- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's the next chapter.
Enjoy =)
Chapter One-Hundred-Seventy-Five



“Aren’t you two sick of Wal-Mart yet? I mean you’ve been here about a dozen times since the beginning of the week,” Q questioned, as he trailed behind Aaron and Stacy who were walking through the store hand n’ hand.


“I will never bad mouth Wal-Mart again,” Aaron insisted as he glanced over at Stacy who had stopped to look at a display of cameras.


“Why?” Q asked amusedly. He knows the answer but he wonders if he is brave enough to answer him with Stacy standing right there.


“Because you have the best memories at Wal-Mart.” Stacy smirked.


“Yes, I will always treasure the memory of saving your butt after you walked up to a bunch of unsuspecting fans and started a mob. Can I tell our grandchildren about that if we stay together for that long Air?” Aaron narrowed his eyes at her.


“You’re funny – real funny,” he told her and he threw popcorn at her, hitting her right in the head.


“Hey!!” Stacy pouted and she pulled popcorn from her own small bag and threw it at Aaron but he dodged it and laughed.


“Hey – hey. No throwing popcorn in the store…do you want to add getting kicked out of Wal-Mart to the list of stories you tell your grandchildren?” Q lectured. Stacy frowned some.


“Well that’s boring. I hope that if we should get kicked out of Wal-Mart it would be for a more exciting reason then that…” Q chuckled.


“Yup, you and Airboy are two peas in a pod.” Aaron grinned cheesily and snaked his arms around Stacy’s waist before pulling her close to him and he kissed her cheek affectionately, before letting go and running off in the electronics area.


“Aaron, you stay close to me! If anything happens to you and your brother kills me for it it’s going to be you that I haunt!”


“Relax, Relax – I’m just right here,” Aaron insisted. Stacy looked up from the camera she was checking out and glanced over at her new found boyfriend and she discovered him looking at alarm clocks.


“Looking to buy a new alarm clock, Aaron?”


“I’m just browsing,” Aaron shrugged. Stacy laughed.


“Yes, because alarm clocks are just so interesting.” Aaron stuck his tongue out at her and she shook her head smiling before going back to looking at the camera in her hands. Aaron looked over at Q who had gone over and began checking out the CDs. He grinned and began playing around with all of the different alarm clocks. Ten minutes had gone by that they were all three doing their separate things when suddenly one alarm clock began to go off. Q and Stacy turned to look at Aaron to see he had moved on and was now innocently looking at Ipods and such. An employee who was standing at the electronics desk turned and looked at the clocks with a raised eyebrow. He went over and looked around trying to determine which one it was. When he found it he hit the off button and was just about to walk away when another one went off.

“What the…” the employee trailed off and he went across the isle to the other clocks and turned that one off just as another went off – and another, and another…until various alarm clocks were going off in all different places. The employee looked over at the desk where two of his co-workers were standing and watching him with amusement while wearing a tortured look on his face.


“Ivy help! The alarm clocks are out of control!” Stacy stifled a giggle and she glanced at Aaron through the mirror in front of her to see him standing in the Ipod and CD player’s section snickering quietly to himself. Q is quietly looking at CDs and pretending to not know what is going on in the least bit. The woman called Ivy laughed and she went on over and began helping him try to figure out how to shut them all off. Other customers around them were standing there with mixed reactions. Some were highly amused and laughing at the situation and others were thoroughly annoyed. Aaron, Q, and Stacy hung around until a few moments after they had finally gotten the alarm clocks to shut off and then they met up with each other and left – Stacy with a nice digital camera in her hands. Aaron wore a huge smirk on his face and Q was shaking his head in amusement. He knows he shouldn’t encourage what Aaron did, but at the same time it was funny as hell, and totally an Aaron thing to do. Aaron slid his arms around Stacy as he walked behind her and he kissed her neck and shoulders softly.


“That’s a nice camera.”


“Mhm. I’ve been wanting one for so long…”


“How are you paying for it? You didn’t exactly bring anything with you when you came running over to see me last night – and we snuck through your window this morning but your dad was sleeping so you couldn’t have asked him for money.”


“I have my own money that I’ve earned from baby sitting…and saved up from all of my Aaron Carter Concert Days.” Aaron hugged Stacy close affectionately and she looked up at him as she rested the back of her head against his shoulder and he grinned and cupped her cheek in his hand before leaning forward and claiming her lips for his own.


