- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's the next chapter.
Enjoy =)
Chapter One-Hundred-Thirty-Seven




Meanwhile, at the Richardson household, when Kevin managed to get Elenore to calm down some she sat up sniffling and she looked around the house taking in her surroundings. As she looked around she spotted Jerald and she immediately smiled and felt better knowing Kevin isn't the only one that she recognizes. He smiled back at her and went over and sat next to his younger brother and he ruffled Elenore's hair.



"Hey…is that a smile I spotted?"



"No…" Elenore insisted stubbornly, and she tried her hardest frown.



"Oh it wasn't?" Jerald asked, sounding disappointed.



"Nuh-uhs," Elenore answered, shaking her head about and making her messy pigtails shake about.



"Well I know just what will change that," Jerald insisted, and he gently took Elenore from Kevin and headed on toward the stairs.



"Jer, if you give that child anymore sweets…"



"-Don't worry Kev, it's not sweets" Jerald cut him off just before disappearing around the corner upstairs. Kevin shook his head and looked at his mother and Tim who were sitting there watching the two in amusement.



"She knows him one day and she already knows how to work him," he muttered and Ann laughed.


"I think he misses having a little kid who adores him around…Jacob has been giving him troubles lately. We were all excited when you told us you were bringing her, but he was beyond excited…he went and got her gifts and looked up activities for her and everything."



"How can Jake be giving him troubles? He isn't old enough to be giving him teenager problems, he's only seven."



"Well because Ally has been filling his head with all kinds of garbage and he's angry with him over the whole divorce...it's just not good between them right now."



"Will he be spending Thanksgiving with us? And Christmas?"



"He'll be spending part of Thanksgiving with us. He'll be spending the morning with his mother and then Jer will be going to get him in the afternoon and he gets him for the rest of the day. On Christmas we only get him on Christmas Eve so we will be having a Christmas Eve party and then of course the traditional stuff on Christmas day."



"That really sucks…" Kevin replied, feeling bad for his older brother that he has to go through all of these custody problems just to see his son. "What about Will and Olivia, Tim?"



"Basically the same thing as Jerald except I get them all day on Thanksgiving and then I have to have them home by three thirty when her family starts Thanksgiving dinner. As for Christmas…I get them twice. Christmas Eve and until three thirty on Christmas day." Kevin was about to reply when suddenly they heard Elenore squeal excitedly upstairs. Kevin raised his eyebrow and looked at Tim and Ann and they both smiled and shrugged their shoulders pretending not to know a thing. A few moments later she came running down the stairs with an entire basket full of stuff and Jerald was close behind her smiling.



"Kevy look what's Jerald gots me, look!" she exclaimed cheerfully and she ran on over to him and placed the basket in his lap so he could look. Sitting inside the basket was a teddy bear dressed in a pink ruffle button up top and pink plaid capri pants. Kevin can tell that Jerald got it from The Build A Bear Shop. There is also a pack of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Ducktales PEZ Dispensers that come with the candy, a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle DVD set, and the action figures.



"Wow…Jer you went all out," Kevin commented, looking at his brother impressed.


"You told me she liked all of those things and I wasn't sure which she would like best, so I just got her a whole basket full." Jerald beamed. "She can save the PEZ for later if you want her too, I know she's already had way too much sugar." Kevin looked down at Elenore and he could see her looking up at him with pleading eyes and he caved — she just looks way too excited.


"If she wants, she may open her PEZ and put the candy inside a dispenser but she may only have two for now. She can save the rest for later." Elenore squealed again with delight and she plopped down onto the floor by Kevin's feet and she began looking at all of her PEZ trying to decide which one she wanted to use first.



"Did you tell Jerald thank-you and give him a hug? He's done a lot of nice things for you today."



"Uh-huhs," Elenore answered, not even looking up from her stuff. Kevin looked at Jerald to double check.



"Yup, she did the moment she found the basket. I made her look for it like a little treasure hunt."



