- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
For Simple Sue, just because I've tortured you enough as it is.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Hailey’s POV~
When we got back to the hotel Nick and Lauren ditched us and just went right up to their room. I hate when I do all the work and don’t get the reward for it. It really sucks bit time.
I find it sad that I’d rather be having sex with Nick instead of sitting here with Brian, just staring at each other. Neither of us have had the guts to bring up yesterday yet.
“So we gonna talk?” Brian asked playing with his menu.
“I guess.” I said and sighed. “Why did you try and kiss me last night?”
“I don’t really know.” He said and looked down at his plate.
“Brian, look at me please. I don’t want to have a conversation with your head.” I said gently.
“Sorry.” He said looking up at me.
“What’s going on in that head of yours?” I asked.
“Which one?” He asked.
“The one on your shoulders.” I said and rolled my eyes.
“It’s wondering if anything has changed between us and what we’re gonna do about it.” He said. “The other one wants to know if you can still rock my world.”
“You shouldn’t be thinking about stuff like that.” I said. “You have Leighann and Baylee, and don’t forget your child on the way.”
“I know that, but I can’t stop thinking about it.” He said. “It’s driving me crazy.”
“I’m sorry.” I said playing with my napkin. “Should I leave the tour?”.
I really didn’t want to leave, I loved being with the guys, but if it made it easier for him, I would leave. I really hated hurting him.
“I don’t want you too.” He said and sighed.
“But?” I asked.
“There’s no but.” He said and shrugged. “I don’t want you to leave, and I have a feeling the others wouldn’t want you to leave either. Plus if you leave then that means Howie wins the bet automatically.”
“Then what do we do?” I asked. “We can’t go on like this.”
“I know that.” He said and sighed again. “Sometimes I wish things were different.”
“Even if it means losing everything you have?” I asked.
“Maybe, I don’t know. I’m so confused.” He said and ran his fingers through his hair. “Why does love have to be so freaking hard?”
“Because the best things in life are.” I said. “Look I really don’t want to mess up what you and Leighann have. You guys have built a life for you and your family and I’d really hate to the one who breaks you up.”
“Then what do we do?” He asked.
“I have no fucking clue.” I said. “I really wish I did.”
“This sucks.” He said.
“How about we act like nothing has happened?” I asked. “We just put this behind us and we move on.”
“As much as I really don’t want to do that, it would be for the best.” He said.
“We have to do something, we can’t keep doing this.” I said.
“I know.” He said. “I just hate it.”
“Me too.” I said and touched his hand. “But I can’t do this to Leighann.”
“I never even thought I could even think about cheating on Leighann, but lately it’s all I’ve been able to think about. I hate myself for it.”
“We can’t help how we feel.” I said. “It sucks when you can’t have the one you love.”
“You could have anyone you want.” He said. “Why do you hang around us?”
“Because with you guys I can be myself,” I said and took my hand back. “You guys love me for begin myself.”
“Well that’s what you get for being by my side from the start.” He said.
“And I wouldn’t have had it any other way.” I said.
“Do you remember the prank we pulled on Kevin and Nick got blamed for it?” He asked. “And Kevin didn’t believe Nick when he told Kevin that it was us.”
“God that was funny. Nick was so pissed that Kevin didn’t believe him.” I said laughing. “Oh God, do you remember the time you slept in the bath tub because they gave us a single bed.”
“That had to e one of the worst nights in my life.” He said. “I some how turned the shower on in my sleep.”
“Actually, I did that.” I said. “And you still refused to sleep in the bed with me.”
“Yeah well I got over that quick when I got sick.” He said.
“Are you sure it didn’t have anything to do with the teasing the other boys were doing?” I asked.
“Maybe, how’d you know about that?” He asked.
“I over heard them picking on you.” I said. “It was around the time I started to sleep with Nick.”
“I’m shocked no one found out.”
“We were good at hiding it.” I said. “Plus you guys were busy. You and Kev, had Kris and Leighann. AJ and Howie had each other and they flavor of the week. Nick and I had to entertain ourselves.”
“Is that what you called it?” He asked and raised an eyebrow.
“Nick did spend most nights in my room.” I said.
“Is that why you always wanted a room on a different floor?” He asked.
“Better safe then sorry.” I said. “AJ was the only one who caught on, but by the time he had enough proof, I had gone home for fall semester.”
“And then the next time you saw him was at Kevin and Kris’s wedding.” He said.
“Yeah.” I said.
“So when did you sleep with Kevin?” He asked.
“If I tell you, you can never, ever tell Kevin you know.” I said and held out my hand. “Pinky promise.”
