- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
So this Chapter is for Simple Sue, I really hope you enjoy it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 3
~Hailey’s POV~
I didn’t have to wait long for the other to join me. Both Nick and Lauren didn’t look happy to be here, but I wasn’t going to le that ruin my fun. And fun I was going to have.
“So what the game Jack?” AJ asked sitting next to me. “Make it good.”
“You’re kidding right? I always make it good.” I said looking at him. “But anyways, I was thinking since we’re not teenagers anymore we’d play truth or dare.”
“Oh yeah we’re gonna get in trouble.” Howie said sitting on the love seat across from me and AJ.
“Like I said, it wouldn’t be fun if we didn’t.” I said and grinned.
“Maybe this wasn’t a good idea.” Brian said looking at me.
“Of course it wasn’t.” I said and pulled Brian on to my lap. “It was my idea.”
“Ain’t that the truth.” AJ said and laughed.
“How long have you known the boys for?” AJ’s girlfriend asked.
I knew I should learn her name, but that would mean I’d have to be nice to her. And I really didn’t want to be nice to her.
“Since the beginning.” I said. “I’ve known Bri since I was born. He’s the first guy I married.”
“We were six.” Brian said looking at me.
“So?” I asked. “It sill counts.”
“You guys seem close.” Leigh said.
“Oh you have no idea.” I said. “But then again I’m close to all the guys.”
“In what way?” Lauren asked.
“In every way.” I said and smirked. “Right Nicky.”
“What the Hell?” Lauren asked.
“It’s nothing.” Nick said glaring at me.
“Let’s play.” AJ said. “I’ll go first, Hailey truth or dare.”
“Truth.” I said and clapped my hands.
“Is it true you use to be a stripper?” AJ asked.
“Hell yea!” I said.
“When was this?” Brian asked standing up.
“Two years ago.” I said looking at Brian. “I never told you?”
“No.” Brian said sitting on the other side of AJ’s girlfriend.
“Yeah I was doing research on a book and I fell in love with it. It was a great way to release stress without having sex.” I said. “My turn Howie truth or dare.”
“Damnit dare.” Howie said frowning at me.
All I had to do was smile at him and he blushed, which made him frown more.
“I better make this a good one.” I said. “I dare you to give Bri a lap dance.”
“I really hate you.” Howie said standing up.
“No you don’t.” I said. “By the way the score is 3 to zip.”
“Shut up.” Howie said and turned on the CD player.
His song was ‘Body Langue’ by Jesse McCartney.
“I can’t believe your doing this Howie.” Lauren said.
“Just wait; this isn’t as bad as some of the shit Hailey can come up with.” AJ said. “She can get down right dirty.”
“Oh shut up AJ, you know you like it.” I said. “Get on with it Howie.”
Howie didn’t say anything as he turned on the music. I couldn’t help but laugh as he walked over to Brian swaying his hips.
By the time he was done, I was laughing so hard that I had tears running down my face.
“I will get you back for this.” Howie said as he turned off the CD player.
“Really? Can’t wait.” I said and grinned at him.
“Nick truth or dare?” Howie asked ignoring me.
“Truth.” Nick said.
“Damn, I had a good dare.” Howie said.
“Need help?” I asked and raised an eyebrow.
“No.” Howie said.
“You sure?” I asked.
“Yes, but thank you.” Howie said. “Nick what you think of Hailey’s newest book.”
“I didn’t read it.” Nick said.
“Why not?” AJ asked. “I did and it was hott.”
“He didn’t need to.” I said and grinned. “Your turn Nick.”
“Fine, Brian truth or dare?” Nick asked.
“Either way I’m gonna be in trouble.” Brian said. “Dare.”
Nick’s face just lit up as Brian’s fell.
“I dare you to do the next sound check shirtless.” Nick said.
“Fine.” Brian said. “AJ truth or dare.”
“Bring it Dare.” AJ said.
“Why don’t you show everyone your newest tattoo?” Brian asked grinning.
Shit I had forgotten that I told Brian about that.
AJ just turned and glared at me.
“Opps.” I said and smiled at him.
“It’s that or I can come up with something else.” Brian said. “Remember I’ve been hanging out with Hailey a lot lately.”