"We played hot an' cold," Elenore announced happily. "Are we spending the night here Kevy? We hafta goes an' gets Joshy if we are," Elenore asked a few moments later, and she suddenly looked up at Kevin with sudden worry in her eyes as realization hit her that she does not have her Joshy with her.



"Nah, we'll be going home I promise. I know better then try and get you to spend the night at a new place without him. We're going to have dinner and hang out here for awhile afterward and then I will be taking you home."



"Home?" Elenore asked confused.



"I mean home as in my Aunt Jackie's house," Kevin corrected himself.



"Will we be seein' Jerald again tomorrow?" Elenore questioned, and she cocked her head to the side as she looked up at her Kevy curiously.



"Maybe after he works, but we'll be spending the day with my other brother Tim," Kevin answered, indicating toward the other man that Elenore hasn't yet acknowledged. Ann had gotten up long ago and went into the kitchen to check on the chili. Elenore looked at Tim curiously though she nervously grabbed hold of Kevin's pantleg as she sat between his feet on the floor with her basket of goodies in front of her. She met Tim already, but he is still a bit of a stranger to her.



"What are we gonna do?" She questioned, knowing that if Jerald took her somewhere fun Tim must be doing the same. Kevin looked over at Tim grinning a little.



"Yeah Tim, what are we going to do?"



"How would you like to go quad riding, Ellie? And I thought we would ride some go-karts too — and go to the toy store." Elenore beamed excitedly.



"Okay!"



"And then after that you boys are going to bring her back here to me so we can make cookies together," Ann insisted, as she came back in from the kitchen. "I bet Jackie would love to have some cookies brought over for Thanksgiving on Sunday."



"I likes cookies," Elenore beamed. "I never made them before though…"



"That's okay, I will teach you," Ann replied and she gave her a reassuring smile. Elenore smiled back as she wrapped her arms around each of Kevin's legs as she still sat between them and she decided that she likes this lady a lot. Tim however is still a little new to her but he is offering nice things so she likes him well enough. Jerald of course, is her favorite person in the whole wide world after Kevin and Brian. "As of right now though, dinner is about done — so you all should probably wash up," she added, and she disappeared in the kitchen again to tend to the chili. Kevin grinned and looked down at Elenore, who looked up at him curiously.



"Come on Ellie, you heard the woman. Lets get you washed up," he told her and just as he stood up Elenore latched onto his right leg with both arms and she moved so she is sitting on his foot and she smiled up at him innocently. Kevin tried to walk but no matter how hard he did, he couldn't move. Tim laughed.



"Come on Kev, she can't be that heavy, she is only five years old." Kevin tried a little harder and eventually he began walking toward the stairs — slowly, but at least he is walking. Elenore giggled amusedly as she held on tight. As soon as he finally reached the stairs he bent over and gathered her up in his arms and he carried her the rest of the way up.



"There is no way I am attempting to walk up these stairs with you attached to my leg, munchkin," he informed her as he did.




~*~*~*~*~



Meanwhile at the playground in Kentucky, Dakota became incredibly bored and decided she wants her daddy so she got up from digging in the sand with Josh, Sarah, and Spencer and she went over to the Ramada where the grownups are. They all immediately stopped talking as soon as she arrived and she went straight to Nick who still sat on the ground next to Ashley.



"Hi daddy," she greeted him sweetly and she walked into his outstretched arms allowing him to wrap them around her and hug her affectionately.



"Hi honey, I'm glad you aren't getting dirty again," he replied and he gave her a goofy look which only made her giggle.



"Joshy wanted to builds a sand castle."



"I see…and since Joshy wanted to do it, little Miss Dakota had to follow his lead huh?" he questioned as he rested his forehead against hers and she smiled at him innocently.



"Well yes because everything Joshy is doing is always fun." Nick chuckled a little and then rubbed his hand over her back as she snuggled more against him. He doesn't see how Josh can doubt that Dakota likes him. She's liked him since she could talk and have her own opinion and despite how rotten he used to be toward her it didn't matter what Josh was doing, she was always going his way because everything he did amazed her. He never understood why and hated it because Josh was nothing but rotten to his little girl, but if you asked him how he feels about it today you would get a whole different answer. If Dakota has to have a crush on someone at such a young age, Nick is glad it's Josh.



