If Only.. by babygirl69
Summary: Four friends on a vacation in Los Angeles. Jessica just wants to have a good time. Will a freak run in with her favorite singer turn into love or just another guy in her past that left her heartbroken...
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Group, Other
Genres: Drama, Dramedy, Romance
Warnings: Graphic Sexual Content, Sexual Assault/Rape, Sexual Content
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 8 Completed: No Word count: 9866 Read: 12321 Published: 06/01/09 Updated: 06/04/09
Story Notes:
I had a new idea in my head, so I thought I'd try it and see where it takes me...lemme know what you guys think!
Chapter 1 by babygirl69
"JESSIE! Come on we're gonna miss our plane!"

"I'm comin!" I yelled back down.

I was running late, as usual. I was on my way to California with my best friends, Casey, David, and Steven. We all took two weeks off so we could go to my dream city, Los Angeles. Now, just to give you some background information on us, Casey and Steven have been dating for over a year, and David is gay.

I ran down the stairs with my iPod, the reason I was late. I couldn't find it and there was no way I could make it on an airplane without my music.

"Good god woman come on!" Steven yelled.

I flashed him a shitty look as we walked out the door. When I got in the cab, I couldn't help but grin, after all we were on our way to LA. The city I had always dreamed of going to. The city I'd saved for a year to be able to spend 12 days in. And, best of all, the city the man of my dreams lives in..AJ McLean. Yeah yeah, I know. I won't see him, the city's too big. But hey, I can dream can't I?

When we boarded the plane, I started to get nervous. I had never been on a plane before, and I had always vowed that I'd never get on one. But, when I realized it would give me at least an extra four days in LA, as opposed to driving, I had to agree.

"You ready?" Casey asked, smiling from ear to ear.

"God yes! I'm just scared shitless of this plane!"

"It'll be ok.. we'll be there in a few hours!"

"I know! I'm so glad I have my iPod, I can just put my earphones in and close my eyes."

"I"ll let you know when we land."

I leaned back in my seat, and put my iPod on shuffle. I had over 1600 songs on it, so I was sure to get a variety on the way.



When we landed, Casey shook my shoulders and woke me up. I slowly got up and walked off the plane, following my friends. While we were waiting for our bags, David spotted a guy he thought was hot. And followed him across the terminal. After a few minutes, he returned, with a big smile.

"Well?" I asked

"He gave me his number! His name is Aaron." He grinned

"My God. We just landed!"

"I know!" He said as he picked up his bags, "Now, we have to find you a man."

I shook my head as we walked outside towards the cabs to get a ride to the hotel. "David, I'm not here to meet a man. I just wanna have fun."

"Right. And if you meet a man-"

"I won't do anything about it, because I live two thousand miles away."

"Jessica, you have got to start dating again."

"I will when I meet someone who's not a douche."

"Most men are, you have to meet the right one." Casey added.

"Well, when I meet, the one, I'll date him. With my luck, I won't know who is the one."

"Trust me, yes you will."

I turned to look at Casey, "How?"

"I can't explain it. But, when you look at him, you'll just know. It's the way he looks at you. The way he talks to you, where he takes you, what he does for you. Trust me, Jess, you'll just know."

I could feel my eyes burning from the tears that were threatening to fall, "I hope it happens soon. I'm 24, and sick and tired of being alone."

I leaned my head back on the head rest in the cab. We still had a ways to go to reach our hotel, so I thought I'd use the time to think, and try to clear my head.

When we got to the hotel, we checked into our suite. The four of us had agreed to split the cost of a two bedroom suite, Casey and Steven had one room, and David and I had the other. With two beds in our room, of course. Before we went out for our first day of sightseeing, I wanted to take a shower and freshen up. It was only 11 am our time, which meant it was only 8 am in LA.

I decided to take my time getting ready. I got dressed in a cute mini skirt and a yellow top. I had been going to a tanning bed every other day for two weeks so I wasn't pale, and was proud to show off my tan. I did my makeup and hair, and thought I looked pretty good.

When I walked outta the bathroom, I heard David whistle.

"Why are you so dolled up?"

"I'm not. I just wanted to look cute in pictures..is it too much?" I answered with a smile.

"No. You look great sweetie. You'll definately get a guy."

"David, I told you. I'm not here to meet a guy."

"But, you will."

"I just wanna have a good time. I know I'm not gonna find someone here. So can we just go?"

"Ok, fine. But, if it turns out I'm right-"

At that time, Casey and Andy walked into our part of the suite, Casey was wearing the same outfit, only a green top.

"Oh my god I swear you two need to stop with this damn twin vibe shit!" David yelled, throwing his hands in the air. He was always yelling because it would freak him out when we'd say the same random things.

"Well, Jess..we look great! Let's go!" Casey said.

"Yes. Let's." I said while walking into the hall.

I had just arrived in LA, excited to see all the sights, and try some new restaurants. And, I was not about to let the fact that I was single ruin my vacation. I was determined to have the time of my life, and not worry about finding love. I was going to let it find me. Little did I know, it was about to.
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=9736