Where's Nick? by angelfromafrica
Summary: They saw the body, they were certain it was Nick... that was until he called them and asked them what they wanted on their pizzas... was this really Nick or were they all just going mad??
Categories: Fanfiction > Music > NSYNC, Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Group
Genres: Dramedy
Warnings: Death, Graphic Violence
Challenges:
Series: Death of a Backstreet Boy
Chapters: 13 Completed: Yes Word count: 13895 Read: 25839 Published: 03/18/09 Updated: 03/18/09
Story Notes:
A BSB fic with a bit of Nsync crossover...

1. Part 1 by angelfromafrica

2. Part 2 by angelfromafrica

3. Part 3 by angelfromafrica

4. Part 4 by angelfromafrica

5. Part 5 by angelfromafrica

6. Part 6 by angelfromafrica

7. Part7 by angelfromafrica

8. Part 8 by angelfromafrica

9. Part 9 by angelfromafrica

10. Part 10 by angelfromafrica

11. Part 11 by angelfromafrica

12. Part 12 by angelfromafrica

13. Part 13 by angelfromafrica

Part 1 by angelfromafrica
Author's Notes:
Here is my story 'Where's Nick' it was posted a few other places but I think I should post it here :)
Where’s Nick?
Part 1.

The only sound that could be heard in old Victorian Style mansion was the sound of soft singing. If one strained their ears enough they could have told you that the voice that could be heard was that of AJ McLean. Another sound that could be heard in the house was that of footsteps.
Brian Littrell paced hungrily up and down the corridor every two minutes stealing an angry glance at the phone. Where the hell is Nick? He kept asking himself. Brian paced for a few more minutes, every minute that passed his stomach’s grumbling got louder and louder.
R-R-RING! R-R-RING! Brian found himself jumping at the sound of the phone, but quickly recomposed himself and reached over to pick up the phone. If that’s Nick, he’s dead meat, Brian thought as he picked it up.
“Hello?” He said, or rather barked, quite angrily down the phone.
“Is this Mr. Brian Littrell?” Asked a hard voice from the other end.
“Yes?” Brian replied curiously, once he realized that it wasn’t Nick’s voice.
“I’m Officer Pearle, calling on behalf of the police department to say that a body was found today and we’d like you to come down and identify it,” the man, Officer Pearle, said.
Brian stopped, and as he did so he could swear so did AJ’s singing. “What do you mean?” Brian asked the officer, and there was a pause.
“Well,” the officer began, “The body that was found is suspected to be that of Nick Carter, you do know this Nick yes?”
Brian slowly nodded, “Uh, uh.” He was trying to fathom the idea of Nick, dead in a ditch. No wonder he hadn’t been back so quick.
“Mr. Littrell?” Officer Pearle asked, realizing that Brian hadn’t said anything.
“Yes? Don’t worry we’ll be there in half an hour,” Brian replied and hung up. He was shocked at what he’d just heard.
“Hey B-rok, who was that? I hope it was Nick with the food I’m starving,” Howie Dorough said entering the room and looking quizzically at Brian.
“That was the police,” Brian managed to say after a while.
“The police? What did they want?” Howie asked, now definitely confused. Brian looked up at his friend and just as he did so Kevin Richardson and AJ walked into the room.
“They found Nick’s body, and they want us to go in and identify it.”

All the guys could not believe it, the body they had just seen was definitely Nick’s. There was no mistaking it; it had the same blue eyes, and the same blonde hair.
As they drove back to the house in silence they wondered how on earth they would break the news to their manager and Nick’s family.
“We could just tell them he’s sick,” AJ said, trying to avoid the subject to telling anyone about what they’d just seen.
Kevin, the oldest of the group, shook his head. “No, they’d figure it out after a while that we were lying when he didn’t turn up for shows,” Kevin said, and Brian nodded in agreement.
“Yeah, Kev’s right. We need to come up with a better excuse than that,” Brian replied and they all nodded in agreement.
“Why don’t we just tell them the truth?” Howie said, and the others looked at him doubtfully.
“What truth D?” AJ asked him, “We don’t even know the truth.”
“Well we know he’s dead,” Howie said stopping everyone by announcing the reality. They all agreed and there was a short silence.
“Look,” Brian said after a while, “Why don’t we just go home and get some rest? I’m sure everything will clear up in the morning.” The others nodded in agreement at this suggestion and Kevin told the driver to take them home.
They drove up the long and narrow road back to the villa. As they drove Brian couldn’t help wondering how strange it was that Nick was found dead. He hadn’t even expected it, no one had. Just then their long silence was interrupted by the sound of Brian’s phone ringing.
“Hello?” Brian asked lazily, not bothering to sound cheery, because he wasn’t.
“Hey rok?” asked the voice on the other end, and Brian sat right up. “What was it you wanted on that pizza again?”
“Nick?” Brian couldn’t help asking.
“Yeah dumbass, of course it’s me, who’d you expect it was?” Nick’s voice asked laughing.
“But it can’t be, you’re dead,” Brian said in reply.
“If I was dead would I be talking to you now?” Nick’s voice asked again, and Brian shook his head.
“No, but we saw the body...” Brian began but he was cut off.
“Hah rok, you crack me up. See you guys in a bit, and tell Bone not to go through my things! Bye!” And the phone left dead. For a minute Brian just sat there staring at the phone in utter shock.
“Who was that man?” Kevin asked after he saw Brian not responding.
“Rok?” AJ asked, he too had seen the shock in Brian’s face.
Brian looked up at his friends, “That was Nick and he wanted to know what type of pizza we wanted.”
Part 2 by angelfromafrica
Where’s Nick.
Part 2.

“Are you sure it was Nick?” AJ asked Brian for the hundredth time as they walked into the mansion. Brian nodded in frustration and walked into the living room.
“Yes Bone, I’ve already told you that. It sounded EXACTLY like him,” Brian said, he was still confused as to if the person who had called him earlier was truly Nick.
“It can’t be,” Kevin said, “That’s impossible, we saw the body, TWICE.” That was true; the boys had turned round and went to re-identify the body to make sure it was Nick’s.
“Kev’s right rok,” Howie replied walking into the room and flopping down on one of the old sofas.
Brian sighed with frustration, “I know guys. But what if?”
“What if what rok?” AJ asked, “There is no way it could have been Nick, Nick is dead.” He said this as if it was set in stone, Brian frowned.
“Are you sure it was even Nick?” Kevin asked, Brian nodded and threw his hands up in the air.
“Of course I am Kev! I’ve known Nick for long enough to know what he sounds like on the phone!” Brian snapped back, he was getting agitated by all this. How could they not believe him? “He even called from Nick’s cell,” Brian added after a while and all the guys looked at him.
“What?” Howie asked shocked, “How’s that possible? The cops gave us everything Nick had on him, including his cell.” Howie then proceeded to pull out a shiny silver Motorola phone from a clear plastic bag.
“Shit, that is weird,” AJ replied, and walked over to Howie. He took the phone from his friend’s hands and examined it. “Yup, this is Nick’s alright.”
“Shit,” said Brian after a while. Then he looked at the others, “What’ll we do if this new Nick comes back?” They all shrugged in reply. They didn’t know, all they could do was sit and wait.

As the creaky old door opened, all of the four guys sat up right. They wondered what they were going to say to this new Nick, but they didn’t have to worry.
“Hey guys!” This new Nick said as he entered the room. “What’s up? Hope you’re all hungry! I know I am, hey Bone what’s cracking?” They all stared in utter amazement, he looked EXACTLY like Nick.
“Um, hi Nicky…” Kevin began trying to break the ice. “So what type of pizza did you get?”
The new Nick laughed at Kevin’s comment. “The type you asked for dumbass!” He said and plonked the pizzas that he was carrying onto the coffee table and sat down next to Howie. Kevin noticed Howie move an inch away. “Hey D man, what ya afraid of? I’m not going to bite!” The new Nick laughed and moved towards Howie and put an arm around him like they were long lost buddies.
“Um, why don’t we dig in guys?” Brian said, and moved in for a slice.
“Actually I’m not that hungry, I think I’ll be off to bed,” Howie replied getting up and heading for the door. “Sorry guys.”
Once he was gone the new Nick spoke up, “Man what’s his problem?”
“He’s most probably tired, you know him. Don’t take it personally,” Brian said, he sat himself where Howie once sat. “So why don’t we all dig in?”

