents to infiltrate the place” he looked straight at her and she looked back. She knows he knows he’s testing him. The information that she just asked is only accessed by agents who has a level nine clearance and these clearance are only given to agents who have been in Black Ops for more than four years.

“Sorry, I had to check. I mean this is the first time I’ve ever met you” she shrugged. “Are you aware of my situation? Did they explain it to you?” she continued.

“Yes and you don’t have to worry, I know everything”

“Do you have the mission brief then?” she changed the topic. It’s enough for her to know that he knows her situation.

They spent two hours to talk about the mission and on how they would approach it. They constructed a plan that was divided in three phases. They also studied the schematics of the ware house that they’re gonna infiltrate and study the security system of the place. It was already 12pm when they finished. They decided to go to the mall for the afternoon. She showed Brendan or as he asked her to call him Bren, the mall. It was also his first time in Florida. He lived in Philadelphia all his life and now that he was partnered to her, he also moved in Florida.

They also talked about their cover story. They both agreed that they’ll tell them that they’re college friends if someone asks. They spent the rest of the day getting to know each other. Brendan is a genuinely a nice guy not to mention sweet and a gentleman to boot. He opens doors for her and pulls up chairs whenever they had to sit and eat. They had fun strolling around the mall although at one moment, Gabby thought she saw a flash from the corner of her eyes but she couldn’t determine whether it’s from a store light or a camera. She’s hoping it’s a store light; she made a mental check of her appearance. She changed most of it before she arrived in Florida; she made sure her hairstyle is covering most of her face at all times even when she’s not wearing a hat.

“Are you okay?” Brendan asked when he saw her looked around.  

“Yea I thought I saw a flash, no biggie” she shrugged. She doesn’t want to look like an idiot worrying about nothing. “Hey can we go to that store?” Brendan saw her point on the store across them. It was Old Navy.

“Sure” they started walking on the store but before they could reach it, she heard someone calling her name. She wasn’t gonna turn around but she heard that whoever is calling her called her Gabby. She looked at Brendan and she saw the he too was looking around.

When she looked back, she saw Justin and Joey walking towards them avoiding the shoppers along the way.

“Justin? What are you doing here? I thought you have a meeting” she asked him as soon as he was standing in front of him.

“Yea, the meeting is cancelled so we thought we could go shopping” he looked at the guy standing beside her and wondered who he is. Gabby saw him looking at Brendan and she thought it’s time for the introduction.

“This is Brendan my friend from college and this is Justin and Joey. I met them here when I arrive” she pointed to each of the guy as she said their name. Then the guy shook each others hands in greeting.

“What are you guys up to?” Joey asked looking from Gabby to Brendan.

“We were just gonna go to Old navy. What about you guys?”

“We’re gonna grab something to eat. Do you guys wanna join us?” Justin asked.

“We just ate but if you’re still here after your done give me a call and we could meet up” she told him instead. They went in to their separate ways with Justin and Joey going to find something to eat and Gabby and Brendan going inside the old navy store.

----------------

Justin and Joey sat at the back room of the restaurant that they picked. The waitress came a minute later and they both ordered their food.

“So who do you think is that guy with Gabby?” Joey started. He can clearly see that Justin likes Gabby and he wanted to see how he’s going to react when Gabby is with another guy.

“I don’t know. Why would I care?” As expected, Joey saw him with an uncomfortable look in his eyes. “Look, I’ve known you for so long that even now I know what’s going on through your mind” he took a pause before continuing. “It’s only been a few days when you met her but I know you like her, just admit it”

“Fine! Yes I like her; she’s a mystery to me. When I met her I know she knows who I am but she didn’t even bat an eyelash. Not to mention she’s interesting” he was turning red a bit when he said these things to Joey.

Joey laughed when he saw his friend acting like this. It’s been so long since he acted this way and it’s quite amusing but he’s also happy that the old Justin is back and he’s happy. “Damn you got it bad. But I think she likes you too it’s just that I think this girl has a lot of baggage so just be careful. You don’t know her that well” he cautioned him.

“Don’t worry I won’t jump the gun and I’ll take it slow” the waitress brought their food and they started eating. They agreed that they’d meet Gabby and his friend after they eat then they could go buy some shoes.

------------

“You know that, that was Justin Timberlake right?” Brendan asked her as soon as Joey and Justin were out of ear shot.

“Yea, I met him in the plane and he leaves like a block away from mine” she explained while looking at a few tops on the clothes rack near the door.

“Okay, I’ll say something just for the sake of someone saying it. You know that getting involved with him and his friends would be a bad idea, right?” he looked at her closely when he said this. He wants to make sure that she understands the repercussion of being friends with Justin. He wants her to be happy. After all of the things he heard about her before even meeting her, she deserves to be happy.

Gabby took time to think about what he said but one thing she’s determine of is getting her life back and that it includes being friends with Justin and his friends.

“I know that. I thought about it in the beginning but I’m tired of not getting close to people because of someone that might scare them away or endanger their lives if they’re connected to me”

“What happens when he or his friends find out who you really are or what you do for a living? Do you think they’d take it so easily?” Gabby didn’t say anything. She knows he has a point and that what he’s saying is one scenario that would happen.

“I’ll deal with it when that happens” she told him after a few minutes.

“I sure hope you know what you’re doing. I want you to be happy after every thing that happened to you in the past. But please be careful” she smiled at him when he said this. She subconsciously thanks God that she has another friend that she could count on. They continue with their shopping with Gabby buying a few tops that she saw along the way and Brendan buying a couple of shirts that he saw in the men’s section of the store. She told him about the fight in the alley from the night before. And it confirmed that he would be shock to hear that Justin was so close to finding out about her last night.

“So he didn’t recognise you?” he asked astonished at what he heard.

“No, I had a red scarf around my head. He couldn’t even tell whether my hair is long or short”

“What about your clothes? Didn’t you say you came from his house? He must’ve notice it”

“I don’t think so. I had jeans on and I put a jacket on before getting in to my car” he told him.

“You should really be careful. If you didn’t have that scarf, Justin would’ve find out it was you not to mention it could go back to the people who’s looking for you”

“I know, that’s why I’m always going to carry my red scarf in my bag now and my clean cruiser leather jacket. I’ll leave them in the car just in case I need it but I won’t wear it on a daily basis so that no one recognises it when I do wear it”

“So they’re in the car right now?” he asked her

“No, they’re here. See in my bag. The leather jacket is thin and small that I could put it at the bottom of my bag without making it too bulky with the scarf as well” she opened her bag and showed it to Brendan.

“Good. Always carry it with you because I think you could make that as your disguise when dealing with our work”

“Speaking of work what time are we meeting on Wednesday and where?” she ask him.

“Well that trading would take place at Opium in South Beach at 9:45pm. So we got to be scouting the place by half 7. They’re going to place at least eighth officers in the area but we’re both leading the team so they’ll wait for our signals and instructions. I’ll bring over the standard equipment if you want” he offered her.

“Not tomorrow, I’m going to Disney world with the guys. You could come if you want” she said shyly to him. “I could meet you at 7 in the corner of Collin Ave.” she offered.

“Okay. I’ll give you a call when I’m on my way” they left the store with Gabby carrying at least two bags. Brendan excused himself to go to the men’s room and she told him that he’d go to the store across it. Before she could enter the store, her cell phone started ringing.

“Hello?” she answered.

“Hey it’s Justin. Where are you at?”

