Incomplete by ktbspa
Summary: Crystal and her little brother Mark have lost everything. They are moved into an orphange where their lives will change forever.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 4519 Read: 6749 Published: 11/29/08 Updated: 01/18/09

1. Prologue by ktbspa

2. Chapter 1 by ktbspa

3. Chapter 2 by ktbspa

4. Chapter 3 by ktbspa

5. Chapter 4 by ktbspa

Prologue by ktbspa
-Woooooooooo... Woooooooooo... Wooooooooo...-

As the tornado sirens made their sound, I hid under my blanket, shaking; not knowing what to do. -BOOM- Thunder rolled across the green sky, lightning making no intention of stopping. Suddenly, another big boom shook the house; and I darted up. I ran out of my room, taking my blanket with me. "MARK!" I ran into the room next door. "MARK!" I yelled as I tried to shake the sleeping 5 year old awake. "MARK!" I cried again. Another flash of lightning struck and I could hear a tree falling to the ground.

At the sound of the big thud from the tree, Mark quickly woke up and clung to his sister's open arms. "Chrissy! I'm scared!" He cried into my shoulder. "It's gonna be okay!" I picked up the petite boy and quickly tried to find the stairs. I carefully made my way down them, crying out for my mother. "Mom! Where are you?!" I screamed. No answer. 'She probably can't hear.' Suddenly, there was another big boom as someone grabbed my arm and jerked me back. "AH!" I screamed. Whoever had grabbed me took me downstairs to safety. I was carefully pulled down to the back corner of the basement. Then the person spoke. "I'll be right back, STAY HERE!" The figure, looking like my mom, raced back up the stairs.

Mark and I sat back in the corner, scared to death. We had never experienced this kind of storm before and had no intention of wanting to relive it. The tornado sirens blared across the town, thunder booming every minute, lightning striking something; or even worse, someone; every other second. Where was our mom? I hugged the shaking boy in my arms and tried to calm him down. I was scared too, but I needed to be a big sister and keep Mark safe. Suddenly, another big boom ripped across the sky. I looked up, noticing that that boom sounded way too close. "Mom?" I yelled out. "MOM?" I yelled again. I heard someone running down the stairs, but then another big boom made itself clear and shook the entire house above them. I tried to listen for any movement, but couldn't hear anything except the storm finally calming down. "MOM?" I cried out. No answer. "Stay here, Mark!" I told the trembling, little boy. He nodded his head in obedience. I got up and peeked around the corner. What I saw was the most terrifying thing I had ever seen in my 18 years of living. I screamed as I made my way through broken belongings from upstairs to the figure lying on the ground. I kneeled down next to my mother and cried.
End Notes:
I hope you enjoyed the beginning!
Chapter 1 by ktbspa
12 hours later, I wished my mom goodbye as they put the last pile of dirt over her grave. Mark walked up ,tears streaming down his face, and set a bouquet of roses next to the marble stone carved with his mother's name on it. He kneeled down next to it and continued to cry. I wiped away my tears and walked up to the boy. "Mark, we need to go. Mr. Hageman is leaving. Come on."

Mr. Hageman was the manager of the Jamestown Orphanage here in Jamestown, New York. The police had taken us to him just a few hours after the storm had taken our mother away. He had asked us questions about any extended family, and well; I had to tell the truth. It may seem weird, but all of our family; including our father; had died due to some natural disaster. Some say our family is cursed. Others think it's just a matter of who's there and at what time. In the end, Mr. Hageman had told us that we would have to be put up for adoption.

I took my little brother's hand and led him over to the white Avalon. We took a seat in the back and Mr. Hageman drove us to the orphange, where we would have to stay until someone would take a chance and take us as their own. Oh, how I wished that day would come soon. I also wished Mr. Hagemen would make me and my brother a package deal, so we wouldn't be split apart.

When we got to the orphanage, I picked Mark up into my arms and looked up at the big building standing before me. It was white and had "Jamestown Orphanage" bolded out in big, black letters on the front. Mr. Hageman led us into the building. We followed him into a room that had to be his office.

"Your belongings are upstairs to the left in room 201. You may do as you please around here, except cause trouble. You understand?" I nodded. I knew not to make trouble. Especially with a man like Mr. Hageman. He was buff and seemed somewhat strict, so I knew to stay out of his way and do as I was told. "Can Mark room with me?" I asked quietly. Mr. Hageman nodded his head. "Of course. Now off you go; supper will be in an hour."

