- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's the next chapter.
It was co-written with Lenni.
Enjoy =)
Chapter Three-Hundred-Twenty-Two



Later on after the Beauty & The Beast tryouts Jennifer informed all of the kids that she will be letting everybody know who got what right after New Years. While her friends were planning on going to the playroom, Elenore ran on over to Kevin who had just got off the phone and she tackled his legs excitedly.


“Kevy is it time to goes to work with Elliot, is it, is it?” she asked eagerly.


“Mhm it is,” Kevin replied while gently gathering the five year old into his arms. “That was him I just got off of the phone with. He wants me to bring you to him straight away.” Elenore cheered and clapped her hands excitedly and he turned her around to face Jerald.


“Give your uncle a kiss, he’s gonna stay here.”


“How come?” Elenore wanted to know.


“Because he has some phone calls that he wants to make. Now come on Detective Stabler said it’s important that we get down there pronto,” he explained and he held her out toward Jerald. Elenore leaned forward and placed a kiss on his awaiting cheek.


“Bye beautiful, have fun” he told her causing Elenore to flinch slightly in surprise upon hearing him call her beautiful and she looked up at Kevin gaping and he chuckled and turned her around to face him again as he walked out of the room. Meanwhile, Dakota who had finished hugging people and listening to them tell her how adorable she is ran on over to Doctor Johnson and crawled into his lap before hugging him tightly.


“Hi Dr J, did you likes the tryouts??” Doctor Johnson grinned a little and hugged her back.


“I did sweetheart, you did very well. Who knew you had such a beautiful voice?” he told her and she beamed.



“Who is she?” she asked curiously while indicating toward Annabelle.


“Someone very special I want you to meet. Dakota this is my friend Anna – Anna, this is my buddy Dakota – we go way back. She’s been in this Orphanage since she was 3 days old. Her father is Nick…so she basically lives here.”


“Is she the one daddy said you were sad abouts because they were gonna pull some plug?” Dakota asked curiously, causing Annabelle and Doctor Johnson both to laugh and she looked back and forth between the two with a what did I say kind of look.


“Yup she’s the one. But everything turned out okay, so it’s all good” he reassured.


“It’s nice to meet you Anna,” Dakota told her and she politely held her hand out.


“It’s nice to meet you too,” Anna replied while taking hold of her hand and shaking it. Dakota smiled at her some and she turned her head and placed her hand to Doctor Johnson’s cheek before leaning up and whispering into his ear.


“She’s pretty.”


“You think so huh?” Doctor Johnson asked amusedly and he flashed a curious Anna a mysterious grin and Dakota smiled and nodded before whispering into his ear again.


“An’ you likes her don’t you?” Doctor Johnson laughed.


“Boy nothing gets by you does it?” Dakota shook her head.


“I’m Ashee’s girl you should knows that already.”


“Oh yeah huh? How silly of me,” he chuckled and he planted a kiss on her cheek.


“Do you have any kids?” Dakota wanted to know while turning her attention back on Anna.


“Yes I do, I have a daughter named Julie. She’s eight years old.”


“You should bring her by so she can play” Dakota suggested.


“I will sometime I promise,” Anna replied and Dakota beamed at her.


“Good.” Doctor Johnson smiled some, before playfully tickling Dakota in the sides and she squealed and giggled.


“Why don’t you do me a favor and go give Josh a big hug for me and tell him I said he did great, will you?”


“U-hu-h,” Dakota replied between giggles and he smirked and set her so her feet were on the ground and she took off running to deliver Doctor Johnson’s hug and message. He turned his attention on Anna then who was smiling at him some.


“You are very good with her.”


“Four years of practice. She and Nick are like family to me.”


“Are you going to tell me about that private conversation the two of you had?” She interrogated while raising one eyebrow at him playfully.


“She told me you are pretty,” Doctor Johnson answered simply. Annabelle blushed.


“And I would agree with her except that’s the biggest understatement I’ve heard in a long time.”


“Are you flirting with me Mr. Johnson? I’m pretty sure doctors aren’t supposed to do that with their patients” Annabelle replied rather coolly, giving anybody who were to be eavesdropping the impression that she is flirting right back.


“Flirting? Me? Nah…it was simply just a compliment – and the truth” He insisted innocently but he reached out and tucked a strand of her hair that had fallen in her face back behind her ear as he gazed into her piercing blue eyes. Doctor Johnson by now completely lost to everything around him that isn’t Anna, was completely unaware that he was being watched. Jennifer was still standing on the stage with her arms crossed over her chest and she was bitterly watching the soon to be couple. Rolling her eyes in disgust she went on over to Jaime who was standing alone. She will not let herself dwell on this. She will not let him get to her. She will move on. She has to otherwise working at Ramsey is going to be hell for her.



