- Text Size +

The afternoon was long and boring. I sat in bed and stared at the ceiling. That evening I was still annoyed with Nick. It seemed like we were getting nowhere with our talks. Was it always going to be like this? Was it going to drag our marriage down further? My phone pulled me out of my depressing thoughts.

“Hello!”

“Hey girlfriend. I saw what happened to you on Facebook. Are you ok?”

“Sage thanks for checking up on me. I feel stupid. I’m stuck in bed and can’t do anything. I’m staying at Nick’s condo.”

“I’m sure you could find something to do in bed, especially with that hot husband of yours.” Sage giggled.

“Don’t go there, please.” I groaned.

“So, was it just as good as before? I know it’s been about month since you were last with him.”

“It was awesome. It’s always been great, but this morning was the best in almost a year. I felt that connection I haven’t felt for a long time. We made love twice in a row. We haven’t done that since Rachel’s been born.”

“Aww! You sound so happy. Have you gotten over him dating Chesley Newport? That girl is a skank.”

“Well…we haven’t even talked about that issue. Nick and I are slowly talking things over.”

“Do you think they slept together?” Sage questioned me. I hope and prayed they didn’t.

“I’m not sure. It would hurt me if he did. It would almost be like he cheated on me.” It was another thing I would have to confront him about. I don’t think he will be happy about me asking about Chelsey, but I had to know. I wanted everything out in the open.

“I bet. If Marc ever cheated on me, I would kick his ass.”

“I bet you would. There’s more to this situation than what everyone knows. I’m not going into details because it’s between Nick and me. We’re being honest with each other.”

I’m glad to hear that. You two are perfect for each other. I remember the first time you went out with him. Before that you hated him with the passion.”

“Umm..don’t forget he hated me, too. I’ll never know how we worked our way toward love.” I laughed. I thought about my journey with Nick. It was an interesting journey.

“AJ and I tried getting you together for the longest time. That’s why every dare we gave you dealt with Nick.”

“You are such a loser. You two made us kiss and make out more times than not. Every time you put us in the closest to make out, we never did.” I let that secret out of the bag.

“What?!”

“Nick thought he would get a disease from me. I didn’t want to kiss him, so we would sit there in silence for a few minutes. Then we would rumple ourselves up so it looked like we made out. We fooled all of you.” I burst into giggles.

--------------------------------------------------

“Ashton, I just wanted to say goodnight.” Nick poked his head around the door.

“Nick can we talk for a few minutes?” He walked in and sat on the chair in the corner of the room.

“What’s up?”

“Do you remember the night at the club?”

“Yeah. Why?”

“What happened with Chelsey?”

Nick put his head in his hands. How was he going to explain this to his wife? It regretted the few times he spent with Chelsey. He wanted to forget about it. “What do you mean?”

“Did anything happen between the two of you?”

“Yes, I slept with her.” He had to be honest with her, even though he knew it would upset her.

“Nick, that’s like cheating. What in the hell possessed you to sleep with her?” Tears ran down my face. I couldn’t even look at me.

“I didn’t think we would get back together. It didn’t happen until after I filed for the divorce.”

“Nick, you sleeping with Chelsey hurts me more than anything else. I feel betrayed.”

“Get off it, Ashton. We were separated, with a divorce pending. You pushed me away.” He raised his voice at me.

“A few weeks before that you were sleeping with me!! How many other women have you slept with?” I yelled back at him.

“There was never anyone else. I made a mistake and slept with her two times. I’m human, and I do stupid things.” He sat on the bed next to me. “I felt guilty afterwards. It was meaningless. It was nothing like making love to you.”

“Of course not, Nick. We love each other. You just wanted your release when you slept with her. There’s a difference.”

“I agree there is a difference. I have a question for you. How do you know the difference?” He smirked at me.

“Well just because you’re the only man I’ve ever been with, doesn’t mean I’m stupid about sexual relationships. I have more than enough friends who kiss and tell.” I snipped at him.

“You sure are feisty tonight.” He placed a loose strand of hair behind my ear.”

“I think you like that I’ve only been with you.” I remarked back slight embarrassed. You would think at my age it wouldn’t bother me anymore, but sometimes it did. In this day and age not many women I knew only slept with one man.

“It turns me on.” He licked my neck up to my ear. I moaned. Our mouths met. I deepened the kiss.