- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's the next chapter.
Enjoy =)
Chapter One-Hundred-Sixteen




When the kids finished playing jump rope a half n' hour later, they decided that they would go in and get a drink. When they got in there, they found all the adults in there talking. They looked at them as they came in.



"Daddy, can I have a Dr Pepper?" Dakota asked sweetly, knowing she's pushing it but she can't help but try. Nick laughed.



"Wow honey, you're funny." He told her, and he went and opened up the refrigerator and pulled out a water bottle and he held it out to her. Dakota frowned.



"You didn't really think I would let you have a Dr Pepper after all that candy did you? An entire bag of gummy bears, and a lollipop?" Dakota looked at him shocked.



"Oh don't you pull the innocent card on me young lady. I am your daddy, I see all" he told her, and he playfully scooped her up and held her up high before blowing raspberries on her stomach, causing her to shriek and erupt in fits of laughter.



"DAADDYYYYYYYYY" she shrieked. He smirked and brought her down and cradled her, and he rested his forehead against hers as he smiled into her eyes.



"I saw you, you little sneak, sitting in the tunnel eating that lollipop and thinking that nobody saw you but your friends." Dakota smiled up at him guiltily.



"So, since your uncle AJ isn't here, I'm taking control again — no soda for you at all tonight or I am going to have a wild monkey on the loose." Dakota giggled and he kissed her nose.



"When are we gonna goes to the mall daddy?"



"After dinner baby…our plans got changed a little, but I promise you it's still going to happen."



"Kay."



"When are going to have dinner?" Elenore asked curiously, as she received a water bottle from Kevin after being caught trying to sneak a coke and he handed the other two kids a water before they tried anything too.



"As soon as Jackie and Denise come back with the pizza," Aaron answered. Elenore sat there listening to everybody talk for few minutes, than she turned and ventured out of the kitchen, as she wondered where her Joshy could be. She went upstairs where she saw him go earlier and she walked a long the halls and peeked into open bedrooms until she suddenly spotted him sitting on the floor in Brian and Riley's room listening to music on the down low. Curious on what he's listening to, she walked into the room and as soon as she did, she giggled at the words that she heard.




You found out I've got a crush on you…
You must have heard it from my best friend
She's always talking when she should be listening
Can't keep a secret to save her life
But still I trusted her with all I felt inside
I never knew a rumor could spread so fast
But now the word is out all over town
That I'm longing for you…




Josh shot Elenore a warning glare, as he knows exactly what is coming next.



"Thinking about Kota, are we Joshy?"



"Shut up Ellie," he scowled, and she just smirked.



"I never knew you listened to Aaron Carter."



"I listen to the Backstreet Boys don't I? Why wouldn't I listen to Aaron Carter also?" Elenore grinned a little.



"Are you sure its nots just because he's Kota's favorite uncle?" she double-checked, as she went over and sat in front of him.



"I have had this CD long before I knew he was one of her favorites."



"Suuuure..." She giggled, and he rolled his eyes and hugged his legs to his chest, as he turned the song up a little bit. Elenore smirked and reached over and turned it up louder and Josh shot her a glare, before turning it back to where he had it.



"What? Are you scared she'll hear it from all the way down there?"



"Go away Ellie, or I'll tackle you. I am not in the mood." Elenore stared back at him with a mischievous grin on her face and a daring look in her eyes, as that is exactly what she wants — his attention. It has been so long since they've wrestled with each other and she is aching for it. She reached over and turned it up again and Josh shot her a glare and turned it back down, before shoving her, sending her flying backward, so she is no longer squatting, but sitting down on her bottom. Elenore just giggled.



"Ooh — testy, testy," She told him in a 'scolding' type tone, and she got up and sat in his lap.



"Ellie — Ellie get OFF of me!" He demanded, and he tried pushing her off, but she only put all her weight on him so that he couldn't, and while he was struggling, she reached over and turned the volume dial on the radio until it was blaring loud for the whole house to hear.





How did you know cos' I never told
You found out I've got a crush on you
No more charades my heart's been displayed
You found out I've got a crush on you…




Suddenly Josh got a rush of strength in him, and he suddenly shoved Elenore off of him, as he sprung to his feet. She landed on the ground with an 'oomph' and he dove toward her, immediately tackling her.





