- Text Size +

I decided it was time for me to start having some fun. A few of my friends were heading to Orlando to go dancing. I was ready to get Nick Carter off my mind. I was ready to get down and enjoy life.

“Hey Howie!”

“Hello beautiful. You look gorgeous tonight.” I was wearing a short black skirt and a dark green sequin tank top. I had on my favorite four inch black knee high boots. Howie made me feel good. I hadn’t dressed like that in over a year.

“Thanks Howie. You know how to charm a lady.” My friends were drooling over Howie. “You better say hi to all my friends. It will make their night.” I whispered in his ear.

“Who are all these beautiful ladies?”

“We’re Ashton’s friends.” Marla batted her false eyelashes at him. I wanted to laugh.

“Well it was nice meeting all of you. Enjoy the club. Please feel free to use the VIP lounge.” Howie waved goodbye as he walked away.

“It’s nice having connections.” Sage joked.

“He’s known my since I was a geeky teenager.” The girls followed me to the VIP lounge. The waitress took our orders.

“You look smokin’ hot tonight, Ashton.”

“Thanks, Sage. I just want to have some fun tonight.”

“Are you looking for a new man?” Marla asked. I knew she wanted to know what was going with my marriage.

“Hardly. I’m tired of men. I just want to dance and have fun. Anyone want to dance?” Sage followed me to the dance floor.

I started swaying and moving to the beat of some catchy Latin song. It felt good to loosen up. I was getting into the dance, when I felt a guy start gyrating against me. We moved in time to the music. His hands roamed my body as we danced. It sent chills down my spine. The man was so close to me, I could smell his cologne. Mmmm….it smelled heavenly. It smelled like Alex. I turned around and stopped. “Alex, how are you?”

“Wow, Ashton! I didn’t recognize you. You look like sex and innocence. What are you doing here?

“Thanks for the compliment J. A bunch of my girlfriends wanted to go dancing. I decided to have some fun for a change. Is it Backstreet Boy night at Tabu?” He laughed uncomfortably.

“You could say that. Where are you and your friends hanging at?”

“In the VIP lounge. I better get back to them before they send out a search party. Come visit us before you leave.” AJ’s face grew pale.

“I wouldn’t go up there quite yet.” His eyes pleaded.

“Why?”

“Umm…ummm….Nick is up there.”

“So, I won’t start a fight, I promise I’ll behave. I’m only here to have fun.”

I walked up the stairs to the VIP lounge. My friends were sitting at the table talking to some guys. I looked around and was shocked at what I saw. Nick was making out with some redhead in the corner booth. His hands were roaming her body, and she had her hands on his butt. It was like a train wreck, I couldn’t take my eyes off them. I saw enough and started to walk away. I had to get out of the room. I ran downstairs to the bar.

“Hello Ashton, what can I get you?” The bartender asked.

“Two shots of vodka please.”

The waiter gave me my shots. I downed the first one and then the second one. I needed to numb the pain I was feeling. “Two more shots please.”

“You can’t drink the pain away.”

“I certainly can and will.” I swallowed the vodka. My heart ache wasn’t going away.

“He’s not worth it. “

“Ashton did you see you husband in the lounge with that bimbo?” Marla sat down beside me at the bar.

“Yes, I saw the asshole with that skank.” I yelled over the music.

“Ash, calm down and stop yelling. Nick is not worth this. Let’s me take you home.” AJ was afraid of Ashton making a scene.

“Go to hell Alex. I don’t need you babying me.” Howie saw what was going on. He walked over to help AJ.

“Is everything okay Ashton?”

“Everything is peachy Howie. My husband is making out with some skanky chick. Alex won’t let me drink. I hate men.” I was a lightweight when it came to alcohol. I hardly ever drank.

“Why don’t you go sit in the office and cool down. Alex, go talk to Nick.”

“Tell Nick, he’s a pricky asshole. Tell him he’s the best sex I ever had.” I said as Howie led me to his office.

------------------------

Alex walked over to the table where Nick and his date were sitting.

“Alex meet any sexy ladies on the dance floor.”

“Yes, I met one really fly lady, whose name happens to be Ashton Carter.”

“She’s here.” Nick asked in shock.

“Yes, and she saw you two playing tonsil hockey and feeling each other up. Couldn’t you wait until the divorce was final to take it out of your pants?”

“Shut the hell up. I told her I was going to start dating. She even had my permission to date other guys.”

“You’re a jerk. Since when did you become her dad and give her permission to live her life?”

“AJ, you’re out of line. It’s none of your business…Chelsey lets get out of here.” Nick and his date stood up and left.

~Meanwhile in the office ~

“I think I’m a little drunk, Howwwwwiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.” I burst into a fit of giggles.

“Ashton drink your water.”

“But, Howie...I’m not thirsty.” I sang. “I want to dance.”

I could hear the music blaring in the club. I got up and started to dance. After a few moments I lost my balance and fell to the floor. Then I started to cry. I couldn’t stop. Howie sat down on the floor next to me and wrapped his arms around me.