“Pinky promise.” He said and wrapped his pinky around mine.
“It was the week before the wedding.” I said. “We never meant for it to happen, it kinda just did. We haven’t talked about it since it happened.”
“So Kris doesn’t know?” He asked.
“I have no idea if he told her or not, but I don’t think so.” I said and ran my fingers through my hair. “Please don’t tell anyone.”
“I won’t your secret it safe with me.” He said. “So you figure out what you’re gonna do about Lauren yet?”
“What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.” I said and grinned at him.
“Oh God.” He said. “We’ll be there next week.”
“Oh I know.” I said. “I can’t wait.”
“The last time you were in Vegas with us was a nightmare.” He said.
“But we had fun right?” I asked.
“Some of us did.” He said.
“I’m sure Nick and AJ did.”
“What happened?” He asked.
“What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.” I said and grinned at him again.
“Ya know what I don’t even want to know now.” He said shook his head.
I looked at my watch; it was about time to head back. We hadn’t even eaten dinner, fuck.
“Shit you didn’t eat.” I said looking at him.
“Damnit.” He said looking at his watch. “We don’t have time now.”
“I’m sorry.” I said.
“It’s not your fault.” He said. “I’ll find something.”
“I have fruit up in my room.” I said standing up. “If we make it quick we’ll have enough time.”
“Let’s go.” He said standing up.
We headed out of the restaurant and to the elevators. As we reached them Nick and Lauren we coming off, Nick didn’t seem like he had been satisfied and Lauren just had a shit eating grin on her face. What she didn’t know was that some time tonight Nick would find his way into my bed.
Nick was about say something when I pulled Brian on to the elevator. We didn’t have time to waste talking to Nick. Plus I really didn’t want to. Two could play his game.
Once we reached my floor, we ran to my room. Luckily, the fruit was sitting in the front room. I grabbed an apple and shoved it in Brian’s hands. He just started to eat it. I picked up another apple and an orange for me.
Back in the elevator, Brian’s phone started to ring. He pulled it out of his pocket and handed it to me. It was Howie.
“We’re on our way. We should be there in two.” I said answering the phone. “We had to run up to my room, because we didn’t eat, we just talked.”
“Well then. The others have already headed back; I’m just waiting on you two.” Howie said and hung up on me.
I rolled my eyes and handed Brian his phone back. He took it from me and shoved it back in pocket.
Once we got down to the parking lot, Howie was leaning on the car waiting for us.
“What were you two doing that you didn’t have time to eat?” Howie asked as we approached him.
“Can we just leave it at, you don’t want to know, and get going?” I asked. “We don’t want the other two to go on with out you two.”
“Let’s go, but I will figure out what is going on with you two.” Howie said and opened the car door.
I just rolled my eyes and slid into the car. Brian and Howie were right behind me.
When we pulled up to the arena AJ was outside smoking. I sent Howie and Brian in for hair and make up, while I stayed outside with AJ, who just handed me a cig and his lighter.
“Everything okay between the two of you now?” AJ asked as I lit my cig.
“We talked about it, but I’m not sure what’s going on.” I said. “We’ll talk more after the show. Thank God tomorrow is a free day.”
“That’s good and yes thank God.” He said. “God my back hurts from where you tackled me to the floor.”
“Maybe you’re just getting old.” I said and laughed.
“Watch it lady, you’re older then me.” He said and put his cig out.
“Yeah well hanging out with you buffoons keeps me young.” I said and laughed.
“Be nice.” He said.
“Or what?” I asked as the door opened.
“Get your ass in here McLean.” Tony said. “You too Anderson.”
“Only because you asked so nicely,” I said and put my cig out.
“Meet and greet is in 2, now get your sorry asses in here.” Tony said.
I rolled my eyes and went inside.
Howie was the first one I saw. He smiled at me as I walked by. That smile told me that Brian and I would have to be very careful around him from now on. Not that anything was going on between us, at this point in time.
I shook my head as Brian came out of make up.
“Feel better?” He asked walking over to me.
“A bit.” I said and smiled at him. “Here eat this.”
I grabbed a power bar out of my bag.
“What about you?” He asked. “You haven’t eaten at all.”
“I’ll be fine.” I said. “I’ll eat later.”
“Hailey.” He said.
“No time.” I said and opened the power ball. “Open.”
Brian opened his mouth and I shoved half the bar in his mouth. He rolled his eyes and started to chew. After he swallowed, I shoved the half in his mouth.
“Thanks.” He said after he swallowed the second have.
“Alright hands in boys.” Tony said.