Later, after they had all eaten, Brian decided to go and check on Howie to ask what had been bugging him. He left AJ and Kevin to deal with the new Nick. Brian found Howie in his room writing some new material.
“Hey D,” Brian said coming into the room. “Mind if I come in? What’s bugging ya?” Howie looked up from his writing and smiled halfly and Brian.
“I don’t know rok,” Howie said putting his notes down. “There’s just something off about that Nick that I don’t like.”
Brian nodded and sat down next to his friend, “I know what you mean D, even I wasn’t feeling the same Nick vibes.”
“I mean, he didn’t even find it odd that you asked about the body or anything,” Howie said looking at Brian. “I don’t know rok, there’s something fishy going on.”
“I agree with you D,” Brian replied. “There is definitely something fishy going on there.”
Part 3 by angelfromafrica
Where’s Nick?
Part 3.

Brian could swear he heard a noise coming from Nick’s room, a sort of low chatter. Yet as he walked past the room, the chatter seemed to disappear.
Wow that’s odd, Brian thought to himself, I could swear I heard Nick talking to someone a minute ago. Brian and the others had finally accepted to calling this new guy Nick. Even though they felt very uncomfortable with it they thought it may heed to any unneeded tension.
Even though the new Nick, looked and sounded like the old Nick, there was still something not right. Something that Brian couldn’t quite put his finger on.
“Nicky?” Brian asked, tapping lightly on his younger friend’s door. There was a muffle of noises as the new Nick tried to recompose himself to answer the door.
“Who’s there?” Nick’s voice barked, it was a tone of voice that the old Nick would have never used. Brian was taken aback.
“It’s me Brian,” Brian replied as he leaned closer to the door. “Are you ok in there?”
“Yeah, I’m fine!” Nick’s voice barked back. “Just a bit busy, come back later ok?”
Brian sighed, this was not how the old Nick would have acted. “Okay then,” he replied and began to walk away, but just as he did so the chatter started again. It was as if the new Nick had something up his sleeve, something he did not want the others to hear. Brian wondered what it could be as he slowly made his way back down the hall to his room.

“Have you guys noticed how odd Nick’s been acting lately?” Kevin asked walking into the kitchen the following day.
“Yeah,” Brian replied, “Yesterday I went up to his room and he was chattering on the phone and when I walked past he stopped talking and barked at me to leave him alone.”
“That’s not like Nick,” Kevin said nodding in agreement.
“You guys are just hallucinating,” AJ said, as he picked up an apple and began to eat it.
“That THING up there is not Nick,” Howie said rather suddenly and the other guys looked at him.
“D man, just lay off him. I’m sure Nick’s just not feeling himself,” AJ snapped and threw the remainder of his apple into the trash.
“Yeah D, what’s up? You’ve been acting so unfriendly towards Nicky,” Brian agreed but Howie shook his head.
“Yeah, but that is not Nick. I’m sure of it, I wouldn’t be like this if it were,” Howie replied, he was sure to get the others to agree.
“You know,” Kevin began nodding. “I mean it is a bit odd the way Nick has been acting, we should at least consider it.”
“Consider what?” AJ asked, “There is nothing to consider, that is our brother. End of story.” He nodded adamantly and then stormed out to go find Nick.
Kevin shook his head, “I still think we should take into consideration the way Nicky has been acting lately.”
“Yeah man,” Brian agreed. “I’m still baffled at the way he talked to me, that’s just not Nick.”
“You’re right rok. Nicky would never talk to you like that,” Howie said, still a bit bitter. Kevin and Brian looked at him.
“So what do we do?” Brian asked, “Coz we even have to get Bone to see it.”
Kevin nodded slowly, “Yeah don’t worry about that, he’ll come around. I don’t know what to say about Nicky, but we got to do something…” He stopped and both Brian and Howie looked in the direction Kevin had, the new Nick had just walked in.
“Hey guys,” he said with a smile, “What’s up? What’s going on with Bone?”
The three men shrugged. “I don’t know,” Brian lied, “Anyways let get a move on or we’ll be late.” He got up and walked out of the room.
“Yeah rok, wait for us,” Kevin replied and he and Howie followed him. As the three of them left the room they did not notice the evil smile that was planted on Nick’s lips, he was in at last.
Part 4 by angelfromafrica
Where’s Nick?
Part 4.

As the boys rehearsed later that day, getting ready for the night’s show Brian couldn’t help but wonder if Nick really who he said he was. Brian noticed that this Nick wasn’t dancing or singing like the Nick fans knew and loved.
I wonder what’s up with him, Brian thought as he grabbed a chair to start rehearsing for the “All I Have to Give” routine.
“Hey rok, you’re quiet today,” Nick said walking up to him and throwing an arm around his friend. “What’s up?”
Brian shrugged himself away and looked at Nick, “Nothing man just worried about the show tonight.” Brian tried to give him a small smile but it didn’t work.
“Are you sure rok?” Nick asked, “Coz you’ve been acting odd like D.” Nick gave Brian an odd look.
“Don’t worry about D,” Brian said, and noticed his words came out rather harshly, “Just worry about perfecting your dance moves. They’re not as good today.”
“Whoa!” Nick replied taking a step back. “Take a chill pill rok; I’m just a bit sleepy that’s all it’ll pick up.”
Brian glared at him, “Yeah well I hope it doesn’t cost us a show!” And without saying much else, because he was too damn ticked off, Brian walked towards the rest of the group.

Kevin frowned as he watched his cousin yell at Nick, it was not usual that the two of the fought like that.
“Hey cus, what happened?” Kevin asked as Brian strode towards them. Brian turned and gave Kevin a huffy look.
“That Nick!” Was all Brian said and he turned to Howie, “You were right D, I agree with you I don’t like that THING.” He whispered the last part just so he wouldn’t be heard, but AJ caught it.
“Hey dude, don’t talk about Nicky like that! He’s our brother, not a thing!” AJ snapped. He was the only one of the guys who believed that Nick was who he said he was. Even if he’d thought otherwise, AJ would have still treated Nick as a brother, because it was the right thing to do.
“Oh come on Bone!” Brian said in a low tone, “I mean look at it, you really believe that is the Nick we know and love?”
AJ glared at Brian through his sunglasses, “Yeah I do. He may not act normal, but to me that’s Nick.” Brian snorted in reply, was AJ kidding? But then again AJ had been spending a lot more time with this new Nick than any of the others, maybe he was trying to show Nick a compassion that the others refused to.
“Yeah that’s exactly it, he’s not normal,” Brian replied, and looked at Howie for back up.
“Yeah man, he’s not acting like Nick,” Howie said and they didn’t argue with that, which was not how Nick would usually act. “He doesn’t even sing like Nick,” Howie added in a hushed voice.
AJ looked at them both with disbelief, then to Kevin. “Kev do you agree with them?” He asked and Kevin threw his hands up in defense.
“I don’t know,” Kevin replied with a bit of uncertainty in his voice.
“You guys are acting ridiculous. Nick is most probably just not feeling well, you guys should just let him be,” AJ replied once he realized Kevin wasn’t going to go against his cousin’s views.
“Bone, I think we should at least talk to him. Air our concerns,” Kevin replied, trying to calm AJ down.
AJ nodded, “Yeah then once we do you can all stop being silly about this and we can get a move on!” He looked at Brian and Howie who nodded in reply, they wanted to get a chance to show AJ the truth.

“Hey Nicky!” AJ yelled after a while and the new Nick looked over to them from the other side of the stage where he was busy talking on his phone.
“What is it Bone?” the new Nick asked with a bit of irritation in his voice that only Brian, Howie and Kevin caught.
“Get your skinny ass over here, we have to have a group meeting!” AJ yelled back and Nick nodded.
Nick mumbled something into the phone and walked over. “Yeah guys what is it?” He asked with a bit of curiosity in his voice. The guys eyed him suspiciously.
“Rok, D and Kev wanted to know why you’ve been acting so off lately,” AJ said coming straight to the point. Nick looked at them, and Brian could swear he saw a bit of a glare in his eyes.
“Yeah?” Nick asked, with a slight coldness in his voice. “Well I told you, I’ve not been getting enough sleep.”
“That’s what I said,” AJ replied with a hint of satisfaction in his voice, he turned to face the others. “Happy now?” They nodded in unison.
“I’m glad at least one of you guys supports me,” Nick snapped, “I would like to have a bit more support from the rest of my brothers.” And without saying another word he and AJ walked off.
“He’s not our brother,” Howie grumbled under his breath as they walked away, and Brian nodded in agreement.
“You’re right there D, he’s not.”