“I’m in Victoria Secret store I could meet you in a min-“she broke off before she could continue. She heard Joey’s quick intake of breath and sure enough when she turn around there he is looking at the skimpy underwear on display.

“You are such a guy” she approached him after hanging her phone. She saw Justin smiling just behind Joey.  “Careful Joey you’re drooling” she joked.

“So what are you buying?” Joey asked with a big smile on his face making Gabby roll her eyes at him.

“I’m beginning to think, you’re nosy Joey” she turned her back on her and went to the rack where they hang the camise. She picked a red and baby blue ones that made Justin stare. She looked at him with a raised eyebrow in question and a small smile and the good thing is he had the decency to look embarrassed.

After a few minutes, Brendan came back from the men’s room so they decided to hang out in the arcade with Joey’s suggestion of course. Brendan and Justin are playing the mini basketball game and Gabby played Tekken five with Joey and he is such a sore loser. By their third round he was swearing obscenities to the machine and it was actually quite funny to watch. They just finished their fifth round when they heard a commotion from outside the arcade. When they looked around they saw a few people in a hurry going towards the exit. Justin and Brendan came over beside them but still looking outside.

“What’s going on?” Brendan asks them when he stood beside Joey.

“I don’t know. I’ll go check it out” she volunteered. She went outside the arcade and tried to talk to a person but she didn’t get any luck until she asked a fourth person passing her.

“What’s going on? Where is everyone going?” she stopped the guy in his late 30s.

“There’s a crazy guy in that store with a remote detonator for a bomb. He said he hid the bomb and will detonate it if they don’t bring his daughter to him now” the guy said pointing at the Gap store where a lot of people are pouring out of the store in a rush. Gabby looked at the store the guy was pointing at and tried to think of what she’s going to do next. The guy she was talking was already gone so she started looking around. She saw a ladies room just past the arcade and she started walking towards it with her bag.

------------------

“Where did Gabby go?” Joey asked abandoning the game that he was playing.

“Maybe she’s just…” Justin trailed off when she saw something just outside the arcade door. “Hey it’s that person with a red scarf in the head” he pointed out seeing that same person run past the arcade store making Brendan and Joey look out.

“A person with a red scarf?” Joey asked Justin, confusion clearly written in his face. Justin turns towards him and start telling him the story about the first time he encountered the girl with a red scarf around her head.

Brendan on the other hand knows who the girl in the red scarf and now he’s worried. Clearly something bad is happening outside for her to do this. A few moments later before he could do anything else her phone started ringing.

“Hello”

“Hey it’s me, possible K-43 in the Gap store. I’ll do everything I can to stop this but keep Justin and Joey with you at all time” she hung up without waiting for an answer.

“Should we go now?”  Joey asked when he ran out of his quarter.

“NO!” Brendan burst out. “I mean we should wait for Gabby to come back” he corrected. Joey shrugged and went to the coin counter to get more coins for the game while Brendan and Justin waited beside the car racing game. Before Joey could come back, they heard shouts from the entrance of the arcade. The next thing they knew was they are being told to go on the side and keep quiet or he’ll blow the place up. Then the guy was followed by the girl with a red scarf who appears to be out of breath.

When the guy with the remote saw this he grabbed the nearest person to him which happens to be Justin. This made Gabby stop dead in her tracks before she could do anything else. She looked at Brendan for a sign on what to do but she saw that he was also shocked at what’s happening.

“You stop right there or I’ll break his neck” the guy threatened the girl with the red scarf.

She looked at Justin and she could see that he’s confused and clearly scared. She needs to do something quick. She assessed her surroundings and took note of where the people are and the suspect itself. After that, she looked at Justin again and this time she caught his eyes. She inch forward a little towards them without breaking her eye contact with Justin and she knows she couldn’t send any complicated signal because there’s a big chance that he wouldn’t understand it so she keep looking down hoping he gets ‘get down’ signal. After about twenty times she looked down, Justin finally got the idea and gave a slight nod to Gabby. She casually counted three times and showing it to Justin to give him the opportunity to dodge. As soon as he did, Gabby kicked the suspects hand where his holding the remote detonator.

It flew from the suspect’s hand and Brendan dove for it. She followed her kick with an uppercut knocking the guy down.

“Where’s the bomb?” she whispered to his ear making sure she can’t be heard by Justin who is still sitting on the floor looking at them. She took the suspects hand and twists it behind his back for emphasis.

“I’m not telling you. This place is gonna blow up in a few minutes and you can’t do anything about it” he shouted in her direction.

“Wrong answer” she held one of his fingers and breaks it. She could clearly see Justin’s eyes go wide from the corner of her eyes but she didn’t turn around. The guy screamed when she broke his finger. “I could do that to all your fingers and then I’ll start breaking major bones. Now where is the bomb?” she made a motion to grab another finger.

“It’s under that machine” he pointed to the machine where she and Joey played earlier on. She looked at Brendan and without a word he came over and held the guy down. Then she went straight to the machine the suspect pointed out to her. She took a tool out of her pocket and started opening the machine and as soon as she did she saw at least five sticks of dynamite bunch up together attached to different wires and then attached to a digital clock. The good news is, the clock isn’t on and the bad news is even though the clock isn’t on; touching the dynamites without disengaging the wires would be suicidal.

After securing the suspect, Brendan went to tell the people to go and to get out of the arcade. They went one by one with the exception of Joey and Justin since he’s still on the floor watching Gabby’s every move. After a few minutes the bomb was defused and Gabby can breathe again. The first thing she looked at was Justin on the floor looking back at her. But before she could do anything or even move from her spot, Brendan came back and she took that opportunity to leave.

“Hey wait-“Justin snapped out of it and started chasing after her but she turned on his way once and never stopped. Brendan approached him before he could follow the girl out.

“Hey man, are you okay?” he asked him.

“Yeah, it’s just … never mind” he told the guy instead but he didn’t look away from the doorway the mystery girl disappeared to. “Where’s Gabby?” he asked Brendan instead.

“Oh she probably called the police or something” he pretended to look around just to avoid looking straight at Justin. “Oh here she is” They saw Gabby coming in the arcade out of breath.

“Are you guys okay?” she asked the guys when she reached them. “When the bomber came in here, the cops wouldn’t let me back in” she watched as the cops came running inside the arcade towards where the bomb is.

“Yea we’re good” Brendan answered her. She looked at Justin wondering why he’s quiet. Maybe he’s still shook up from what happen.

“Are you ok Justin?” she asked him he still have that look of shock on his face.

“Yea, someone helped us. A girl with a red scarf wrapped around her head” he informed her. She didn’t make any comment though. She just looked at Brendan without saying a word.

“Any, we should go. I had enough excitement for one day” they started walking towards the car park. But Justin is still thinking of the girl.

They all separate in the car park, with Justin and Joey getting in to Justin’s car and Gabby went to her SUV with Brendan following her behind. He wanted to see where she leaves so she invited him for an hour or two. Justin told her that she would call her to talk about what time they’re meeting tomorrow.

Brendan stayed at the house for an hour and half checking her place out and just talking in general. By 4pm she had nothing to do so she decided to go for a jog to get rid some of her energy. While jogging, she thought of what happened today at the mall. That was close. She knows that something like that could happen in the long run but never really thought that it would happen less than a week that she’s here. She gotta be more careful especially when she’s with Justin. Justin. She shouldn’t really be thinking about him like this. Besides relationship would complicate thinks even further than they are now. She’s also not good in relationship. She tends to get people hurt.

