The One Time by BSB-Chick-101
Summary: Have you ever dropped something in the shower that caused an amplified crash? Have you done this so many times, that they people living with you, have grown immune to your clumsiness?

What happeneds the one time they didn't check?
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: Brian, Nick
Genres: Drama
Warnings: Death
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 827 Read: 1191 Published: 04/15/09 Updated: 04/15/09

1. The One Time That Wasn't Checked by BSB-Chick-101

The One Time That Wasn't Checked by BSB-Chick-101
Author's Notes:
Okay, so this idea sprang into my head so randomly it's not even funny! But I hope you enjoy!
It’s the same thing day in and day out, whether it’s tiredness, restlessness, or simply an automatic function to an everyday routine. Taking a shower is something that everyone does, it’s a relaxer, a soother, a cleaner, and for some people, a microphone when they need to sing while bathing. You go through the same functions as well, turn the water on and turn it to the desired temperature, take off your clothes, step in and relax. But, what happens while you’re enjoying the hot heaven, and you lose track of yourself, when suddenly, and accidently, you drop something. And usually, you drop something that causes a loud crash, whether its a few shampoo bottles, or the soap, or even one shampoo bottle, it makes a crash, a much amplified crash. And most of the times, this usually results with the sound of footsteps rushing toward the bathroom, checking to see if you’re alright, once you calm them down, and they leave, you get back to your escape.

But what happens when the accidents happen in rows, and your living mates grow immune to it. What happens when something really happens?

It happen in a hotel room, long away from the busy New York City streets, and much long away from quiet Seattle, it happened in Atlanta, not too bad, not to busy there, but busy enough. It was in the evening, a clam and peaceful evening, the sky was retiring from the bright blue that had been the day, now setting into blackness for yet another evening. The street glittered, all the houses quiet and serene, so the Littrell house, but there was a little more energy in the place, reason being, Brian Littrell’s band mate, Nick Carter was staying with the family, accompanied by his girlfriend of a couple years.

The day was finally drawing to a close, and the house was starting to settle, the men content in the living room, beer in hand, watching a movie on the flat screen, Baylee sleeping soundly in his bedroom, while Leigh Anne and, Nick’s girlfriend, Leah, just arrived home from a day of shopping in the city, while they were upstairs sorting through their things the guys were quite content where they were, very, very content.

“It’s the guy’s mother who’s the original killer in this one, right?” Nick asked casually as the blood fest in the film started to die down for at least a couple of scenes.

“I believe she is, yes!” Brian replied, they turned their attention back to the movie played out on the wide and flat screen when the violin music started to speed up. About a half hour later the movie was over, and they still had a craving for outdated and reliable, but still golden, slasher movies.

“Want to watch another one?” Brian asked, as both men stretched out, trying to awaken their muscles from their sleep.

“Yes!” Nick said automatically, Brian laughed and tilted his head toward the door, Nick picked up on his best friends cue, both men got up from the comfortable couch and started to make their way toward the door. “Leigh Anne! Leah! We’re going to the video store for a few minutes!” Nick shouted for Brian.

“No problem guys, just be careful with the roads.” Leigh Anne said, making her flawless and ageless appearance shown at the top of the stairs, she was wearing a pair of blue jeans and a simple jade tank top, but it made her glow, who said age slows you down?

“Always am babe, see you in a while!” Brian said.

“Hey where’s Leah?” Nick asked curiously, before they went out.

“She’s taking a shower, she said she’ll be out in a flash.” Leigh Anne assured him.

And then they heard it. A big, loud amplified thump, their heads all snapped toward the shower inside the hall, it wasn’t hard to hear the disruption, not hard to hear it at all.

“What the hell was that?” Leigh Anne asked, looking at the two much younger men at the bottom of the stairway.

“Don’t worry, it’s probably just Leah being Leah, she ever likely just dropped a few shampoo bottles, like she often does in the shower, no worries about it, I’ve grown immune to it myself, she’s don’t it so many times it’s a breathing to me now.” Nick stated.

“Are you sure?” Leigh Anne asked wearily.

“I’m sure Leah’s fine honey, you’ve certainly done it enough times, like Nick said, don’t worry about it. Come on man, let’s go before they close.” Brian said, as he and Nick exited the huge manse, taking off toward the video store.

Little did the small tribe know, they wouldn’t see Leah for a very long time, the one time... they didn’t check.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9684