AJ didn’t say anything; he just stood up and dropped his pants to the floor.
“What the hell are you doing?” AJ’s girlfriend asked.
“Showing them my new tat.” AJ said.
“Why did your drop your pants?” She asked.
“Because it’s on his ass.” I said with a straight face.
“Why would you do that?” Laruen asked.
“He didn’t have much of a choice.” I said. “Come on I wanna see it.”
“Hate you both.” AJ said as he pulled his boxers over his ass.
“You gotta turn so everyone can see.” Brian said.
“Fuck, I really hate you two.” AJ said and turned so everyone could see his ass.
I started to laugh as I saw it. He really did it. I can’t believe it.
He had gotten Puss ‘n’ Boots from Shrek on his ass.
“Do we even want to know?” Howie asked.
“I lost a bet.” AJ said and pulled up his pants. “That’s all I’m gonna say.”
“I think this is getting a little out of hand.” Leigh said.
“Oh we’re no where near getting out of hand yet.” I said. “We go until someone can make me blush.”
“Or you get bored.” AJ said.
“Yeah at that point I just end up with one of you.” I said.
“How many of them have you slept with?” Lauren asked.
“All of them. As in I’ve had sex with all of them.” I said. “And yes that means Kevin too.”
“Do you have any shame?” Lauren asked.
“When it comes to sex, no.” I said. “When you breathe, sleep, and eat sex 24/7, you don’t have much shame.”
“What do you do?” Lauren asked.
“I’m a writer.” I said. “I write erotic novels. Next time we stop, I’ll give you a copy of one of my book. I think you’ll enjoy. I know I did.”
“AJ I think it’s your turn.” Howie said.
“Very true my friend.” AJ said and grinned at me.
“Bring it baby, you know how I like it.” I said and matched his grin. “Dare.”
I loved Truth or Dare, best game ever. I swear.
“Oh this is going to be so much fun.” AJ said and rubbed his hands together.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Brian’s POV~
By the time Hailey got bored with the game, she had everyone blushing but herself. I tell you I don’t think the girl can blush at all. Come to think of it, I don’t think I’ve ever seen her blush in all the time I’ve known her.
So she made us watch ‘New Moon’ until we stopped for dinner. I swear she just wanted to stare at Taylor’s body. It really annoyed me to no end and I had no idea why. Actually, it annoyed all of us guys. I really feel bad for that poor kid if Hailey ever meets him in person. He won’t walk away the same. No one ever does.
“You in there Bri?” Hailey asked waving her hand in my face.
“Maybe, who’s askin?” I asked pulling her onto my lap.
“What are you doing?” She asked trying to pull away from me.
“Nothing.” I said and held on tighter.
“You know this isn’t helping.” She said and relaxed into me.
“I just wanna cuddle.” I said. “We haven’t done that in a while.”
“Are you sure that’s a good idea.” She asked.
“Nothings going to happen.” I said. “I promise I’ll be good.”
“Yeah, well it’s not you that I’m worried about.” She said and laid her head on my shoulder.
“I sat on your lap earlier and nothing happened.” I pointed out.
“That’s because the other guys were here.” She said. “What’s happening to us Bri?”
“Nothing we’re still the same.” I said.
“We need to talk about this afternoon.” She said and sat up. “I know you don’t want to, but it has to be done.”
“Can we do this later?” I asked. “I just wanna sit here and hold you.”
“I’ll let it go for now, but we have to talk about soon.” She said.
“Okay.” I said and pulled her closer to me.
She didn’t say anything we just sat there in silence.
God I really wish I knew what I was doing. But at this point in time, I have no clue. Everything is so messed up; I shouldn’t be having these feeling for Hailey not when I have a wife and child at home.
I was stupid for telling Hailey that everything was the same, because it wasn’t. Something had changed, what I’m not quite sure yet, but something has changed. And I’m not sure if it was a good something or a bad something.
“Brian,” Hailey said breaking me out of my thoughts.
“Yeah, what’s up?” I asked looking at her.
“You okay?” She asked and touched my face.
“Yeah, I’m fine.” I said.
“You don’t look fine.” She said. “You were thinking deeply about something.”
“Why is it that you’re the only one who can read my face?” I asked.