Chapter 7: Fun for a change by Lalaine30

She arrived back home after a 45minutes jog around the block. She cooked some dinner and ate alone. After dinner, she got the clothes that she’s going to wear for tomorrow. Orlando, Florida’s weather is hot compare to the weather in England so she chose a faded jean short and a small red military tank top. She figured it’s comfortable enough when riding the rides.

She heard the phone ringing after she put away her clothes. She ran across the room to her nightstand to answer the phone.

“Hello?”

“Hey Gabby, its Justin” said the person on the other line.

“Hey what’s up?”

“I just want to tell you that we’re picking you up at 8am if that’s ok” he told her

“Yea that’s cool; you guys could have breakfast here if you want. I wake up early anyway” she informed him.

“That’s great. I would give the guys your address so they know where to go. I’ll come by at half 7 if that’s ok?” he waited for her to answer.

“Yea that’s cool just ring the bell. I’ll see you tomorrow. Goodn-…”

“Uhm Gabby. Have you thought of what I said in the cookout?” after his question, silence rang from both sides.

“Which one Justin?” she figured playing the ‘I-don’t-know-what-you’re-saying’ card is a safe bet in this case.

“The part where I told you I could be your prince” Gabby gave a sigh when he heard Justin with those words again.

“You’re a good guy Justin so let’s make a deal” she finally said after a few seconds of paused. “I won’t shut you out and completely ignore what you’re saying that you’re apparently my prince in return, we’ll take it slow and take our time to find out each others skeletons. Then when everything is said and out in the open we could talk about us. Deal?” she waited for Justin to answer and praying that he’d agree. To be honest if it’s up to her she’d agree to be his girlfriend right away. But she’s scared. Scared that once she says yes everything would go down the hill… fast and she might endanger him on the process.

“Deal. Does that mean I could court you now?” he teased after agreeing with her. He figured he’d let her know now because even if she say no he’d do it anyway.

“Whatever you want Justin. Just take it slow. I don’t want to open my television one morning and find you there declaring you have a new girlfriend” she laughed.

“I won’t do that, don’t worry” he assured her.

“Justin. Can I ask a favour?” when she heard him say yes she continued. “If I’m with you, you know out and about, could you maybe tell me before hand if there’s a photographer that’s going to take our picture or my picture. I don’t want anyone to have my picture” Justin paused when he heard her ask him this. He thought it was odd for someone to ask him this. His past girlfriends didn’t mind the camera. Well most of his past girlfriends are comfortable in front of the camera. But it’s still an odd thing to say none the less.

“Are you hiding from someone?” he teased and he heard her laugh a little but didn’t say anything or give any answer.

“Please. That’s all I’m asking. Can you do that?” she asked him again.

After a few seconds of silence he finally said yes. Then they both said goodnight and that they’d see each other in the morning. After hanging up, Gabby laid down in her bed for a few minutes just reflecting on the conversation that she just had. In the end she somehow convinced herself that it’s a good thing and that even though her life is complicated right now she should still enjoy it once and a while.

Morning came soon enough before she knew it her doorbell is ringing. At first she didn’t know where it’s coming from but when it registered she raised down the stairs to answer the door without so much as looking at the video cameras.

“Good morning” Justin was standing just outside her door. “Am I early? It looks like you just literally roll out of bed” he looked at her from head to toe while saying this.

She looked down at her clothes and realised that she’s only wearing a black boy shorts and a blue tank top. “You got that right. Come on in” she motioned for him to come in and closed the door. Justin went straight to the kitchen and she excused herself for a second to get a bathrobe. When she came back he was sitting on one of the chair around the island in the kitchen. She started getting some of the food that she’s going to cook for breakfast.

“What do you want for breakfast honey?” she joked.

“French toast please dear” he joked back making both of them laugh. She started making her French toast and at the same time cooking some eggs and bacon as well. She also cut up some fruit and put it in a bowl in front of Justin then she switched on the television in her kitchen for some morning cartoons.

“Can we go ride a carousel in Disney land?” she asked him.

“Carousel? Yea I think we could do that”

“I know it sounds weird but every amusement park I go to I have this silly tradition to always ride the carousel” before she could continue she heard the bell rang. But Justin offered to open it so she could finish cooking.

“Good morning Gabby” the guys chorused when they came in.

“Hey guys. Come in and have some breakfast” she placed a plate with French toast and also a plate with eggs on one side and bacon on the other. Joey didn’t wait for any further invitation. He sat beside Justin and JC and Chris sat beside him. She poured some juice on her glass and put some food in her plate before sitting in front of Justin.

“Where’s Lance?” she asked them.

“Lance couldn’t come. He has some meeting for his television company or something” Chris answered since the other three guys is busy stuffing their face.

“Too bad, I won’t be able to meet him”

They finished their breakfast after ten minutes with Joey belching so loud that made everyone laugh.

“Listen guys, I’m gonna go get ready so feel at home” she told them at the same time leading them out of the kitchen. The guys went to the den to probably play some games and she went upstairs to get ready.

After almost an hour she went to the den to tell the guys she’s ready and found them fighting over who’s going to play next.

“I’m ready” all the guys except Justin turned to look at her. Joey gave what she thought is the loudest catcall she have ever heard but she just laughed it off. But this grab Justin’s attention and he turned around. His eyes went a little wide when he saw Gabby standing by the door. After a few seconds, he collected himself and hopes no one noticed but JC did.

He shook his head with a smile on his face. They’re so perfect for each other they don’t even know it. He thought. Before Justin could talk, Gabby’s cell phone rang. The guys return to their game but Justin’s attention is already divided since she entered the room. He tried to listen to what she’s saying but it’s no use. She’s talking again in another language so he stopped trying. After her phone call everyone gathered their stuff and headed to the car. Joey brought a black escalade and everyone agreed that he’s also going to be a designated driver. Chris sat with him in front calling shotgun as soon as they came out of the house then Justin and JC sat at the back with Gabby in the middle.

It took them at least forty-five minutes to reach Disney world. As soon as Gabby saw the entrance to it she started bouncing on her sit. Despite everything that happened to her in her life, she never gave up her childhood dream of visiting Disney world. It was the only thing real in her childhood that she could remember and she didn’t allow herself to let go of that dream. Now she was about to achieve that dream, thanks to this guys.

“Oh my god we’re so near. Do you think I could see Mickey Mouse?” she asked the guys excitedly. Then out of nowhere Chris started jumping in his sit shouting “we’re here”.

“I’m sorry. Chris is always high on sugar” Justin said from beside her.

“I can’t blame him even I can’t sit still” she laughed. A moment later Joey was parking the car and everyone is getting out of the vehicle. Gabby looked at the entrance and she couldn’t help but smile. She couldn’t believe it, she’s here.

“Are you ready?” JC asked her as soon as he got out of the car.

“Hell yeah” she said smiling at him. She started looking around for Justin and JC noticed this and smiled to himself.

“You’re really getting along with Justin” JC was looking at the guys standing just outside the parked car. They could clearly see Justin giving some instructions to the three bodyguards that followed them.

“He’s a nice guy and sweet. Who wouldn’t be attracted to him?” she shrugged looking at JC.

“I never said attracted. I said getting along with” he smiled at her when he saw her turn red. She looked away embarrassed a few seconds later, they saw Justin coming towards them.

“Your secret’s safe with me” JC whispered to her with that same smile on his face before Justin could approach them and she just rolled her eyes in response.

“Hey guys, you ready?” Justin asked the both of them.

“Yea we’re ready. Are they going to be following us?” Gabby asked pointing at the guards Justin was just talking to.