~*~*~*~*~



“Who are we gonna arrest Elliot, Huh, huh??” Elenore asked eagerly as she stood there letting him put a bulletproof vest on her.


“You’ll see,” was all Detective Stabler told her.


“Why are you putting that on her? Is there going to be gun shots involved? I thought you said this was safe,” Kevin asked worriedly.


“It’s just a precaution Kev,” Detective Benson reassured him. “She’s going to be nothing but an observer – she’ll be kept out of the way the whole time I promise.” When Kevin saw the seriousness in Detective Benson’s face as she made the promise to keep his daughter safe he calmed down a little – but only a little bit.


“Don’ts worry Kevy, I’ll be fine” Elenore reassured. “Elliot is gonna teaches me how to be a detective an’ then when I gets bigger I’ma kick ass like he does. So don’ts worry.” Detective Stabler stifled a laugh.


“Ellie honey that’s not a nice word.” Elenore shrugged.


“What’s the big deal? They’re just words. It means butt. My daddy says it all the time.”


“Well your father isn’t a very good example is he?” Detective Stabler asked.


“I know for a fact that he wouldn’t want you going around repeating his filthy language no matter how bad he is,” Kevin added.


“He isn’t bad Kevy, his choices are bad” Elenore corrected patiently.


“Fine then, I know for a fact that he wouldn’t want you going around repeating his filthy language no matter how bad his choices are,” Kevin replied just as patiently. “He may have given you to me, he may not have been the best father in the world, but there is no doubt in my mind that he doesn't care about your well being. He spanked you for running off on me, I’m pretty sure he would feel the exact same way if he heard the kind of words you go around saying.” Elenore reached behind her and placed her hands to her bottom defensively upon remembering how much her bottom hurt after that spanking. “The bottom line is, those words you go around saying may just be words but they aren’t nice ones. It doesn’t make you look special saying them, they don’t make you sound older, you just sound like a little girl with a naughty behavior and it makes a lot of people feel bad when they hear you say them. They aren’t nice.”


“And also,” Detective Stabler added while gently taking Elenore’s hands into his and making her look at him. “Your father hurts a lot of people with his bad choices so he is the last person you need to be looking up to.”


“My father may have made lots of bad choices, he may have hurt me lots, but he is still my father an’ he wasn’t always such a mean ol’ man, he had his moments” Elenore informed him, suddenly feeling very defensive about her father. “An’ the kind of guy he was when he had those rare moments…that’s the man I look up to, that’s the daddy I will aways remember an’ love an’ nobody is gonna takes that away from me.” Detective Stabler didn’t mistaken the feeling in Elenore’s words when she stated that no one is going to take that away from her and he raised his eyebrow, sensing a whole different meaning behind the words then she is willing to admit that there is.


“Is there something you want to talk to me about Ellie?” he asked suspiciously and Elenore crossed her arms over her chest angrily.


No I don’ts wanna talk to you, I wanna go catch bad guys.”


“A good detective doesn’t go out and catch bad guys when something is bothering them it could mess everything up.”


“Well it’s a good thing I’m an observer isn’t it?”


“There is no need for this attitude Ellie, you knock it off right now or I won’t take you with me.” Elenore looked away stubbornly.


“Tell me what’s bothering you.”


“I don’ts want to.” Detective Stabler gently cupped her cheek in his hand and made her look at him and he gazed into her eyes searchingly.


“Something has you frightened, and I want to know what it is. What about your father has you so frightened Elenore Richardson.”


“I will nots let you interrogates me Detective Stabler I said I don’ts wanna talk about it” Elenore snapped.


“Elliot we have to go now if we’re going to catch this guy” Munch suddenly announced while walking into the room. Detective Stabler scowled and gently gathered Elenore into his arms, grabbed up his gear and he followed Munch, Detective Benson, and Detective Tutuola out of the room and Kevin followed Detective Stabler and his little girl. Detective Stabler, Detective Benson, and Kevin all got into one car with Elenore and while they were hurrying off to where they were catching the bad guy at Detective Stabler tried his hardest to block his argument with Elenore out of his head until later. But he knows something is bothering her and he is not going to let it go. Its just going to be another one of his cases is all, and he will figure it out.



