- Text Size +
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Hailey’s POV~
When I woke the next morning, my head was spinning. I hadn’t gotten that drunk in a long ass time. God, Brian would have never let me get this bad. Kyle has been with me long enough to know when I to cut me off, but did he, no.
When I got a hold of Kyle, I was going to kill him. He was never going to work in this fucking town again, if I had anything to do with it.
Hearing someone groan next me broke me out of my thoughts. I looked and saw my worst nightmare. This is what I just didn’t need. Fuck my life! Why does shit like this always happen to me? God, I’m never drinking again.
“Oh you got to be fucking kidding me!” I said and groaned.
“Do you have to be so fucking loud?” He asked.
“Please tell me we did not have sex last night?” I asked pleading.
“I have no idea.” He said and sat up. “I don’t remember shit from last night.”
“Oh I’m fucked.” I said and put my head in my hands.
“No babe that was last night.” He said and laughed.
“You are so not fucking helping.” I snapped at him.
“Damn when did you get such a potty mouth?” He asked.
“I’ve been hanging out with AJ way to fucking long.” I said and got out of bed.
“What the fuck are you doing?” He asked.
“Getting dressed then fucking leaving so I can go kill Kyle.” I said. “His ass is so fucking fired.”
“You’re gonna fire him because you got drunk and spent the night in my bed?” He asked.
“I didn’t even want to go to that damn party.” I said and picked up my bra and put it on.
“Why?” He asked.
“Because I have a good man waiting for me, and now I have tell him about this.” I said. “That’s if he doesn’t find out first.”
“Well maybe you shouldn’t drink so much and then maybe shit like this wouldn’t happen.” He said as I pulled on my shirt.
“You are so not helping.” I said rolling my eyes and pulling up my skirt.
“You looked hot last night, by the way.” He said licking his lips. “You’d look even better taking that all of and joining me back in bed.”
“As pissed as I am right now, you really don’t need to push it anymore.” I said. “I will not be afraid to kick your fucking ass okay?”
“Feisty, just the way I like it.” He said and grinned at me.
I rolled my eyes and grabbed my shoes.
“I’m out of here, leave me the fuck alone.” I said and walked out of his hotel room.
When I got back to my room, I found Kyle passed out on my couch. I walked over to the couch and pushed him off, waking him up.
“Why the fuck did you do that?” He asked standing up.
“Pack your shit and get the fuck out of here.” I said crossing my arms over my chest.
“You’re firing me?” He asked laughing.
“Yes.” I said. “And I’m not joking, I will be calling Dan to send me a replacement PR rep.”
“Why?” He asked.
“Because you dumb fuck you let me get drunk off my ass and I may or may not have cheated on my boyfriend.” I said. “And I’m fucking pissed as Hell if you couldn’t tell.”
“You can’t fire me.” He said and smirked.
“Watch me.” I said and pulled my cell phone out of my pocket.
I dialed Dan’s number, hopping he’d pick up.
“Dude Hailey, I love you, but it’s way to fucking early to be up on Sunday morning.” Dan said.
“I’m firing Kyle and I need you get me a replacement stat.” I said.
“What did the dumbass do now?” He asked. “And can his firing wait?”
“He let me get drunk at a party and let me go home with, He-who-may-not-be-named.” I said.
“You went home with Voldemort?” He asked. “Why would you do that? That’s just gross.”
“No you dumb fuck the other one.” I said.
“You mean, your ex that you never want to talk about again?” He asked. “That one?”
“That’s the one.” I said and sighed.
“He did not?” He asked.
“Oh he did.” I said looking at Kyle. “So get him the fuck out of here, before I kill him. Because you know I’ll do it. Shit I have to call Brian.”
“I’m sorry Hailey; I didn’t think he’d be so fucking stupid.” He said. “I’ll call him.”
“Thank you.” I said. “And do tell him, he better be gone by the time I come out of my room.”
“I will.” He said and hung up on me.
I didn’t say anything to Kyle as I pushed past him and went into my room.
God if things really couldn’t get any worse then they already were. But knowing my luck they could. Fuck my life.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Brian’s POV~
“Brian, what the fuck is wrong with you?” Terri asked coming up to me.
“Nothing.” I said looking at her.
