- Text Size +
Chapter Thirty One - Nevada

I had always pictured Las Vegas in the evening, the whole city alive with lights and music and noise. After enjoying an early lunch of Cheerios with Nick (in which he tried to get several round O’s down my shirt by using his spoon as a catapult), we felt the bus come to a halt. Nick leaned over and looked out the window.

“Viva Las Vegas!”

I looked out. Vegas in the daytime just seemed, I don’t know, like any city. Except this one had a pyramid. That was kind of cool.

“We’re staying at the Bellagio,” Nick said, gesturing out the bus window. I stared out and up in awe.

“It’s beautiful,” I said, admiring the beautiful architecture and fountains.

“It’s got everything,” Nick said. “Restaurants, gambling, golfing, Cirque De Soleil,” he explained. He picked up my duffel bag.

“And very nice rooms,” he added, taking my hand. I smiled.

We stepped off the bus. A concierge was already standing outside of the door, a luggage rack waiting. Nick carried our duffel bags in, leaving the rest of the luggage for the rack.

“Isn’t it beautiful?” Rochelle said, jogging up to me. She was also admiring everything.

“You’re going to love it,” AJ said, pressing her close to his side. “Penthouse, baby.”

I looked at Nick. “Did you get a penthouse suite?” I asked.

Nick’s eyes sparkled. “We got a penthouse suite,” he amended, pointing to himself and me. I grinned.

Once inside, the guys headed up to a private VIP counter. Each received a key that allowed access to a special elevator that only went up to the penthouse suites. The Bellagio didn’t mess around; no keycards here.

“Shall we?” Nick asked, dangling the key in front of me. I nodded.

We rode up with Brian. I felt bad for him; without Leighanne and Baylee I couldn’t help but think he must be lonely. Even so, he smiled, bouncing on his heels.

“We playing golf, Nick?”

“Tomorrow,” Nick said. “I have my own plans tonight.” I felt Nick’s gaze on me.

Brian smirked. “Bom chicka wah wah,” he sang. I blushed.

Nick smacked him in the arm with a duffel bag.

“Ow! Okay, change of subject. When’s Aaron getting here?” Brian asked, rubbing his arm.

“He’ll be here tonight. I thought we could all go out to dinner and hit the club for a little bit and then…I think I’ll turn in early.”

“Somehow I don’t think you’ll be sleeping,” Brian teased. I heard another soft “Bom chicka wah wah” and felt the tips of my ears turn red.

“How’s Baylee’s karate classes going?” I said in a desperate attempt to change the subject.

“Good. He’s going to kick his dad’s butt when he gets a little bigger,” Brian admitted. “I think I need to enroll in some taekwondo or something.”

The elevator stopped at the 31st floor. Brian got off.

“See you tonight for dinner,” he said. “Where we eatin’?”

“Prime Steakhouse,” Nick called before the doors closed again. The elevator stopped again at the 32nd floor.

“This is our stop,” Nick said, stepping off, our bags slung over his shoulder. I followed. He unlocked the door with the same key he used in the elevator. His hand on the knob, he paused, looking at me apologetically.

“I’d like to carry you in, but…” he held up his cast.

“That’s okay,” I said with a laugh. I ducked underneath his arm into the penthouse.

If I was in awe of the outside of the Bellagio, I was even more enchanted with the inside. The penthouse was huge. We were standing in the entertainment lounge. I walked past a wall-mounted flat screen TV and plush leather couches into the bedroom. The focal point of the room was a magnificent king size bed. I ran my hands over the sheets. Silk.

The smell of fresh flowers enchanted my senses; all varieties of flowers in crystal vases were strewn through the entire suite.

“Check out the bathroom,” Nick said, taking my hand. I stumbled slightly, laughing. I gladly followed him, giving a little “Oh!” as I took it all in. I could have lived in that bathroom. It was split into a his and hers bath complete with a steam shower for two and …a whirlpool tub.

“Want to take a bath?” Nick said teasingly. He made a motion to indicate scissors; I elbowed him gently in the stomach.

“This is heaven,” I said, twirling around in a slow circle. Nick grabbed me mid-turn, kissing me with a hunger that surprised me.

