- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's the next chapter.
Enjoy =)
Chapter Three-Hundred-Fifty-Four



When Nick, Ashley, Sarah, Bella, Marcus, and Laney arrived at the Orphanage they went just inside the front door where they were stopped by the new security system. Ashley raised her eyebrow and looked up at Marcus curiously.


“It looks like you are turning this place into an airport.”


“Anything to keep you safe my dear,” Q told her while chuckling slightly and he reached out and gently grabbed her hand and pulled her and Bella right on through. He looked at Nick about to tell him he can go on through too when Nick shook his head.


“No way dude, I’m going through the security system and so is Sarah.”


“But we know you aren’t a threat,” Ashley pointed out.


“You can’t think like that. I don’t care who walks through this door and I don’t care how close you are to that person. Everybody is going through the security system, even the kids. Sean could decide to use ANYBODY, even with or without their knowledge.”


“How did you guys manage to get this cool new security system?” Ashley wanted to know as she watched Nick and Sarah empty their pockets, take off their shoes, and walk through the metal detector.


“Denise and Marcus talked to Detective Stabler about it and Detective Stabler pulled some strings” Drew answered.


“What about the parents looking to adopt? Won’t this effect Brooke’s work?”


“Well, if they aren’t a threat then they don’t have anything to worry about it. In my opinion it’s just helping Brooke with her background check. Remember when Sean got in here under disguise and tried to get Ellie back? ‘Doctor Adams’? Caregivers gone bad? We don’t want any of that happening again. If they’re fit to be parents at all they will understand we’re just trying to keep our children safe.”


“And unfortunately all of those bad things that went wrong under our nose ended up on the news so unless they live under a rock nobody will be questioning our new security techniques” Marcus added. When Nick and Sarah were finally through, Ashley kissed Bella’s forehead softly and handed her over to Nick before looking at Q.


“Do you know where Holly is at by any chance?” Drew turned and looked at the little TV screen that he had just finished setting up on a table that showed a view of every single place that there is a camera at.


“Playground.”


“Thanks,” Ashley replied and she turned and set off to find her with Sarah and Marcus at her heels. Nick cuddled Bella close to him as he set off toward the stairs wanting to check on the progress of his room – soon to be apartment.



~*~*~*~*~



“What are you doing?” Sean wanted to know when he walked into the darkroom and found his lover standing before him with his back turned and he was busying himself away with his picture project.


“None of your business,” Trevor insisted, not even looking at him.


“You aren’t still pissed off at me are you?” Sean asked in exasperation.


“You are damn right I am. And if you think you’re going to come in here acting all cute with me to try and get me in bed you can just forget about it.” Sean rolled his eyes and walked up behind him and he slid his arms around his waist, rested his chin on his shoulder and looked down to see what Trevor was working on. Trevor rolled his eyes but didn’t even bother to hide what he was doing. When Sean caught sight of the photo of him giving Elenore an underdog on the swing – Elenore up in the air being the happiest he’s ever seen her and Sean running underneath her. He has his arms spread out wide and the biggest grin on his face that he has ever had…since, well, the last time he gave an underdog.


“Recognize the man in this photo?” Trevor questioned when Sean didn’t say anything. “It’s you. I bet you didn’t know you could smile like that.” Sean continued to say nothing. He rested his head against Trevor’s back and stood there behind him, completely content on leaning on him and ignoring the fact that he still has a hard on – with great difficulty. He knows he’s going to have to earn relief somehow which is pretty insane. Normally if he wanted something he would just take it but with Trevor things are MUCH different. Both his Dr. Jeykll and Mr. Hyde personalities know that Trevor can do or say anything he wants to them and there is nothing they can do about it. Both of their worlds revolve around Trevor and though it drives Mr. Hyde out of his mind, he is slowly learning to get used to it. If it weren’t for the strong love that his Dr. Jekyll personality has for Trevor, he probably would’ve been shot a long time ago. He certainly doesn’t put up with anybody else ordering him around and refusing to let him do as he pleases. Anybody else would be gone faster then they could blink. Sean stood there quietly for another ten minutes until suddenly Trevor hung the photo on the line with some clips to dry. Sean looked up at it, resting his chin against Trevor’s shoulder once again.


“I’m going to make a copy of this, somehow give Ellie one, and then frame the other and hang it up in your office where you will be reminded every day of the man I know you are” Trevor informed.


“That is not going up in my office.”


“Like hell it is.” Sean opened his mouth to argue, closed it, opened it again, and then growled reminding himself that its no use. “They are all going in your office,” Trevor added feeling quite satisfied with himself.


All? How many photos did you take without me knowing?”