“Yes but they’ll be keeping their distance. You won’t even notice them” he explained.

“Are they going to be cameras?” Justin looked at her after she finished the question and he knows what she’s getting at.

“No, not officially. Unless some fans took a picture or you have a camera” he finished.

“Actually I do but that’s cool they’re mine anyway” she smiled. They started walking towards the entrance together with the bodyguard following them a few steps behind. Every step she takes- if it’s possible- her excitement increased.

“So which ride do you wanna go first?” Joey asked her.

“Ooh- ooh” Chris said raising his hand up to answer Joey’s question. “Space Mountain”

“We’re not asking you Chris” JC said laughing a little.

“I don’t mind. I like roller coasters anyway” she answered.

“Do you? Huh, never really see that in you” Justin said in a whisper.

“Just keep in mind, you really don’t know me that well…yet” she smiled back and was yanked by Chris to a ride without even seeing the name of it. The next thing she knows is she’s sitting at a one big log. Chris sat beside her much to Justin’s disappointment so he went and sit in front of her instead with Joey beside him leaving JC alone to hold their bag. He claimed he didn’t want to get his hair wet so she passed on the ride.

After a few minutes everyone is getting off of the ride laughing.

“Did you hear her? I swear that was the longest scream I’ve ever heard in my entire life” Chris said to Joey still laughing.

“What?” Joey shouted a little at Chris. “I’m sorry I think I’m deaf, this woman that sat behind me in the ride broke my eardrum” he joked looking pointedly at Gabby when e said it making Gabby punch him playfully in the shoulder.

“Seriously, that was a long scream. Were you a cheerleader in High school?” Justin asked her.  

“No, I was never a cheerleader. I was too much of a tomboy for that” she answered. “So which ride next?” she looked at everyone for answer. It was JC who gave an answer.

They went to the entrance of a ride called ‘Soarin’ the Land Pavillion, Epcott’. This time they all get to ride with Gabby sitting in the middle. It’s not a ‘pump-your-heart-so-fast’ ride unless you’re scared of heights. All in all it was a good experience seeing everything in birds eye view.

They had fun riding the rides in the park with a few breaks here and there for lunch, snacks and playing games. Justin won Gabby a cute Mickey Mouse stuff toy playing basketball.  When it started to get dark, they toned it down. Gabby asked if she could go ride the carousel. Everyone was comfortably sitting in their seat so only Justin and JC came with her.

Justin rode the ride with her leaving JC to take their pictures. In his opinion, they look so happy and look really good together. He is hoping that it will all work out for them when they finally admit their feelings to each other and get together. Justin’s lifestyle isn’t really normal. Other woman run the other way and other’s take advantage of what he can give them. Then there’s her. No one really knew her yet but she seems like a nice girl and Justin is really taken by her although he hasn’t said anything yet to any of his friends.

“So did you have fun?” Justin asked her.

“Yea I actually did. It’s everything I’ve been dreaming about and more” she answered looking around her.

“Well I’m glad I get to be part of one of your dreams coming true”

“Yeah, thank you for this. At least this dream of mine comes true” she sighed.

“Do you have other dreams that hasn’t come true?” he asked hesitantly but got no answer so he looked at her closely. What he saw broke his heart but he didn’t say anything. He really didn’t know what to say anyway. All he could see in front of him is a broken woman.

After they rode the carousel, it was time to go. It’s kind of sad but Chris reminded her that she could come back anytime she wants so that cheers her up for a bit. They decided to grab a dinner on the way home. They had a fun meal making light conversation here and there. They just basically ask everything they could think off about her. But she didn’t care, it’s good to have someone talk to like this, laugh with or joke around. She didn’t even mind that they’re asking about her life. After the dinner, the guys drop her off to her place. As soon as she got in she went upstairs to take a shower after she made sure all the locks are in place and the alarms are on.

Chapter 8: Almost... by Lalaine30
Author's Notes:
Sorry took so long.. here it goes. Let me know what you think of the story so far
The next morning she was woken up by the ringing of her phone. She saw that it was already half eleven in the morning. It was Brendan on the other line telling her that they need to meet up before tonight just to talk about how they’re going to approach this mission. She hung up after telling him that he could come over whenever. She took a shower and started cooking some food just in case he hasn’t eaten anything. An hour later she heard her doorbell rang and it was Brendan on the other side.

“So did you just wake up?” he asked walking in to her kitchen.

“Nah, when you called me I just woke up but that was a little over an hour ago” she took a beer bottle for him from the fridge. “So what are we talking about?”

He sat across from him on her kitchen island ready to hear whatever he has to say.

“Well first of all we have to talk about how we can make sure that no one would be able to see you” he looked pointedly at her. She knew what he meant even though he didn’t elaborate.

“Oh that’s ok I got that covered.” She answered but when she saw his confused look she explained more. “I decided to use that red scarf every time I have to do something like this. It’s easier coz I could hide it in my bag and use it whenever I really needed to”

“Ah, ok that’s good then. Now off to the serious stuff” they talked about the specifics about tonight. How are they gonna approach the situation or how they’re going to solve this mission without so much casualties afterwards. Before he left her they decided to meet up in the club at 8:45 tonight. She decided to clean her guns since it has been two weeks since she cleaned them. She took all of them from her hidden compartments including the one that she’s going to use tonight. She was in the middle of her cleaning when her doorbell rang again. She thought it was only a sales man so she didn’t bother hiding her weapons. She just took a piece of cloth and covered them. She was shocked however when she saw Justin outside her gate. She panicked a little thinking of her weapons lying around her living room but after a few seconds she calmed herself down and opened the gate.

“Hey Justin what are you doing here?” she asked calmly leading him inside the house.

“I just thought I’d check on what you’re doing and to invite you. Joey wanted to go to a club tonight so if you’re free will you be my date?” he asked hesitantly almost shyly.

“I’d love to really I would but I have a thing tonight so rain check?” she said.

“What thing?” he stopped walking and turned to face her when he asked.

“Oh, I have an appointment about a business I want to do and I have to talk to a person who could help me. I just don’t know how long it will last”

“Oh ok. Well if you finish early text me so I can tell you where to meet us. So what are you up to right now?” he continued walking to inside the house.

“Just cleaning. Do you want anything to drink?” she glanced at the covered weapons on her living room floor making sure that nothing is sticking out. She peered in to the fridge so she could give him something t drink.

“Cleaning what?” he was about to lift the cloth when he heard Gabby shout no behind him.

“Sorry, it’s private” she motioned for him to come to the kitchen before giving him his drink.

“So do you have any plans tomorrow?” he asked instead.

“Go to the groceries but other than that nothing much” she shrugged. She looked at him when she heard his phone ring and listened a little when he started talking although she tried not to listen.

“I got to go. That was Chris and he wanted to borrow something.”  He hung up and started to go but came back again just to drink the juice Gabby gave him then off he goes.

Gabby continued cleaning her guns as soon as Justin left. It was already a little after six in the evening. She ate something light for dinner because it can be really hard to move fast when you’re so full. So she just grabbed some salad and grilled chicken, she figured that should do it for tonight. After her dinner she started getting ready. She chose a black low rise leather pants with no distinguishing marks and a black tank top with no designs as well. She then grabs her plain black leather jacket that she can move easily to and the red scarf that she’d use to cover her head later on. She didn’t put the jacket on yet, instead she grabbed a small bag and she placed the scarf and the jacket inside. But she did put her small gun on the inner part of her ankle so that she has an easy access to it if needed. She closed the door, grabbed everything the she will need and put it in the small bag that she already have.

