Issues as Usual by exclusive
Summary: Response to the February picture Challenge.
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Howie, Kevin, Nick
Genres: Dramedy
Warnings: None
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1055 Read: 1022 Published: 02/23/09 Updated: 02/23/09
Story Notes:
Even though I always thought Nick looked great, he obviously wasn’t feeling his best at the time this pic was taken (2006). In light of his recent news and everything he’s shared with us, I thought I would try and work those elements into this challenge. I love the guy dearly and think he’s done an amazing job and I hope he keeps up the good work. Anyway, hope you enjoy, the challenge was to write dialogue only…eek! lol

1. Chapter 1 by exclusive

Chapter 1 by exclusive
“Seriously, you’re really going to say that to me?”

“What? It’s not a bad thing, I just said it as an aside.”

“An aside? Well why don’t you ‘aside’ it to our bodyguard, he’s not wearing a shirt either!”

“Yeah but he’s the one taking the picture.”

“The one behind the camera…”

“Well –”

“Oh, so that’s how it is. Mr. Body Beautiful circa ’98 don’t wanna take a picture with the fat kid, I see. Ruin your reputation right?”

“Guys, are we going to take the picture here or what?”

“Hold on a sec D –”

“Yeah we got to help Nick with his insecurities again.”

“Dayum, that was cold. I think I’m gonna let you two work this one out, I’ll be inside.”

“Again? I wouldn’t have these insecurities if people didn’t shove them in my face all the damn time Kevin.”

“I didn’t shove anything in your face, I just simply asked if you wanted to put a shirt on.”

“And that’s not a bad thing?”

“Ugh, you know? I’m with Keith, I’ll be waiting inside. When you two have figured this out, come get me.”

“See, now we lost Howie and Keith because of your stupid comment.”

“How was it stupid? I only said it because both of us were wearing t-shirts and you’re runnin’ around half naked, I just made a suggestion.”

“We’re men, on a boat in the middle of the ocean, on a supposed ‘birthday vacation’ for me…am I not allowed to have my shirt off, or am I offending the fish?”

“God, I swear the older you get the more dramatic you are. It’s a t-shirt for Christ’s sake.”

“…”

“Look kiddo, honest to God I didn’t mean anything by it, I wouldn’t be that stupid.”

“What is that supposed to mean?”

“It means that I wouldn’t be stupid enough to put you down like that now. I know how much you hate when people point out your weight.”

“Pfft, that never stopped you from sayin’ shit like that when I was a kid…when it hurt more.”

“Does it not hurt to hear it now?”

“…”

“Don’t just shrug your shoulders at me. Like you hate being called fat, which I still didn’t do by the way – ”

“You insinuated.”

“I didn’t insinuate anything. What I was saying though was, like you hate being called fat, I hate when you shut me out. That happens far too often lately little man, what the hell is going on with you?”

“Nothing is going on with me other than the fact I didn’t appreciate the comment. That’s all.”

“Alright dually noted. But first of all I don’t believe that nothing is going on with you because you just seem to be so defensive all the time, and second of all, I apologize if I hurt your feelings.”

“Wow… you’re really apologizing right now?”

“You act as if it never happens.”

“It doesn’t for me!”

“Whatever Nick, then take advantage of this moment because yes, I’m sorry. The whole point of this trip was to lift your spirits a little, and help you relax. You’ve had a rough couple years kiddo, and the last thing I wanted to do on this trip, was make you feel bad.”

“Too late.”

“Look Nicky I’m sorry okay – ”

“No, no. I meant that I feel bad already. Just…on my own.”

“Why?”

“I don’t know, I’ve been thinking too much about things. I’m starting to hate me.”

“I don’t like when you talk like that Nick.”

“It’s the truth though. I was surprised you and Howie even arranged this trip for me without sending me by myself. I’ve been kind of an asshole lately, and I know you’ve all gotten the brunt of my personal issues.”

“You’ve been dealin’ with a lot.”

“Doesn’t mean I got to take it out on everybody else.”

“Well, that’s very wise of you.”

“I’ve been reading. Reading is knowledge, knowledge is power. Read-ing rain-BOW!”

“Ha! So The Da Vinci Code is making you wise?”

“No, I’ve been reading other things, thank you very much.”

“Hm, good to know. When we get home, remind me about this conversation, I have a book that I’ve been meaning to give to you.”

“Okay, cool.”

“…”

“Speaking of home, is that going to be permanent placement for you from now on Kev?”

“No, we got probowl remember?”

“I know that, I’m talking about what you said earlier this year. That this might be it for you. You’re not still thinking about that are you?”

“Yes, but I’m surprised you are too.”

“It’s a big deal Kev. I’ll be honest with you, I don’t really want you to leave.”

“How ‘bout we have a limit to one heavy discussion a night, is that okay with you? I promise when I really think about leavin’ you’ll know. In the meantime, don’t keep knockin’ yourself down with your family’s crap, you’re only punishing yourself by doin’ that. You’re a great guy, and you just need to take care of yourself first, okay? I’m tired of seein’ you so down all the time.”

“I know Kev, I know.”

“Alright, I assume since you two are hugging we can take this stupid picture now?”

“Yes Howie we can take the picture now, what’s in your hand?”

“A T-shirt from Nicky’s luggage.”

“Eh he doesn’t need – wait a second, that’s my Def Leopard t-shirt. I’ve been lookin’ everywhere for that, what’s it doin’ in your luggage?”

“I dunno, you need to keep an eye your shit Kev.”

“Well I don’t want it now, it’s probably all stretched out anyway.”

“Oooh, you better wipe that smile off your face Richardson, ya smartass.”

“All in good fun Nicky.”

“Alright we ready guys?”

“Here Keith, catch! Put that shirt on please I’m tired of lookin’ at your farmers tan.”

“Gee, thanks Kev. And wipe that damn smirk off your face Carter. Alright, here we go, 1, 2, 3…”
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9604