Later on, after the show, when they were all back at the mansion an unspoken tension hung in the air. AJ was still mad at the others for thinking wrong about Nick. Yes, Nick wasn’t acting right, but he was still Nick, no matter what.
“Nicky?” AJ asked looking up from the magazine he was reading at Nick who was sitting at the table munching on some cereal.
“Yeah?” Nick replied though mouthfuls not looking up at AJ.
“Is there any reason for the others to be acting oddly around you? I mean, you’re not even bothered by it,” AJ said, Nick shrugged his shoulders and continued eating.
“Why should I be? Let them believe their own delusions,” Nick replied, finishing off his cereal he got up and put the bowl in the sink.
AJ looked at him skeptically, “But there’s no reason why they should be thinking like that right?” He was beginning to act doubtful himself. Nick nodded, and walked over to AJ sitting next to him on the couch.
“Bone, there is no reason why they should be worried. Why are you starting to believe them too?” Nick asked, he cackled at the absurdity of AJ’s thought.
AJ shook his head, “No of course not. You are my brother, why would I think of you like that?” Nick looked at AJ and smiled, but it was not a usual Nick smile. There was something that sent chills down AJ’s spine about it.
“You know how D is like; he’s always trying to say things against me. He’s even turned rok and Kev against me, I always had a feeling he never liked me,” Nick said quietly in case the others heard.
AJ looked at him doubtfully, “That’s not true Nicky. D has always liked you, we all have.”
Nick looked at AJ and smiled, “its okay Bone, no need to make me feel better.” AJ sighed, giving up.
“If you say so,” he replied and picked up his magazine again. “I just want you to know that I don’t think like D, I believe that you truly aren’t just feeling well,” AJ added as he began to read again.
Nick smiled, “Yeah you’re right Bone. I haven’t been feeling well. Not at all.”
Part 5 by angelfromafrica
Where’s Nick?
Part 5.

AJ knew he should believe that Nick was Nick, but ever since their conversation the night before he’d been having doubts. Now he was truly seeing what Howie meant. What Nick had said to AJ the night before was strangely haunting him.
What did Nick mean? AJ asked himself as he got out of bed. He knows Howie has always been there for him. AJ frowned as he pulled on a pair of jeans and slowly made his way to the bathroom. He knew he should believe Nick, but he just couldn’t. As he got into the brushed his teeth, he shook his head. This was all too weird for him.
He had been willing to believe that Nick was who he said he was the night he came back with the pizza, but now he had his doubts. Maybe, AJ thought, I should ask Howie if what Nick said is true, if it is then I know Nick is Nick, if not well then I don’t know what to think.

As AJ approached Howie, he knew that what Nick had said was false but he still had to ask. He walked over to his older friend and sat down beside him at the table.
“Hey D,” AJ said as he reached across the table for an apple.
“Hey,” Howie said without looking up from his cereal. There was a silence before either one of them spoke again.
“So…” AJ began as he nervously chewed on the apple.
“So…” Howie repeated, still not looking up.
“I was talking to Nick last night...” AJ began and Howie looked at him unimpressed.
“And?” He asked without much interest, he did not care what this new Nick had to say.
“Well, he said that you never liked him is that true?” AJ asked looking at Howie. Howie shook his head.
“No. I mean I love our old Nick, but I don’t like this new one. So yes, I guess you can say that it is true,” Howie replied giving AJ a wry look. “Don’t mix it up though Bone, I have always liked Nick, just not this Nick.” Howie went back to his cereal.
“So what he said isn’t true, presuming this is the Old Nick?” AJ asked, just to make sure he hadn’t mixed it up. Howie looked back up at him and nodded.
“Yeah, I mean PRESUMING that is Nick, which I highly doubt it is, then yeah I like Nick, always have, always will,” Howie replied as he caught a sigh of relief coming from AJ.
“Good,” AJ said and he stood up. “Just wanted to clear that up.” Howie reached out and grabbed AJ’s jacket just as he was about to leave.
“Wait Bone,” Howie said and AJ turned to look at him. “Don’t let that thing fool you into believing its Nick. Because you know as well as I do, that it’s not.”
AJ looked at his friend and nodded, “I know D, I know.”

Now AJ was even more confused, but as he spent time with Nick, his thoughts about what Howie had said was beginning to clear things up. Nick was truly beginning to act different, everything anyone else would say he would throw it down. To make matters even stranger he would snap at everyone including Brian, which was not normal Nick behavior.
“Rok! Hurry up or we’ll be late!” Nick barked up the stairs, he was dressed as none of them had ever seen Nick dress before. In a full fledged suit with a bow tie.
“Calm down Nicky,” AJ said trying to calm him down. Nick spun around to face him.
“Calm down?” Nick repeated. “It may not matter to you, but to me if we are late it costs us a whole lot of inventory!” AJ stepped back as Nick glared at him with blood shot eyes.
“Nick come on,” Kevin said stepping between the two of them. “We’re not going to loose inventory just by being a few minutes late.”
Now it was Kevin’s turn to get snapped at. “It may not matter to you guys! But I want to get ahead! Before you know it we’ll be singing back up to Nsync!” Nick snapped, his eyes were even more of a glare.
“Shut up Nick,” Howie said, he’d had enough of this thing pretending to be Nick. “I don’t know why you are so up tight, it’s not like you.” Nick glared at Howie.
“I know you don’t agree with me D, as usual. Sometimes I believe I’m the only one who cares about our success,” Nick snapped and he began to walk out the door. “I’ll be waiting in the bus working on some songs, when you’re ready we can leave.” And he strode out to the waiting bus.
“Fuck him,” Howie muttered under his breath just as Brian came running down the stairs. “It’s okay rok, don’t rush the THING can wait, now do you believe me Bone?”
AJ, who was still in shock, said, “Um yeah. Damn that was definitely not like Nick.”
“You got that right,” Kevin replied, “It was definitely not Nick.”

As AJ and Brian sat together at the edge of the stage, AJ was even more convinced now that this was not Nick.
“I don’t know what we’re going to do,” Brian said as he took of his shoes. His feet were killing him from the amount of dancing Nick was subjecting them all to.
“I don’t know either rok. Damn, I can’t believe I got fooled that easily,” AJ agreed shaking his head. Brain looked at his friend in sympathy.
“It’s okay Bone, you’ve just got a good heart,” Brian said and winced as he tried to stand, his knees were killing him.
“Yeah, but I guess that’s my downfall right?” AJ asked, “Rok you okay man?” AJ noticed his friend get up and sit quickly back down.
“Yeah man, my knees are just killing me,” Brian replied rubbing his knees.
“I know what you mean,” AJ agreed, he too was feeling the pain of being worked too hard by Nick.
“Hey you two! Get up we have no time to waste!” Nick’s voice snapped from the far end of the stage and both men frowned.
“What’s gotten into him?” AJ asked, slowly getting up. “The Nick I know would never act like this.”
Brian winced again as he stood up, “I don’t know Bone, but whatever it is I’m going to find out.”
AJ looked at Brian questionably, “What you saying rok?”
Brain looked at him, “We need to go look again at that body we saw, then we’ll know for sure it’s not Nick.” AJ looked at Brian, wondering if he was really going to do that. He didn’t have to wonder long however, as Brian’s knees miraculously stopped hurting and Brian began to walk out of the arena.
As Brian left the stadium AJ heard Nick yell, “Hey rok, get your ass back here we’re not done yet!”
AJ turned to face Nick, “Be quiet Nick, and let him go.” Nick didn’t respond, instead he just glared at AJ with eyes that told you he knew that they were on to him.
Part 6 by angelfromafrica
Where’s Nick?
Part 6.