Instead of getting in to her car, she unlocks the small door that’s located on the far right corner of the garage. Inside of it is her bike. No one knows about her bike, it’s a blue 2008 Yamaha YZF-R1 with a matching blue helmet. It’s what she uses when she needs to be really fast. She opened the garage door and drove out in to the night as soon as she made sure the locks are in place.

She arrived at their meeting place five minutes before the agreed time. Which is a good thing because she wants to scope out the place where the exchange will take place and the area around it, noting all the exits and what can be advantage of her if she needs to escape quickly. Then she went back to where she and Brendan are supposed to meet to talk about where they’re going to position themselves for quick access to the merchandise. Brendan told her to position herself as close as she could get to the VIP table without arousing suspicions and he would stay in the background backing her up if the need arise.

By nine, the club is slowly filling up with people so she situated herself on the railing of the VIP area looking down below on the dance floor. She turned down a couple of invitation to dance from the guys that had the nerve to actually ask her. It was a little over nine thirty when the Lobregat group came in to the entrance and sat on a VIP table just behind her. Then not five minutes later the second group came in and also sat at the same VIP table behind her. After everyone got acquainted on the table and finished ordering their drink she turned around and pretended to look around but in reality she was counting how many people in both groups and then checked if there’s any other guard that’s standing by. After that, she turned around again looking down on the dance floor and spoke in to the tiny microphone that she attached to her right ear. Brendan gave it to her earlier so that they have communication.

“I counted six players sitting on the table and two unfriendly for each group. Two of them standing by the small bar under that blue poster side by side and the other two are standing in the railing as well like me. One each of my side” she said casually as if she’s singing the song playing in the speaker.

“Copy that. Can you see any opening?” Brendan asked her

“No but when I see one I’ll grab it so be ready” was the only thing she said and she heard Brendan acknowledge what she said. Something caught her eye on the dance floor and when she looked down, she was quite shock to see JC and his friends entering the club but Justin was nowhere in sight. She stepped back a little from the railing so that she’s not visible to anyone from the dance floor. Then from the corner of her eyes, she saw one of the guys from the Onyx group stood up from the table and started walking to the men’s room with a bag in hand.

“One of the ‘O’ player is moving, I will follow him take care of the others” she was already walking while she gave instruction to Brendan.

“Ok we’ll do a brush pass so I could give you your jacket and scarf” he started walking towards her and with just a blink of an eye she got her belongings without stopping. “Cover up Red and I’ll meet you at our rendezvous point in half an hour” he said on his microphone.

She rolled her eyes at the nickname that he used. Earlier, they talked about having a nickname so that no one can know who they are when they’re talking to and about each other. He thought the nickname ‘Red’ would suit her since it’s short and understandable because of her red scarf. But she thought it’s too obvious though in the end he was using it anyway.

“Copy that Blue” she answered back. She figures if she’ll be red he would be blue. On the way to the men’s bathroom she started putting on her leather jacket as she walks. She was thankful that the path was crowded and dark with only the neon signs visible and the flashes of light from the over head club light. She waited just behind the door of the men’s room for the guy and as soon as she spotted him coming out, she went to stand behind him pointing a small gun on his back.

“Don’t make any sudden movements” she whispered to his ear. “I could shoot you here right now without anyone noticing” the man stopped dead on his tracks and started to turn towards her when he heard her speak. She pressed the gun a little more to his back but she saw that he was turning. She still hasn’t covered her face because the crowd would start looking at her if she did and she doesn’t need attention right now.

“Don’t turn around and give me that bag on your hand” was the only thing she said. But the guy didn’t move. He stopped turning her way but he didn’t let go of the bag in his hand.

“Now!” He passed her the bag without turning and waited for the next thing the she will do. But after a minute, he realized she was gone so he took his radio from his belt and started shouting orders to the person on the other line.

As soon as Gabby took a hold of the bag with the weapon they were trading, she turned to the nearest exit on her left and started wrapping her head with the red scarf at the same time. As soon as she reached the outside of the exit door she shouldered the bag so that she could freely manoeuvre if needed. She started running to the car park to where she parked her bike. She just saw her bike from a distance when a gun shot rang across the car park. She stopped and turned around ready to shoot any enemies that she could see. She saw a guy stepping out beside an SUV and she didn’t waste anytime she just started firing then duck behind the nearest truck on her right with gunshots trailing behind her.

“Who ever you are, come out wherever you’re hiding and give me that bag you just took from one of my colleague” a man with a really deep voice shouted but she didn’t answer. She started looking around her for any escape routes she could use when she heard a guy protesting.

“If you don’t come out, I’ll blow this guys brain to the pavement” the man with the deep voice said again. After that it was quiet as if they’re waiting to what she’s going to do next. “I’m gonna count to three and if you don’t come out the next thing you’ll hear is gunshot. One…” he started. “Two…”

She came out of her hiding place with her hand raised and she already has a plan. She saw two guys standing side by side with the other one holding a hostage in front of him. She decided before she came out of her hiding that she’d do anything to escape with the bag even if an innocent gets killed but that train of thought stopped when she saw who the innocent is. It was Justin. She stopped dead in her tracks and for the first time in all of her mission she hesitated.

“Ok now throw that bag this way” he motioned in front of him. She looked at Justin and she could clearly see that he’s scared so she tossed the bag by the man’s foot.

“Now let him go” she said making sure that she dropped her English accent. “Blue, I have a situation at the east side of the car park. I need your help” she whispered quietly on her transceiver. “I’ll be right there” he said.

“You have your bag so let him go” she said again to the men.

“First tell us who you are. Better yet take off that scarf” the man beside the one with the deep voice said. “Come on take it off” the other guy pointed the gun at Justin and Justin looked at her with that pleading look in his eyes. She didn’t have it in her heart to reject him after all it’s her fault he’s in this situation. She took a deep breath and started unravelling her scarf.

--------------------

Justin is late in meeting his friends. He would’ve been early but he had to come back to his house to get his cell phone which he forgot at his house. He just parked his car when he heard a gunshot, at least that’s what he thought so he didn’t get out of the car yet. But he was shock when someone knocked on his window, he didn’t open the window he just looked at the guy outside. But when he took a gun out and pointed it at him it was another matter. He slowly climbs out of the car and the rest the guy drag him away.

He was so scared, the gun is pointed at his head and they were shouting at someone to come out across the parking lot. The guy with the gun started counting and when he reached two, a figure came out from behind a truck not too far from where he’s standing. He recognised that figure and it’s the person with the red scarf around the head concealing the face. The man beside him was telling the figure to unwrap her scarf. He was so scared but in a sick twisted way he was also waiting for her to do what the man is saying. He looked straight to her eyes and he could feel familiarity in it. She started unravelling the red scarf slowly and she never looked away from him. Her hair fell on her shoulder and he could clearly see that it reached her lower back and it’s straight. Her face was about to be uncovered when there was a shot that rang out of the parking lot. The guy with the gun just dropped on the floor but another shot was fired from his gun then the woman took action. She wraps the scarf again around her head then drew a gun from her ankle and without hesitation shoots the remaining guy dead.

“I’m sorry you were in the middle of this but you could go now” she told Justin when it was over.

“Who are you? I’m getting the feeling of familiarity from you. Do I know you?” Justin asked one after the other.

“You should really go” she said without answering his question then started walking towards her bike but before she could reach it her feet gave way under her.