I smiled as I stood back and watched the boys go to work.
As the boys went to do the meet and greet, I went out to get my seat. I didn’t want any teeny bopper stealing my seat.
“Hailey, don’t for get your VIP pass.” Tony said stopping me.
“Thanks.” I said taking it from him.
“So what’s going on with you and Brian?” He asked.
“Nothing why?” I asked putting my pass around my neck.
“I was just wondering.” He said and shrugged.
“Right, I’m gonna go get my seat.” I said and walked away from him.
I really hope he didn’t want to get in my pants to. God, my plate was full at the moment, and that’s not even counting on what’s going on with Brian.
My Dad has always said, I’ve always left a trail of broken hearts every where I go and have since I was little. I’m not sure if that’s true or not, but it makes me feel good knowing that guys want me.
“Enjoy the show Hailey.” Mikey said as I walked out of the backstage area.
“I’ll try to.” I said. “Have fun beating back the crazies; see ya after the show Mikey.”
“See ya Hailey.” He said and laughed as I walked past him.
I smiled and walked over to my seat. I noticed two girls holding a sign, as I read it, I had to laugh, it said. “I wanna ride the Frack Train.” It had a picture of Nick’s head on a Train and everything.
“Ya know it’s not as much fun as one would think.” I said to the girls.
“What’s not?” One asked.
“Riding the Frack Train.” I said.
“Like you’ve done it.” The other said.
“Oh yes I have.” I said and rolled my eyes. “More then once.”
“I bet you don’t even know the Boys.” The first girl said.
“I know them a lot better then one should.” I said.
“Why would Nick sleep with a plane Jane like you?” The second girl asked.
“Because he’s sick of tramps like you two,” I said. “He’s way past his groupie stage.”
“We’re not groupies.” The first girl said.
“Oh Hunnay, we all were groupies at one time.” I said. “Some of us grow out it, others, not so much.”
“What about his girl friend?” The second girl asked.
“She’s a bitch.” I said.
“I’ve meet her, she’s really nice.” The second girl said.
“Not if you’re sleeping with her boy friend.” I said.
“You and Nick?” The First girl said. “I just don’t see it.”
“Believe what you want.” I said and turned to the stage.
I left half way through the last song; I really didn’t want to get left behind again. It happened the first time I had gone on tour with Brain. He thought he had told me, but he didn’t. I was so pissed at him; I didn’t talk to him for two hours. And that’s the longest I’ve gone with not talking to him.
I was leaning on one of the cars when the Boys came out. Brian ran over to me and pulled me to him. Then the proceeded to spin me around.
“What was that for?”I asked once he put me down.
“I have no idea.” Brian said and grinned at me.
“Okay who did it?” I asked looking at the other three.
“Do what?” Nick asked.
“Who gave him happy pills?” I asked with my hands on my hips. “Do you realize how hard it’s gonna be to put him to bed now?”
“Sorry.” Howie said and shrugged.
“Ugh, how could you do this to me?” I asked and opened the car door. “Come on Bri, let’s get you in the car.”
“But I don’t wanna go.” Brian said and started to pout.
“Littrell, you’re not Carter or Baylee so stop pouting.” I said and rolled my eyes. “Howie, I so could kill you for this.”
“I said I was sorry.” Howie said.
“I will deal with you later.” I said as the other girls walked over to us. “Come on Bri, time to go back to the hotel.”
“We gonna have fun?” Brian asked smiling at me.
“If your good and get it the car.” I said as I started to smile.
He just flashed me another smile and climbed into the car. I slid in right behind him. AJ and his slut, I mean girlfriend, joined us in the back of the car. She just glared at me the whole way back to the hotel. Almost wish it had been Howie.
When we got to the hotel, I had to lead Brian inside, he was to giddy to even walk right. God I could kill Howie for this. They all know what those damn happy pills do to Brian.
Before I could open my door, Brian grabbed my hand in his.
“Hailey, I wanna do something.” He said pulling me closer to him.
“What’s that?” I asked.
“This.” He said and lowered his head to mine.
His lips lightly brushed mine lightly. I couldn’t help myself I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling us closer, at the same time deepening the kiss.
Good God, this was so wrong, but Damnit, it felt so right.
I pulled away as I felt Brian’s hands slip the back of my shirt.
“Wanna take this into my room?” I asked knowing full well that I shouldn’t.
“Hell yea.” He said and pulled away from me.
As I was turning away from Brian, I happened to look over his shoulder and there was Howie staring at us. Fucking shit, I was in trouble.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter End Notes:
*Runs and hides behind Brian*