~*~*~*~*~*~


Meanwhile back at the Orphanage, Nick walked over to Ashley who was sitting around discussing the play with Brandon and he draped his arms around her neck from behind and placed a soft kiss on her cheek. She lay her head back against his shoulder while looking up at him and she smiled some causing him to smile too.


“AJ and I were thinking about taking Laila, Kota, and Sarah to the park. Want to come?”


“Okay,” Ashley replied. “I just need to get Bella’s diaper bag.”


“Already been done,” Nick grinned. “She’s in her stroller ready to go and everything. We’ll walk there.”


“Okay,” Ashley replied. She said her good-byes to Brandon then and then got up from her chair, allowed Nick to take her hand and intertwine their fingers together and they met up with AJ and the kids and headed off to the park.



~*~*~*~*~



“Guess what” Max told Sean over the phone as he hid in the woods across the street from the Orphanage.


“What?”


“Nick, Ashley, and AJ are all headed to the playground near you.”


“How do you know that’s where they are going?”


“Well for one they have the kids and the kids are each carrying a set of buckets and shovels and two, they’re headed in that direction.”


“Do they have security with them?”


“Just one – the black guy – Marcus I think.”


“We’ll be there in a minute.”


“Sean I don’t think that’s such a good idea. This security guard doesn’t leave Ashley’s side – not since you shot her.”


“I’m going. Is my daughter with them?”


“No, Kevin took her somewhere.”


“Good then she won’t sense I’m there and blow my cover. See you in a couple of minutes,” Sean replied and before Max could argue anymore he hung up.



~*~*~*~*~



“Are you out of your mind?” Trevor wanted to know while hanging up the other phone and looking at his lover across the room incredulously.


“This could be our chance Trev.”


“I thought we agreed Max was going to grab her?”


“Yeah, but I want to be there myself when it happens.”


“Do the words lethal security guard mean anything to you?”


“We’ll be fine it’s just one security guard…we’re lucky there is only one with her – that doesn’t happen as often. How many chances are we going to get where she isn’t surrounded?”


“Let me tell you something about this one security guard Sean,” Trevor began while crossing the room to his lover and taking his arms into his hands and making him look at him. “He one time carried five Backstreet Boys through a mob of screaming fans – by himself. A fan attacked AJ one time and he got between them and shoved his hand in her face and held her down, and this one security guard is feared by a lot of the fans because he is so big and he means business. This one security guard also happens to love Ashley and is willing to walk through fire for her if he has to.”


“We’ll be fine Trev. I have a good feeling about this.”


“This is suicidal” Trevor insisted as he watched Sean hide guns in various places of his body.


“Well maybe we should do something a little dangerous or once” Sean replied. “To prove we aren’t hiding out.”


“You don’t have to prove anything baby.”


“I’m going. You can stay here if you would like, but I’m going.” Trevor sighed.


“Like I am letting you go alone, are you kidding me?” he asked while arming himself with his own set of guns. He put two in his back pockets and one in an ankle strap.


“I wont be alone, I’ll have Max there” Sean shrugged.


“Yeah but I don’t trust anybody with my treasure but myself.”


“Yet you’ll leave him here to baby sit me while you go out?”


“In the safety of this house.”


“Lots of stuff can happen in the so-called safety of this house. He almost watched me commit suicide the last time he baby sat if you remember.”


“He didn’t watch you commit suicide, he stopped you.” Sean scowled.


“Well…what if he lost his temper with me, got tired of following my orders and tried to shoot in me in this so called safe house hmm? Then what would you do?”


“I’m pretty sure you won’t have a hard time killing the son of the bitch if that were to happen and also this safe house is your safe house. You know it better then he does. You know where we hide our weapons.” Sean crossed his arms over his chest.


“Face it Sean, I work hard to keep my possessions safe. I wouldn’t leave you alone if I didn’t know it were safe. Also, Max is scared shitless of you so the last thing he would do is try to kill you.” Sean opened his mouth to argue but Trevor reached his finger out and placed it to his lips to silence him.


“Nothing you say is going to change my mind about leaving every night so give it up baby. Now are we going to go attempt suicide or did you change your mind? Cause I really wouldn’t mind if you had.”


“If you aren’t going to change your mind about leaving me with that dickwad every night then I’m not changing my mind either,” Sean insisted stubbornly and he grabbed Trevor by the arm and yanked him out of the house.



