If Only.. by babygirl69
Summary: Four friends on a vacation in Los Angeles. Jessica just wants to have a good time. Will a freak run in with her favorite singer turn into love or just another guy in her past that left her heartbroken...
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Group, Other
Genres: Drama, Dramedy, Romance
Warnings: Graphic Sexual Content, Sexual Assault/Rape, Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: No Word count: 9866 Read: 12142 Published: 06/01/09 Updated: 06/04/09
Chapter 7 by babygirl69
The next few days went by slower than any other time I can remember. Casey and I have gone back to work, today is our third day back, and I have never hated this place more. Not only did I miss Alex, whom I texted all day everyday, and spokeon the phone at least two hours a night, but I also realized that everything and everybody here wwas just the same as always. No one ever changed. They came in to buy the same jeans and t-shirts everyday.

Steven and David are over tonight. David has a date later, but wanted to check on me since I hadn't talked to him since we left LA. Casey ordered a pizza, and Steven brought a new movie over for us to watch.

During the movie, I couldn't help but watch how Casey and Steven interacted with each other. Always lovey with each other, kissing, and touching in some way. Watching them made my heart ache for that kind of love. I wasn't asking for a serious relationship right now. I didn't want to rush into anyting, and ruin it. But, I wanted to start building towards all that Casey and Steven have.

After the movie, I went to the kitchen for a drink, and heard Casey behind me.

"Jess, you ok?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"You just seem..I dunno. Like you're a little..depressed."

"Look Case," I let out a loud sigh, "I just miss Alex. And, I've been thinking these past few days since we've been home. And, I just hate it here anymore."

"Hate what? Our apartment?"

"No no no. This town. This state. Ever since I went to LA, I just don't wanna be here. I want to live in LA."

"Jessica. Are you seriously moving there for a guy you don't know?"

"Two days ago you were gonna support any decision I made. And, no. It's not just for Alex. It's for me too. I genuinly loved it there."

She stormed out of the room, ignoring everything I said from there on.

"Casey! I haven't even decided if I'm gonna go or not! Why are you getting so upset?"

"Because, you're gonna leave the state to go play house with some celebrity you think you're in love with, while I stay here and pay for this apartment alone!"

"First. Alex is not just some celebrity! Second-"

"Since when is it Alex anyway?! You think you know him well enough to just call him that now?"

"He asked me to call him that the last night we were in LA." I said quietly, clinching my hands trying to control my temper.

"Well, congratulations."

"Why are you being so hateful? I haven't said I was going. I was just thinking about it."

She stood there quiet for a moment, as if she were reflecting on our fight.

"I'm so sorry Jessica." She whispered. "I-I don't know what got into me. Please forgive me."

"It's ok Casey. I just don't want you to hate me over this. I'm not going. I can't just pack up and leave you with the apartment alone. I'll just wait another 26 das to see him." I chuckled.

"I'm sorry he's so far away."

"Me too." I yawned, "I think I'm gonna get in bed. I'm exhausted. Goodnight."

"Night hun."

I laid in bed for a while, waiting for Alex to call. i hadn't talked to him yet today. He always called by 10, and it was almost midnight. I finally drifted off around 2 or 3, thinking he must've just gotten really busy at the studio, and been too tired to call. Which, I could undersand.



The next day at work, I was having a boring time. It was unusally slow, and I was alone. Casey was at lunch, and I was trying to find anythin to do to keep myself busy. I was straightening up the back displays when I heard the bell on the door ring, meaning someone was coming in. I didn't turn around to look, thinking it was Casey.

I felt arms wrap around my waist, and almost had a heart attack from fear. Until, I looked down and saw the tattoos on the arms. I jumped up and twirled myself around.

"ALEX!!" I yelled, before jumping into his arms and holding him tight.

"Hi Jessie!" He laughed

"What are you..how did you..what are you doing here!?"

I let go, and looked up at him.

"I wanted to see you. So last night, I stayed in the sudio until 5 am, sorry about not calling by the way, and I fiished all my solos. So now, I have a few days off to spend with you."

I grinned and hugged him tight one more time. "I'm so glad to see you!"

"Me too babe. Oh, there's one thing I have to do."

I looked up at him one more time, "What's tha-"

He put his hand on the back of my head, pulling me forward, and kissed me. My hands snaked around his neck and I held onto him for life. He wrapped his arms around me, with one hand on my upper back, and the other on my lower back.

When we pulled apart, Casey was standing at the counter watching us.

"Hey Casey." I giggled, "How long have you been here?"

"About 25 seconds. Don't let me interrupt you." She smiled. "It's time for your lunch Jess."

"OK. I'll be back in an hour."

I gabbed Alex's hand and led him to my car. "How'd you know where to find me anyway?"

"Well, you told me where you worked, so when I got here, I told the cab driver the name of the store, and he knew it."

"Where are your bags?" I asked

"At the hotel. I dropped them off on my way here."

"Oh...well, you know you could've stayed with me."

"It's ok. Maybe, before I leave town I will." He smiled.

I spent my hour lunch with Alex and a little cafe a few blocks away. I was so glad he was here, I didn't care about anything else in the world. I was smiling more than I have in years. And the kisses he would sneak in between our conversations, were so cute.

I sat, holding his hand across the table, just looking at his face. I never wanted to look away. To me, he was flawless. His smile made my heart melt. And his eyes, made me weak in the knees. I was more sure now of my feelings for him. Only I was determined to take it slow. I didn't want us to form a relationship and have it blow up because we pushed it too fast, and did anything we weren't ready for.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9736