- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's the next one enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Brian’s POV~
It’s been two weeks since that night. Two long weeks.
Hailey thinks that I don’t remember everything from that night, but I do. I know she feels guilty about for letting it happen, and I should too, but I can’t bring myself to feel guilty, at all.
“I’m excited.” Hailey said bouncing in her seat, breaking me out of my thoughts.
“For what?” I asked shaking my head.
“Vegas, duh.” She said. “I love Vegas. I wonder if my sandwich will be even better this time around.”
“Do I even want to know?” I asked.
She just turned and looked to where Nick and AJ were sitting.
“I’ll take that as a no.” I said. “What about your plans?”
She turned back to me and shrugged.
“They’ve been altered a bit, but for the most part they’re a go.” She said. “It’ll be a night no one will forget.”
“We’re in for trouble?” I asked.
“Aren’t we always?” She asked and raised an eyebrow. “How much longer?”
“About a half hour.” I said looking at my watch.
“I hate lay over’s.” She said standing up.
“Where are you going?” I asked.
“To get a drink, you want something?” She asked grabbing her purse.
“Just a water.” I said.
“Be back.” She said and walked away.
Out of no where Howie plopped in the chair Hailey had just vacated.
“When are you going to tell her the truth?” Howie asked.
“I don’ know what you’re talking about.” I said looking at him.
“You’re playing a dangerous game, Brian.” He said.
“There’s nothing going on.” I said and sighed.
“Who are you trying to convince, me or yourself?” He asked.
“Why don’t you believe me?” I asked.
“She told me everything.” He said. “She almost left because of what happened.”
“Why are you telling me this?” I asked looking at him.
“Since that night you two have been dancing around each other.” He said and sighed. “It’s driving the rest of us crazy.”
“Sorry.” I said as Hailey walked over to us.
“Go away Howard.” She said and handed me my water.
Howie threw his hands up in surrender. He stood up and walked away.
Hailey sighed and sat down.
“So what did he tell you?” She asked.
“Did you really want to leave?” I asked.
“I thought about it.” She said and opened her water. “But I couldn’t bring myself to leave.”
“I’m glad you didn’t.” I said.
“Me too.” She said and smiled. “Me too.”
“What’s up with you and Nick?” I asked changing the subject. “You two have hardly talked.”
“We don’t have much to say.” She said.
“What happened?” I asked.
“Nothing much.” She said. “We’ll get over it and be back to normal soon enough.”
“That’s good.” I said.
“I guess.” She said and pulled out her phone.
“So you get anymore written?” I asked.
“Yeah, my editor is a very happy gay man.” She said and laughed. “He wants to come visit me.”
“He a fan?” I asked.
“Like only gay men can be.” She said. “It’s kinda creepy.”
“I see.” I said. “So who is his favorite?”
“I’ll never tell.” She said and tried to hide her smile.
“Oh come on.” I said. “Why not?”
“Because I know it’ll start a fight.” She said and rolled her eyes. “It always does.”
“Not true.” I said.
“Yes it does.” She said. “I’ve been with you guys way to long. You can’t tell me any different.”
“It’s me isn’t it?” I asked. “You don’t want to share, so you’re not going to tell me.”
“You are so full of shit.” She said and laughed.
“Flight 396 to Las Vegas is now boarding.” The announcer said.
“About damn time.” She said standing up. “I can’t wait to get there.”
“Why so you can cause more trouble?” I asked standing up.
“Who me?” She asked and picked up her bag. “I don’t cause trouble, it finds me.”
“That’s bull and you know it.” I said. “I’ve known you way to long for me to believe that.”
She just smiled at me and wondered over to Nick and AJ, whose girl friends just glared at Hailey.
I shook my head and walked over to them.
“So are you going to try and keep Hailey under control this time around?” AJ asked me.
“This is Hailey we are talking about.” I said. “She does what she wants, when she wants.”
“And I am standing right here.” She said. “Plus J, we all know you love it when I cause trouble.”