~*~*~*~*~


"Okay, so the plain is, you two go inside and make like you're having a father/daughter day, but you'll really be keeping an eye on the suspect," Elliot explained, as he doubled-checked Ellie's bullet proof vest. "Eventually, we'll come in and arrest the guy, alright?"


"Okay!" Ellie chirped, too excited to stay mad at Elliot for long. "I can do that - so long as I gets a donut. All cops gets donuts." Kevin chuckled.


"Yes, you'll be getting a donut Princess. It's part of our undercover detective work." Ellie beamed as her and Kevin got out of the car secretly, and headed on inside the coffee shop for some donuts. The two of them went on up to the counter after standing in line, Ellie looking around curiously at their surroundings like a good little detective should.


"What donut would you like, Ellie?" Kevin asked her, after having had given his order.


"Chocolate dip," Ellie answered, then added, "Please." Kevin smiled. She was remembering her manners, which was good.


"Want anything to drink?"


"No, just a donut please, Kevy." Kevin nodded and gave her order to the lady behind the counter. Soon enough they had their purchases and were headed for a booth where they'd be able to see everything that was going to go down.


"I sees him!" Ellie whispered to Kevin, once they'd taken their seats. "He works for my Daddy...."


"Shh," Kevin reminded her gently. "Don't blow our cover, Little One." Ellie smiled at him innocently, then spoke loudy.


"Yes, Nicky should've comes with us. He'd have likes some donuts too." Kevin chuckled.


"He'd have probably gotten more than just one though."


"We gots two, Kevy," Ellie reminded him, pointing to his donut as she held up hers. "See?"


"Ah, you're getting better at counting, I see," Kevin smiled. Ellie nodded.


"Uh-uh. Uncle Jerry's been helping me." It was while they were talking, that the suspect they were 'secretly' watching started to get up after fidgeting in his seat for a few minutes." Kevy, he's leavin'," Ellie whispered again, slitting her eyes sideways as to watch him without him knowing.


"I'm sure they'll see him," Kevin replied quietly. "Don't you worry none."


"Buts if he leaves, how am I gonna sees it all happen?" Ellie wanted to know.


"You'll see it, don't worry," Kevin assured her. "Elliot promised, and he's not one to break promises."


"He's runnin'!" Ellie squealed, quickly hopping out of her seat and taking off after the bad man.


"ELLIE!" Kevin exclaimed loudly, jumping to his feet as well, in order to try and catch his little girl before she got in over her head. Ellie paid Kevin no mind, as she hurried on outside after the guy they were supposed to be keeping an eye on. She didn't know where Elliot and Olivia were at, at the moment, as they'd had to get into position once dropping her and Kevin off. Ellie weaved through the crowd on the street easily, as in her mind she was ninja, and ninja were good at this kind of stuff. She had managed to learn quite a bit about stealth and being quick and all that, just from watching Ninja Turtles. She saw that the man was about to cross the street, and decided she had best take action before he escaped her.


"HEY YOU!" She yelled out, causing a few people, including the baddie to look her way. "YEAH, YOU!" She pointed at the man. "YOU WORKED FOR MY DADDY!" The man's eyes went wide, as he realized she did indeed recognize him. Foolish child had followed him and everything, alone so it seemed - but for all he knew, she'd people watching her in secret. Casting a nervous glance around him, he began to run.


"Oh, I hates when they run!" Ellie complained, hurrying after him, shouting once more. "FREEZE!!!! MINI POLICE!!!!!" She pulled out her orange water gun that she'd snuck out with her, despite Kevin's orders to leave it at home, and began to run with it like a real detective would. "YOU GITS BACKS HERE, RIGHTS NOW MISTER!" She shouted after him. "I'M GOING TO ARRESTS YOU AN' THAT'S FINAL!" She ran after him until they reached the curb, then paused, a scowl forming on her face. "OH, NO FAIR YOU BIG OLE MEANIE!!!!! HOW CAN I ARRESTS YOU IFS I CAN'TS CROSS THE STREET!!?!?!?!" No sooner had she paused, than did Elliot and Olivia go running past her. Her eyes widened in surprise, as she watched them go by. "YOU GETS HIM ELLIOT!!!!! HE'S A BAD MAN!!!!!!" Kevin caught up to her moments later, grabbing her hand and leading her across the street quickly so she wouldn't miss anything - he'd give her a talking to later, once they were back at the station. Soon as her feet hit the other curb, Ellie was off running again, after prying her hand from Kevin's grasp. "NOW I'M GONNA ARRESTS YOU!!!! HA!!! YOU THOUGHTS YOU HADS ME STUCK!!!!!" Pedestrians were looking their way, as it wasn't every day you saw cops chasing a criminal with a little girl running after them, shouting encouragement and such.