"What the…" Aaron trailed off, as he a long with everybody else are still downstairs in the kitchen, and they could hear the song playing from all the way in there. "Is that my album playing?"




Maybe I was the one who left a trace
Was there a message written on my face?
Were my emotions so easily read?
That you could know my thoughts before a word was said
Was it my eyes that let you know you had control?
Because the way you moved was so self-assured
You knew I would surrender




"Yeah unless you know anyone else who sings this song," Nick replied, grinning a little.



"Okay, so the question is…why is it playing?"



"I'll give you one guess," Kevin replied, rolling his eyes while grinning, after surveying the children and realizing which two were missing.






"Ellie! Turn it down, NOW!"



"Never! Don't you hear what the song is telling you Joshy-washy? No more charades! Guess you better tell her then." Josh rolled them over so that he is on top, and he pinned her down, before scrambling over to the radio and he turned it down, just as the song ended. Elenore smirked evilly, and she dove toward Josh, shoved him away and reached over and hit the back button. Josh got up from the floor and crawled over and grabbed her, pulling her away with him, causing them both to land backward on the floor — but not before Ellie could turn it to "Aint That Cute" and turn it back up again.



Ooh yeah...Aint that cute

My mama told me I'm too young to love
But I know what I know and I can't get enough
I'm thinking 'bout you and me holding hands
Pushing you on a swing
We can do anything
'Cause when I think of you all I know
Is that there's nothing I won't do to be with you



Josh stared at the radio in horror, as the words came blaring out of it — the words to the song that is much worse than 'crush on you'. Elenore beamed.


"Aww…Joshy isn't that what you Kota did earlier at the park today?"




Ain't that cute-holding hands in the park,
Ain't that cute-can't stay late after dark,
Ain't that cute-was in love from the start,
Ain't that cute-I could swear you stole my heart




"Awww…you know, you two really are cute," She gushed.




"She is never going to let him have this crush in peace, is she." Kevin muttered to Brian quietly, as the two of them were trying their hardest not to laugh — only because Josh is up there suffering, but god it's funny!


"Nope," Brian replied, shaking his head smiling.


"Should we do something about this?"


"Why bother? No matter what we do they're going to argue anyway."


"True."





I often wonder the meaning of love
Is it something meant for just grown-ups?
Nick always told me just to follow my dreams
But with love on my mind it is so hard to see
And still when I think of you all I know
Is that there's nothing I won't do to be with you




Josh couldn't take it anymore. He was now furious with Ellie.


"I'll kill you Ellie, I'll kill you!" he demanded suddenly, and he jumped up and dove toward her. Elenore shrieked and jumped up and ran from the room at top speed. He chased her out of the room and down the hall. She ran in and out of every room, jumping over and crawling under beds and Josh followed her every step of the way. Soon enough she managed to make it to the stairs. When she got there, she ran down them all except for the last two which she jumped over instead and she ran toward the kitchen with him right on her tail. When she got in there, she ran around people, under their legs, and around tables and chairs, until she made it toward the back door — which was opened, and she ran straight out with Josh never failing to keep up. When they got out there, he managed to catch up. He grabbed her by the arm, shoved her into a puddle of mud that was caused by rain not too long ago, and he jumped in after her and the two of them began rolling around and wrestling each other in the mud. Elenore shrieked and giggled, as this was the attention she wanted — this was the fight she was aching for.





"Do you know who they remind me of right now?" Harry asked, as everybody stood at the window in the kitchen just watching.


"Who?" Brian asked curiously.


"You and me when we were little." Brian chuckled.


"Yeah, we had some pretty good mud fights back in the day." The grownups let Elenore and Josh fight with each other until they were both completely worn out and were just lying there side by side looking like two bumps in the mud.


"You are one cruel girl, you know that?" Josh asked, though he was smiling a little bit, as he is no longer angry — he caught on to her whole just doing this for attention scheme about five seconds after he had thrown her in the mud and saw that thrilled look in her eyes.