“I’m going to laugh when you two run into something,” Q announced amusedly. Aaron pulled back suddenly but he kept his arms wrapped around Stacy as he continued to walk behind her. They walked around looking for something to look at for a few moments, and when Q stopped to look at the shades and such Aaron and Stacy stood a few feet away from him looking at stuff. After a couple of moments though Aaron looked over at Q and he eyed him cautiously. When he saw that he was absorbed in the shades Aaron smirked and took Stacy’s hand and he dove under a nearby clothes rack.


“Aaron what are you—“


“Shhh…” Aaron whispered and he peeked out of the rack between a pair of pants and Stacy did also. They watched as Q looked and after a few moments he spoke.


“Well, where to next Air?” He questioned. He waited for Aaron’s reply and when he didn’t get one he became confused.


“Aaron?” He questioned, and he looked up from the hats and behind him where the two teenagers were standing. When he didn’t see them there he narrowed his eyes.


“Oh shit…Nick is going to kill me,” he muttered, and he hurried off in a certain direction of the store in search of Aaron and Stacy. When Q had turned the corner and Aaron was sure he wasn’t going to turn around and come back he grinned and looked at Stacy.


“Care to go to the lake and go swimming?”


“Are you crazy? We’re going to be SO busted.”


“But wouldn’t it be worth it to have the rest of the day alone together without him following us around all day?” Aaron pouted.


“He’s following us around for a reason Aaron…Marcus informed me this morning on what’s going on…” Aaron groaned.


“I don’t see what the fuss is about. They aren’t after me…they’re after Ashley.”


“You don’t know that.”


“Come on Stace, please?” Aaron pleaded while sticking his lower lip out in a pout. “I just got a brand new girlfriend today and it really sucks having him hovering over us the whole time.”


“Yes it does suck…but he keeps us safe.”


“Please?” Aaron begged and he slid his arms around her again and pulled her near and he placed soft kisses on the side of her neck and shoulders. Stacy scowled.


“You’re not right, you know that?”


“I can’t help it if I want my girlfriend all to myself.” Stacy sighed.


“Fine…” Aaron grinned.


“Sweet! Come on,” he told her and he crawled out from under the clothes rack pulling Stacy a long with him. When they were out the two of them stood up and they quickly headed for the doors that lead them out of Wal-Mart. Neither of them taking notice of the man near by grinning with excitement that they’re alone. He began to follow them dutifully. When Aaron and Stacy had made it to the doors they were just about to walk out when they heard a firm voice from behind them.


“AARON CHARLES CARTER! DON’T YOU TAKE ANOTHER STEP.” Aaron looked back over his shoulder just on time to see Q hurrying after them.


“Ah shit…” he groaned and he started to continue to pull Stacy a long when Q called out another threat.


“You step one foot outside that door and you will never see the light of day again!”


“Aaron don’t. It’s not worth getting grounded and not being able to see each other for a long time is it?”


“Listen to her Aaron…she’s right,” Q replied, as he is now standing directly behind them ready to reach out and grab them if they should go any further.


“How did you find us?” Aaron scowled.


“You’re talking to a trained security guard here.” Aaron rolled his eyes.


“Come on. You can still save yourself from being in trouble. You turn around and we’ll go get ice cream and this sad attempt to escape will be our little secret.”


“Ice cream sounds good,” Stacy replied. “But can we go to Dairy Queen instead?” She asked while looking at Aaron with ‘give it up’ looks. Q broke out into a smile.


“Dairy Queen it is!” he replied cheerily, and he stepped between them and wrapped his arms around each of their shoulders and began steering them out of Wal-Mart.


“You better show me that you can be trusted Aaron or I will really start treating you like a five year old and you aren’t going to like it.” Aaron pulled away from Q and stubbornly shoved his hands in his pockets. “Some parents even put leashes on their five year olds. You wouldn’t want me to do that now would you?”