“That’s bull shit and you know it.” She said. “You’ve been in a pissy mood since Hailey left. God she didn’t even want to go, but had to go because it’s part of her job.”
“I know that.” I said as she gave me a look. “Don’t give me that look, I know she didn’t want to go. Things will be fine when she comes back.”
“She doesn’t even know if she’s gonna come back, seeing as you won’t fucking answer you damn phone.” She said throwing her hands up. “She calls you about twenty times a day and you never answer your damn phone.”
“I’m busy.” I said and shrugged.
“No you’re avoiding her.” She said. “You have time now, why not call her?”
“I have to go feed Baylee.” I said.
“Are you really that fucking stupid?” She asked. “She’s hurt that you won’t answer her phone calls, she really thinks you’re pissed at her and she has no idea what she did to make you ignore her.”
I just shrugged.
“Do you know how hard this is on her?” She asked and threw her hands up again. “She has given up all others just to be with you. She’s never done that before. She did it because she never wants to hurt you the way Leighann did. She’s worried sick that she did something to make you change your mind. You really can’t go on ignoring her like this. It’s killing her.”
“What do you want me to say Terri?” I asked.
“Get your fucking head out of your ass and fix this! She’s my best friend and I will have to kill you if you hurt her.” She said and walked away.
I sighed and pulled out my phone. I looked at it and saw that I already had five missed calls, all from Hailey. Deep down I knew Terri was right, but damnit I was hurt.
Why, I wasn’t really sure.
“What did you do to piss Terri off?” AJ asked walking up behind me.
“I have no idea.” I said and shrugged.
“Right.” He said. “It has nothing to do with the fact that you’re ignoring Hailey at all.”
“What do you want me to say?” I asked looking at him.
“Why are you pushing her away?” He asked. “She hasn’t done anything to make you think that she’s gonna cheat on you.”
“I know, I just hate feeling this way, but I can’t help worrying that something is gonna happen and she’ll find someone else.” I said. “I don’t want to lose her.”
“Pushing her away isn’t helping at all. Just talk to the poor girl.” He said. “I just got off the phone with her and she was freaking crying. Hailey never cries.”
“I’ll go call her.” I said and looked down at my phone.
“You better, because we’re all ready to kick your ass.” He said and walked away.
I looked up to see Baylee playing with James. It brought a smile to my face.
God, I couldn’t do it. I couldn’t pick up my phone and call her. I had no idea what to say to her, even if I did call her.
“There you are, Brian.” Howie said. “I’ve been looking for you. I just wanted to remind you about the interview we have tonight. And Hailey called me about ten minutes ago to have me remind you that she’d be back tomorrow before the concert.”
“Okay cool.” I said looking at him.
“You okay Brian?” He asked looking worried.
“Yeah, I will be.” I said and smiled at him.
“You sure?” He asked.
“Yeah, I’m sure.” I said. “I should go find Baylee and feed him lunch.”
“Leigh fed him when she fed James.” He said.
“Can you thank her for me?” I asked looking at him.
“Sure. You gonna go call Hailey now?” He asked.
“Yeah, I think I will.” I said and smiled at him.
“Cool.” He said and walked away.
I shook my head and headed for the buses. As soon as I stepped onto the bus, my phone started to vibrate again. I looked down and saw that it was, once again, Hailey calling me.
I hit ignore and then put it on silent. I tossed my phone onto the table and then threw myself onto the couch. I closed my eyes and let my mind wonder.
I really did feel bad that I was ignoring her, but I had no idea what to say to her. I was surprised that she was still trying to talking to me. I really would have thought that she would have given up by now. But then again, this is Hailey we are talking about here, she’s too stubborn for her own good sometimes.
But that’s what made me fall so in love with her in the first place. She wouldn’t leave me alone when we were kids; she’d follow me everywhere until finally I broke down and started to talk to her.
And from that day on, we have been joined at the hip.
“Brian, you in here?” Leigh called from the bus door.
“Yeah.” I called back.
She came on the bus carrying Baylee, who had fallen asleep. I stood up and took him from her. I laid him on the couch.
“You really okay?” She asked.
“Why does everyone keep asking me that?” I asked looking at her.
“Because you’re not acting like yourself.” She said. “And you’re ignoring Hailey.”
I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair.
“You promise what I tell you, you won’t tell anyone else?” I asked. “Not even Howie.”