"Gotcha!" Elliot exclaimed, grabbing the guy and yanking him back before he could cross another street. Ellie caught up quickly, with Kevin right behind her.


"You gots him Elliot!" She cheered, pumping her one fist into the air and doing a half twirl. "Yes!"


"C'mere Ellie, you can watch," Elliot told her, knowing Olivia had her gun pointed at the guy, should he try anything funny. Though, it really wouldn't be all that funny. Ellie scampered over to Elliot, ducking behind him and peering through his legs, making sure to keep her distance. "You are under arrest," Elliot began. "Anything you say, can and will be used against you in the court of law. You've the right to a lawyer, and if you'd can't produce one, the law will provide one for you...."


"Haha! Sucker!" Ellie taunted, her water gun still in her hands. "You thoughts you were gonna gets away, buts you were wrong! You were dumb 'nough to thinks I didn'ts have back-up. Well, guess what? All good detectives gots back-up!" Olivia holstered her gun once Elliot had cuffed the guy, and she turned him around to face Elliot and Ellie. "Pretty sad when a little girl manages to keep up with you, isn't it?"


"You shut yer trap, you little Brat!" The man growled, as Ellie continued to taunt him. "You don't and you'll live to regret it!"


"Oh, is that so?" Ellie asked, raising her eyebrows as well as her gun. "Takes that!" She then aimed her gun for the guy's crotch and squirted, so it'd look like he'd peed himself. "Haha! Looks like you wents potty in yer pants!"


"Is that a threat?" Elliot demanded, his eyes narrowing dangerously.


"No, that's a promise," the man answered, glaring at the annoying child.


"Well, here's my promise to you," Elliot told him, his eyes still narrowed. "You come near her, and I’ll hunt you down like the dog you are and make sure you're locked up for many, many years to come."



~*~*~*~*~


Meanwhile at the playground, while Dakota, Sarah, and Laila were all being pushed on the swings by Nick and AJ, Ashley sat under the tree on a blanket with Bella lying comfortably next to her and she is playing with her and talking to her animatedly. Marcus stood right behind her leaning against the tree watching her carefully. After sitting with the baby for awhile though, she realized she had to go to the bathroom.


“Marcus can you do me a favor?”


“Anything sweetheart.”


“Watch the baby for me please, I have to go use the restroom.”


“Honey I don-“


“Marcus I love you but you could at least let me pee by myself…” Marcus sighed.


“Okay, go” He told her gently. Ashley got up and she walked off to the bathroom. Marcus watched her until she got inside and then he gently lifted Bella up and went on over and stood outside the door. Nick who had seen Ashley go into the bathroom and then Marcus follow told AJ he would be right back and crossed the playground to the restrooms and he cocked his head to the side.


“Would they really go into a women’s bathroom to get her Marcus?”


“You can never be too careful.”


“Well, here, let me have the baby. You can’t very well save her with an infant in your arms” Nick replied while gently taking Bella from him. He held her close to his chest and placed a soft kiss on her forehead and Bella smiled up at him, causing Nick to smile back.


“Hi,” He told her playfully before breaking out into the baby talk. Suddenly they heard AJ’s cell phone ring. They turned and looked at him and watched him pull the phone from his pocket and answer it.


“Push, J! Push!” Laila pleaded when he had suddenly stopped.


“Sarah sweetheart, do me a favor and push Laila for me okay? I’ll be right back,” AJ instructed.


“Kay,” Sarah replied and she went up behind Laila and dutifully began to push her on the swings and AJ walked a few feet away to talk – Nick and Marcus knowing right off by the look on his face that it’s Brooke. Nick glanced around the playground for Dakota and saw her sitting in the sandbox playing by herself contently. Seeing that his baby is fine, he looked at Marcus.


“So what time are we leaving for New York tomorrow?” Marcus asked curiously.


“Before the sun is even up. Thankfully Denise got us our own private airplane.”


“That’s definitely a good thing. Public airplanes and Josh and Ellie do not mix.”


“No they do not,” Nick agreed. The two of them stood there in comfortable silence for a couple of minutes until suddenly they heard a shrill scream from behind them.


“DADDY HELP!!! DADDY!!!!” Nick and Marcus whipped their heads around just on time to see a strange man grab Dakota up and start running for the woods and AJ had dropped his phone and was already running after him.