“Because I’ve known you a long, long time,” She said. “Plus, I was the one who taught you to hide your emotions.”
“Do you ever think what it would be like if I hadn’t have gotten that call from Kevin?” I asked picking up her hand.
“I can’t think about that.” She said. “We can’t change the past.”
“I know, but do you ever wonder what would have happened if I never became a Backstreet Boy?” I asked. “I can’t help but wonder what our lives would be like.”
“I can’t do this.” She said and pulled away from me.
I just let her get up.
“I’m sorry Hailey; I won’t bring it up again.” I said.
“I just need to be alone for a while.” She said and headed back to the bed room.
I sighed and watched her walk away. After I heard the door close, I closed my eyes and laid my head on the back of the couch.
I really didn’t think things could get anymore complicated then they already had. I really didn’t know what I was going to do. I really did love Leighann, but I couldn’t ignore my feeling for Hailey anymore.
I don’t think I’ve ever been so confused in my life.
My cell phone ringing brought me out of my thoughts. I picked up off the table and looked at it. It was Leighann again.
“Hey Babe.” I said answering the phone.
“You okay? You sound down.” Leighann said.
“Just tired.” I said. “I forgot how much Hailey drains you.”
“What did you guys do today?” She asked.
“We had a Backstreet Party.” I said.
“Aww to bad I missed it.” She said. “Truth or dare, or I never?”
“Truth or dare.” I said.
“Oh my how bad was it?” She asked laughing.
“Not as bad as it could have been.” I said and laughed. “She was pretty tame.”
“Hailey tame?” She asked. “Yeah right.”
“She was I mean she still made everyone blush, more then once. But she didn’t pull her big guns out.” I said. “It think it had to do something with the girls being here too.”
“Most likely.” She said. “So how are her and Laruen getting along?”
“They really haven’t been around each other for that long.” I said. “But I have a feeling they hate each other.”
“God, I can only imagine what Hailey will do.” She said. “I wonder how long it will take for her to break.”
“She’ll prolly just drop hints until Laruen blows.” I said. “I don’t want to be around Nick when it happens.”
“I wouldn’t want to be either.” She said and laughed. “I hope that boy knows that this isn’t going to end well for him.”
“Dose it ever?” I asked. “So what are you guys up to?”
“Not much Baylee wants to watch Shrek again.” She said and sighed. “I tell you I don’t know why he’s so obsessed with that movie.”
“I have a feeling that would be Hailey’s fault.” I said. “She loves that movie too.”
“I see.” She said.
“It could be a lot worse.” I said. “At least it’s a kid movie.”
“Very true.” She said. “Where is Ms. Anderson?”
“Sleeping. Well at least I think so.” I said.
I really hated lying to her, but I really couldn’t tell her the truth.
“I see.” She said. “How much longer until you guys get to the hotel?”
“About another hour or so,” I said. “I can’t wait to get out of this bus.”
“Why Hailey driving you crazy?” She asked.
“As always.” I said. “Plus I just miss you guys. I can’t wait to be home again.”
“We miss you too.” She said. “Baylee wants to talk to you.”
“Put him on.” I said and couldn’t keep the smile off my face.
“Hi Daddy, I miss you.” Baylee said.
“I miss you to Buddy.” I said. “You being good for Mommy?”
“Yup.” He said and giggled.
“That’s good to hear.” I said. “I miss you buddy.”
“Miss you to Daddy.” He said. “Hailey miss me?”
“Of course she misses you.” I said. “You’re her little monkey.”
“When are you coming home?” He asked sounding sad.
“I’ll be home in a few weeks.” I said. “I can’t wait to see you.”
“Mommy says its bed time.” He said.
“I love you Baylee.” I said. “Be good for Mommy.”
“I will. Love you more Daddy.” He said. “Mommy says she’ll call you when I go to bed.”
“Okay.” I said. “I love you Buddy.”
“I know. Bring me home something good.” He said and hung up on me.
I laughed as I closed my phone and lay back on the couch.
I do have to say that I feel better after talking to Leighann and Baylee. But I can’t help feel like things were about to get out of my control and I didn’t like that one bit.
“Everything okay at home?” Hailey asked coming back into the front room.
