Shout At The Devil by bjnkha9192
Summary:
 photo Shout at The Devil_zpsdmqemnip.jpg


Months have passed since the shooting, BSB are in the middle of recording their latest album. Brian returns home to find his son along with the other boys missing, with no leads as to their whereabouts the guys are helpless. Little do they know the boys are at the mercy of someone's sinister plot and are in severe danger. Together with two local detectives they do all they can to bring their boys home safe and sound but will it be too late?
Categories: Fanfiction > Backstreet Boys Characters: AJ, Brian, Group, Howie, Kevin, Nick, Other
Genres: Action, Angst, Drama, Dramedy, Humor, Romance, Suspense
Warnings: Child Abuse, Sexual Content, Violence
Challenges:
Series: The Winchester Saga, Jr. BSB Series
Chapters: 21 Completed: Yes Word count: 40723 Read: 34526 Published: 09/18/15 Updated: 12/31/17
Story Notes:
If reading, please leave a review!
Prologue by bjnkha9192
Carry on my wayward son, There'll be peace when you are done,
Lay your weary head to rest, Don't you cry no more


“GUILTY” Derek flinched as the word was repeated over and over while Damien received the verdict of his trial. He looked over seeing Daphne completely inconsolable, weeping into an old handkerchief. A few days later they sat in the courtroom, Damien stood before the judge in a pair of orange coveralls, his hands and feet bound by shackles.

"Mr. Winchester, I have no words for the crime you have committed" the judge said, his words fading out as Mr. Winchester looked across the room to the boys who were smiling and silently cheering to themselves, he clenched his fist against his lap. Daphne once again loudly weeping as they pulled Damien from the courtroom.

"Mom, I'm so sorry" Damien sobbed as the guards tugged on his arm, she then got up from her seat and ran.

“Mom” he heard Darren utter as he took off behind her, out of the corner of his eye he saw Kyle look on sadly as Darren sprinted after Daphne.

He caught Kyle’s eye, bowing his head in silence and giving him a look of sympathy before walking out.

"Ian thank you so much" Kellie said hugging him.

"No problem, glad I could help, I'll see you guys" he said picking up his briefcase and leaving the courtroom.

He watched the prosecutor leave the room before approaching Kellie & Kevin, trying to keep his anger in check.

“Well…I guess congratulations are in order” Derek said approaching Kellie and Kevin “You’ve won after all” he said bitterly.

“I don’t think anybody came out a winner in this situation, and I don’t know how you can think otherwise” Kevin said to him, only angering him more.

"Well...don't get too excited there...this isn't over yet, I will make this up to my son, no matter what it takes” he said storming out.

The car ride home was kept in silence, reporters and photographers sat parked outside of the Winchester house waiting for Daphne and Derek to arrive home. Camera flashes began going off as soon as their car pulled up in front of their house. They all shouted questions out after them as they scurried inside.

"Mr. and Mrs. Winchester have no comment at this time" their lawyer said before went inside as well.

Derek and his lawyer sat in his office while polishing off a bottle of liquor. He looked out of the window and saw a newsman pull up in front of the house, he drew the curtains closed.

"Reginald!" he bellowed.

"Yes sir?" Reginald asked coming into the room immediately.

"If more reporters show up I need you to get rid of them for me" he said taking a drink.

"Certainly sir, will you be needing anything else?" Reginald asked.

"Not right now, thank you" Reginald nodded before leaving and closing the door behind him "We can fight this can't we?" Derek asked his lawyer "We can appeal?" he asked hopefully.

"Filing an appeal would just be a waste of the court's time" Garrett said to him.

"There has to be something...my son does not belong in jail, you need to find a way to fix this" Derek said to him.

"There's nothing" Garrett said in defeat.

"No, there has to be something, we need to get him out, what about a reduced sentence?"

"Not going to happen" Drew said "The kid shot two teachers and two other kids...two kids who just so happen to have celebrity parents."

"Celebrity...what celebrities? They're a washed up relic of the last decade" Derek said angrily.

"Who are still selling out arenas, making good album sales and still have hordes of fans across the world".

"Who's side are you on here?" Derek asked "We need to prove that he wasn't in the right frame of mind somehow."

"I tried that remember? I failed miserably, Damien passed the trial hearing, not to mention the psychiatrist's report that concluded that Damien had no mental anomalies". "I'm sorry Derek...it’s over, I better get going, need to start putting together some sort of statement for the press" Garrett said standing up he said pulling his jacket back on and leaving the office.

Derek stood over some cardboard boxes, the remains of Damien's rage fueled rampage on the house inside.

"Dad?" Darren asked standing in the doorway "I'm heading out" he said.

"How's your mother?" Derek asked taking a drink.

"As well as can be expected" Darren said to him “Man, Damien really did a number on this place” Darren said looking around “Looks like a tornado came through here” he said.

“I keep thinking about what your brother said in court” Derek said clinking the ice cubes in his drink against the glass. “About how I favored you over him” he said "What do you think?" Derek asked.

Darren shrugged "What can I say...Damien's...sick, I don't know.

“And your mother… she believes this whole ordeal is my fault" Derek said sitting on the edge of his desk.

"She's just upset" Darren said to him.

“If I put pressure on Damien, it’s only because I wanted him to be the best…like you were" Derek said.

"That's just it, Damien's not me, he's him...I don't understand why you have me on this pedestal, like I'm the greatest thing in sports history or something" Darren said to him.

"So because I'm proud of you, that makes me the bad guy?" Derek asked angrily.

“You’re not a bad guy dad, I got to go...look um if you need anything, just call me, alright?” Darren said leaving the room.

He emerged from his office, shutting the doors behind him and retreating to his bedroom. He could hear Daphne sobbing and followed the sounds of her distressed cries. The moon illuminated the large lump in their bed, Daphne lye with her back facing him, he looked at her helplessly.

"Daphne" he said softly.

“I don't want you in here tonight" she said.

"Daphne..." he said "Everything is going to be fine, I'm going to fix it don't worry, we'll have him home in no time" he said.

“Derek!” she said “Leave! I just want to be alone right now” she said to him.

“Daphne” he said.

“Now!” she yelled at him.

He got up from the bed, her sobbing become cries of distress as he walked towards the door and shut it behind him. The night grew on and the house became silent.

"Excuse me sir, do you require anything more of me?" Reginald asked.

"Uh...no Reginald thank you" Derek said to him.

"I shall retire then, goodnight sir" Reginald said leaving the room.

"Goodnight" he said as Reginald closed the door behind him.

He stared at the newspaper lying on his desk, he picked it up and unfolded it. Damien's face was plastered on the front page, he unfolded it once more to find the boys on the bottom of the page. Thinking back to the sympathetic look Kyle gave him before leaving the courtroom earlier that day. He then tossed the paper into the fire, pouring the liquor over it and watched it turn black and disintegrate.
End Notes:
"Carry On My Wayward Son"-Kansas
This story archived at http://absolutechaos.net/viewstory.php?sid=11388