Justin runs to her to help her stand up and he could clearly see that her left thigh is bleeding. “Can you please tell me your name?” they both stood up and she continued on her bike without as much as an ‘ouch’ from her mouth. He couldn’t do anything so he just watched her as she put the bag on the small compartment underneath the seat of her bike.

She jumped in to her bike and before she sped off, she looked at Justin for a second checking if he’s really ok. “Take Care” she said then she left him standing there. All Justin could do was following her with his eyes disappointed that he didn’t find out anything about her. He looked at the road where she disappeared to again for a moment hoping that she’s still there but after a few moment he turned around and headed to the club.

-----------------------------

Gabby arrived in their talked about rendezvous point and her partner is already waiting there. She took the bag under her bike sit and hand it to Brendan.

“What happen?” Brendan asked as soon as he got the bag from her and saw her limping.

“The guy I took the bag from probably called his guards after I took it” she shrugged.

“Yes which made the whole thing fail” he stopped for a second before continuing on “Look, I know you’re used to working alone but right now your situation is complicated that’s why you need a partner. So whether you like it or not you got to think of others when executing any mission from here onwards” he finished.

“I know and I’ll be careful next time” she assured him. It’s no use arguing now. After they talked, they went home. Brendan told her that he’s going to report about the mission to their director so she doesn’t have to worry about that for tonight anyway.

She went home and drew a bubble bath. While her tub is filling up, she took her clothes of wincing when her thigh hurt with her every move. She was about to get in to her tub, but she went to her home gym instead and try to work out the energy that she still have after the mission although her left thigh is throbbing she could put that aside since she’s used to pain anyway. She was in the middle of beating up the sandbag when she heard her landline rang.

“Hello” she answered out of breath.

“Gabby? Are you okay you sound like you’ve been running” Justin said from the other line.

“Yea I’m ok just working out. What’s up?”

“I’ve been ringing your doorbell are you gonna let me in? I’ve got dinner”

“Oh sorry, I’ll be there in a sec” she hung up the phone and went to wrap a bandage on her thigh and grab the drawstring pants by the chair before answering the door. She took the numerous food containers from Justin’s hand which she can clearly see it came from a Chinese take away.

“Did I interrupt you with something?” he asked looking at her red sports bra and gray draw strings pants following her to the kitchen.

“No, I was just trying to use all the energy that I have or else I wouldn’t be able to sleep” she answered getting a bottle of bear from the fridge and a diet coke. They both went to the den with Gabby leading the way.

“Are you ok?” he saw her twinge when she sat down in front of him on the floor.

“Yeah, I’m good I think I just pulled a muscle that’s all” she shrugged but she jumped a little when Justin exclaimed.

“Gabby, your thigh is bleeding” he put down everything he was holding on the floor and helped her stand up. He led her in to a couch on the side of the room and then run up to the bathroom to get the first aid kit.

“Justin I’m okay” she tried to stop him from pushing the pant leg up.

“Don’t be ridiculous. Where did you injure your leg anyways?” he asked watching her strip the pants down and when she was standing in front of him with just her short shorts he started looking at the wound on her thigh. When he saw the wound he stopped because something is nagging him at the back of his mind but couldn’t put his finger on it.

“I was cleaning the garage and it was caught on a protruding wire and I didn’t see it” she winced a little when Justin started cleaning the wounds. She watches him clean the wound and she couldn’t help but notice that he was so meticulous but also gentle. She was so busy watching of him she didn’t even hear her cell ringing until Justin stopped what he was doing and looked pointedly at her.

“Oh sorry” she laughed reaching for her cell on the table where she left it earlier.

“Lawson” she answered the phone.

“This is Henricksen, I just received the report of what happen tonight and I must say it’s sloppy and I’m really disappointed. I have every right to suspend you but I’m also taking in consideration that you just came back to work so I’ll let it slide just this one time” he reprimanded her.

“Thank you sir and I assure you it won’t happen again” Justin looked at her in question when he heard her.

“Anyway, there’s another reason why I’m calling you. We need you to go undercover as a bodyguard for some pop star. Apparently there’s a stealing going on and the man who called us fear that their singer is in danger”

“Who is it?” she asked cautiously since this could really put her in the spot and people might find out who she really is, especially Justin. She will tell him who she is but not right now. She’s not ready.

“I believe the singer is Mr Timberlake” he informed her.

“What?” she asked standing up from the chair ignoring Justin’s confused expression. “Lo siento, pero es ya una de mi amigo y su escolta se pondría de manifiesto lo que soy” (I'm sorry, but he's already one of my friend and being his bodyguard would reveal who I am) she started speaking in Spanish so fast Justin looked at her with wide eyes but she only gave him a small smile but continued her conversation. “No sólo eso, las cámaras pueden captar mi cara” (Not only that, cameras could capture my face)

“So I’ve heard. But you can use this to your advantage. This way we don’t have to make up any story of who you are just make sure that you are with him at all times especially when he goes on his three month tour. You also have to make sure that you wear hats or sunglasses when you know they’d be a camera around. This way, no one could get a complete picture of you. You’ve lost weight and changed your hair colour so I should be okay” Henricksen explained to her. “You just gotta be careful not to reveal who you are”

She sighs and looked at Justin before responding to Henrickson. “Understood” she finally said “I’ll do it”

“Great. We appreciate it and we’ll call you with the details or I’ll send the files with Lyle so that he could bring them to you in person” he said to her before hanging up the phone.

“Who was that?” Justin asked as soon he saw her hang up the phone.

“My boss giving me some time off work which is great.”

“That’s good. I’m going to New York this weekend for a promotion.” He informed her and she looked up because this means she has to be there with him in New York. She doesn’t know how to ask him if she could come without being suspicious. “Would you like to go?” Justin asked which gave her the chance without raising suspicions.

“Really? You wouldn’t mind? I haven’t been to New York so I would love to visit it” she smiled at him.

“Yea, I’d be there for five days but I’m only working for two. The rest I’d be meeting friends so you could join me” he offered.

“Are you really sure I won’t impose?” she asked again looking him straight.

“No, we could book two rooms in the Hyatt hotel”

“Cool, I’ll leave that to you then but can you do me a favour though, can you please book both rooms under your name” she requested. Justin looks up at her with a question in his eyes but didn’t voice it out and just agree with her.

“Thank you. I know it sounds weird and thank you for not asking” she smiled at him briefly. “Wanna have some dinner now?” she motioned upstairs to the kitchen.

“Is your leg okay now?” he stood up from the floor waiting for her to answer.

“Yea don’t worry it wont kill me” she shrugged and started going up the stairs.

After dinner Justin went home. As soon as he left, she went to take a shower and clean her leg again. Justin did a great job but she won’t be able to leave it alone unless she does it herself. After cleaning her wounds she went to bed.

Chapter 9: New York by Lalaine30

The time to leave for New York came too soon. Before she knows it she was packing her luggage and waiting for Justin to call about the time that they’re supposed to pick her up and leave. It’s going to be cold in New York since it’s already the middle of October so she packed sweaters and jeans instead of shorts and tank tops although she still packed some of those because for her those clothes are necessity. Then she moved to her bathroom to pack her toiletries. She went down to her laundry room just to make sure she didn’t leave anything. That’s when she saw her black bag containing her black leather jacket and the red scarf. She knows she needs to bring that bag but for once in her life she just want to be a regular girl like every one else. After a few moments of pause looking at the bag but not touching it, she went back upstairs but with the bag in her hand. Before she could put the bag away and close her suitcase the phone rang on the night stand.