As Brian walked into the ice cold morgue, he knew something was up. It seemed as if everything was not in place. Brian made his way towards the reception desk where a lady in a tight baby blue suit, and dark brown hair was sitting looking through the files.
“Um excuse me?” Brian asked her, the lady continued reading and did not look up. Brian tapped his hand lightly on the bell that lay on the desk and the lady looked up, her eyes Brian noticed were that of ice-blue.
“Yes?” She asked with a bit of irritation in her voice as she looked somewhat right through Brian. This gave him the chills, but he continued anyways.
“Yeah hi. I’m Brian Littrell and I came a few days ago with my friends…” He began and the lady smiled, she seemed to remember him.
“Oh yes,” she said, her voice still cold. “I remember, you came to see the body of a Mr…” She quickly scanned the files to come up with the name, “Nick Carter?”
Brian nodded, “Yes, and I was wondering…”
“Sorry but the body has been moved,” the lady interrupted and Brian looked at her shocked.
“Moved?” He asked her, and she icily nodded.
“Yes, to an undisclosed location,” she replied as if this solved everything.
“Well, can you tell me where?” Brian asked, but the lady shook her head.
“Sorry, that information is classified,” she replied. “Only family and friends are allowed to know the location of the body.”
“But I am his friend,” Brian said stressing his words. The lady looked through her files again.
“Sorry but your name is not on the list. Good day,” she replied and went back to her reading. After a while she looked up, “Is there something else?”
“Yeah, what do you mean my name is not on the list? What list?” Brian asked confused.
“The list that tells me if you really are a friend of the deceased,” the lady replied, but Brian vigorously shook his head.
“But I am his friend,” Brian said again, “His best friend.” The lady smiled and tried to smile sympathetically at Brian.
“You must be a fan, I was told about you folk. I’m sorry but if you’re not on the list I can not say where they took the body,” the lady smiled and Brian looked at her with disbelief.
“I am not a fan!” He snapped, “I just want to know where you sent my friend’s body.”
The lady shook her head, she was not giving in. “I’m sorry but..” she began but Brian held up her hand to stop her.
“Its okay, I know. I have to be on the list,” he said giving up and began to leave.
“I’m sorry?” The lady asked as Brian exited the morgue, but Brian just shook his head. He could not believe that he had to be on a list to see his dead friend, a list he was not on.

“List? What list?” Kevin asked as Brian relayed to them what had happened to him at the morgue.
“That’s what I said,” Brian replied, “Apparently we have to be on a list in order to know where they took that body.”
“But why would they move it?” AJ asked confused and Brian shrugged. “Didn’t we tell them to keep the body until we could get his mom to come down here?”
“Yeah,” Howie replied, “But ever since then we’ve been busy with the new Nick.”
“Howie’s right,” Brian replied. “So maybe they thought that since we didn’t come back we must have wanted it moved.”
Kevin shook his head, “No they can’t just move bodies like that, they need permission.”
“Yeah but whose? We obviously didn’t say they could, and his family still think he’s alive,” Howie replied, it was true this new Nick had been talking to Nick’s family like the old Nick would have.
“D is right,” Brian said, “Who in God’s good earth would move Nick’s body and not want us to see it?”
“Well isn’t it obvious?” AJ answered, and everyone but Howie shook their heads.
“Come on guys. That THING is obviously not Nick, so it would be right to presume he is the one who doesn’t want us to see the body. He knows we’re on to him,” Howie replied nodding his head.
“Yeah,” Kevin replied in agreement. “I mean if that really isn’t Nick, then it must be someone else pretending to be Nick who doesn’t want us to find out who he really is. So he got the body moved, but who would do such a thing?”
They all sat there for a while trying to answer this question, but the thing was no one could come up with an answer. “You know,” AJ said after a while, “There was something eerily familiar about the way he danced.”
“Yeah Bone, I got that feeling too,” Brian agreed, “I mean it was strangely familiar, but from where?”
“I don’t know,” Kevin answered. “But who ever it is, we need to find out who they are and why they doing it.”
Part7 by angelfromafrica
Where’s Nick?
Part 7.

As the end of the day came, all the boys were trying to figure out what was happening. They couldn’t quite understand how Nick, if that’s who he was, could be Nick.
What AJ and Brian had both pointed out earlier was true, there was something eerily familiar about the way this new Nick danced. He was different than the old Nick, and he seemed to want to be rehearsing all day long, never taking a rest.
Now the guys knew this was strange. It was strange because Nick had never been a one to like dancing, until now. Well, Nick liked to dance, but what Nick had never enjoyed was rehearsing, rehearsing the same old dance moves over and over. This new Nick, seemed to get an adrenaline rush out of it.
“God damn him,” AJ hissed as he panted down the stage to sit with the other three.
“I know,” Brian complained wincing, “My knees have so been fucked over.”
“We need to find out who that is before Rok damages himself,” Kevin said in a hushed voice as he sat next to Howie.
“Well maybe that’s his goal,” AJ panted finally sitting down, “Maybe he wants to dance us to death so we can’t figure it out.”
“I don’t know guys,” Howie said mopping his brow. “All I know is that I ain’t gonna dance anymore, even if it kills the show tonight.”
“At this rate we won’t have a show,” AJ said, he was still mad at Nick for making them dance so much.
“At least then it’ll be a blessing,” Brian agreed rubbing his knees vigorously, “Because if I have to dance with that traitor I’m gonna kill myself seriously.”
“Don’t talk like that rok,” Kevin said, and was about to continue when they were interrupted by Nick.
“Come on guys!” Nick barked, “Let’s get a move on! That show ain’t gonna perform itself you know!” The guys groaned at the sound of his voice, and AJ looked at the others.
“Can I beat him now?” AJ asked, and Kevin shook his head.
“No Bone. You’ll have to wait until we find out who he is,” Kevin said, “Then you can beat him.”
“Guys!” Nick barked again and they all slowly stood up.
“Let’s get a move on,” Brian sighed, “Before he has a hernia.”
The next day, all the guys were too tired to perform but they found themselves presenting an award at an award show.
“I don’t think it’s right us being here,” AJ said, he and Howie had been the two who were the most against the new Nick. “I mean, he isn’t even one of us.”
“I’m glad you finally came round to that idea,” Howie replied smiling, he was glad AJ had finally seen through the new Nick’s charades.
“Yeah me too,” AJ agreed, “But he still isn’t one of us. The fans will know.”
“Well they didn’t seem to complain yesterday,” Brian grumbled hobbling into the room.
“Speaking of which, where is he?” Kevin asked as he opened up a bottle of water from the cooler.
AJ shrugged, “I don’t know, and frankly I don’t CARE.”
“Here, here!” Howie said in agreement lifting up his bottle to toast AJ’s last comment.
“Well where ever he is, he better come soon or we’ll miss our cue,” Kevin said sitting with the other three.
“I frankly hope he doesn’t turn up,” Brian said point-blank, and they all nodded in agreement.
“Yeah, well if he doesn’t then we won’t be able to present the award,” Kevin said with a frown.
“So what? Without Nick here there’s no point in going out there,” Howie said grumpily, but Kevin shook his head.
“Nick is here, it’s just not the real Nick,” Kevin said, “So technically we have to go out there.” They all groaned, they knew they had to Nick would make them, whether they wanted to or not.
“Oh fuck,” Howie mumbled and they all looked up. Entering the room was Nick, and he wasn’t alone. He seemed to be chatting merrily with the members of Nsync, as if he was one of them.
Part 8 by angelfromafrica
Where’s Nick?
Part 8.

AJ’s mouth was fully fledged open, he could not believe what he was seeing. Yes, Nick and JC were good drinking buddies, but the other members of Nsync did not get along with Nick usually. But today, something was off.
“Hey dude,” JC said noticing the guys, AJ merely nodded but Howie stood up and shook his hand.
“Hey man, what’s going on?” Howie asked, he and JC had become friends over the years because they had been to various events at the same time.
“Nothing much, just you know doing our thing,” JC replied, and Howie nodded. “You?”
“Same here,” Howie replied, as he did so Chris Kirkpatrick walked over and said hello. Out of all the guys Howie was most probably the only one who got along with all the members of Nsync, and it was because he’d gone to school with Chris and had an ever growing friendship with JC. “Where’s Lance?” Howie asked after the pleasantries were exchanged.
AJ looked around, wondering what Howie was talking about it, when he noticed it. The fifth member of Nsync, known as Lance Bass, was not there.
“Yeah, where is Lance?” AJ asked agreeing with Howie.
“Oh Lance?” Chris asked looking at first Howie then AJ.
“He’s in Russia,” JC finished for Chris; they did not seem a bit disturbed by this.
Howie nodded, “Really? What’s he doing there?”
“What like you didn’t hear?” Justin Timberlake asked, quite furiously.
“Justin don’t get so up tight,” Chris said calmly to Justin, “I’m sure they don’t know.”
“Don’t know what?” Kevin asked after a while of being silent.
“He’s training to go into space,” JC replied.
“Ahhh,” all of Backstreet said together, all that was except Nick. Who, as the conversation continued, slipped away out of the room unheard and unnoticed.