I let Mark down and took his hand. I walked out of the office and into the main hall. 'Upstairs to the left. 201'. I went over the route in my mind. I found the stairs and turned left at the top of them. I heard noises of children playing happily as I walked down the hall. Then I saw the number 201. It was right next door to what I guessed was the playroom. I took a deep breath and opened the door.

There was one bed in the far back right corner of the room, next to a window. A little bedside table was next to that. On the other side of the room was a closet and another door. I guessed that was the bathroom. Mark suddenly let go of my hand and opened the closet. "Our s'uff!" He exclaimed. He dove into the blue bag that was his and found his blankie. He wrapped it around his little body as he searched throughout the bag. He pulled out a few pairs of clothes and then stuck his head into the bag in confusion.

"Chrissy, where's everyfing else?" He asked as he turned the bag upside down to see if anything would drop out. "Maybe some of your stuff is in my bag." I grabbed the pink bag and plopped it on the bed. All I found were two sets of clothes and a hairbrush. I sighed. "I think that's all, Mark." He looked at me sadly. I checked the side pockets; just to make sure that that was all. When I opened the right one, I found a little picture. It was of my mom. Mark ran over to the bed and jumped on; wondering what his sister was holding. "Momma!" He said as he pointed at the lady. I nodded my head and looked around for a safe place to keep it. I spotted a drawer under the bedside table and decided to keep it in there. I then noticed something was stuck to the bottom of my bag, and picked it up. I smiled. 'BSB.' I thought. 'I knew you'd follow me here.' I realized it was still sticky from where it had been on my wall, and stuck it up above the bed.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. I looked up and saw an Asian girl standing there. She looked about my age. "Hi! I'm Jaime!" I got up and walked over to her. "I'm Crystal." Mark ran after his sister. "And this is Mark." Jaime scrunched down to Mark's height. "Hey there! And how old are you?" Mark slid behind me, shy. I giggled. "He's not used to meeting new people." Jaime seemed to understand. "Well, I need to get back to the little ones. So I'll see you at supper?" I nodded. "Supper." I waved her off and closed the door. 'She's nice.'
End Notes:
I hope you enjoyed the first chapter(:
Chapter 2 by ktbspa
I heard alot of commotion happening downstairs, so I went out to peek over the balcony. Mark, of course; followed. When I looked at what was happening below, I instantly knew we were missing out. "It's supper time, Mark!" I grabbed the boy's hand and skipped downstairs. I followed the other kids into the line up front. "Uhm, excuse me; but is this where you get the food?" A much older girl with blonde hair turned around. "Uh yeah. Why else would we all be standing up here?" I was a little hurt, but then I saw the girl from earlier come up. "Hey Christina, this is Crystal. She's new here." I smiled. "I'm sorry. I'm just really hungry. I missed lunch." Christina explained. Jaime got in line behind Mark and I. "So Crystal, what will it be: Turkey and mashed potatoes or lasagna and bread?" I peeked up ahead at the food that I was about to get. None of it looked that appetizing. "I guess I'll have the turkey and mashed potatoes.." I grabbed my food and then waited for Jaime to get hers. "Oh, won't Mark want something?" I shook my head. "He doesn't eat much. I can share mine."

I followed Jaime and Christina over to an empty table. "So do you know everyone here?" I asked. Jaime shook her head. "Mainly only the little kids. I help watch them every other day." I started to cut my turkey. "That's cool. What about you, Christina?" Christina looked up from her lasagna and nodded. "Pretty much. When you've been here as long as I have, you get a chance to meet everybody." She pointed over to a table near the line. "That table over there is usually where the newcomers sit. Well, if they haven't met anyone yet. You're probably lucky Jaime knocked on your door." Jaime blushed. "Oh, stop it. I was just doing the right thing." I finished cutting the turkey and moved the plate over to Mark. "Here Mark, eat up. But save a little for me, okay?" He nodded and happily stuck a piece into his mouth. "Oh Crystal! You probably wouldn't believe it if you've never been to an orphanage, but there are actually some pretty cute guys that get left behind. It's kinda sad.. But good for us!" I tried to get the thought of being left behind out of my mind and search around for any cute guys. I spotted a blonde haired guy sitting at the table next to ours and instantly knew him.