“Hello?”

“Hey Gabby, are you ready?” Justin asked

“Just about, why? What time are you coming over?” she took the phone with her while she continued packing.

“Actually, I’m in front of your house and we have our flight in about an hour so I’m now here to pick you up”

“Really? I’m ready so just wait for five minutes but before that are you really sure you wouldn’t mind me coming with you? I mean paparazzi will be all over you when they see you with me” she explained.

“Yes I’m sure, I don’t mind. I’m actually excited in showing you New York. It will be my first time to be a tour guide”

“You don’t have to, I’ll find my way but it would be nice. I’m ready now so I’ll be coming down” she told him and waited for him to say yes before hanging up the phone.

She drags her suitcase all the way down but not after checking all the windows and electricity are turned off and locked. She did the same downstairs to all the windows and doors and also checked if the fire alarm is on. After that she checked the gas making sure it’s also off before going out of the door setting the alarm before she locked the door.

Justin greeted her just outside her gate putting her suitcase at the back of his car. “You only have one suitcase? Normally, most girls have more than one suitcase even if they’re only going away for two days” he asked when both of them got in to the car and Justin started to drive. “Nah, its New York. I’ll be shopping” they both laughed.

They arrive at the airport a few minutes later and they went straight to the first class lunge after arguing about the payment for the ticket. Justin booked the ticket yesterday without her knowledge and he won’t take any payment from her when she tried to pay him back for the ticket. But after a few seconds of argument she let it go since it looks like he’s not listening. After a few hours they arrive in New York with Gabby’s head on Justin’s shoulder. They went straight to Hyatt hotel and true to his word Justin booked the room. He could only book a suite with two bedrooms inside because the hotel is fully booked and this is the nearest hotel in all the locations that he needed to go to.

When he informed Gabby about it, she just told him that she’s not bothered by it since she knows Aikido and other martial arts. He just laughed it off and followed her to the elevators. They both have the key to the room but Gabby opened the door. The room was big and luxurious both rooms have their own bathroom so they don’t have to share it although there’s only one living room. It was already seven in the evening so they decided to eat out. While Justin called in one of his favourite restaurant to reserve them a sit she checked the whole suite noting down quick exits and possible weapons. For other people, this would seem like a paranoid thing to do but for her it’s a habit. Sometimes she doesn’t even know that she’s doing it whenever she enters a room.

They went to have dinner in an Italian restaurant. Justin got recognise twice but other than that there’s no other incident that happened. After dinner, Gabby convinced Justin to just walk back to the hotel since it’s only four blocks away. He hesitated for a bit before he starts walking with her.

“So what do you wanna see in New York City?” Justin asked after a few moments of silence.

“I definitely want to watch a basketball game although no specific teams, then there’s the statue of Liberty of course, Picnic in Central Park even if it’s just us and shopping but I could do that alone”

“That’s good. I’ll go to every place you want to go especially that picnic since you’re a good cook” he laughed. “Then we’ll watch a game. We’ll do everything you want including shopping”

“Thank You” she looked at him and smiled then they continued walking. They were near the hotel when a man stepped in front of her.

“Ella?” the man said looking straight at her with astonished and confused look in his face. When she heard that name she stopped in her tracks and looked at the man in front of her. But after a few moments of pause she checked herself and made sure that she’s not showing any reaction at all. “You must be mistaken” she told the guy and started walking again.

“No, I know it’s you Ella. Why are you hiding?” the man followed them as well when they walked faster.

“I’m sorry but my name is Gabby not Ella” she didn’t stop walking and hold on to Justin’s hand pulling him to walk faster.

“Ella I know it’s you. We’ve been looking for you for such a long time when you disappeared”

“I told you I’m not Ella. My name is Gabby so please could you leave us alone” she continued walking and entered the hotel with Justin. The guy couldn’t enter the hotel because the doorman stopped him and they didn’t stop until they are both inside the elevator.

She didn’t realise that she was still holding Justin’s hand until she looked down. She also saw that she is shaking very badly. Justin noticed this too so he put his arm around her and just hold her. When they came in to their room, she went straight to the mini bar and took out a bottle of vodka and drunk it straight from the bottle. It was almost empty when she stopped drinking which raised Justin’s eyebrow.

“Do you know that guy? He called you Ella” Justin sat in front of her watching her walk back and forth in front of him.

She didn’t answer for a while. Justin even thought she wasn’t going to answer him or even heard him at all. She was shaking and looks really scared about something but she’s not talking at all.

“Yes. I know him” was all she said after a few minutes.

“He called you Ella but your name is Gabby right?” he asked confused

“My full name is Gabriella Lawson and I used to go by Ella before I moved to Florida” she answered him.

“Why? You told him you don’t know him and you told him your name is not Ella. Why would you do that when he is right?”

“I had to but I can’t tell you right now so can we please forget about this? I can’t tell you anything at all even if I wanted to. That’s why I can’t be photographed. All I can say is I’m not a bad guy; I’m not hiding because I did something bad. I’m hiding because I have to. This is the main reason I can’t get involved with you, I can’t drag you in my life without you knowing who I really am or anything about my life. I’m going to tell you everything about that but not right now. I’m sorry” she explained.

Justin gave a heavy sigh but didn’t pursue the subject anymore. He just reached out and squeezes her hand. She smiled to show her gratitude then got up and went straight to her room leaving Justin on the coach. He stood up and went to his own room still thinking of everything that happened. She’s a really complicated girl and after everything that happened tonight she became even more complicated in his eyes. If he’s really serious with this girl he has to prepare himself for everything that might happen. After that he fell asleep thinking about her and her might be complicated life.

It was 3:49 am when he was awakened by someone screaming. He didn’t even think of anything and he just started running towards Gabby’s room. He didn’t even bother to knock, he burst in to the room and saw Gabby twisting and turning in her bed sobbing.

“Gabby wake up you’re having a bad dream” he shook her but instead of waking up she started beating at his chest pushing him away so he shook her harder.

“Justin? What are you doing here?” she woke up confused and looked around. She sat up quickly and pressed her back to the head board still looking around but this time Justin noticed she was shaking bad.

“Are you okay? You were screaming” he told her but instead of answering him she started crying. It took Justin almost ten minutes to calm her down and when she started to quiet down that’s when she started talking but didn’t pull away from him.

“I’m so tired of having nightmares every time I close my eyes. I just want to close my eyes and not see anything. I’ve been running my whole life from everything but my sub conscious is the only thing that won’t let me run and won’t let me forget”

“You could tell me I swear I won’t say anything at all. I’d keep your secret you could trust me” he said.

She pulled away so that she could look straight at him. “It’s not that I don’t trust you or that I think you can’t keep a secret. It’s because once you find out all about me there’s no turning back and you would be involve. I can’t do that to you; it may ruin your life or lose everything you have” she explained. Justin didn’t say anything but just looks back at her. “I’m sorry I woke you. I know you have to leave early”

“It’s okay. I finish at around two in the afternoon, how about we do the picnic later, I could pick you up here and we’ll go to the park and just relax. What do you think?”

“Yea okay. That would be great. The suite has its own kitchen so I could cook. I’ll let you go now and thank you for … you know” she couldn’t say it. She couldn’t say for consoling her. He just smiled and left her alone. When Justin left, she tried to get some sleep again but it’s impossible so she decided to go down the gym. She changed in to gray sports bra and cycling shorts with a white shirt on top of it. She tried to be quiet so she won’t wake Justin up when she left the suite. When she reached the lobby, there are not a lot of people around. A woman from behind the reception desk said hello and went back to her work. The gym was big and the equipments are lined up neatly along the wall. She went straight to the part where the punching bag hangs and wraps her hands with bandage. Afterwards she started punching the bag aggressively. She lost track of time, she only stopped when a few people including Justin came in to the gym. He didn’t say anything; he just stood there watching her until she noticed him.