By the end of the night, all the boys were tired and wanted to get some sleep. They stumbled into the mansion, all except Nick.
“Doesn’t that boy ever get tired?” AJ asked yawning, as he noticed Nick wasn’t there.
“He isn’t human,” Howie replied crawling over to the couch and sitting down. “Did you guys notice the way he was being so friendly to Nsync? Even though he never gets along with them?”
“Yeah D,” AJ said sitting next to him, “He was way too friendly.”
“Yeah, and did you guys notice how he just slipped away when we asked about Lance?” Kevin asked walking into the room.
“That was weird,” Brian agreed following his cousin. They all sighed and nodded in agreement. “Are you guys up for a trip?” Brian said all of a sudden and they all looked at him as if he’d gone mad.
“What? Are you on crazy pills?” AJ asked, “We’re too God damn tired.”
Brian shook his head, “No I’m serious. Let’s go.”
“Go where?” Howie asked, as they all watched Brian stride out the door.
“To follow Nick,” Brian said stopping in the doorway and looking at them, once he realized they weren’t following him. “We want to know who it really is right?”
“Yeah but…” Kevin began, but Brian interrupted him.
“So the only way to do that is to follow him, see what he really is up to,” Brian said, and he looked at the others. AJ, followed by Howie, then Kevin, all slowly got up.
“I guess you’re right...” Howie began and walked over slowly to Brian.
“Right? Dude, you were the one who doubted Nick, now I’m suggesting we go after him and you doubt it? If we follow him we’ll be proved right,” Brian said interrupting him.
“Okay, if that’s what you want,” AJ said shrugging and Brian nodded. “Okay then, let’s go,” AJ replied and he gestured for Brian to lead the way.
“Okay then, here we go. To find out whom that Nick really is,” Brian said and with that they all followed Brian out the door, to see who Nick really was.

“This is a lost cause Rok,” Howie said from the back of the bus. “We have no clue where the body was taken, or where that thing is.”
Brian turned to look at Howie, “D don’t be so discouraged. I’m sure we’ll get a lead soon.”
“Well I hope so,” said AJ holding his stomach, “Because we’ve been at this for hours and I’m hungry.”
“Okay, let’s drive through Mickey D’s and grab some food, then continue looking for Nick ok?” Brian said giving in; he wanted to find Nick quickly but if it meant giving a few minutes to get food for AJ, he’d do it.
“Okay,” came the simultaneous reply from AJ and Howie as Kevin turned the bus towards the nearest drive through. They had left the house only to find the driver had left so Kevin, had decided to drive, which hadn’t been a bad idea after all.
“So has anyone got any clue as to where he could be?” Kevin asked, looking through the review mirror to the back. All the guys shook their heads.
“Wait,” AJ said, “I seem to remember seeing him going off with Nsync after the ceremony to some party.”
“He went out with Nsync?” Howie asked with raised eyebrows, and AJ nodded.
“Yeah if I’m not mistaken, I mean it might just be the hunger talking,” AJ replied.
“I hope not,” Brian replied and looked at Kevin. “Do you know as to which party they went to?” Brian asked looking back at AJ.
AJ groaned, “I don’t know. I think it was at Cameron Diaz’s place or something.” You could tell he was getting agitated without food.
“Okay then,” Brian said, “Kev turn this bus around we have a party to crash.” Kevin nodded as his cousin looked at him, and rather quickly made a U-turn.
“Hey!” AJ’s voice screamed from the back of the bus as his body was thrown against the window. “I thought we were going to get food!”
Brian quickly turned around to face him, “We were, but your hunger gave us a lead. So now we’re not, you can eat at the party while the rest of us look for the Nick.”
“Fine,” AJ scowled at Brian, and the other three laughed. It was funny how AJ got when he was hungry, even at a time like this. “Just as long as there’s good food,” AJ added, Brian nodded as Kevin headed down the highway towards the party.
“There will be,” he said, “And they’ll be a new Nick there too. So I say bonus points for us. New Nick zero, Backstreet one.”
Part 9 by angelfromafrica
Where’s Nick?
Part 9.

As the boys walked into the party, they split up. They figured it would be better to look for Nick individually that way, they’d save time. AJ was the only one of them who’d decided to eat before looking for Nick.
Wow, Rok was right there is good food here. That Cameron has good taste, AJ thought as he pilled his plate up with all the delicious oeuvres. As he did so Nick walked up to him.
“Hey Bone!” Nick yelled, and AJ nearly jumped out of his skin.
“Holly shit man,” AJ said trying to get a breath, “You scared me.”
Nick laughed, or rather cackled, “Ha Bone! You crack me up! Anyways, what are you guys doing here? I thought you’d all gone off to bed?”
“We did...” AJ began, a bit thrown off by the question. He wondered what to tell this Nick. “But you know how I can’t resist a good party?” AJ asked, hoping this would satisfy him.
Nick nodded, “Yeah I know. You came at a great time though! Where are the others?” He looked around the room for the rest of the group. AJ put down his plate and grabbed Nick’s arm, his hunger almost disappearing.
“They’re, um, at home. Yeah, that’s right. I was the only one who was up to coming you know?” AJ said in a panic, he soon had realized that if he gave up that the others were here Nick would not reveal himself tonight, or anytime for that matter.
Nick gave AJ a dry look, “Okay, whatever you say.”
“Yeah,” AJ replied nodding, “But I was about to leave anyways, this party is dry.” He grabbed his plate back up and headed for the door. Nick grabbed his arm.
“Hey buddy, now that you’re here why don’t you stay? I got something I want to show you!” Nick yelled over the music, he veered AJ in the other direction. AJ panicked, and looked around furiously for the others hoping they were near by so that they could rescue him.
“No, I really must be going,” AJ said his voice rising and he tried to crawl away from Nick’s grip.
“Oh come on man,” Nick said, and as he did so AJ noticed how Nick was pulling him deeper into the house, away from the party.
“Okay,” AJ sighed once he realized he wasn’t getting away that fast. “I guess I could but only for a minute.” Nick smiled happily and turned AJ down a long corridor that was almost deserted.
“Good,” Nick said, “its right through here.” Nick pulled AJ a bit further down the corridor until they reached a black door. “Here we are!” Nick said rather triumphantly.
“You wanted to show me a black door?” AJ asked unimpressed and Nick laughed at his absurdity.
“No dumbass, it’s what’s inside that I wanted to show you!” Nick replied pulling out a bunch of keys from nowhere and opening the door. AJ looked at Nick annoyed, wondering what could be so important that he needed to see. AJ had to go find the others and tell them he’d found Nick. But before he could do anything AJ found himself being shoved into the room, closely followed by Nick.
“Hey man! What the fuck was that for?” AJ asked as he picked himself off the floor. He looked over his shoulder at Nick, and realized an evil grin on Nick’s face. Confused, AJ turned to see what Nick was smiling at. He gasped; lying on the bed was a body, a dead body. “Nick, is this some kind of sick joke or what?” AJ asked slowly backing up to the door, but Nick stopped him.
“Why don’t you two get acquainted? I’ll be right back,” Nick replied in a creepy voice. AJ shook his head and tried to leave.
“Nick wait...” AJ said as Nick slammed the door in his face. “Nick!” AJ screamed again as he tried to open the door, but realized it was locked. “Come on Nick! This isn’t funny!” AJ screamed, now even more panicked. He tried the door again, but it still wouldn’t budge. “Oh fuck,” AJ said, his head pressed against the door, as he realized he was locked in.
AJ turned around and forced himself to look at the body, it seemed eerily familiar. “Great,” he said to himself, “I’m locked in a room with a dead body, a dead body that belongs to the real Nick.”