“Don’t make promises you can’t keep Baby.” AJ said and flung his arm over Hailey’s shoulders.
“I never made a promise that I never kept.” She said and wrapped her arms around AJ. “Remember the last time we were in Vegas. I made your dreams come true.”
“You are such a damn tease.” AJ said.
Hailey just pulled away from him and laughed.
“Let’s get this show in the air.” Hailey said and smiled.
“Don’t even think about it.” I said.
“To late for that.” She said looking at me.
“Do we even want to know?” Leigh asked.
“No.” I said. “No you don not.”
“We really should have rented a privet jet.” Hailey said and sighed. “It would have been so much fun.”
“For you maybe.” Howie said.
“Oh you know you liked the idea.” Hailey said and walked away.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
By the time we got to the hotel Hailey was bouncing with excitement. It was almost contagious.
As soon as we got out of the car she linked arms with Leigh and they skipped into the hotel lobby, Howie and I following behind them, shaking our heads. I was glad to see that Leigh wasn’t threatened by Hailey as the others were. She need a friend on tour.
“Oh my God!” Some yelled. “Hailey!”
“Oh my God! Terri!” Hailey said and hugged the other woman. “I so happy you’re here.”
“Is that?” Howie asked.
“Yeah. We’re in trouble now.” I said.
“What’s wrong?” Leigh asked confused.
“Hailey and Terri together again.” Terri said as Hailey dragged her over to us.
“Guys, you remember my friend Terri?” Hailey asked.
“Who could forget her?” Howie asked. “Good to see you again Terri.”
“We’re gonna have so much fun.” Hailey said. “Leigh, you ready to party Vegas Hailey style?”
“I have no idea what I’m getting myself into, but Hell yea.” Leigh said.
“Boys, be nice and take our bags up stairs, we’ve got plans.” Hailey said. “See you for dinner.”
“Oh God.” Howie said as they walked away.
“I second that.” I said as AJ and Nick came in.
“Was that who I think it was?” AJ asked.
“Yup.” Howie and I both said.
“Well shit.” Nick said.
“What’s going on?” Lauren asked.
“Terri’s here.” Nick said.
“And that is who?” Rochelle asked.
“Hailey’s best friend.” I answered.
“That’s a good thing right?” Laruen asked.
We all turned and looked at her.
“No, it’s a really, really bad thing.” AJ said. “We’re in so much trouble.”
“How can two people cause so much trouble?” Rochelle asked.
“Very easily.” I said. “They only get together once or twice a year.”
“Why?” Laruen asked.
“You’ll just have to wait and see.” Howie said and shook his head. “Well let’s go check in.”
“Where did Leigh go?” Rochelle asked.
“With the Devil Twins.” I said.
“That’s your best friend.” Nick said.
“I know it’s why I can call her that.” I said and laughed. “Plus it’s true.”
“I guess she was right when she said this would be a trip we’d never forget.” Howie said.
“Don’t forget you just let your wife walk away with them.” I said and headed for the front desk.
“Fuck.” Howie said and followed me.
When I got to my room, I set mine and Hailey’s bags at end of the bed and then threw myself on it.
Howie was right, I needed to tell Hailey the truth, but I couldn’t bring myself to. But I just didn’t know how to. I knew she was going to be so hurt and I felt so bad about that. She didn’t deserve this, any of it. I wish I could protect her from what was to come, but I knew deep down that I wouldn’t be able to.
I hated the fact that I was lying to her, but I couldn’t bring myself to tell her the truth.
A knock on my door brought me out of my thoughts. I pulled myself off the bed and went to answer the door. It was Howie, I didn’t say anything, I just let him in, closing the door behind him.
“Since your, whatever she is, kidnapped my wife. I was wondering if you wanted to do something.” He said.
“Sure.” I said. “What do you have in mind?”
“I have no idea. Nick said something about golf.” He said and shrugged.
“Why so we can beat his ass again?” I asked.