“Hey you’re all dressed up” she greeted.

“Yea I’m on my way to do some promotion. I just wanna say bye. I didn’t see you in the room and when I asked the receptionist they said you were here. You might wanna go easy on the poor punching bag” he laughed.

“That’s sweet. I’ll see you later enjoy doing your promotion” she said breathing heavily from her exercise. After a few more minutes Justin went to do his promotion and Gabby resumed her work out.

After her work she went to take a shower and started cooking some food for their picnic later on. She decided to cook spaghetti with meatballs and also made some salad. For dessert she cooked some apple pie for a change. She put the food in small containers before putting it in a wicker basket. She still had time to relax and watch a TV for a bit before she had to meet Justin in the lobby. While watching television, her mind drifted to what happened last night and she couldn’t help but feel nervous on what’s going to happen next. But she didn’t get to continue what she was thinking since it’s already time to meet Justin. She grabs the basket and a baseball cap together with her purse on her way out of the room.

Chapter 10: Meatballs and a little revelation by Lalaine30

Justin was waiting by the reception area when she reached the lobby. He smiled when he saw her walking towards him. They got some looks from the other hotel guests and employees but they both ignored it.

“Hey are you ready?” Justin asked as soon as she reached him.

“Yeah, I got the food too” she showed him the basket she was carrying. They rode in Justin’s car with Lonnie driving.

“Hey Lonnie” Gabby greeted. “Are you coming with us?”

“Nah, I’m just going to drop you off and pick you up later. It’s your date so I don’t wanna impose” he laughed.

Gabby blushed a little by what Lonnie commented. “It’s not a date. Justin is just going to show me central park”

“Whatever you say” Lonnie said.

After a few minutes Justin and Gabby is already sitting down on the spot that they’ve found. It was under a tree surrounded by kids running around with a smile in their faces and their mother chasing them.

“This is a good spot” Justin said.

“Yeah” They took the food containers out of the basket and started to eat.

“Wow these are good” Justin said eating the meat balls.

“Thanks. So how was your promotion thing?” she took a little salad in her plate.

“It went okay just a little chaotic” 

“That’s good. At least it’s finished now”

“Yeah. How about you, are you okay now? You know from what happen last night” he asked carefully.

She looked at him for a moment before answering his question. She knows she should say something not a detailed explanation just something. The only thing is if she opens her mouth he might run away.

“Yeah, I’m okay now. Thank you for not leaving me alone last night” she smiled.

“Do you wanna clue me in?” he asked her.

She took a deep breath before continuing. “To say that I had a traumatic life is an understatement” She looked straight at him when she paused for a bit. “I’m not going to go in to a detail because even if I wanted to I can’t. So just the wash out version if that’s okay” he nodded for an answer and waited for her to continue.

She looked at the kids playing and laughing with their parents. “I never got my ‘perfect’ life. Sometimes I look at the people around me and think, ‘it’s so unfair’. And when I thought it couldn’t get any worse a much bigger bomb explodes in my way. Then it came to the point where I have to run away and hide.” She sighed.

“Why do you have to hide?” Justin asked.

She looked at Justin and thought of how she’s going to answer his question but I guess she owes him a little word of caution.

“I can’t tell you right now but I will say this, and feel free to run away afterwards. I’ll understand.” She took a deep breath and… “I’m hiding because a few people want me dead.” Justin’s eyes went wide and he wanted to press for details but he couldn’t get the words out. “I know this is serious but before you become more involved in my life or vice versa I thought I should tell you this much”

“Why? Why do people want you dead?” he couldn’t keep it anymore. This is serious and he has to say something.

“I saw something I shouldn’t have and these people want to ‘silence’ me.” She looked at him and she could clearly see the fear and concern in his eyes. “This is why I can’t be photographed because if my face comes out of a newspaper or magazine, they could find me and just by knowing me you’re life would/could be in danger and I’m telling you this now so that you would have the chance to think twice about being friends with me”

Justin took a full minute before he said anything and she just waited for him to absorb what she is saying. “I don’t know what to say” he told her but then he reached out and took her hand. “But all I know right now is I want you in my life. Even if it’s just as a friend” he said looking her in the eye. “…for now anyway” he smiled.

“I want you to understand Justin, we’re talking about your life here and I’d say it again I completely understand if you cut ties with me. I’m used to being alone in my life anyway and it wouldn’t be new” she shrugged.

“Yea but now you don’t have to be alone and I completely understand about the whole ‘my life being in danger thing’ but it would be okay. If there’s a problem we’ll talk about it.”

“Are you really sure? I don’t want you to regret anything in the end or if something bad happened.”

“I will be with you every step of the way”

She reached out and hugged him. She was just so happy that she won’t be alone anymore. Granted she couldn’t tell him everything yet but for now this will do.

“You do realise I can’t tell you everything right now but when the time comes and I can finally tell you everything I will.” She has to make sure that he understands that.

“I’ll wait for that time then” he smiled.

After the serious talk, they enjoyed the rest of their afternoon. It was about 6pm when they decided to go back to their hotel. For dinner, they just ordered room service and a movie so they could just relax. For the rest of the weekend, Justin did his job on the early mornings and he showed New York to Gabby in the afternoon. They did everything from watching a basketball to shopping. Good thing she have a lot of money because she saw a lot of stuff she wanted to buy.

When it was time to catch their plane back to Florida she has at least another suitcase added to the one she brought to New York. Justin was teasing her all the way for being such a girl and buying a lot of stuff too. When they arrived in the airport they still have another half hour to kill. She went to a magazine stand to buy a news paper when she saw the pictures in the front cover of a tabloid magazine. It was her and Justin in one of their shopping trip around New York. She should be nervous because they got her picture plastered in a front page of a magazine fro everyone to see. But after studying the picture for another minute, she could clearly see that she’s not recognizable in the picture. In fact with her baseball cap and sunglasses she looks like another girl.

Justin came to stand behind her and looked at what she was staring at in front of her.

He grabbed the magazine and looked at the picture. “Shit. I didn’t know they had our picture. I’m so sorry.” He looked at her with a little bit of concern showing in his face but he was shocked when she just smiled at him.

She took the magazine from his hand and put it back in the stand. “It’s okay Justin; I’m not recognisable anyway since I changed my hair colour and wearing a baseball cap.

Besides after telling you some of the stuff that’s going on in my life, I’m so ready. I can honestly say right now, I wouldn’t care if they find me. I finally found someone…” she looked straight at Justin. “… who would actually be there for me no matter what and I’d be damned if I’m going to give it up without a fight” she went to a chair after grabbing the New York post and paying for it. Justin followed her and sat beside her with a little smile on his face.

“You know, it would be so much better if you agree to be my girlfriend” he grinned at her and waited for her to answer him.

She looked at him for a second before rolling her eyes at him. “Don’t push it Timberlake” she said before turning to her newspaper again.

It wasn’t long after that, they heard their boarding being called through the intercom. They grabbed their carry on and went straight to the boarding gate.

End Notes:
I'm writing Chapter 11 now and I'll post it up soon. Leave me some reviews and tell me what you think so far. Thanks!
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9342