“I wonder where Bone’s gotten to,” Brian asked the others when they met up an hour later to report if they’d seen Nick.
“Last I saw he was heading for the buffet,” Howie replied looking in the direction where AJ had headed. “By the looks of it he’s gone.”
“Damn,” Brian replied. “I wonder where he is. Okay, let’s wait for him for a bit, if he doesn’t turn up then we’ll go look for both him and Nick.”
“Okay,” Kevin and Howie replied together.
“What do we do until…” Kevin was about to ask when he was interrupted.
“There you guys are!” Nick’s voice boomed from behind them. “I thought you weren’t here, Bone and his crazy ideas!” Brian turned around just as a very cheerful Nick walked up to them.
“Hey Nicky…” Brian said, unsure of what to say. “So you saw Bone eh?”
Nick laughed, “Yeah, over at the buffet table.”
“Do you know where he is now?” Howie asked, and Nick glared at him suspiciously.
“Nope. He wandered off mumbling something about another party he had to go to,” Nick lied, Brian was doubtful that Nick was telling the truth. “Why’d you ask?”
“No reason,” Howie said not wanting to venture further into the conversation.
“Come on D, there must be a reason,” Nick pestered, but Howie shook his head adamantly.
“No there isn’t,” Howie said rather coldly, but Nick didn’t pick up on this.
“Well now that you’re here, I can show you what I showed Bone earlier before he left,” Nick said and tried to get them to move towards the house. All of the boys haltered.
“What did you show him?” Brian asked, he knew this sounded fishy.
“I can’t tell you, it’s a surprise. Come on!” Nick replied gesturing to the house, still no one moved.
“Look Nick,” Brian said, “Maybe another time okay? We’re all pretty tired. I think we’d better head out.” Nick looked at Brian with despair.
“You sure rok? It’ll only take a minute,” Nick said, Brain could swear he heard panic in Nick’s voice.
Brian nodded, “I’m sure Nicky. Come on guys.” Brian began heading for the bus but Kevin and Howie held him back.
“Wait what about Bone?” Howie asked, afraid to leave AJ alone at a party with the new Nick.
Brian looked at him, “I’m sure he’s at that other party he had to go to. Now come on, we’ll see him back at the mansion. You coming Nick?” Nick shook his head, and Brian sighed realizing that Nick wasn’t moving. “Okay then,” Brian said and continued to head for the bus, this time Kevin and Howie followed him.
As the three of them walked away from Nick Howie looked at Brian, “You didn’t believe him did you rok?”
Brian shook his head, “Fuck no. There was something off in what he said. Bone wouldn’t go to a party without telling us, Nick knows that.”
“You’re right,” Kevin said after a time of being silent. “And why was he so adamant that we see what he wanted to show us?”
Brian shrugged, “I don’t know. All I do know is that we’re not leaving until we find Bone.”
“But I thought you said you wanted to leave?” Howie asked and Brian looked at him skeptically.
“Do you really think I’d leave Bone alone with that THING?” Brian asked, “After all, Nick said he only saw Bone at the buffet table for a while, and then he said he showed him something before Bone left.”
“That was odd,” Kevin said, “I knew there was something off in what he said I just couldn’t figure out what. Thanks for pointing it out cuz.” Brian nodded, and turned away from where the bus was parked.
“So what do we do now?” Howie asked as he and Kevin followed Brian a bit further up the road.
“We sit and wait,” Brian said. “We wait until the party’s over, and then we go back in there and look for Bone, and get some questions answered.”
Part 10 by angelfromafrica
Where’s Nick?
Part 10.

As the other boys were sitting outside, waiting for the party to finish, AJ found himself stuck in a room with the dead Nick Carter. At first AJ found it unsettling, but as time went on he made himself come to terms with the fact that his friend was dead, and some impostor had locked him in a room with the body.
At least you’re not dead, AJ thought to himself, trying to encourage the thought that maybe he might be found. I wonder how he got the body in here without been seen, AJ thought again and sat as far away from the body as he could. This meant that he ended up sitting in a small corner of the room.
“I wonder if they’ll find us,” AJ found himself saying to the dead body, “And if they do buddy I’ll give you a proper funeral and shit.” AJ looked over to Nick; the body had begun to smell. “Fuck dude, you stink,” AJ added and held his breath, looking away from the body. He stared aimlessly at the wall, praying that by some miracle one of the others would walk by the room and help him out.
A few minutes passed and AJ had just about given up hope when the door slowly opened. “Thank god!” He yelled throwing himself at the person who’d entered the room, but was found to be thrown back.
“Get off!” The person said, “I just came to check that everything is in order.” AJ looked up from the spot where he had been thrown to see if he could see who was speaking.
“Oh my God! It’s you! So you’re the one behind this!” AJ said stunned, when he saw who was standing over him.
“Yeah, get over yourself Mclean,” the person answered and looked back over his shoulder, making sure he blocked the door so AJ couldn’t escape. “He’s still alive, unfortunately,” the person called to his friend, who was hidden from AJ’s view. AJ looked out the door, but saw nothing. AJ presumed that this stranger was obviously the new Nick’s partner in crime.
“So you and he are in this together?” AJ asked trying to way some time in case someone just happened to walk by and see Nick’s dead body in the room.
The person glared at AJ, “Shut up Mclean. If we hear one more word out of you you’re really going to get it.” AJ looked up, and said nothing. “Got that?” The person asked rather viciously.
“Y-Yeah,” AJ replied, he was a bit shocked as to how this person had changed in so little time.
“Good,” the person said, “See you in a bit.” He smiled wickedly at AJ and slowly turned on his heel, walking out the door, slamming it shut behind him. After he was gone, all AJ heard was the locking of the door, and his heart dropped.
Great, he thought, now what do I do?

The party had begun to decline, and it was getting late. Okay, so it was becoming morning and Brian, Howie and Kevin still had no clue as to where AJ was. They had hidden in the bus for a long time now, waiting for the party to end.
“Okay, let’s go,” Brian ordered as he saw the last of the party goers leave the house. He clambered out of the bus, closely followed by the other two.
“So where do we go from here?” Howie asked Brian as they hurried down the road to the front door.
Brain looked back at him and shrugged, “I don’t know. All I know is that we’ve got to find Bone in case something’s happened to him.”
“In case?” Kevin asked. He had been the only one of them to start panicking about AJ’s safety ever since they’d been sitting in the bus. “We don’t even know who Nick really is; he may have found Bone before us and offed him.”
Brian looked back at his cousin, “Kev, stop being so dramatic. I’m sure Bone will be fine.” But as he said this both Howie and Kevin notice his voice rise, Brian was not as calm as he seemed to be.
They continued to walk in silence, and as they reached the front door of Cameron Diaz’s house, Chris, JC and Joey from Nsync were leaving.
“Hey dude!” Chris and JC called out to Howie.
“No man, we don’t have time,” Brian hissed in Howie’s ear, as he stopped to greet his Nsync friends.
“Sorry guys but we’re in kind of a hurry,” Howie said, as if that explained everything.
“Where to?” JC asked as he approached them, “The party’s over.” The three members of Backstreet looked at each other for an answer, wondering if they should tell their counterparts what was going on. Kevin decided not to hide anything.
“Inside, we’re going inside to look for Nick and AJ,” Kevin said, and the three members of Nsync looked at him quizzically. “They never came out of the party,” Kevin added and they all ahhed.
“Well I saw Nick still in there,” Chris told them, “I don’t know if that’s any help.” Kevin smiled appreciatively at Chris.
“It is, thanks,” Kevin said and he, Howie and Brian once again made for the front door.
“Wait,” JC said, and the three Backstreet Boys looked back at him. “Is Nick okay? He’s been acting so funny lately.”
Howie smiled and shook his head, “You got that right man, he has.”
“Well what’s been going on?” JC asked and Howie looked at his friends, wondering if he should say anything. Brian nodded, giving Howie the cue to tell them.
“Well…” Howie began, and then proceeded to tell the three Nsyncers what had been going on in Backstreet camp over the past few days.
Once he was done Chris looked at them, “Well, do you want help looking for AJ and Nick?”
“I don’t...” Kevin began but Brian stopped him.
“Why?” Brian asked, looking suspiciously at Chris.
“Well, we just know the house better than you guys would. And our friend is dating the owner, so by my guesses it would be easier to get in with us,” Chris replied, and Brian realized he was right. There was no way in hell, that Cameron Diaz would let the members of her boyfriend’s enemy just walk into her house and begin searching it. They needed the Nsyncers whether they wanted them or not.
Brian nodded, “Okay I guess.”
“Good,” said Chris and walked up next to Brian. “What are we waiting for? Let’s go find AJ and Nick!” Brian looked at Chris, to try and see if he meant it. He did, and as Brian will tell you later on, he knew this because he saw it in the older man’s eyes. Chris really wanted to help, genuinely.
“After you,” Brian said, and gestured for the three Nsyncers to go ahead of him. JC and Joey followed Chris, and before they knew it all six of them were inside the house looking for AJ and Nick.

They entered the house without much drama, and when they did so Cameron had hastily left, telling them to make themselves at home and lock up when they were done. At first, none of them really had any clue where to look, so they decided to split up.
“Okay,” Brian said taking charge, after he realized the others were beginning to get freaked out by the darkness. “Me, Kevin and Howie, we’ll go this way,” he said, pointing in the direction of the basement. “We’ll search that area of the house.”
“And me, Joey and Jayce will go that way,” Chris finished pointing in the other direction.
Brian nodded, “Good, and when we find something we meet back here.”
“Sounds like a plan to me,” Howie said, very quickly. He was eager to get started and find his friends.
“Okay then,” Brian said, “Let’s go, see you dudes in a bit.” He headed for the basement, with Kevin and Howie close behind.
“Yeah, see you in a bit. Come on guys,” Chris said to JC and Joey as he headed in the other direction.
“God, I hope we don’t find any dead bodies,” JC said as he and Joey followed Chris, he didn’t realize then how right his words would be.

