- Text Size +

Nick woke up to see the surroundings in Veronica’s room for the second time in two days.  This time, however, he remembered why he had been there.  He smiled as he stretched remembering the afternoon and evening prior.  When Veronica told him that they would find multiple ways to find pleasure with each other, she hadn’t been kidding.

“Morning,” Veronica’s voice came from the doorway.  “How did you sleep?”

Nick looked in her direction, she still only wore the black silk robe from the day before, but her hair was somewhat damp.   She stood next to the bed and ran her fingers through his hair. 

“Last night was fun,” He said to her as he ran his hand up and down her thigh.  “I’m glad I met you and you looked past that really bad date.” Nick laughed feeling silly that he had believed those gypsy’s words.  She could have known he was at the carnival to perform, she could have just guessed. 

He still couldn’t shake the look in her eyes and how she knew that he had two questions, and she answered both.  The thoughts unnerved him, but he was with Veronica now, at least he planned to be with her now.  Everything would be alright, she was wrong.

“Earth to Nick,” Veronica said laughing. 

He blinked and looked at her.   “Sorry,” he muttered.

“You looked a million miles away." She commented in a tone that implied she wanted to know what he was thinking about.

He gave her what he knew was his signature smirk, “Last night, what else?” He pulled Veronica down on top of him and kissed her.  It was amazing how much this woman turned him on, he could feel himself getting hard again.  They got along through e-mails before she knew who he was, now they connected in person. 

Nick removed her robe, excited to find out she was still completely naked beneath it.   He entered her easily and started moving her back and forth, setting the pace himself.  She cried out in pleasure shortly before he felt himself release.

She collapsed on his chest breathing heavily, sighing in contentment.  “I wish we could stay locked up in my room all day, but I have to be at work in three hours,” She paused and looked at the clock.  “Make that two and a half hours.” She smiled rolling off of him.

“I am going to freshen up,” She disappeared into the bathroom and he could hear water turn on.  He rolled off of the bed and grabbed his clothes.  

When she came out of the bathroom, she leaned against the door frame and watched him pull on his clothes.   “You know you can take a shower here if you like,” She winked at him.

“Tempting,” He said as he cocked his head to the side.  “But, I should get home.  I have a few work related meetings this afternoon myself and I just really want my shower.”

“I can understand,” She smiled and walked towards the door out of the room.  “Want something to eat before you go?”

“Sure,” He followed her out the door and into the kitchen area. 

“Egg white omelet with bell peppers and onion?” She asked.  “I eat meat rarely and when I do it’s primarily fish.” She smiled at him as she pulled out the ingredients to make the omelets.   “So do you want one?” She turned to look at him holding the carton of egg whites in her hand.

“Sounds fantastic,” he admitted.  It really did.  He couldn’t recall if he had much of anything back at his place to eat.  He really did need to order his groceries soon. 

When she finished making his omelet she placed it on a plate in front of him and watched as he took the first bite.  “What do you think?” She asked as he started to chew his food.

“Delicious,” He finished eating and carried his plate to the sink rinsing it off. 

“You can just leave it, I’ll clean it later.” She smiled as she took a bite of her own omelet.  Nick took a seat to be polite and wait for Veronica to finish her breakfast, but he had a feeling he was going to be running late today if he did not start getting a move on.

He checked his watch when she only had half way through and she noticed.  “Don’t let me keep you from leaving? If you have somewhere to go, please by all means.” She smiled at him as he sighed in relief.

“Thanks, I need to get ready for my meetings.” He leaned in and kissed her good-bye. Patting his pocket he made sure he had his keys before heading out the door.  “I’ll call you when I’m done.”  

She waved and blew him a kiss, and he pretended to catch it.  Once the door was closed he cringed at himself.  “Fuck, Carter.  You are such a girl.” He shook his head and left to make his way home.

He had a hard time concentrating on the meeting with his manager and the record label. His thoughts kept wafting back to Veronica and the night they had spent together.  He lucked out with online dating; her couldn’t believe how lucky he had been. All of the mistake dates, especially Jess, seemed worth it for bringing him to Veronica.

When the meeting was over they had decided on a general direction for his next album and decided on a few of the people he’d like to work with.  He also confirmed which song he would be recording that coming weekend. His manager was going to be calling around to see who also wanted to work with him.  Despite his mind drifting in and out of the conversation, he felt that they had achieved quite a bit. 

When he checked his messages sitting in his car, he had one from Brian and one from Veronica.  Brian wanted to know if he wanted to get together and shoot some hoops while he was in town the following week and Veronica wanted to know if he was free for dinner.

“Hey Brian,” He said as he called his friend back.  “You are on next week.”

“I hope you want to hang out a little more than just a game while I am there.” His friend laughed on the other end.

“Of course! Are LeighAnne and Bailey coming out with you?”  Nick asked.  He didn’t mind seeing them, but he hoped he would get to hang out with his friend without a bed time for Bailey hanging over their heads.

“Work trip.” He replied but gave no further explanation.  The last time he and Brian had talked he had not been planning a second album yet, maybe that had changed.

They hashed out the details for the following week for the two days he would be in town.  When they got off the phone, Nick groaned as he realized he forgot to tell him the recent development with Veronica.  He knew Brian would be happy for his friend finally finding someone.  Nick had a grin on his face the rest of the way home admitting to himself that he could fall in love with this woman.

Chapter End Notes:

Yah, sorry this chapter was kind of boring filler stuff.