“You wouldn’t dare…”


“Try me. Run away again and we’ll see what happens.” Q threatened. Aaron didn’t reply but Stacy however, was rather amused by Q’s threat. She doesn’t see what the big deal is about having him with them. He’s funny and gentle yet he’ll kick your ass if he needs to. Q noticed her smiling and he grinned and winked at her as the two of them walked side by side, Q still with his arm wrapped around her and Aaron at his side still pissed that their escape hadn’t worked. Max who was following close behind them – but not too close to be seen was just as frustrated about it too. He knows Sean wouldn’t allow him to actually kidnap the boy but it would make his job of following him a whole lot easier if that security guard wasn’t around. Though he’s not sure how much longer he will be around seeing as how Aaron seems so determined to get rid of him. He followed the three of them to Dairy Queen but he waited a few moments before going in as to not make it seem like he is following them. When he walked in Aaron and Stacy were sitting over at a table for two and Q must have offered to go and get their ice cream because he was waiting in line. Max went and sat at a table in the far corner of the ice cream shop where he wasn’t most likely to be noticed and he sat down and opened the paper that he had grabbed from the paper stand outside and he began looking at it. When Q had gotten their ice cream he brought the tray over and delivered two of them to the anxious teenagers and then he went two tables away and sat down and pulled out a book to read. He understands why Aaron had tried to escape earlier…he was hovering a little too much. He knows that if he doesn’t want another escape attempt he has to respect his need for privacy.



~*~*~*~*~



Meanwhile at the hair and nails shop, by the time Ashley, Marcus, and Sarah had returned from Port Of Subs with lunch the lady who was doing Ashley’s hair was ready to blow dry it, cut it, and style it. After handing Denise her sandwich and chips Ashley sat down and set her stuff on the counter space of the ladies’ workspace to have after she was done with her. Marcus pulled up a little chair in the kiddie area to the kids table and he helped Sarah get situated before sitting down in a waiting chair behind her to eat his own lunch.


“Who was that on the phone when Marcus and I left Momma Denise?” Ashley asked curiously.


“Howie,” Denise answered while rolling her eyes and looking somewhat irritated. Ashley raised her eyebrow.


“I’m usually excited to get a phone call from him…not that I’ve ever talked to him on the phone before or anything, but I was a Backstreet Fan before ya know.” Denise laughed a little.


“It’s not that dear, I love Howie like another son. It’s Alex I’m not so happy with at the moment.


“Uh-oh…what’d he do now? He’s not on the news again is he?”


“He and Kori got into an argument. He upset Kori pretty bad and then ran off with Laila without taking security with him.” Ashley narrowed her eyes suddenly.


“What did he upset her for?”


“He went a little too far and said some things that he shouldn’t have said.”


“Like what?” Ashley asked, suddenly getting the feeling that Denise is trying to keep something from her. Denise shrugged.


“It’s not my place to tell you.”


“They were arguing about me…weren’t they?” Denise nodded knowing there is no way she could tell her no and get her to believe it.


“Why?”


“I can’t tell you that honey.” Ashley raised her eyebrow at her.


“Was it about me and Nick? Cause the only time Kori and AJ clash is when it’s about the two people they’re most protective of.” Denise shrugged and looked over at the lady who was doing her hair. She like the one doing Ashley’s is multi-tasking.


“Hey Cynthia?”


“Yeah hon? Is everything okay?”


“Yeah, everything is fine. But you asked me to tell you when it’s been ten minutes and it’s been ten minutes.”


“Oh okay. Come with me then and I will rinse out your hair.” Denise nodded and set her sandwich down next to Ashley’s and she got up and went back to where they rinse your hair out. Ashley narrowed her eyes after her newfound mother knowing very well that she is keeping something from her. She looked over at Marcus then.


“Hey Marcus?”


“Yeah sweetie?”


“May I borrow your cell phone please?” she asked sweetly. “Id like to call my sister.”


“Sure honey,” Marcus agreed and he got up and brought his phone to her. She took it from him and she turned it on and dialed Kori’s number. When she did she placed it to her ear and it rung a couple of times before she heard Kori pick up.


“Hello?”


“Hey sis…it’s me.”


“Ashley!” Kori exclaimed, surprised to hear from her. “We were just talking about you…”


“Oh? How come?”


“Spencer here was just telling me about how much he misses his favorite aunt.”


“Yeah…I’m sure,” Ashley replied while rolling her eyes. “Why were you and Alex fighting?”


“Fighting? We weren’t fighting. We’re getting a long just great!”


“Liar.”


“No I’m serious! It is like we were brother and sister our whole life.”


“Cut the crap Kor…I know when you’re lying to me and Howie called momma Denise and told her all about it – but she seems too keen on me not finding out about it so I thought Id call you.”


“There is nothing to tell Ash. We fought, it’s done, move on.”


