Journey Of The Heart by ResaD
Past Featured StorySummary: Five girls, five guys, the one and only problem...time travel.
Go back in time with these five girls, Terri, Megan, Jennifer, Shannon, and Theresa, as they get tossed back into the 1880's, when they're forced to work as Soiled Doves. And into a time, when the only law, was the Outlaws. The famous city they happen to go to? Tombstone, Az, where the town never dies.
The only light to this horrible dream, is the random chance meeting between these five girls, and five boys, Nick, Kevin, Brian, AJ, and Howie. Could these guys be the ones to save them? Or the ones to condem them?
____________________________________________________



Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Brian, Group, Howie, Kevin, Nick, Other
Genres: Adventure, Drama, Historical, Romance
Warnings: Death, Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 15 Completed: Yes Word count: 17378 Read: 22411 Published: 03/25/09 Updated: 04/10/09
Chapter 9 by ResaD
CHAPTER 9
I sat down on his lap, taking his hat off and ran my hands around the brim.
“Yes ma’am.” My gaze flew to his and I smirked.
“You’re ruinin’ my business Howie.”
“I’m sorry ma’am.”
“I hardly doubt that.” I leaned against his chest and smiled to myself when his arm slipped around my waist. “Though, you can help us.”
“In what sense?”
“We need money.”
“I ain’t robbin’ nothin’.”
“Oh, no, I’m not thinkin’ that at all.” I caught his earlobe in my teeth and I heard his quick in take of breath. “Howie, it’s quite plain I want you and,” I moved my hips a little and smiled, “its plain you want me.”
“I don’t deny you’re lovely ma’am.” I pouted my lips a little and frowned.
“I don’t want you to think I’m just lovely hon. I want more than that. I want to prove to you I’m not lousy at all.” Howie jumped a little and shook his head.
“Ma’am, I don’t, I mean, I know you’re not lousy.”
“Just what in dear God’s name is goin’ on in here?” I jumped up as I heard the door slam open and moved off of Howie’s lap as I stared into Ringo’s eyes.
“Johnny, didn’t know you were back in town.”
“I am.” He stalked towards me and I backed away, my back hitting the wall. “I’m takin’ what is mine.”
“I will never be yours and you damn well know that you little piss ant.” His hand connected with my cheek and I quickly covered it.
“Don’t tempt me to hurt you woman.”
“That’s enough Ringo. Leave the lady alone.” Johnny turned around and glared at Howie.
“It’s your fault. You came in this place, turnin’ their minds against us.”
“Get out Ringo.” He glared at Howie and quickly stalked out the door, slamming it behind him. “Rachel.”
“Don’t touch me. Do you understand that I just lost my money? Everything that has happened is your fault. Damn you Howie.” I ran past him and upstairs, slamming my bedroom door behind me.

“They’re gone.”
“Who is Annie?”
“The Cowboys. Ran into Ike and Billy down at the Crystal Palace tonight. They said that Curly and Ringo didn’t want to come here anymore.” I sighed and turned and looked at her.
“Well, just what are we gonna do now?”
“Help the Gang?” Our eyes flew to Jane. “They said they would pay us to help them?”
“Help them? They destroyed us and they want us to help them?”
“They’re willin’ to pay, Rachel.” I slammed the book down on the table and glared at her.
“Pay for information?”
“It’s not like you loved Ringo anyways.”
“You’re damn right, I didn’t. But thanks to them my life is ruined, our lives are ruined. They were a big part of business and once word gets out that those men want nothin’ to do with us, you think other men are gonna come? Sides, I still don’t know anythin’ about them and so help me, I’ll find somethin’ out.” I stormed past her and into the kitchen.

“Mary, I want to help you.”
“Help with what Nick?”
“I don’t like you doin’ this, sellin’ yourself.” Mary shifted and looked at Nick. She saw the hard set of his jaw and sighed.
“Nick, you don’t have that control over me.”
“But I can.” Mary sighed again and wrapped the blanket around her upper body. She pushed the hair back behind her ears and shook her head.
“I’m not the type of woman that you can just make your wife Nick. I’m sure you’re family won’t be happy when you take me home. Damn Nick, I don’t even know to be a lady. This,” Mary said, sweeping her hand around in the air, showing off the grass and dirt, “this is all I know. All I’ll ever know. My life don’t go beyond on this.”
“You’re wrong Mary. There’s somethin’ about you, somethin’ that sets you apart from the other ladies.”
“Nick, we’re the Wild Gals, that means somethin’ in Tombstone. We’re not refined and we’ll never be. Sides, I don’t want to be.”
“You don’t want to change?”
“Sure, I don’t like it. But ain’t no man bossin’ me around. I ain’t gotta clean after a man or nothin’. Nick, please don’t think like that.”
“Mary I think I’m fallin’ in love…”
“Don’t even utter those words cause them ain’t true. You’re just a stranger rollin’ through.”
“No, I’m here on a mission.”
“What is it Nick?” He ran his fingers through his hair.
“I can’t say it.”
“Nick, you want me to be with you, yet I have to trust, I, I have to know you. Knowin’ nothin’ ain’t helpin’. Please Nick, I won’t tell a soul if you don’t want me to.”
“The President wants the Cowboy band broken’ up. The guys, we’re United States Marshals and we swore we would bring both Curly Bill and Johnny Ringo in.”

“Alex, are you okay?” Alex took a breath and glanced at the woman who was currently lying on his chest.
“Just thinkin’.”
“About what?”
“The other guys.” Christina rose an eyebrow and smiled.
“Well, there’s somethin’ to dampin’ the mood. I mean, I try my best to seduce you and once I have, you’re thoughts turn to your friends.”
“Trust me, the mood is still there.” Christina snuggled closer and nodded her head.
“Good, cause I like beein’ like this.”
“In my arms?”
“Of course. I fell safe, secure here.”
“I like you here.” Christina smiled and kissed the chest that she was currently laying upon. “May I ask you somethin’?”
“Go ahead Alex.”
“If I asked, would you give all this up and move with me?”
“Move where?”
“Back to my land.” Christina stared at him for a few moments and shook her head. She got off the bed and grabbed her robe, slowly putting it on.
“Move with you? Into your house? As what?”
“My wife.”
“Oh hell no. I’m not a wife, I’ll never be a wife.”
“Why do you claim that?”
“Cause it’s the truth. I could never be a wife. Stay home, cook, clean? God no, that ain’t me. I’m too much of a woman. I enjoy the drinkin’ and partyin’. And no. Why would you think that?”
“Cause you deserve better?”
“And you think you’re better?”
“I know I’m better.” Christina laughed and walked over to the window.
“You know, you’re not the only man who has thought he could make me his own.”
“I’m sure I won’t be the last if you refuse.”
“Oh mind yourself Alex, I can fend for myself. I’ve been doin’ it for quite sometime now.”
“I know you can.”
“Why me? I mean it Alex. Hell, are you offerin’?”
“No, I’m askin’ you somethin’ Christina, it’s that simple. I want you.”
“You want to own me. You tasted the goods and you want them for yourself.”
“This is nothin’ like that and you damn well know it.”
“I do? So trust me, tell me what you do in life.”
“I, I can’t.” Christina rose an eyebrow and shook her head.
“You can’t or you won’t?”
“I can’t.” Christina turned her gaze back out the window and Alex felt the blow. “What I’m gonna tell you, you can’t tell another livin’ soul Christina.”
“I promise.”
“We’re, we work for the President.”
“As what?”
“Marshals, United States Marshals and we were told to bring two men.”
“Ringo and Bill.”
“Yes. Had to break up the Cowboys.”
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9662