“I promise.” She said. “Tell me what’s going on Brian. We’re all worried about you.”
“Honestly, I don’t think Hailey is ready for what I want or what I need.” I said. “I know she says she is, but I have this nagging feeling in the back of my mind that she’s lying to the both of us.”
“At least she’s trying.” She said. “From what Howie’s told me, she’s never, not been sleeping around. She’s given up all others for you. That has to count for something right?”
“And it does, but I’m just not sure how long it’s going to last.” I said. “I really don’t want to be hurt again.
“Have you tried to talk to her about it?” She asked.
“No, every time I do, I can’t bring myself to do so.” I said. “I don’t want to ruin what we have.”
“But if you can’t talk to her, then you really don’t have much of a relationship.” She said. “You guys have chemistry, there’s no denying that. But you need more then that.”
“I know that.” I said. “Trust me I know.”
“Then do something about it.” She said. “I know you don’t want to hear this, and I really don’t want to say this, but if you’re not willing to talk to her about what’s going on in your mind, then maybe you should let her go.”
“I don’t want to lose her.” I said. “Her and Baylee are all I have left.”
“I know that, but you have to do what is the best for you.” She said and touched my arm. “Just think about what I said.”
“I will.” I said as she turned to leave.
I looked down at Baylee and sighed.
I had no idea why this was so freaking hard. It took my all of three seconds to decide to leave my wife, but when it comes to Hailey, nothing is easy.
I really didn’t want to leave Hailey, but I wasn’t about to force her into something she wasn’t ready for. God knows I didn’t want to let her walk away, again. I did that once and it about killed me.
But I can’t force her into something she’s no where near being ready for.
I shook my head and cleared my thoughts. I sat in the chair and just watched Baylee sleep. Leigh was right; I had to do what was best for Baylee and me, as much as that sucked, I knew I had to do it.
I just knew that Hailey was not going to like it at all. I hope she understands why I have to do this. And I really hope I can do this without breaking her heart, but I have feeling that’s going to happen no matter what happens in the end.
About three hours later Nick came on my bus looking for me.
“What up Nick?” I asked looking at him.
“We’re getting ready for the interview.” He said sitting on the couch next to a sleeping Baylee. “God, I can’t believe he’s still out.”
“He hasn’t been sleeping well at night.” I said. “He says he’s been having nightmares, but won’t tell me about them.”
“He’s waiting for Hailey to get back I’m guessing.” He said.
“Something like that.” I said. “I hate that I’m gonna break his heart.”
“What do you mean?” He asked.
“Nothing.” I said. “Do you think Terri will watch him until he wakes up?”
“Yeah, she’s waiting outside. She wasn’t sure if you’d still be mad at her for this afternoon.” He said and smiled.
“I’m not mad at her, it just made me look at things different.” I said.
“That’s good to hear.” He said. “You might want to change shirts or something before the interview. She should be here soon.”
“Okay, I’ll be out soon.” I said and stood up.
“Okay, well I’m gonna go make out with my wife.” He said shaking his head. “God that’s weird to say.”
“It’s weird to hear you say.” I said laughing. “I can’t believe you’re married and didn’t invite Hailey to the wedding.”
“I know, I’m shocked she didn’t threaten to kill me.” He said.
“She was a little busy; I think that helped a lot.” I said.
“Yeah, most likely.” He said standing up. “I’ll see you in a few.”
“Get out of here.” I said and laughed.
He laughed as he walked off the bus. I shook my head and headed for the back of the bus so I could change my shirt.
When I stepped off the bus, Nick and Terri were leaning up against Nick’s bus kissing. I walked over to him and slapped the back of his head.
“What was that for?” Nick asked looking at me.
“It’s not nice to tease the poor fans like that.” I said smiling.
“He’s right.” Terri said stepping away from Nick.
“Bay’s still sleeping and hopefully should for a while longer.” I said. “Just bring him on in when he wakes up.”
“I can do that.” Terri said and smiled at me.
“Let’s go Carter.” I said.
“Bye Baby.” Nick said and kissed Terri one more time before we headed back inside.
When we got inside we meet up with Howie and AJ.
“We ready for this?” Howie asked.
“Sure, why not.” I said and rolled my eyes. “It’s gonna be like every other interview we’ve had.”