“You and I both know I don’t do the whole ‘moving on’ thing very well.”


“Well you’re just going to have to try this time.”


“What is it that you people don’t want me finding out?”


“Just…it’s nothing Ash! Okay? Don’t worry about it.”


“I’m going to call Nick next if you don’t tell me – and if he doesn’t tell me I am just going to go down the list of callers until someone does.”


“Mind your own business sis. I will see you later okay? Bye love you much! Have fun” Kori replied and before Ashley even had time to protest she hung up.


“It is my business! Because obviously they were arguing about me and Nick and they don’t want me knowing about it.” Ashley complained to Marcus.


“Maybe they just don’t want to hurt you.”


“Or maybe they’re up to something – id be suspicious too,” Monica, the lady doing Ashley’s hair agreed. Ashley smiled and nodded.


“Thank-you. Atleast someone is on my side here.” Marcus chuckled and Ashley turned on the phone, went to Marcus’ phone book, went down to Nick’s number and pressed send and she placed the phone to her ear.


Now who are you calling on my phone?”


“Nicky.”


“Yes baby?” Nick answered on the other line right on the first ring when he had heard her say his name. Ashley jumped a little not expecting him to answer so quickly. Marcus laughed and shook his head.


“We really need to get you your own phone,” he insisted and he got up from sitting on his knees on the floor next to her and he went and sat down in his chair to continue his lunch.


“What’s going on baby? Is everything okay?”


“It’s alright…but I just need to know something…it’s driving me crazy and no one is giving me answers.” Ashley replied and she began to explain to Nick what Denise had told her and then about her conversation with Kori.


“I’m sure it’s nothing baby.”


“But Nicky they were acting so suspicious – Kori isn’t the only one who knows when her sister is lying.”


“If it were important I would know about it.”


“Not necessarily…everybody is so keen on keeping it secret.”


“So let them have their secrets. Its not like we haven’t had our share of secrets before.” Ashley scowled.


“At least all of ours were about us not other people.”


“How about this one Nick? Do you think she-“


“Shhh Frick in a minute.” Ashley raised her eyebrow.


“What’cha doing?”


“Shopping with Kota, Brian, and Josh.”


“What are you shopping for?”


“Kota wanted to get a surprise for Ellie. So we’re in Claire’s and Brian found a cool necklace and wanted to know if I think Ellie would like it.” Nick answered, coming up with the best story he could think of hoping that it would work. He knows he is never a very good liar when it comes to her.


“So why’d you shush him then?” Ashley asked suspiciously.


“Because I didn’t want him to interrupt my conversation with the love of my life. I miss you, you know…” Nick answered so sincerely that it caused Ashley’s insides to melt.


“I miss you too…but we’ll see each other for a few minutes when I give Sarah to you before I go out with Kori.”


“Mhm…I can’t wait to hold you in my arms even for just a few minutes.” Ashley smiled some.


“Stop it Nicky or you’re going to make this very hard for me.” Nick chuckled.


“Not so strong after all, are you?”


“No I’m not. But I am sure as hell trying.”


“And I love you for that. But I’ve gotta go baby…Dakota wants me.”


“Okay,” Ashley replied.


“I love you.”


“Love you too…”


“Bye,” Nick replied and he hung up. Ashley did too and looked at Marcus. He got up and went over and took his phone from her and then he went back to watching Sarah. Ashley sat back in her chair and quietly stared at her feet as she wondered suspiciously on what everybody is keeping from her…and if Nick really was in Claire’s or not. He’s never been a very good liar. But it was a pretty good story…whether she believes it or not she’s not quite sure. After Cynthia had finished rinsing Denise’s hair, she brought her back to blow dry and style it. By the time Monica had finished with Ashley’s, she had black cherry colored hair that was cut just to the top of her shoulders and was straightened but Monica had given the tips a little curl. When Cynthia was done styling Denise’s hair it had been trimmed slightly but was still her regular short red and curly hair but with a little bit of blonde streaks in it and Ashley was sure to tell her it looked great because it did. When they were done doing the hair, Cynthia and Monica went on to doing their pedicure and manicure. While they worked on Denise and Ashley’s nails another lady named Bridgett coaxed Sarah over to a chair next to them and they did her nails too. This made Sarah smile big…and seeing Sarah smile made Ashley beam with pride as she sat there talking with Denise, Bridgett, Cynthia, and Monica. She knew Sarah would enjoy it.