“Almost half a roll.” Sean remained silent as he gazed up at the photo of his daughter and quietly remembered the last day he spent with her.


“She’ll love to have that picture,” he murmured softly. Trevor grinned a little at the lightness of his tone and he gently brought Sean around in front of him so his back was against the counter and he slid his arms around him. “But of course, bringing it to her would make you a hypocrite you do realize that right?”


“I’m not taking it directly to her,” Trevor insisted. “I wont risk going to the Orphanage I’m not stupid.”


“Oh yeah? Then what exactly is your plan on getting it to her?” Sean wanted to know, arching his eyebrow in curiosity.


“I’m going to put the photo in an envelope a long with a note and I am going to put it behind the Detective’s windshield wipers.”


“Riiight so you yell at me for sneaking around the Orphanage…yet you are going to go sneaking around the police station?”


“They won’t be expecting me there,” Trevor insisted. “And they don’t have cameras all over the place either. Plus, I’m going to put a disguise on, I’m not gonna go out in the open and not hide my identity like some morons I know.” Sean scowled but otherwise didn’t bother defending himself. “And you aren’t going with me.” That did it. Sean opened is mouth to argue but Trevor foreseeing it, quickly grabbed his chin and crushed his lips with his own for a forceful kiss. Sean stiffened in his arms in surprise for a short moment, before loosening up and allowing Trevor to press his back up against the counter as this was what he wanted all along.


“I’ll let you think you’re keeping me here all you want,” He managed to get out between kisses. “But…its not…going to happen.” Trevor took the hem to Sean’s shirt and pulled it up his body only ending their kisses to pull it over his head. “Wanna bet?” he challenged, before nipping at his neck seductively and he let his hand purposely slip over his hard on. Sean tilted his head back and moaned.


“Not…fuck-ing…fair….”



~*~*~*~*~



“Daddy,” Elenore spoke up shortly after they’ve ordered their food and they were all just sitting there, Kevin trying to conduct a conversation amongst them all.


“Yeah princess?” Kevin smiled.


“May I have some of that apple pie?” she asked, indicating toward the dessert table and she gave him the sweetest smile that she could muster. “Or a brownie?”


“After lunch,” Kevin told her warily. Elenore opened her mouth to argue when Dakota gently squeezed her hand under the table. Elenore looked at her curiously and she gave her a look that only she understands. The look that Dakota gets when she is up to something. Elenore looked to Kevin again who was eyeing the girls curiously.


“Okay daddy, after lunch then.” Kevin raised his eyebrow in suspicion.


“You aren’t even going to put up a fight with me?”


“Anthony an’ I have been working on minding grownups when they tells us something,” Elenore told him, and it wasn’t a complete lie. That was the last thing they talked about during her last visit. Just as Ellie knew it would, a grin formed across his lips at the mention of Anthony, just as it always does. She’s noticed that her daddy has become highly fond of the man.


“That Anthony is so great. He is so amazing with you. I am happy that Detective Stabler recommended him.”


“I like him lots daddy,” Elenore smiled.


“I bets you do,” Dakota joked noticing just exactly how much her face glowed when she said she liked him. The only time she’s ever seen Elenore glow like that is when she talks about Spencer – or even when her and Ryan are going at it. They could be having the most awful argument ever and still Elenore smiles the whole time.


“You haves to meet him Kota! You would likes him too. He is so much fun an’ he’s not like all of the other grownups – he’s like Ashee. You can talks to him about ANYTHING an’ he doesn’t judge you. He won’t even tells daddy if you talks to him in confidence, so long as its not dangerous.”


“I would likes to,” Dakota replied, suddenly feeling jealous at how much Elenore loves this man. He sounds really cool. She wants to know him too.


“Maybe you should talk to Anthony about bringing your friend a long,” Kevin grinned, silently thinking that it wouldn’t hurt for Dakota to talk to him as well. She’s not as damaged as Ellie was/still is after being with Sean for so long, but she’s had her fair share of problems. With being raped and the whole situation with Ashley. He knows Ashley works very hard at making sure she’s okay and she has something special with Ashley, but it still wouldn’t hurt. And well, quite frankly, Ashley could probably use him herself. If she is ever going to get a career in helping abused children recover then she needs to fix herself first – and maybe Anthony the therapist could guide her in the right direction of that path too. But knowing her she will never go see him willingly for herself.


“Infact, ask if two friends can join you in a session. Dakota might want Ashley to accompany her since she doesn’t know Anthony.” That will probably be the only way he’ll see her anyway, since he specializes in children. She’ll be eighteen by the time Elenore and Josh go for their next visit.