“I packed that outfit I wore on stage last night,” I said huskily. Nick grinned, pulling me even closer.

“When we get back up here tonight I want you to wear it,” he said, his hands sliding over my rear. “Just so I can take it off. With my teeth.”

I gasped slightly; the expression of my face seemed to amuse him. With a little growl he began to nip at my neck. My head fell back; I laughed.

“This is going to be the best day ever,” I said with a sigh of contentment. “I can’t tell you how much I need this right now.”

“We’re just getting started,” Nick said. He checked his watch. “Which reminds me, I think a little shopping is in order for tonight. Let’s go.”

-------------------------------

“It’s perfect,” Nick said an hour later, reclining in a plush velvet chair.

I stood in front of the mirror, staring at my reflection. I wore a beautiful dark blue dress with a plunging neckline. I picked up the price tag; my eyes widened.

“Ha! It’s more than my house payment back home,” I said, dropping the tag. “I’m almost afraid to move in it now.”

“How’s everything going over here?” a saleswoman asked, smiling primly. Nick looked up at her; I swear in a previous life he was a snake charmer. I saw her properness melt away and she tossed her hair flirtatiously. Nick seemed oblivious. His head turned back to me.

“Doesn’t she look fantastic?” he said, gesturing at my reflection in the mirror. I shook my head.

“Beautiful,” the saleswoman assured him; I could almost smell the desperation for a sale. I began to shuffle off to the dressing room.

“We’ll take it,” I heard Nick say. I twirled around.

“What? No we won’t,” I corrected.

“Yes we will,” Nick said sweetly. “You can wear it to dinner tonight.”

“So I can spill ketchup on a 900 dollar dress?” I guffawed.

“You won’t spill ketchup,” Nick said laughing.

“I got my hair stuck in a bathtub,” I said, my hands flying through the air. It was my second worst habit; talking with my hands when I got flustered.

Nick looked at the saleslady; he was having way too much fun seeing me squirm. “Like I said, we’ll take it.”

Twenty minutes later I walked out of the boutique, the dress hanging over my shoulder in a garment bag.

“You’re ridiculous,” I complained.

“No, I’m not,” Nick countered. He took the bag gently from me.

“Well, can I at least get you something to wear tonight?” I said. He shook his head.

“C’mon,” I complained. “I can’t buy you a suit, but at least let me get you something.”

I walked into the men’s boutique. Nick followed behind me reluctantly.

“You don’t have to do that,” Nick complained. I stuck out my tongue.

“Very mature,” Nick said.

“You’re the one that was trying to throw Cheerios down my shirt this morning!” I reminded him in a loud whisper. The sales clerk gave us both a look.

I wandered around the displays. I couldn’t believe that people spent so much money for one little article of clothing. I was just about ready to give up when I found a dark blue tie that matched my dress perfectly.

“You can wear this to dinner tonight,” I said happily, holding it up. Nick took it from me and studied it.

He started to shake his head, but I snatched it from him and walked up to the counter. It was a done deal.

“You know, Nick,” I said sweetly as we headed back up to the room to change for dinner. “This tie has multiple purposes.”

He looked at me. I could almost see his dirty thoughts flashing through his mind. “Oh really?”

I took the tie out, touching the silk. I smiled up at him

“Does this have anything to do with tonight?” he asked. I watched him run his tongue over his lips.

“Mm-hmm,” I said.

“Are you thinking what I’m thinking?” Nick asked hopefully.

“If you’re thinking about a little restraint and whipped cream, then yes,” I said. The elevator doors opened, I strutted past him, waving the tie in the air. I listened for his footsteps beside mine, but it was silent. I turned around and broke out laughing.

He was kneeled down in the elevator, his eyes heavenward.

“Thank you God,” he said, his hands folded. “I am a lucky, lucky man.”

And I was a lucky woman, I thought to myself. Any girl that had a chance to tie Nick Carter up and make him into her very own ice cream sundae was one lucky girl.

It was fitting we were in Las Vegas because I knew that in a few hours I would be the biggest winner in Vegas. My jackpot was Nick.