Goodbye by BSB-Chick-101
Summary: They had the perfect relationship, until it ended.
Can she say Goodbye?
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Nick
Genres: Drama
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 823 Read: 872 Published: 11/28/08 Updated: 11/28/08

1. Goodbye by BSB-Chick-101

Goodbye by BSB-Chick-101
Author's Notes:
Just a sad short one I came up with.
Goodbye

I can honestly say, you’ve been on my mind.
Since I woke up today (up today).
I look at your photograph, all the time.


She was woken up by a dreadful dream, a dream that was a reality. She stretched her arms out and put her hands in her face, against her will, replaying the events in her like a movie.

Her face lit up and she jumped with joy as she heard him call her name downstairs. She waited for him to come up to their bedroom. When he finally came into the room his face looked sad and full of wonderment.

“What’s wrong baby?” She asked, crawling over and sitting down at the edge of the bed. “Is everything alright?”

He sighed sadly and raked a hand through his locks. “Renee, there’s something we need to talk about.”

Worry took over her system. Was something wrong? Did something come up? Was he okay? What about their relationship? “What’s wrong Nick? You look like there’s something bothering you.”

He took her hands into his and helped her stand on her feet, looking intensely into her Emerald eyes. “Babe, I don’t know how to say this but I’ve been doing a lot of thinking lately about my life, my career and last but not least, us. And as much as it pains me to say this I think it would be better if we’d spend some time apart, see other people.” He explained quietly, finishing his sentence looking down at the cold floor.

Renee took a step back. Shock and sadness poisoning her heart. She swallowed the lump in her throat and chocked out the words she’d never thought she would say with him. “You’re breaking up with me, why?”

He took in another breath, this one a deep, long one. “Because I think it’ll be better if we move on and see other people. Do other things.”

Her eyes slammed shut. Hoping that this was just a horrible dream. Unfortunately, this was no dream. This killed her but she wasn’t the one who was going to going to beg him to change his mind. Her breath cracked as she drew in a big breath. “I’ll pack my stuff.”

Nick brushed his hand down her shoulder and nodded, he left the room with his head down, not saying a word. Renee turned around and started to walk toward the closet. Letting her tears swarm down her face, everything they once shared, was gone.


“Why did this happen?” she asked herself. Resting her back against the couch fabric. Was it something she’d done? Something he’d done and he was too guilty to tell her? Or maybe it was just as he said, he wanted a change. Renee patted her legs and roamed around her apartment. Hoping to find something that would take her mind off him. She found nothing.

I remember when we kissed, I still feel it on my lips.
The time that you danced with me, when no music played.
I remember the simple things, I remember till I cry.


Some friends called her, wanting her to come out, watch the new Orlando Bloom movie and go shopping, to take her mind off everything. But she knew nothing would. She was the type that needed time, but when she was with him, it was like he made her forget everything that bothered her, everything was okay when she was lying wrapped up in his arms. Nothing could happen to her when she was with him. But now, without him, she felt alone, scared and vulnerable.

The day finally came to a draw, she slipped into a baggy T-shirt and shorts. Hoping that tonight she would have a dream that wouldn’t be consumed of him. Until there was a ring at the door bell, she sprang up the slight though that he would be at the other side of her door growing more and more as she walked to the door. She unlocked the door handle and swung it open, her heart sinking even more when there was only a simple cardboard box with her name tapped to a piece of paper. Tears poured down, wondering why he didn’t even have the decency to actually give the box to her in person. Renee bent down and picked up the cold box. Locking the door and placing it on the table. There was a note attached that read.

Dear Renee,

I’m sorry about everything but this is for the better. I pray that you’ll realize it in short time. Good luck.

Nick.


By this time, a river was flooding down her face, she crumpled the note in her hands and slid down to the floor. The worst thing she feared had come true, he was gone. And nothing would convince him to come back.
End Notes:
Song credits.
Miley Cyrus -Goodbye
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9386