“Yeah,” I said sitting up. “Baylee just called to say good night.”
“How are they doing?” She asked walking into the kitchen area.
“Good. They miss me like crazy.” I said looking up at her. “I miss them.”
“I know you do.” She said. “I would miss my family if they were like yours.”
“You don’t miss your family at all?” I asked.
“I really haven’t talked to my Mom since my Dad died.” She said. “He’s the only one that didn’t think that I was wasting my time writing.”
“I’m sorry.” I said.
“I’m over it.” She said and shrugged. “It kinda really pissed my Mom off that Dad left everything to me.”
“He did?” I asked.
“Yeah, even if I never sold another book, I’d never have to work another day in my life.” She said.
“Wow.” I said. “Why didn’t you ever tell me?”
“Because my Mom fought the whole thing, it was just settled a few months ago.” She said. “I won, hence why I haven’t talk to her. And of course, my brother took her side. Like always.”
“I’m sorry, I don’t know what I’d do if my brothers turned on me.” I said as she opened the fridge. “What are you looking for?”
“Something to eat.” She said.
“Oh,” I said.
“I wasn’t looking for my alcohol.” She said. “I found the vodka already.”
“I guess I didn’t hide it well enough.” I said and sighed.
“I guess not.” She said and pulled out her left over from dinner.
“Hailey what’s wrong?” I asked standing up.
“Nothing’s wrong?” She said not looking at me. “Why would anything be wrong?”
“Hailey, I know you’re lying.” I said walking over to her. “You never look at me when you’re lying.”
She whipped around and looked at me.
“Damnit Brian, I’m not lying.” She said. “There is nothing wrong. Don’t make problems where there aren’t any.”
“Then we’re okay?” I asked.
“We’re okay.” She said.
“Good.” I said and stepped closer to her.
“What are you doing?” She asked backing away from me.
“I have no idea.” I said taking another step closer to her.
“Brian, this isn’t a good idea, whatever you’re thinking.” She said backing up right into the counter.
“I know that.” I said taking another step closer to her. “But I can’t stop myself.”
“Brian, I can’t do this to Leighann.” She said putting her hands on my chest.
“Do you really think I want to either?” I asked and put my hands over her to hold them to my chest. “I can’t stop thinking about what you wrote.”
“Brian,” She said as I leaned close to her.
Before I could press my lips to hers, my cell phone rang breaking the moments. I pulled away from her and grabbed my phone. Looking at it, I saw that it was Leighann calling me back. God she couldn’t have better timing.
Without warming up her food, Hailey pushed past me and went back into the bedroom.
I sighed and answered the phone.
“Hey Babe, was he good for you?” I asked answering the phone.
“Yeah he went down with out of fuss. I just had to read him two stories.” She said. “What are you up to?”
“Not much just thinking.” I said.
“About what?” She asked.
“A lot of different stuff.” I said.
“Why don’t I like the sound of that?” She asked.
“It’s nothing like that.” I said. “I just have this line running through my head and it won’t go away.”
“That doesn’t seem like a bad thing.” She said.
“It’s not, but I can’t seem to write anything.” I said.
“Why don’t you ask Hailey for help?” She asked. “I’m sure she’ll help you.”
“She’s sleeping right now.” I said. “But maybe I’ll ask her tomorrow.”
“Okay.” She said. “Hey I’m pretty tired, I’ll talk to you tomorrow.”
“I love you.” I said.
“I love you too, Babe.” She said. “Hugs and kisses.”
“Hug and kisses.” I said.
“Are you sure you’re okay?” She asked.
“Yes, I’m fine. It’s been a long day.” I said. “I’ll be better once we get to the hotel.”
“Okay if you’re sure.” She said. “I love you Brian.”
“I love you to Leighann.” I said.
“Call me tomorrow.” She said.
“I will.” I said. “Bye Baby.”
“Have a good night.” She said. “Love you Sweetie.”
“Love you too.” I said and hung up.
I sat back on the couch and out my head in my hands. I had no idea what the hell was going through my head when I decided it would be a good idea to try to kiss Hailey. If Leighann wouldn’t have called when she did, who knows what would have happened.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter End Notes:
P.S. I'm to young to die, so please don't kill me. *runs and hides*