"I love you Daddy."



"I love you too baby doll," Nick replied and he kissed her cheek. Dakota beamed up at him sweetly.



"Will you push me on the swings?"



"Mhm," he answered and he leaned over and gave Ashley a peck on the lips, before getting up with Dakota and he carried her over to the swings. Ashley reached over and gathered Abbie into her lap and she began petting her as Abbie settled down and relaxed across her legs. She looked around at everybody else to see that Howie had gone over to spend sometime with Ryan and Harold with his grandson. Jackie and Harry are still at the table a long with Kori and Wiley.



"So Ashley, how are you?" Kori asked curiously, as she is still convinced that something is up with her sister. She isn't sure what it is yet, but she's determined to find out and she will. One thing Kori knows that hasn't changed is that she still can't keep anything from her no matter how much she tries.



"Fine," Ashley answered, trying to sound as normal as possible. She knows Kori is onto her, she can sense it. "How are you and Wiley doing?" she asked and Kori can just hear the sarcasm in her voice and she knows it's from being locked out.



"Oh good, good. We were actually thinking about going to the mall tomorrow with Spencer. How about you come with us? Bring Kota with you — and Nick of course."



"Oh you mean I am actually invited to spend time with you guys now?"



"I wouldn't have asked you if you weren't."


"Are you sure you won't lock the car doors when I try to get in or something?"



"I'm positive," Kori smiled. Ashley rolled her eyes some and bent down and kissed the top of Abbie's head. Kori was about to open her mouth to speak again when suddenly her cell phone rang. She pulled it from her pocket and looked at the caller ID to find that it's her friend Isabelle.


"It's Isabelle…something must be up with the Diner," she announced and she got up and walked away as she answered the phone. Ashley sighed and looked down at Abbie.



"Right…her other life," She muttered so quietly you would think that no one could hear her but Wiley did and so did Denise, Harold and Jackie.



"Just because that Diner means a lot to her it doesn't mean you don't too," Wiley spoke up, trying to reassure her.



"Whatever…that Diner and her life back in Jersey means a lot more to her then I ever will," Ashley insisted bitterly.



"It does not…"



"Yes it does. She can't wait to get back to the whole new world that she created without me and personally I can't wait until she leaves either. The quicker the better," Ashley insisted angrily and she got up with Abbie and walked off in the direction of the swings. Wiley sighed heavily. When she got to Nick she walked straight to him and into his arms as he had them outstretched for her since he saw her coming. When he closed them around her he placed one hand to her cheek and looked into her watery eyes concerned.



"What's wrong baby?"



"I wish Kori would just go back to her other life now and just get it over with. If she has to leave I wish she would just do it already, because…because I hate her…" Ashley explained while breaking down into sobs and she buried her face in his chest. Nick rubbed his hand over her back comfortingly and he kissed the top of her head as he looked over where Kori is and he saw her talking on the phone and suddenly understood. "I wish she never came back…I wish she stayed where she was at. I hate her for coming here and making me feel like I have my sister back only to just lose her again when this is all over…I was just getting used to her being here. I'm glad her friend called it brought me back to reality."



"Honey Kori loves you very much…I already told you that if you asked her to stay she probably would. I know you really want her to."



"No she won't…she said so herself she misses her Diner. She said so herself she's miserable in Florida. She loves her other life so much better."



"She didn't mean it like that baby…you are very important to her. She just meant that Florida brings back painful memories…but if you asked her to, I'm sure she would tough it out just for you."



"Painful memories that wouldn't exist if she hadn't left in the first place. It's all her damn fault…I feel those painful memories too…each and every day — while she was safe in New Jersey, I had to watch it all happen in front of me but you don't see me being a fucking coward and abandoning my family!" Nick didn't reply, as he knows no matter what he tries to say nothing will take away the pain and he anger toward her sister. He just hugged her closer to him and placed soft kisses on her forehead as he tried his best to calm her down. He eventually took Abbie from her and gave her to Dakota so that he could hug her better.