“Fuck it is dark.” AJ’s eyes flew open; he could swear he heard a voice. “Why did we agree to this again?” There it was again, AJ sat silently wondering if this was another one of his captors he hadn’t met.
“Oh shut up Joe. We did this because we want to help, and it’s the right thing,” Another voice said, AJ listened for more. “In any case, I’m sure we’ll find either AJ or Nick soon and then we can get out of here.” Upon hearing his name, AJ let out a sigh of relief, it was okay.
“Let’s go guys, there’s nothing here,” a third voice said, this time AJ panicked. He realized that they were going to leave him. Upon realizing this he flung himself at the door and started banging on it.
“Help! Help!” He screamed, hoping they would hear him. “I’m in here! It’s me AJ! Help!” He tugged viciously at the door knob, hoping upon hope that it would open. It didn’t it was tightly shut.
“Did you hear that?” The first voice asked after a while.
“Yeah, it came from behind that black door,” the second voice replied, AJ saw this as his chance and began to bang on his side of the door again.
“Help! Can anyone hear me! Help me! I’m locked in here with a dead body!” AJ screamed even louder, and continued banging.
“Oh my God,” The second voice said again. “Jayce, quick help me open this door.” AJ paused, did he hear right? Did they just say Jayce? As in JC Chasez?
“JC?” AJ called, “Hello? Anybody?” There was a silence; he did not care if a member of Nsync was coming to save him, all he cared that he was being saved.
“AJ are you in there?” Asked the second voice, that AJ clearly recognized as Chris Kirkpatrick’s.
“Oh God yeah!” AJ called, “Chris is that you? Help me!”
“Yeah it’s me,” Chris replied, “Look stand away from the door, me, Joey and Jayce are going to try and break down the door.”
“Okay,” AJ called back and stepped away from the door. He waited for a while, and then noticed the door shake.
“Okay, one two three!” Chris yelled and a few seconds later, he came tumbling into the room followed by JC and Joey.
“Thank God!” AJ called throwing himself at Joey, who very defensively pushed AJ back.
“Yeah, cool it with the affection dude,” Joey said unable to notice the relief in AJ’s voice.
“Oh fuck,” Chris said, interrupting their interaction.
“Oh shit,” JC’s voice followed, and both Joey and AJ looked over to where JC was staring.
“Oh yeah that,” AJ said, JC and Chris had just noticed the dead body on the bed. A body of Nick Carter.
Part 11 by angelfromafrica
Where’s Nick?
Part 11.

As AJ was being rescued, Howie, Brian and Kevin were still looking for him. They wondered around the dark basement stepping on each others toes, and getting pretty ticked off at each other.
“Fuck D,” Brian’s voice muttered as he felt someone crush his toes, “Watch it!”
“It wasn’t me!” Howie’s voice snapped, “It was Kev!”
“What? Don’t blame me!” Kevin’s voice said in the darkness.
“Well if it wasn’t either one of you, then who was it?” Brian’s voice asked.
“It was me,” another voice said, they all paused in the darkness.
“W-Who is there?” Howie’s voice asked, shaking ever so slightly.
“It’s me D, Nick.”

“Thank you, thank you!” AJ said to the three Nsyncers for the hundredth time.
“No problem,” Chris replied as he walked quickly back to where they’d left Brian, Howie and Kevin. “Let’s find the others and get the fuck out of here.”
AJ looked at him, “But what about Nick?”
“What about him?” Chris asked, “Once we find the others we can call the cops, they can deal with the body.”
“No, I mean the other Nick,” AJ said as they neared the meeting place.
Chris stopped and looked at AJ, “There’s another one?”
AJ nodded, “Yeah, didn’t you know that?”
“No, I thought that one in there was the one from tonight,” Chris said, AJ shook his head.
“No way,” AJ said, “The one from tonight killed the dead one, or so I’m presuming.”
“Oh,” Chris said, “Well all Howie said was that you’d gone to see Nick’s body, and when you came back Nick reappeared and started acting funny, and Howie, Brian and Kevin were scared of leaving you in there with the mad Nick. I just thought you people were mad, seeing Nick’s dead body and he turning up afterwards and all.”
AJ shook his head, “I thought that too, but apparently I was wrong.”
“Oh fuck, this is too much for me,” Chris said and looked around for a chair to sit on. “So what you’re telling us is this, the dead Nick is the real Nick, and the one we met tonight is a fake?”
AJ nodded, “Yup, and I’ve been locked in a room with my dead friend.”
“Wow, Howie really likes to leave out the important parts in a story,” JC said from behind AJ, AJ turned to face him.
“You can say that again,” Joey agreed coming up next to them.
“So where did the three of them go?” AJ asked referring to Brian, Howie and Kevin.
“Down that way,” Chris said, pointing down to the basement as he found a chair and sat on it.
“It’s dark down there,” AJ commented, his eyes growing bigger as he saw the darkness that stairs showed. “Should we go and find them?”
“I ain’t going down there,” Joey said and both JC and Chris nodded in agreement.
“Yeah dude, you can go by yourself if you want to,” JC added and AJ looked at them.
“Come on guys, don’t be so scared,” AJ said, and he turned towards the stairs.
“Us scared?” Chris asked, “What about you? You were the one who was saying how dark it was.”
“Yeah, well after you’ve been locked in a room with a dead body, you can face the darkness,” AJ snapped, he was getting frustrated that they didn’t want to help.
“We’ll wait here for you,” JC said, “If you’re not back in five minutes we’ll call the cops.”
AJ rolled his eyes, “Okay suit yourselves.” He looked at them one last time, and once he realized they were not following him he began the dark, lonely decent around the stairs to find his friends.

Fuck it’s dark down here, AJ thought as he slowly progressed through the darkened basement. As he walked he wondered why the other three did not want to come down here with him. Bunch of wimps, he thought chuckling to himself.
“What was that?” AJ stopped in his tracks, it was that voice again. Oh fuck, he heard me, AJ thought and slowly backed up against what he presumed to be a wall. He hoped and prayed they wouldn’t come out and find him.
“Stop being paranoid,” another voice said, and AJ held his breath. “Come help me tie them up.” AJ slowly edged his way towards the voices. He reached what he thought was a door, a door that was slightly open.
“I could swear I heard something,” the other voice said after a while. AJ peered closer to see if he could get a better look at where the voices were coming from.
“Don’t be daft,” the second voice said, “It’s just the wind from outside.” AJ edged closer to the crack in the door, and saw someone’s foot. Great, he thought, can’t see anything but a bloody foot.
He sighed and slowly pushed the door slightly open with the tip of his fingers, it made a small creak.
“What the fuck was that?” the first voice asked again sounding very jumpy. AJ jumped back and pressed himself against the wall, as someone walked towards the door.
“Bloody wind,” the second voice said and slammed the door shut, AJ found himself jumping and the sound of the slamming door. I should go back and get the others, AJ thought and he slowly backed up. Heading slowly up the stairs he went to find Chris, Joey and JC to tell them what he’d found.
Part 12 by angelfromafrica
Where’s Nick?
Part 12.

“What do you mean you heard voices?” Chris asked as AJ stumbled up from the basement, panting out the whole scene he’d been witness to.
“Yeah man, I think you’re going nuts,” Joey added smirking at the panicky AJ. “Not that he already isn’t.” JC let out a low chuckle.
“I heard that Joey!” AJ snapped as he tried to catch his breath. “What I meant was that there are two of them, the ones that I know about and they’re down in the basement, tying people up.”
“Tying people up? Come on Mclean, I think being locked up in a room with a dead body has gotten to you,” Chris replied not believing a word AJ was saying.
“No guys,” AJ said as he leaned against the wall. “I’m serious, we have to get down there and help who ever it is.”
Joey shook his head, “Hell no, we said we’ll help find you and we did. Our job here is done.”
“Then why are you still here?” AJ asked looking angrily at Joey. “If you think your job is done, then go.” He pointed at the front door, and nobody moved.
“No Mclean,” Chris said, “We’re not leaving without you.”
AJ looked at him, “Well I ain’t leaving without my band mates.”
Chris nodded in understanding, knowing how AJ felt. “Yeah dude, I get that,” Chris said standing up and walking over to AJ, “Okay so where’d you hear these voices again?”
AJ smiled appreciatively at Chris, “Follow me.” AJ stood straight up and began heading down the dark stair case. JC and Joey were the only ones to not follow him.
“Come on guys,” Chris said, but the two men shook their heads. “What if it were me, Justin and Lance down there?”
“Well now that you put it like that,” JC replied and Chris nodded. “Okay, let’s go Joe.” Joey hesitated, but JC dragged him down the stairs behind him.
“Hey Mclean, wait up we’re coming,” Chris called in a whisper to AJ, and followed him down to the basement, with a timid Joey and JC close behind him.