“You mean so AJ can beat his ass again?” He asked.
“Yeah whatever.” I said and rolled my eyes.
“I wonder what the girls are up to.” He said.
“Do you even really want to know?” I asked.
“I have no idea.” He said and laughed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Hailey’s POV~
“I can not believe I’m letting you talk me into this.” Leigh said.
“Oh come on it’s not that bad.” I said and rolled my eyes.
“Just because you like pain doesn’t mean everyone else does.” Terri said.
“You’re telling me you’ve never enjoyed a night of rough hott sex?” I asked. “Why don’t I believe that?”
“Because unlike you, I actually like the gentleness of making love,” Terri said. “Where you just like fucking.”
“If I could find the right man, maybe I would enjoy making love.” I said. “But as it is, I can’t so onward with the fucking.”
“Maybe you have, but you let him slip through your fingers.” Terri said and raised an eyebrow.
“Who are we talking about Brian or Nick?” Leigh asked.
“Brian.” Terri said and rolled her eyes.
“There is nothing going on between Brian and I.” I said. “I don’t know how many times I have to tell you that.”
“Then why the hell have you two dancing around each other?” Leigh asked.
“We’re not.” I said.
“You’re being defensive.” Terri said. “What the hell happened?”
“Nothing.” I said.
“Liar.” Terri said. “I know something happened.”
“He got high and talked me into sleeping with him.” I said.
“What?” They both said.
“We had our one night and that’s all it’s going to be.” I said.
“Leighann’s gonna kill you.” Terri said.
“I don’t plan on telling her.” I said and shrugged.
“Why not?” Leigh asked.
“Would you admit to sleeping with one of your good friends husbands?” I asked.
“I wouldn’t.” Leigh said.
“There you go.” I said.
“I can’t believe you slept with Brian and didn’t tell me.” Terri said and shook her head. “So what about Nick?”
“I have no idea,” I said and sighed. “We’re so fucked up.”
“That’s nothing new.” Terri said. “You two have been since the start.”
“Yeah well, that’s beside the point.” I said. “We fight make up, fight some more, don’t talk for like three months then make up. It’s a vicious cycle.”
“What about Laruen?” Leigh asked.
“I have no love for her.” I said.
“What about you and AJ?” Terri asked.
“We had our time.” I said and shrugged. “We’re good friends, but won’t ever be anything else.”
“I’m sure Rochelle will be happy to hear that.” Leigh said.
“Who?” I asked.
“AJ’s girlfriend.” Leigh said. “You didn’t know her name?”
“No, I never bothered.” I said and shrugged.
“Why?” Leigh asked.
“Because that would have meant that she had to be nice to her.” Terri said. “She’s very protective of AJ.”
“I don’t get why though.” Leigh said.
“Because someone has to,” I said. “He’s never really made good choices when it comes to women. I’m the reason Sarah finally left him alone.”
“God us fans hated her.” Terri said. “We were so happy to see her go.”
“I was too.” I said.
“I think you’d like Rochelle if you gave her a chance.” Leigh said.
“That would mean I’d have to put effort into it.” I said.
“You’re so lazy.” Terri said and laughed.
“Whatever, so are we getting these tats or not?” I asked.
“I was hoping you’d forget about that.” Leigh said and sighed.
“Nice try.” I said and smiled. “Come on it’s my treat.”
“I just don’t know if Howie will like it.” Leigh said.
“Trust me he will.” I said.
“How do you know that?” Terri asked.
“He likes mine.” I said and shrugged.
“How many do you have?” Leigh asked.
“Four, about to be five.” I said. “It’s really not that bad. You can get something small.”
“I really can’t believe I’m letting you talk me into this.” Leigh said.
“I can’t either.” Terri said.
“Are you sure you don’t want one?” I asked her.
“How many times do I have to say no?” Terri asked.
“A few more times at least.” I said. “So am I going first?”
“Yes.” Leigh said.
“If I do, there’s no backing out now.” I said and opened the shop door.
