- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's the next chapter enjoy!!!!!!!!!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 14
~Brian’s POV~
By the time we landed and got to the hotel, it was almost four o’clock in the morning and we were both tired. I really wanted to go to the hospital, but I knew there’d be no point; I wouldn’t be able to see Leighann. And Mom had Baylee at the house. And I didn’t want to go there, so here we were at a hotel not far from the hospital.
“Brian, you okay.” Hailey asked breaking me out my thoughts.
“I really don’t know.” I said and sighed.
“What do you need me to do?” She asked and hugged me from behind.
“Just hold me for now.” I said and turned around in her arms. “I feel like my life is falling apart around me. And the only light I see is you.”
“I’m sorry things have gotten so bad, in such a short time.” She said and cupped my face with her hand. “I wish I could take away all your pain.”
“You do just by being with me.” I said and kissed her.
She pulled away and took my hand in hers.
“Let’s get some sleep, it’s been a long a day, and it’s only gonna get longer.” She said. “We have to pick Baylee up at 8 and then head to the hospital.”
“Thank you so much Hailey.” I said. “I don’t know what I’d do without you.”
“I love you Brian, and I’d do anything for you.” She said. “It’s nothing.”
“Come on, I need some sleep.” I said and led her to the bed.
“That’s sounds good.” She said as she sat down on the edge of the bed.
I sat next to her and picked up her hand. I kissed the back of his and laced our fingers together.
“I have an idea.” She said and stood up. “You get ready for bed, and I’ll be back. But forget the shirt.”
“Okay.” I said as she walked out of the room.
I stood up and stripped down my boxers. I laid down face first on the bed and waited for Hailey to come back into the room.
“Prefect, just where I want you,” She said as I felt the bed dip. “Now this may be cold, but once I get it worked in you’ll feel better.”
“Mmmmkay.” I mumbled and closed my eyes.
She squirted the lotion onto my back and started working into my skin. It felt good. I could feel the stress melting away.
“You feel better?” She asked after she was done.
“A lot.” I said and rolled over to look at her. “Thank you Baby.”
“It’s nothing.” She said and pulled back the cover. “Come on, into bed with you.”
I smiled at her and then rolled over onto the other side of bed. I moved over to my side and held the covers up for her to join me. She shut the bedside light off and then joined me in bed. I pulled her to me and wrapped my arms around her.
“I love you.” I said and kissed her neck.
“Time for sleep.” She said and yawned. “We’ve got a long ass day tomorrow. Seeing as we’ll be seeing yours and her families.”
“Do I have to?” I asked.
“Yes. Baylee can’t wait to see you.” She said. “Now sleep.”
“Night.” I said and closed my eyes.
When I woke up in the morning, Hailey was no longer in bed with me. I rolled over onto my back and stared at the ceiling. I really just didn’t want to go to the hospital today, but I knew Hailey would make me go.
“Penny for your thoughts.” Hailey said sitting on the edge of the bed.
“I really don’t want to go.” I said.
“Why?” She asked.
“I’m afraid?” I said and looked at her.
“Afraid of what?” She asked gently.
“That I won’t be strong enough.” I said and looked back at the ceiling.
“You know I will stand by whatever you decided.” She said. “I’m not going anywhere.”
“I know that.” I said and sighed. “I just don’t wan to confront her.”
“I don’t either, but we have to. It’s better to do it now then later.” She said. “Plus she really can’t make a scene.”
“I just have this feeling that this is a set up.” I said.
“If I will make it easier on you, I won’t go.” She said. “I don’t want to make this to be harder on you then it should be.”
“I’m not ashamed of you.” I said sitting up.
“I know that Baby. I’m not saying that you are, but I don’t want to cause a scene at the hospital.” She said. “It’s bad enough what they’re saying about me and I don’t want to make it worse.”
“I really don’t think I can do it without you.” I said and cupped her face. “I love you.”
“I love you too.” She said and leaned forward to kiss me on the forehead. “We’ll do whatever you want.”
“Why are you being so good about this?” I asked. “Not that I’m complaining.”
“Because like I’ve said before, don’t want to make this any harder on you then it already is.” She said and slid off the bed. “Come on, you barely got time for a shower, so you better move it.”
“You wanna join me?” I asked and wiggled my eyebrows.
“Maybe later.” She said and licked her lips. “We don’t have time right now.”
“Damn.” I said and slid off the bed. “I love you.”
“I want my good morning kiss.” She said stepping towards me.
“Well Damn, where are my manners.” I asked and pulled her to me.
“I’m so glad to see you smile.” She said and cupped my face. “But please kiss me.”
I didn’t say anything I just leaned forward and kissed her. She pulled away before the kiss could get to deep.
“Go take a shower, you’ll feel better.” She said and pulled away from me. “You’re Mom will be picking us up in a half hour.”
“I’m going.” I said and threw my hands up.
Hailey smiled at me as I headed for the bathroom. But her smile didn’t reach her eyes something was bothering her.
I shook my head as I shut the bathroom door behind me. Hailey had already started the shower for me. That brought a huge smile to my face. God I was really lucky to have her. Leighann would never do something like this for me. It really just showed me how much I should be with Hailey and leave Leighann behind.
