If Only.. by babygirl69
Summary: Four friends on a vacation in Los Angeles. Jessica just wants to have a good time. Will a freak run in with her favorite singer turn into love or just another guy in her past that left her heartbroken...
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Group, Other
Genres: Drama, Dramedy, Romance
Warnings: Graphic Sexual Content, Sexual Assault/Rape, Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: No Word count: 9866 Read: 12143 Published: 06/01/09 Updated: 06/04/09
Chapter 3 by babygirl69
That night was wonderful. AJ took me out to eat at a cozy little italian restaurant, and afterwards we went to a club for a little bit, where we danced, and had a great time. After we'd been there a while, he took me back to the coffee shop, where we met. We sat in the booth getting to know each other. I told him how I loved LA, and never wanted to go back home.

"You wanna live here forever?" He asked.

"Maybe not forever..but, I hate where I'm from." I squinched my face in disgust at my hometown.

"Where would that be?"

"Indiana. Ew."

He giggled, "Aw, your face was adorable. Do that again."

I squinched my face up again, then giggled at his expression. He was so adorable, I couldn't help but stare for a few minutes.

He must've noticed and asked, "What?"

I shook my head and smile apologetically, "Sorry. I just still can't believe I'm here. I'm like a huge fan.."

I noticed his facial expression change when I said that, so I quickly cleared that up.

"Not like a stalker or anything." I chuckled, "I'm just really honored that you let me meet the real you, and not just the singer."

I maintained eye contact with him, so he would know I wasn't lying. I wanted to make sure he knew I wasn't here because I wanted something.

"I'm glad you wanted to meet the real me, and not just the singer." He smiled. "Most girls just want me to get them a record deal or something."

"Well, I can't sing, so no problem here!" I joked.

He laughed and asked, "Can I hear you sing?"

"Hey! I'm supposed to be asking you to sing! Not the other way around! ...maybe later on, when
we're not in public."

"Ok. I guess I can wait." e grinned. "So what's your favorite song of all time?"

"Oh..that's like an impossible question! But, if I had to pick ine, I'd say Yes I Will."

"Really? As in my Yes I Will?"

"Yes sir." I smiled and nodded. "It's a beautiful song."

"Thank you." He smile.

"So what's yours?"

"God, I dunno..there's so many! Lemme get back to you on that one."

"K." I answered.

We finished our coffee, and realized it was almost midnight. We decided it was time to call it a night, and for me to go back to my hotel room. He was the perfect gentleman. He walked me back up to my room.

We stood outside my door for a few minutes talking befor I went back in.

"I had a really nice time tonight Jessica."

"I did too. Thank you."

"My pleasure. So, what are you doing tomorrow?"

"Um, probably shopping or sightseeing. Why?"

"I was just wondering if you wante to get together again?" He asked shyly.

I grinned, "I'd love to. But, aren't you like working in the studio with the guys or something?"

"Yeah, for a few hours. I would ask if you want to come watch, but, most girls don't want to."

"Oh I'd absolutely love that. More than you know. But, I don't think I should. We just met."

"How about, we spend some time together, and then, one day before you leave, I'll take you to watch us. How's that sound?"

"That sounds great."

"Great." He smiled. "So, I'll call you tomorrow. Good night Jessica." He pulled me in for a hug, and kissed my cheek gently.

"Good night AJ." I returned the hug, and kissed his cheek.

When I walked in, I was greeted by my friends, all waiting for the details of my night.

"Well?!" David asked

"Well what?" I played dumb.

As I was getting into bed, after changing into my pj's, Casey sat on the edge to get the information.

"How was it?" She asked

"Oh, Casey..it was the best night ever. He took me to dinner, then dancing, then we went for coffee and ended p just talking for hours. And..he;s taking me out again tomorrow..."

She smiled and hugged me, "I'm so happy for you."

"It's not a date Casey."

"Was there a goodnight kiss?"

"On the cheek."

"Ok Jessie. Dinner. Dancing. Coffee. Goodnight kiss. Already made more plans. Sounds like a date to me."

"I don't know. I don't wanna think it was, onl to find out he was just being nice. I don't wanna get hurt again."

"Jessie, I know you've been hurt by guys, but give AJ a chance. You never know, maybe you'll have something with him. Maybe he's, the one. Remember I told you you'd just know? Well, you'll know by the second date."

"We just met. And we live 2000 miles away. If we do form a relationship, it can't be romantic. It will only cause heartache for both of us."

"Jess, I wish you'd realize how much you have to offer. You are an amazing, caring person. You deserve the best. And one day, you'll have it. I know it."

"At least someone does." I said, sadly.

Everytime I started to talk about relationships and my lack of one, I got depressed. All I wanted was someone to love, who loves me back. I didn't think that was too much to ask for. Just one man, that will always be there for me, no matter what. A man to love me for me, and not try to change me. One that won't hurt me, or put me down.

"Casey, I love you, but I need to get some sleep."

"Ok. I love you Jess, just promise me one thing."

"What's that?"

"Promise me that if you spend time with AJ, and you two have something, that you'll find a way to pursue it."

"Ok. But, I still don't think-"

"Promise me."

"Ok, Casey. I promise."

"That's all I ask. Goodnight."

"Goodnight."

I laid in bed thinking of AJ. I kept replaying the night over in my head. I was so lucky to have gone out with him, even if it wasn't an official date. I had a great time, and I couldn't wait to see him again tomorrow. I just hoped I wasn't setting myself up for a broken heart.
End Notes:
you guys like it so far?
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9736