“God damit, I can’t see shit,” Joey’s voice came from somewhere behind AJ. AJ turned around to face, what he thought, could be Joey.
“Keep it down Fatone,” AJ snapped, “Or do you want to be caught and tied up as well?”
“Well...” Joey began but Chris interrupted him.
“No he doesn’t. Let’s keep moving,” Chris whispered and they agreed. They walked for a bit in silence, no one saying a word as they were all too afraid to get caught. After a few minutes they reached the door where AJ had heard the voices and they stopped.
“I think this is it,” AJ whispered to Chris, who nodded in the dark.
“Okay guys keep it down so we don’t get caught,” Chris told Joey and JC.
“Did you go check on our friend upstairs?” A voice said after a while. All of the four men looked at each other; they knew the voice belonged to the new Nick.
“No,” said a second voice. “But I think it’ll be okay, Cameron said she’ll keep an eye on him in case anything funny goes down.” There was a gasp and AJ turned to face where it had come from.
“What?” He whispered, as he saw the shocked looks on Chris, Joey and JC’s faces.
“I know that voice,” Chris whispered back so he wouldn’t be heard.
AJ nodded, “I know, even I was shocked when I saw him.”
“You saw him?” JC hissed in a low voice.
“Yeah,” AJ whispered back. “Dumbass showed himself to me when I was trapped in that room.”
“I can’t believe he would do this,” Joey whispered after a while, “Why would he do that?”
“I don’t know, but we’re going to find out,” Chris whispered back, and even though his voice was low you could hear the authority of it.
“We shouldn’t just barge in there,” JC whispered holding Chris back as he realized his friend was getting ready to enter the room. “I mean shouldn’t we have a plan?”
Chris looked back at them, “Why? He lied to us.”
“Yeah, but you know how he is. He will manipulate the situation too quickly. After all, this is Justin we’re talking about.”
“No shit Sherlock,” Chris replied, and they got ready to confront the two men.
Part 13 by angelfromafrica
Where’s Nick?
Part 13.

The first thing AJ saw when he burst into the room after Chris, Joey and JC, were his band mates tied up. The second thing he saw was the fake Nick sitting at a low, broken table with someone, someone who just happened to be Justin Timberlake.
“What the fuck?” the fake Nick asked standing up as he realized what had just taken place. Justin slowly turned round, at his friend’s shock.
“What are you so shocked about?” Justin asked, and then his mouth dropped. “Holly fuck.”
“You got that right Timberlake,” Chris said, his voice booming with authority. “What the hell are you up to?” Justin looked at Chris speechless.
“I, we, I, um…” Justin sputtered, unable to find the words.
“You got it,” Chris interrupted, and looked at Nick. “And you!” Chris’ voice boomed even louder this time.
“Yeah? What about me?” Nick asked, he seemed to be more together than Justin.
“You killed Nick!” AJ yelled interrupting Chris’ invasion of words. The Nick looked at AJ, and laughed.
“You figured that one out all by yourself did you Mclean?” He asked, his voice becoming richer.
“It was his idea!” Justin suddenly yelled pointing at the Nick. The Nick looked at him, and for a moment did not say anything.
“Why you little asshole!” the Nick called and launched himself at Justin who darted behind Joey for security, but Joey pushed him in front.
“Oh no you don’t,” Joey said shoving Justin back into the line of fire of the Nick, “I ain’t going to save you this time Infant.”
“Joe, guys come on,” Justin pleaded, looking at them helplessly.
“Please what J?” JC asked, “You helped kill and kidnap someone!”
“I didn’t mean to! He made me!” Justin said again pointing to the Nick, who began to launch himself at Justin, but Chris grabbed his shirt to hold him back.
“Oh no you don’t,” Chris said and shoved the Nick back down in his chair. “JC and AJ go untie those three.” Chris ordered once he’d gotten the Nick firmly in his grip and nodded in the direction of Kevin, Brian and Howie. “And Joe, hold down the Infant and make sure he doesn’t disappear, I’m going to get some answers from this thing.”
“Thanks man,” Howie said as AJ and JC helped untie him, Brian and Kevin.
“Yeah thanks,” Brian and Kevin said together. Once they were all untied, and Joey had Justin firmly in his grip they all turned their attention to Chris and the Nick.
“What the fuck were you thinking?” Chris was yelling at the Nick. “And who do you think you are?”
“I’m Nick!” The Nick yelled in fear, under Chris’ grip.
“Don’t fool me boy!” Chris yelled, “I saw the body up there, and if you by some miracle came back from the dead, you are not Nick!” Chris shoved the Nick into the chair; everyone was amazed at his anger.
“W-what? Don’t you recognize me Chris?” the Nick asked once he could speak.
Chris glared at him, “All I see is a man pretending to be someone he’s not! I don’t know who you are!”
The Nick stole a look at JC, “Jayce man? Joe?” Both JC and Joey looked at him confused.
“All I see is a fake Carter,” JC replied bluntly and Joey nodded in agreement.
“It’s him!” Justin suddenly yelled. “It’s him!” Justin struggled to get out of Joey’s grip but Joey hand a tight hold of him.
“Stop struggling Timberlake,” Chris snapped, “Who the fuck is Him? I don’t read minds you know!” Everyone in the room jumped at the anger in Chris’ voice, they could tell he was loosing patience.
“It’s me, Lance,” The Nick said, and Chris shot a sharp look at him.
“Lance? You can’t be, Lance is in Russia,” Chris snapped, but the Nick shook his head.
“No I’m not. I told you I was so I could go ahead with our plan. But some dumbass messed it up,” the Nick, who was now Lance, said stealing a dirty look at Backstreet.
“Plan? What plan?” Chris asked, and Lance shook under his grip.
“The plan to become a Backstreet Boy,” Lance whispered, and the rest of Nsync looked at him with shock. They could tell Lance was upset at his decision.
“A Backstreet Boy?” Chris boomed glaring at Lance. “What about Nsync? Do we not mean anything to you, presuming you are Lance?”
Lance let out a whimper, “What do you mean do you mean anything to me? What about me to you?”
“So that’s what it’s all about,” JC interrupted realizing what Lance meant.
“Jayce please, not now,” Chris snapped and glared at Lance. “Of course man! We’re you brothers! Is that why you did it? Because you didn’t feel like one of us?” His voice softened a bit at the realization, and Lance slowly nodded.
“Yeah,” Lance whispered, you could hear the tears in his voice. “I never felt like part of the group.”
“Well you are, were,” Chris said, and glared at Justin.
“Yeah, now you messed that up, for both of us man,” Justin replied glaring at Lance. “What man? What?”
“What? What about you?” Chris asked Justin angrily.
“I, well, I was just helping out a friend,” Justin said and he looked away from Chris’ look. Everyone could tell he was hiding something.
“Yeah right, tell it to the cops,” Chris snorted and took out his cell phone and dialed 911.
“What are you doing man?” Justin asked with fear.
“I’m calling the cops,” Chris said calmly. “Hello? Yes police? Yeah, this is Mr Chris Kirkpatrick from Nsync. Yes, thank you. I want to report a murder. Yes, and I have them right here. Okay, I’ll keep them tied up until you get here. Thanks bye.” Chris hung up the phone and Justin and Lance looked at him with mouths open.
“You can’t be serious man,” Justin said and Chris looked at him.
“I am,” he replied simply. “Okay guys, let’s tie these two psychos up so they can tell their story to the cops.” They all agreed and helped Chris tie up the two men.
After they were done AJ asked, “What about Nick?” Chris looked sympathetically at him.
“We’ll let the cops sort that out,” Chris said. ”Now we sit and wait.” And they did, they waited for Justin and Lance to be picked up by the police, so they could tell them their story.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9650