God knows this sounds bad, but I really hope that child she cares isn’t mine. Don’t get me wrong I love Baylee, but if this child is mine, she’ll hold it against me for the rest of our lives.
And I really can’t do that to Hailey.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
~Hailey’s POV~
While Brian was in the shower, I decided to check my email. I knew I had been putting it off long enough.
And once I logged into my inbox it was full of emails that I really didn’t want to read and wasn’t going too. I had a feeling I was going to have to change my email address and take it off my website. I hated to do that, because I love my fans and I love hearing form them, but it was Brian’s fans that ruined it for all of the other.
And from what I can tell, they all know that we’re here in Atlanta and not on the way to the next show. Did they really think I’d keep Brian from coming to see Leighann? God I may be a bitch, but when it comes to Brian and what he wants, I’m a huge softy. I can never really say no to him.
And as much as it would hurt, if he decided to go back to Leighann, I would let him go. All I want is for him to be happy. So if she makes him happy, I’ll let him go.
“You okay?” Brian asked breaking me out of my thoughts.
“Yeah I was just going through my emails.” I said looking back at him.
“I’m guessing the fans know we’re not on the way to Salt Lake City then.” He said walking around the couch.
“They are having mixed reactions to us being here.” I said and ran my fingers through my hair. “They don’t know that Leighann is in the hospital, yet.”
“Don’t worry it will be okay.” He said and sat next to me. “In the end everything will be worth this pain. You just have to believe that.”
“God she was such a fool to cheat on you and then push you away.” I said and smiled at him. “I love you.”
“I love you to.” He said and leaned forward to kiss me.
But as soon as our lips touched, someone started to knock on the door. I pulled away and smiled at him.
“That’s your Mom and son.” I said. “You better go get it.”
He rolled his eyes and stood up. My eyes followed his ass as he walked to the door. I don’t think I’ve said enough but damn do I love his ass, and it’s just the icing on the cake that he’s wearing my favorite jeans. Maybe he shouldn’t have let me pack his clothes.
“Hailey!” Baylee yelled and ran right for me.
I opened my arms and caught him in a huge hug.
“I missed you buddy.” I said as he pulled away from me.
“I missed you too.” He said and smiled up at me.
“You ready to go see Mommy?” I asked and packed up my lap top.
“Uhhuh.” He said and nodded his head.
“Well let’s go.” I said standing up.
“Is it a good idea that you go Hailey?” Jackie asked.
“No, but I’m going anyways.” I said as I grabbed my purse off the coffee table.
“Mom, don’t worry it will be okay.” Brian said.
“You better be right about this. I would hate to cause a scene at the hospital.” She said.
“So do we, but if it happens it won’t be because of us.” I said.
“Well let’s go.” Jackie said and headed for the door.
Brian and I shared a look behind her back. She confused us both.
When we got down to Jackie’s rental car, I climbed in the back seat with Baylee. There was no in hell I was ridding in front with her, she really pissed that I was here and I really didn’t want to make it worse then it already was going to be.
“So Leighann woke up last night.” Jackie said.
“That’s great news.” Brian said. “What about the baby?”
“The Baby is fine.” Jackie said. “They’re waiting for you to get there so they can do a DNA test. Why do they have to do a DNA test?”
I really had something mean to say, but I wasn’t about to say in front of Baylee.
“Cause Mommy doesn’t think Daddy’s the babies Daddy.” Baylee said.
“What?” Jackie asked looking over at Brian.
“She cheated on me.” Brian said not looking at his mother. “Can we not do this now?”
“Sure Son.” Jackie said.
The rest of the ride to the hospital was quite. Not ever Baylee said anything.
When we pulled into the parking lot and parked the car, I noticed all the fans, shit this is just want I needed.
“I’m gonna have to carry Baylee in.” I said.
“Why?” Jackie asked.
“Because if she’s holding Baylee the fans won’t attack her,” Brian said. “God this speared really fast.”
“Well this is big news.” I said and helped Baylee unbuckle his seatbelt. “Ready kiddo?”
“Yup.” Baylee said.
I reached behind me and opened my door then slid out. Baylee followed me and when he reached the end of the seat, he wrapped his arms around me neck and his legs around my waist. I really wish it didn’t have to be this way, but damnit it was the only way I could get inside without getting hurt.
“Ready?” Brian asked wrapping his arm around my waist.
“As I will ever be.” I said and shut the car door with my foot.
“I really wish at times like these I wasn’t so famous.” Brian said.
“You don’t mean that.” Jackie said walking around the car, locking it as she went.
“I know, I’m just tired.” He said as we headed for the door.
Once the fans realized who we were, they were all over us. I kept my head down and my hand over Baylee’s head. I really hated that I had to use him as a shield but there was no way that they would even think about hurting Brian’s son.
The fans got so bad that they had to send security out to help us get into the hospital. I’ve never seen the fans this crazy before. Even back in the Boys hay day, they never got this bad. I mean blocking us from getting into the hospital is a little different then blocking the way into the hotel.