“DAKOTA!!!!!” Nick wailed, his heart suddenly breaking upon seeing his little girl being carried away and he started to run after her but Marcus reached his hand out and placed it gently against his chest to stop him.


“No you stay here with Ashley!” he ordered. “This could be a diversion!” and with that he was running after the strange man who has Dakota. He watched in panic as Marcus and AJ disappeared in the woods and then remembered Sarah and Laila. He looked around the playground feeling a new kind of panic then and suddenly saw Sarah crawl into a tunnel holding a sobbing Laila. He also noticed that she has AJ’s cell phone. Good Job baby get help he thought gratefully. Just then Ashley’s shrill screams could be heard in the bathroom.


“SHIT! ASHLEY!” he shouted, instantly causing Bella to cry. He looked down at her momentarily not knowing what to do. He can’t go in there and fight with a baby in his arms. But every moment wasted his girlfriend was being tortured in the bathroom. Making a quick decision he gently lay Bella on the ground back behind some bushes telling her and himself that she’ll be okay and he’ll be right back before bursting into the girls bathroom. When he got in there he found a woman standing behind Ashley with one arm around her waist and a gun pointed to her head.


“Take another step and I will shoot her in the head,” the woman warned. Nick paused.


“Nicky go get Dakota! Don’t worry about me, go get Dakota, they have her!” Ashley demanded while sobbing.


“Marcus and AJ are getting her she’ll be okay” Nick promised. “Let her go!” He ordered while glaring at the woman he doesn’t know, nor has he ever seen before.


“Or what?” The woman asked. “Huh? What are you going to do about it?” she then pressed the gun lightly against Ashley’s forehead causing her to whimper.


“You won’t shoot her,” Nick insisted.


“And why wouldn’t I?”


“Because Sean would kill you. She’s not yours to kill.”


“He ordered me to if I really had to.”


“You are lying.”


“Am I?” the woman asked, and she placed her finger on the trigger causing Nick to stiffen. “You’re not so sure are you? Why don’t you just be a good boy and step out of the way and your precious girlfriend won’t get hurt?” Nick didn’t reply he only looked at Ashley. They made brief eye contact and then with one swift movement she lifted her foot, kicked the woman in the shin and the woman cried out in pain and let go. Ashley ducked then just on time for her to push the trigger and the gun went off and the bullet bounced off of the bathroom door and went right back and hit the lady point blank in the forehead. The woman’s eyes widened in shock and Ashley dove into Nick’s awaiting arms just as her attacker crumbled to the floor. Ashley threw her arms about Nick’s neck and buried her face in his shoulder as he was in the crouching position and she sobbed as he collapsed backward onto the floor and he rubbed his hand over her back placing frantic kisses on the top of her head.


“It’s okay…you are safe, I’ve got you…you are okay.” He whispered soothing words to her just as Detectives Tutuola, Munch, and AJ rushed in.


“Holy shit what happened in here?” Detective Tutuola wanted to know.


“That woman attacked Ashley,” Nick informed, pointing an accusing finger at the now dead woman as he held Ashley close to him protectively. “But people strongly underestimate us and our relationship. That’s for sure.”


“Are you okay??” AJ demanded while dropping to their side.


“We will be in a minute. Where is Bella?? Did someone get Bella? I had no choice but to put her behind a bush.”


“Sarah snuck out and got her when you rushed in here and she took her back to the tunnel where she hid and kept her and Laila safe the whole time. She told Brooke what is going on and Brooke called the detectives. Apparently they were out already so it didn’t take them too long to get here. Dakota is fine also by the way – she was just a diversion, whoever had her let her go and took off before we even got to her.” Nick gently cradled Ashley’s face in his hands and made it so they were eye level and he placed delicate kisses on various parts of her face.


“I love you,” He reminded her.


“I love you too Nicky…I love you so much” Ashley sniffled and she once again slid her arms around him and buried her face in his neck as he hugged her tightly to him. She nestled into his chest never wanting to leave the safety of his arms again and AJ wrapped his arms around his sister as well and kissed the back of her head.


“Marcus is going to the bathroom with you from now on, you hear me?” he whispered to her, and Ashley didn’t argue with her brother this time. Damn straight Marcus is going to the bathroom with her from now on. They’re going to be pee buddies, shopping buddies, and sitting in the park buddies, and whatever else she needs to do. But this cannot happen again. She will never complain about needing privacy ever again. That’s or damned sure.