“Well I hope you’re right.” Howie said. “With all the shit going on lately, who knows what they’re gonna ask.”
“Really.” AJ said. “I mean between Boy wonder getting hitched in Vegas, to Church boy leaving his loving wife.”
“We get it, AJ.” Nick said and rolled his eyes. “We’ll just do what we always do, avoid answering those questions.”
“Nick’s right, we just won’t answer the questions.” I said.
“Well she’s here, so let’s get his over with.” Howie said.
We didn’t say anything as we followed Howie out onto the stage. We sat in the chairs they sat out for us.
As soon as I sat down, I really just wanted to stand up and go back to the bus. I didn’t want to be here, at all.
“Hi guys, my name is Chelsea.” Chelsea said. “It’s so great to meet you.”
“Hi Chelsea, I’m Nick.” Nick said turning on the charm.
“AJ, nice to meet you.” AJ said and grinned at the poor girl.
“I’m Brian,” I said. “It’s good to meet you too.”
“Howie, how you doin’?” Howie asked.
“Dude, that line is so old.” Nick said. “You need a new one.”
“I think it’s cute.” Chelsea said and smiled at Howie. “Why should he change a good thing?”
“Ha, I win this round Carter.” Howie said and stuck his tongue out at Nick.
“Okay, that’s enough boys.” She said laughing. “Time to get the interview started.”
“Hit us with your best shot.” AJ said.
“So AJ, have you set a wedding date yet?” She asked.
“Maybe, maybe not.”AJ said. “We’re keeping that a secret for now.”
“Fair enough.” She said. “SO when will we see your solo album over here?”
“Soon, I hope. I’m really pushing for it to be released over here. I know a lot of my fans and our fans want to hear it.” AJ said.
“I can’t wait to hear it.” She said and smiled at AJ. “So Nick, you’re also working on another solo album right?”
“Yeah, this time around it’s gonna be somewhat different from the first one.” Nick said. “I’ve grown a lot since ‘Now or Never’ came out. This one will be a lot more grown up.”
“Now about the question that is on everyone minds,” She said. “What’s with the quickie Vegas wedding?”
“It just felt right.” Nick said. “Terri and I’ve known each other for a few years now. There has always been this chemistry between us, we were just walking down the strip and it hit me, that I was walking next to the woman I was going to spend the rest of my life with.”
“Aww that’s so sweet.” She said. “Now, Howie, how is little James doing?”
“Gosh, he’s getting so big. He really is the pride and joy of my life.” Howie said with a huge ass smile on his face.
“Anymore children in your future?” She asked.
“Not anytime soon, but I’d love to have more. Maybe when James is a little bit older.” Howie said. “For now I’m really happy with it just being us three for now.”
“Now I’ve heard that you’re working on a solo project also, is that true?” She asked.
“Aww yes, I’m planning on going into the studio after the tour is over.” Howie said. “I’m gonna take my time with this, it’s my baby.”
“Can’t wait for it.” She said and turned to me. “Now Brian, you have another solo album in the works also, will it be more like your first?”
“Yes, it will be.” I said smiling. “I get to do pop and R&B with the guys, so for myself, I like to do something else. I’ve always loved Christen music. It’s always touched something in me.”
“I loved your first one, so I’m sure that I would love your second.” She said. “Now on to the hard questions. What is really going on with you and Hailey Anderson?”
“We’ve been best friend since we were little.” I said and smiled. “She’s helping me through a hard time right now.”
“You leaving your wife?” She asked.
“Yeah she’s been there for me through it all, so why wouldn’t I want her by my side for this?” I asked.
“But she’s not here, is she?” She asked.
I really did not like where this was going.
“No, right now she’s in LA doing some interviews.” I said. “She’ll be back tomorrow.”
“So you’re saying there’s nothing more going on between the two of you?” She asked. “The pictures from Vegas paint a different picture.”
“We got caught up in the moment.” I said and shrugged. “It happens sometimes.”
“So you wouldn’t be mad to know that she’s rumored to be back with her ex-boyfriend?” She asked.
“Which one would that be?” I asked. “She has a lot of them.”
“Justin Timberlake.” She said and raised an eyebrow.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter End Notes:
*runs and hides behind Brian* Don't kill me plz!!!!!!!!!!