Once we were inside, they took us right up to Leighann’s floor and right into a privet waiting room, where we hopefully wouldn’t be bothered by anyone.
“That was insane.” I said and sat Baylee in a chair.
“I have a feeling it’s just going to get much worse.” Brian said as a nurse came in.
“Mr. Littrell, your wife would like to see you, alone.” The Nurse said.
“Go, I’ll be okay.” I said and squeezed his hand. “Don’t worry about me.”
“I love you.” He said and kissed me.
“Love you too.” I said pulling away. “Really don’t worry about me. I’m not going anywhere.”
“I’ll be back soon.” He said and turned to Baylee. “Baylee, you be good for Grandma and Hailey now.”
“When can I see Mommy?” Baylee asked.
“When I’m done talking to her, I’ll come get you Okay?” Brian asked.
“Okay.” Baylee said and smiled at Brian.
“If you’re ready Mr. Littrell.” The Nurse said.
“I’m coming.” Brian said and followed her out of the room.
I just watched as Brian walked away from us. I really had a bad feeling about this whole thing.
“You’re lucky no one else was around.” Jackie said. “But I’m sure the nurse saw enough to confirm the rumors.” Jackie said. “I do say I haven’t seen my son this happy in a while. When he’s around you, he can’t keep the smile off his face.”
“I really do love him.” I said looking at her.
“Oh I have no doubt about that.” She said. “And I can tell that he really loves you.”
“Why do I feel like there’s a, but, on the end of that?” I asked sitting next to Baylee.
“But I don’t think you are right for my son.” She said. “Not that he will listen to me when I tell him that.”
“I’m not going anywhere until he asks me to leave.” I said. “And that’s all I have to say about it.”
“Fine.” She said and sat across from us.
I rolled my eyes, pulled a coloring book and crayons out of my purse, and handed them to Baylee. From the smile on Baylee’s face, I knew that I was right in getting them for him this morning from the hotel gift shop.
He took them, sat them on the coffee table in front of us, and sat on the floor so he could color.
I smiled at him and pulled out my lap top. Might as well try to get some work done. I had a feeling we were going to be here all day. Not that I really minded this is where we needed to be, no matter how much I didn’t like it.
About an hour later Baylee started to pull on my pants leg.
“What’s up Buddy?” I asked looking down at him.
“I have to go potty.” He said looking at me.
“Okay, give me a second.” I said and saved what I had been working on.
I locked my computer then set it on the table in front of me.
“Jackie, I’m gonna take Baylee to the bathroom.” I said standing up.
Baylee followed me.
“Take security with you.” She said looking up from her book.
“I will.” I said. “Do you need anything?”
“No, I’m fine.” She said. “Thank you though.”
“No prob, we’ll be back.” I said and headed for the door the nurse led Brian out.
When I opened the door, I found to security guards standing on the other side.
“Can one of you guys walk with us down to the bathroom?” I asked.
“Mike, you go. I’ll stay here.” One of them said.
“Right this way Ma’am.” Mike said.
“Thank you.” I said and took Baylee’s hand.
As we walked by people were giving us wired looks. I tried to ignore them the best I could. But when I started to hear the whispers, I started to get pissed. Damnit, they could talk about me all they wanted, but they had no right to drag Baylee into this.
I stood out side the men’s bathroom door while Baylee when in to use the bathroom. As I stood there, I heard a group of nurses talking about me. I wanted to go over there, but I didn’t want to cause a scene. I really wish one of them would come up to me so I could hit them in the fucking face.
As soon as Baylee came out, we headed right for our privet waiting room. Which, thankfully was the other way then were the girls were standing.
When we got the our waiting room, Mike opened the door for us and held it open.
“Thank you.” I said as we walked by.
“Just doing my job Ma’am.” Mike said.
“I know, but still thank you.” I said.
He just nodded his head and shut the door behind him.
Baylee walked over, sat back down on the floor, and continued to color. I just sat back in my chair and closed my eyes. I really need to keep my temper in control.
“I can’t believe Brian’s not back yet.” Jackie said.
“They have a lot to talk about.” I said and looked at her.
“I’m worried about him.” She said.
“Me too.” I said and ran my fingers through my hair. “I hope he’s back soon.”
“I’m sure he will be.” She said and tired to smile.
“Yeah.” I said and pulled out my cell phone.
I had a new text message from Terri.
I opened the message and replied to it.
It didn’t make me feel any better that everyone was worried about this trip. They guys all had the same bad feeling about this trip I had, but they also understood that we needed to do this, no matter how much we didn’t want to.
The door opening broke me out of my thoughts. I looked up hoping to see Brian, but I never expected to see my Brother and Mother standing in the door way. That did not sit well with me.
“What are you two doing here?” I asked standing up.
As Baylee could sense something was wrong, he moved back behind me. I looked down at him and he had a worried look on his face. I could tell that he knew my brother.
“We came to make sure that Leighann was okay.” Brad said smirking.
“Well go find somewhere else to sit.” I said. “You are not welcome here.”
“Do you really think she’s going to give everything up to be with you?” I asked.
“Yes.” He said. “Seeing as the child she carries is mine.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~