“Okay,” Elenore replied happily. “That will make Josh feels more comfortable if Kota is there.”


“Is Josh still not trusting him?” Kevin asked curiously, as it was Jerald and Brian who had taken them to their last couple of visits.


“He’s starting to a little since he lets us dress up as Batman an’ Batgirl an’ we played Batman during our last visit,” Elenore answered while smiling at the memory.


“Ooh, I see” Kevin replied and he reached over and gently grabbed Summer’s hand and delicately caressed it with his finger. She looked at him in return and gave him a small smile.


“You’re quiet today honey. Are you all right?”

“Yeah Summer, are you okays?” Elenore asked in her fake sugary sweet tone. Kevin smiled at her proudly, seeing her as being sweet instantly.


“Oh yeah I’m okay,” Summer answered, smiling sweetly at Elenore who returned that smile, easily putting on the charm. She doesn’t want Kevin to suspect a thing. She doesn’t want him to have any reason to blame her when Dakota goes through whatever plan she’s thought of. Kevin couldn’t hold in his excitement anymore, letting a low laugh out. He was so happy that Ellie was trying to accept Summer for his sake. He knew Ellie could be stubborn but she seemed to finally show a bit of selflessness.


“Summer, would you like to go out tonight? I’m sure I can get Nick and Ashley to watch Ellie.” Ellie scowled to Dakota but quickly turned back to Kevin and Summer with a smile.


“Can I sleepover with Kota?”


“I still have to ask Nick, but I’m sure it’ll be okay.” Kevin placed a kiss on Ellie’s forehead before smiling expectedly at Summer. “Dinner and dancing?” Summer nodded her head, a grin spreading across her lips. She would get Kevin all the herself all night, and maybe she could have a sleepover with him, too. Summer leaned in to Kevin’s ear and whispered.


“Can I sleepover with you too, Kevin?” Grinning a silly smile, Kevin nodded his head before looking up to see the waitress come back over with refills. Ellie was passed hers last and she reached forward, wanting to take it from the waitress.


“Ellie sweetie, be caref--” Ellie’s hands slipped from the bottom of the glass, sending the glass of chocolate milk flying towards Summer, who’s face only spoke of shock and horror. “ELLIE--”


“AHHH!” Summer’s shrieks were heard throughout the restaurant as people turned to look and watch the chaotic situation. “Oh no, Summer! I’m sorry!” Dakota had ran for napkins and returned with two handfuls.


“I’ll help!” Summer grabbed napkins out of her hand and started dabbing her blouse as tears streamed down her face. Soon they were out of napkins, leaving Dakota to go for another run. But she wasn’t watching as she started running back towards the counter. She slammed into a waiter that carried an entire tray of desserts, causing the man to lose his balance and to drop the tray.


“AHHH!” Four different desserts dripped from Summer’s hair and lay in her lap.


“Summer, oh my--”


“SHUT UP KEVIN!”


“Summer I’m really sorry, they were both accidents.” Summer wiped apple filling from the tip of her nose and flung it onto the ground.


“Take me home, now.”


“Summ--”


“NOW Kevin, please.” Ellie and Dakota watched with false innocent expressions as they both followed behind Kevin and Summer who dropped whipped cream, apples, and chocolate milk as she walked. Summer stalked out of the door while Kevin paid the bill for the uneaten food.


“Girls, I’m not mad at you.” Kevin bent down to both their levels. “I know they were accidents. Summer will realize that, she just seems mad.”


“Uncle Kevy… I’m still hungry.” Dakota pouted slightly.


“How about we stop for some fast food after I drop Summer off?”


“Mc Donalds?” both girls asked hopefully and despite the circumstances Kevin chuckled.


“Yes, Mc Donalds.”


“Yay!” When the bill was paid Kevin headed out the door with the girls at his heals. Elenore swung her arm around Dakota’s shoulders as they walked.


“For a big old accident, that was the best catastrophe I’ve ever helped create,” she whispered in Dakota’s ear and Dakota giggled.


“What does catastrophe mean? That’s a big word…”


“Daddy used to says it all the time – I ‘spose it means trouble.” Elenore rested her head against Dakota’s shoulder and Dakota rested hers against Elenore’s head.


“Thanks for inviting me Ellie, I misses you,” She informed quietly.


“I miss you too,” Elenore insisted, and that was the downright truth. She’s glad Dakota has a sister and loves her so much, but Elenore wishes she didn’t have to be left out. When they finally made it to the car where Summer was already seated in the front Kevin opened the back door and loaded each kid into their car seats. He buckled them up and shut the door before going around and getting in the drivers seat and he headed off for what he has a feeling is going to be a very silent ride.