"Oh my gosh. Are you seeing who I'm seeing?!" I pointed at the table. "Who? Ohh; wait a minute. BSB fan?" Jaime asked. I laughed. "Well d'uh! But why's he here?!" Christina laughed at my question. "He works here!" I couldn't believe it. The man I've been dying to meet my entire life was sitting right at the other table! 'Maybe having mom die wasn't such a bad thing after all.' I instantly regretted thinking that, but come on; Nick Carter! I turned red. "Uh Crystal? Are you okay?" Jaime asked. I tried to calm myself down. "Yeah yeah, I just can't believe it. I mean; I know this is his hometown; but still! Do the other guys work here, too?" Christina and Jaime looked at eachother. I looked at them, waiting for a response. "We're debating on telling you that or not considering you went nuts over one of them." I stared at them in shock. "They do, don't they?!" They nodded. I was shocked. I couldn't believe it! "You should go talk to Nick!" Jaime suddenly said. I looked at them in shock again. "Are you kidding me? It's not that easy!" Jaime laughed. "It must be if your shy, little brother is."

I suddenly realized that Mark had left. I looked over at Nick and saw Mark sitting in his lap. "Oh my goodness, that's so adorable!" Christina exclaimed. "You bet it is!" Jaime added. "Oh and look! Mark is pointing at you!" I looked over at him and realized that Jaime was right. "He must be telling him you're his sister." I just stared at her. "Yeah, and that I'm completely in love with him! That little monster knows all of my secrets! Nick's gonna think I'm insane!" Jaime and Christina looked at eachother. "If he thinks your so insane, then why's he walking over here?" I shot my head up in the direction of where he had been sitting.

"Hello ladies.. I heard this little guy belongs to somebody over here." Jaime and Christina pointed at me. "Chrissy!" Mark exclaimed. "Aww, he's so cute!" Christina said. Nick put Mark down and he ran over to me. He motioned for me to bend down low. "Don't you know him, Chrissy?" I nodded my head. "Shhh though, okay?" Mark nodded. He always enjoyed whispering in ears. "So Nick, this is Crystal. Well, I guess you kinda know that already." Nick put his hand out to me. I shook it. "Hi.' He smiled. "Welcome to the Jamestown Orphanage, Crystal." Seeing that I was somewhat in a daze, Jaime whispered something in his ear. He made an "O" shape with his mouth and took the napkin that Jaime offered him. He took a pen out of his pocket and wrote something down on it. Christina slid it over to me. "There's your autograph from Nick Carter." I suddenly came out of my daze and looked at it. "Ohh, thank you so much!" Nick smiled. "No problem. Hey guys, how about you bring Crystal and Mark over to the movie room at 8?" Jaime and Christina giggled. "You got it! Want me to bring Taylor, too?" He shook his head. "Nah. We don't all need girls tonight." Jaime looked at him in shock. "I never thought I'd hear that from you, Mr. 'Girls Are Everything'." He chuckled. "Well, tonight is different." He looked over at Crystal and smiled. "I'll see ya then." Jaime and Christina said bye. "BYE NICKY!" Mark yelled after him. I laughed. "I guess we have plans tonight."
End Notes:
I hope you enjoyed the second chapter!
Chapter 3 by ktbspa
After supper, we only had an hour to get ready. "Come on, Chrissy! I wanna wash da movie!" I stopped brushing my hair to look at Mark, standing by the door impatiently. "Sorry Mark, but it's not time to go yet. We gotta wait for Jaime and Christina." Mark crossed his arms over his little chest and sat down. I went into the bathroom to look in the mirror and make sure everything was good. My brown hair was silky smooth and I had changed into a different pair of clothes: Jean capris and a light brown tank top. "Hey Mark, if you wanna change before we have to go, I suggest you get your little behind over here." I peeked outside the bathroom door and saw Mark grab a pair of clothes. I helped him change into a pair of blue shorts and a baseball shirt right in the knick of time.

"Oh my, don't you look all prettied up?" Jaime exclaimed, taking one look at me. I blushed. "You look great, too!" I said. Jaime just looked at Christina. "I may look great, but we've known them all this time. So I don't really care what I wear." Christina laughed. "Yeah, once Brian walked in on her while she was in her pj's. Ever since, she hasn't really cared much." I laughed. "Well hey, I think it's about 8 o clock." Jaime said, changing the subject. I took Mark's hand and followed Christina and Jaime downstairs.

"So the movie room is in the basement. Yeah, I don't know why they did that either." Christina explained when she saw the look on my face. We went down another flight of stairs. "Wait, so do we not have a bedtime?" I asked. "Well technically yes, but we're with the ones who help out around here. We get let off the hook sometimes." I giggled. "I see." They turned around a corner and I heard a guy laughing. I intantly knew who it was.