“Fine.” She said and followed me inside, with Terri right behind her.
After we were done in the tattoo shop, I decided it was time to go shopping. I needed to get a few more things for tonite. The boys won’t know what hit them. I was almost giddy with excitement.
“So are you sure you want to do this?” Terri asked as we sat down to have a late lunch.
“Do what?” Leigh asked.
“Yes I’m sure.” I said. “It’s time for a little pay back.”
“To who?” Leigh asked.
“Nick of course.” Terri said and rolled her eyes.
“What did he do?” Leigh asked.
“What didn’t he do is more like the question.” Terri said. “They have a very fucked up relationship.”
“What are you doing?” Leigh asked turning to me.
“What I do best.” I said. “Cause trouble. I’m not sure if I want the other girls there or not.”
“Why wouldn’t you want them there?” Terri asked.
“She’s gonna do something that they shouldn’t see.” Leigh said.
“Oh how right you are.” I said and grinned.
“Oh God this isn’t going to end well.” Terri said.
“Do you want me to take the other’s to the spa or something tonight?” Leigh asked.
“Would you?” I asked.
“Sure.” Leigh said and shrugged.
“Can I go to?” Terri asked.
“No, I need your help getting the guys there.” I said. “Leigh you are the best.”
“Just send my Howie back to me unhurt please.” Leigh said.
“I will do my best.” I said.
“I guess I’ll take that.” Leigh said and laughed.
“This is turning out better then I ever thought.” I said.
“So what am I going to be doing tonight?” Terri asked.
“Your only job is to get the boys to where I tell you.” I said.
“Where is that?” Terri asked.
“I was going to put on a little show for them.” I said and smirked.
“That means it was good idea for Howie’s Mom to take James while we were here.” Leigh said.
“Yeah.” I said.
“So who do you plan on sleeping with then?” Terri asked.
“Well not Howie.” I said.
“That’s all you’re going to say, isn’t it?” Terri asked.
“I don’t plan on sleeping with any of them.” I said.
“Aren’t you sharing a room with Brian?” Leigh asked.
“Fuck, I forgot about that.” I said.
“Do you really think you can keep him off of you after the little show you put on?” Terri asked.
“I sure as hell hope so.” I said. “I sure hope so.”
“Just admit you love the poor boy.” Leigh said.
“I do love him.” I said. “He’s my best friend.”
“He’s so much more to you then that.” Terri said. “And we all know it.”
“He was my first everything.” I said. “But that’s all he’ll be.”
“So how did you two meet?” Leigh asked changing the subject.
“We got in a fight over Brian at a concert.” Terri said.
“Why?” Leigh asked.
“Because I was bored and had nothing else to do.” I said.
“Really that’s the reason why?” Leigh asked.
“Pretty much, I was annoying Kevin, so he told me to go outside, so I did.” I said and shrugged.
“She just walked up to me and started saying shit, I really don’t even remember all what she said. But we ended up in a fight. They body guards had to break us up.” Terri said.
“I felt bad, so I had Mikey bring her backstage so she could meet the guys. We’ve been friends since.” I said.
“That’s sweet in a very messed up away.” Leigh said. “So I’m guessing Brian’s your favorite then.”
“He is. It’s why we get along so well.” Terri said. “That man has one nice ass.”
“It’s even better naked.” I said.
“God sometimes I really hate you.” Terri said.
“I can’t help it.” I said. “You’re the one that got me hooked on my best friend’s ass.”
“I told you that you should have just left him to me.” Terri said.
“Yeah well after hearing you go on and on about it, I couldn’t help but get hooked on it.” I said. “Like I said it’s your entire fault.”
“Howie has a nice ass too.” Leigh said and sighed.
“Oh we know.” I said and laughed. “Nick does to, AJ, not so much.”
“Poor AJ.” Terri said.
“It’s okay though, he makes up for it in other ways.” I said.
“You’re the only one who would know.” Terri said.
I just laughed.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~