"You'll thank me one day," Elenore insisted, smiling right back at him. "An' anyways, that was one cool fight you have to admit!" Josh rolled his eyes.


"If you wanted to wrestle me why didn't you just tell me so? I would have been more then willing without you embarrassing me."


"But what's the fun in that? I would rather be the troublemaker. An' anyway, like I said, you will thank me later. If I don't drop hints like this she'll never know and you will just be a big baby your whole life. An' anyhow, you were grumpy and distant…I didnts like it."


"If you drop hints like this, she'll find out and then she'll think I'm stupid and never talk to me again." Elenore rolled her eyes.


"No she won't."


"How do you know?" Josh asked, sitting up now, and he wrapped his arms around his legs. Elenore sat up too, and she gathered up a bunch of mud in her hands.


"Because she likes you too. But you didn't hear it from me because she hasn't even told me yet — well not really because she doesn't even know it herself."


"Then how do you know it for sure?"



"Cause I'm her best friend, I can sense these things." Elenore explained, and she got up and walked away from him, leaving him sitting there in complete shock. When she got to the door, she jumped a little as Kevin stepped in front of her and she looked up at him guiltily.


"Don't you take another step you little mud monster," he told her smiling down at her some to let her know she's not in trouble. She smiled up at him a little. "You wait right here until Brian comes back with towels." He added, and then he looked over at Josh who was still sitting there in the mud staring off into space.


"Joshua, come on over here," he told him, snapping him out of it. Josh got up and did as told and Kevin crouched down in front of Elenore.


"Come on, let's strip you down. Josh, go get the hose over there for me please?" he said, pointing over at the hose in the yard. Josh nodded and went over to get it.



"How come I can't just go takes a bubble bath Kevy?"



"You will, I just need to clean you off a little bit. I'm the one who has to carry you up there after all." He helped her take her clothes off then until she was standing there in the nude and Josh came up beside them with the hose turned on and everything. Kevin took it from him and began cleaning Elenore off and he looked at Josh.


"Take your clothes off too buddy…can you do that for me?" Josh nodded and once again did as told and just as he was undressed and Kevin was finishing up on washing Elenore somewhat clean, Brian walked out with towels. He handed Kevin one and Kevin wrapped Elenore in it, scooped her up into his arms cradling her and he carried her into the house leaving Brian out there to clean up his son. He did just that, wrapped him in a towel and brought him in for a bath also.



~*~*~*~*~



Meanwhile, in New York, hours later Brooke woke up from her nap just ten minutes before dinnertime. She crawled out of bed and walked downstairs to find Jaime and Peyton sitting on the couch watching TV and she could hear her mom and dad in the kitchen. She can smell dinner being made and everything. She went into the kitchen for a Dr Pepper, and when she entered it, her parents looked at her with concern in her eyes.


"Hey Brooke...Peyton and Jai told us that you were acting strangely earlier…are you okay?" her father, Jeff questioned.



"Yeah dad…I'm fine. I never should have stayed up all night talking on the phone after being on a plane all day long. I'm better now though after that nap," Brooke reassured, lying again…like she's been doing all day. She plans on telling her family after dinner…she just hopes she can do it…she went over to her mom and gave her a short hug, while kissing her cheek.


"I'm fine mom, really. How was shopping today? What'd you get?"



"Dinner for tonight, and stuff for thanksgiving."



"Oh, cool. What's for dinner?" She questioned, and she surveyed what her mom was cooking, and discovered that it's lasagna


"Mmm…my favorite."


"I know, that's why I'm making it." Her mom smiled and Brooke managed to smile back, before pulling away and going to the refrigerator. She doesn't deserve me… she thought inwardly to herself, as she got out a Dr Pepper. When she did she went into the living room and Jaime and Peyton looked at her.


"Hey Brookie, how was your nap?" Jaime asked gently.


"Great…it was very much needed," Brooke replied, and she grabbed a blanket, wrapped it around her and went and crawled into the lazy boy chair. She huddled up in a ball and rested her head against the armrest of the chair and she looked at the TV.



"Tom and Jerry, Jai? Aren't you just a little too old?" she asked, smiling at him and he smirked.



"You know it's my show Brooke."