"Hey guys!" Jaime exclaimed when we got to the doorway. Mark slid out of my grip and ran over to Nick. "Hey little man!" Nick picked him up and then put him down and whispered in his ear, "Where's your sister?" Mark smiled and looked over at me. I tried to hide behind Jaime, but Mark ran over and pushed her aside. "Wight here!" He exclaimed. "Your brother would be soo much help around here." Jaime whispered. I gave a little laugh. "Hey girls, come on in. We don't bite." AJ said. Jaime grabbed my arm and made me follow her. She stood in front of the guys. I had a feeling what she was gonna do. "Soo guys, this is Crystal!" I managed to say hi, but it was a little too quiet, so Jaime nudged me. "Hey!" I managed to say. "Welcome to the movie room!" Brian exclaimed. "You can sit by me if you want." I didn't know what to do. Jaime nudged me again. "Go!" I went over and sat next to Brian. "Hey." Brian said. "Wow.. I'm like a huge fan of you guys." I laughed. "Oh really?" Brian asked. "Well, I'll be sure to get you an autograph before you leave." I smiled. "Cool!"

"So Mark; you like baseball?" Howie asked, eyeing his shirt. He nodded his head. "I wike to hit it!" We laughed. "Cute kid, Crystal." AJ said. I shook my head. "Oh no, he's not mine." AJ turned red. "Oh sorry, I just thought.. " I laughed. "Do I look old enough to have a kid?" He shook his head. "Uh huh, that's what I thought." I laughed. "He's my brother." Mark smiled. "Chrissy is my sissy!" He exclaimed. The guys laughed. "So peoples, what should we do?" Howie asked. Jaime eyed me; I didn't know why though. "I fot we were gonna wash a movie?" Mark asked me. "I.. I don't know, Mark. I just figured-" I stumbled. "We can if you want, little buddy." Nick said, eyeing me. "C'mere. Help me pick one out." Mark took his hand and they disappeared into another room.

"Wow, Nick is great with him." Jaime said. I myself was kind of shocked. "Yeah, Mark is usually real quiet." Howie chuckled. "Nick's been workin' here longer than any of us; any kid can capture his heart." I believed it. Just then, Mark bounded in happily with a DVD in hand. "E.T.! E.T.!" He exclaimed. He ran up to me. "Wook! It's E.T.!" I smiled. "You're favorite movie! You should go tell him thank you!" Mark ran over to Nick. "Fank you, Nicky!" Nick laughed. "You're welcome. Now, go give it to the one sitting right over there." He pointed at Kevin. Kevin inched forward so Mark would know which guy Nick was talking about. "His name is Kevin. Got it?" Mark nodded and walked over to Kevin. "Kevin?" Kevin nodded. "That's me. Watcha got for me?" Mark smiled and handed him the DVD. "Pwease?" Kevin smiled and got up. He put the DVD in. Mark's eyes lit up as he stood in front of the tv. "E.T.!! Press pway! Press pway!" Kevin did as he was told and then sat back down next to me. "Mark, honey, you might wanna back up." I said. "Hey you, get back here." Nick grabbed him and started tickling him. "Nicky stop! Nicky stop!" He said inbetween giggles. Nick finished up and sat him down on his lap.

After the movie was over, it was around 10 'o clock. Mark was asleep on Nick's lap, therefore pinning him to the ground until I got him. "Hey guys, this was fun!" I said, stretching. "But now I'm pooped and need rest." Christina giggled. "I think we all do. Including Nick." I looked over at him and saw him starting to doze off. "Aw; look at Mark!" Nick looked down and saw him with his thumb in his mouth. "Here, I'll take him so you can get up." I carefully lifted Mark up into my arms. He moved a little, but then fell back asleep. "Well, I guess we'll see you guys tomorrow." Jaime, Christina and I all headed for the door. "Hold up." We stopped and turned around. "Yes?" Jaime asked. "Where's our hugs? You don't just leave without giving us hugs!" Jaime bounded over to Kevin and gave him a hug. Then she waved us over to do the same to all the guys. I tried my best to hug them while I had a sleeping kid in my arms. "Goodnight, guys!"
End Notes:
I hope you enjoyed itt.
Chapter 4 by ktbspa
Author's Notes:
This chapter isn't quite yet finished, but I decided to post it anyway.
The next morning; I woke up to Mark screaming happily and jumping up and down on my bed. "Chrissy! Chrissy! Get up! Get up!" I opened my eyes and Mark's face instantly lit up. "Chrissy! Come on!" I gave him a confused look. He got off the bed and headed for the door. "Mark, wait! Where are you going?" He stuck up his hands. "Where do you fink I'm going?" I chuckled. "Nowhere without me. Come back in here." Mark sighed and sat down by the foot of the bed.

I got up and took a quick shower. I changed into the other pair of clothes that were in my bag and brushed my hair. As soon as Mark saw that I was ready, he ran over to the door again. "Mark, where exactly are you wanting to go?" I laughed. "I wanna see Nicky, Chrissy!" I thought about how Nick works here and wondered if he'd be busy or not. He probably would be; considering the orphanage is full of kids. "Maybe he'll be down at breakfast. Let's go."

We walked down to the cafeteria and looked around. I saw Kevin and Brian helping a few kids get their breakfast and find a place to sit. I decided not to disturb them. I looked the other direction and saw Christina sitting down at the table we ate at yesterday. I walked up to her. "Hey!" She looked up from her plate. "Hey! Want some food?" I shook my head, not really hungry. "Mark, you want pancakes?" He nodded his head, staring at Christina's plate. "Well here, I'll take you." Christina took his hand as I sat down at the table and looked around for Jaime."Hey Crystal, aren't you gonna eat?" I turned around and saw Howie holding a littl girl in his arms. She looked about two years old. "Aww, who's she?" Howie smiled. "This is Annabell. Can you say hi, Bella?" The little girl shook her head, smiling; and faced the other way. "She's a little shy, I guess. Well, I need to get her back to her group; so I'll talk to you later, okay?" I said okay as he walked over to a different table.

I looked over at the line and didn't see Mark or Christina. 'I wonder where they went..' Suddenly, I saw a little boy running up to me. "Pancakes! Pancakes!' Mark exclaimed. Christina followed him, laughing. She set the plate of food on the table. I picked Mark up on my lap so he could eat. "There ya go, Mark. Eat up."

After Mark was finished eating, I spotted Jaime with a train of little ones following her. She wound them in and out of the tables, heading to the front. "Haha, look!" I exclaimed. Christina turned her head and giggled. "She's always thinking of new ways to entertain them. She's a real hard worker." I thought about that and thought of something. "Hey, what's it take to become a worker like you or Jaime?" Christina smiled. "Not much, really. You just gotta be over 15 years old." I was shocked. "That's it?" Christina shook her head. "Haha pretty much. Have you ever babysat?" I looked at Mark. Christina did, too and exclaimed, "Wow, whatta stupid question." I giggled. "I've cared for Mark more than my mom ever has, to be honest. I'm like his mother." Mark glanced up from his glass of milk and smirked. "Aww, well I'm almost 100% sure you'd be able to work here. You should think about it and I can talk to one of the guys about it." I nodded my head and said okay.

After breakfast, I took Mark back up to our room. "Chrissy, I wanna see Nicky!" he complained. I sighed. I did, too. "I'm sorry, hun, but he's working right now. Maybe in a few hours, okay?" He nodded sadly and jumped up on the bed beside me. He looked around the room and then rubbed his eyes. "Somebody's sleepy!" I giggled. "Not me!" Mark exclaimed, yawning. "Yes, you! Let's take a nap and I promise when we wake up, we can go see Nicky, okay?" Mark smiled and closed his eyes. I looked up at the ceiling, thinking about what Christina had said. It wouldn't be that bad to work here, and plus, I'd get to see the guys more often, I bet. But what about Mark? I thought about him staying with Nick, but switched over to a reoccuring thought/dream...

I dashed down the dark pathway in the pouring rain, panting from the long run. The rain pelted me in the face as I turned onto another street. I could see a few cars down the road and stopped. 'I should be safe here. There's people.' I dared to look behind me into the darkness. I tried not to let my eyes vision any creature or human being coming to me. I turned around back the other way and began to walk towards the lights. I could see a sign of a restaurant up ahead. "The Lighthouse". It looked really fancy, so I sat down on the bench outside it. I watched a few people pass by every now and then, enjoying their Saturday night. How I wished I could enjoy my Saturday night without fearing my mind. My mind was made up of dark, evil creatures trying to make their way out. Only certain things could keep me sane for the time being. Right now, it was the lights and sounds from the building behind me. I could hear adults laughing while they talked about their days at work, little kids asking for more fries, and waitors and waitresses requesting a new drink.

Then I heard it.

His voice.

My angel's voice.

"I don't know what he does to make you cry, but I'll be there to make you smile."

I listened harder and looked around, anxious to know if it was my mind or if it was reality.

"I don't have a fancy car. To get to you I'd walk a thousand miles."

I looked inside the restaurant from the window, but couldn't see him. I decided to go into the little room right inside and take a closer look. Once inside, I glanced up at the speaker in the corner and sighed. 'It's just a recording..' Saddened, I trudged back out to the bench.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9389