- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here's the next chapter.
Enjoy =)
Chapter Ninety


"Well, anyway, I'm going to go see if I can go find my girlfriend. I miss her terribly," Brian announced dramatically as he pulled away from the hug he was sharing with Ashley, causing her to giggle a little.


"Try not to do anything that Brooke would end up killing you for," Nick warned, and Brian rolled his eyes.


"Shut up Nick."


"Hey...it was just a friendly warning," Nick replied defensively, and he shrugged his shoulders. Brian rolled his eyes again as he walked out of the playroom. Ashley smirked and looked up at him, causing him to look down at her curiously.


"You mean the stuff you and I do behind closed doors?" She asked him quietly, causing him to grin mischievously, as he pulled her on top of him so she lay next to Dakota on top of his chest and he leaned down and brushed his lips lightly over hers as he slid his arms around her waist.


"Exactly. You know, you and I haven't had our shower yet today," He whispered softly in her ear, and Ashley shivered as he gave her the chills.


"Your right we haven't. You smell too...we should take care of that right away."


"Heeey," Nick whined, and Ashley giggled. Nick gently lay Dakota in the other bean bag, being careful not to wake her up and he playfully flipped Ashley over so he's ontop and Ashley shrieked loudly, before erupting in fits of giggles. Nick chuckled.


"Shhh!" He told her, and he captured her lips with his in a passionate kiss to quiet her down. Ashley wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him back. After a few seconds he got up crading her in his arms not breaking their kiss once and he carried her out of the playroom. Howie shook his head smiling and he looked at Kevin who was eyeing the door Nick had gone out of.


"He better behave himself up there..."


"He will Kev, he knows better don't worry." Howie reassured.


"Yeah don't worry Kev. I already threatened him pretty good last night. I told him Id beat him if he went too far with my little sister." Kori added.


"I think he knows that we would all beat him up," Kevin replied.


~*~*~*~


Meanwhile, out in the lobby, when Brian walked out there he discovered Riley entering the lobby too from the other side. Brian's whole face lit up at the sight of her and he walked over to her, before wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her near.


"Here's my Riley...where have you been all morning?" He asked her, as he rested his forehead against hers.


"I've been very busy. I can see why Brooke insists she's busy all the time...because she really is, she's not just saying it. I've been all over this Orphanage checking on people, helping kids from left and right, i've finished up the paperwork that she stayed up all night doing, and according to Detective Stabler, we should be getting two new children today on top of all that."


"How does Detective Stabler know that?"


"Well because he's going to be bringing them here. There is a little boy who is nine years old, and a little girl who is two years old. Their father died of a heart attack when the little girl was just an infant and their mother has been put in a special hospital for awhile...she went crazy and tried to kill herself."


"And there was no other family for those poor children to stay with?"


"Detective Stabler made phone calls all morning. No other family member would take them. It turns out that their mother had been cut off from her family. They didnt like her husband. They gave her a choice...it was them or him. She chose him."


"So when will they be getting here?"


"In about an hour. I just finished telling Brooke. She thinks she should get out of bed and be the one to welcome them but I told her no. AJ is in there making sure she doesn't get up."


"Do you have some time to spare? You have a very needy employee to tend to right now Boss Riley," Brian asked, while smirking a little and he pulled her closer to him before leaning down so their lips were just an inch apart.


"Is that so?" She asked, smiling up at him, and he captured her lips with his in a firey kiss. Riley whimpered and pushed herself more into him.


"You've got one hour, Littrell." She told him, and just as she was about to push him back toward her office, someone cleared their throat to get their attention. Riley turned and saw Doctor Johnson standing there with Scott at his side. Riley raised her eyebrow.


"What?"


"I'm sorry to interrupt but -"


"-You better be," Riley teased, giving Doctor Johnson her 'scary boss' look. Doctor Johnson gulped.


"-But Scott is here to see Kori...and since you two are the one's who usually know where she is..."


"The playroom. Make sure Nick, Howie, or Kevin are with her before you leave," Riley answered, then she continued to push Brian back to her office. Doctor Johnson shook his head smiling and he began to lead Scott to the playroom. When they got there they walked in to find Kori and Wiley sitting with Howie and Kevin. Wiley is holding Spencer and Elenore in his lap and they're playing with Elenore's Ninja Turtle action figures. Wiley has them both laughing and having a good time. Josh is sitting on the floor between the grownups with Sarah and Chris and they're all playing with cars. They all looked up as the door opened though, and paused what they were doing.


"Scott!" Kori exclaimed suddenly, and she stood up. "What are you doing here?" She asked, making a quick nervous glance over at Wiley and Spencer, then she went over to him.


"Scott, you came back!" Spencer greeted him cheerfully, and he climbed down from Wiley's lap and hurried over to him, and he tackled his legs. Scott laughed and crouched down to his level, before pulling him into a hug.


"Of course I came back. I had such a good time playing with you the other day, I thought we could do it again today." Spencer grinned.


"Okay! Lets go outside to the playground an' plays soccor!"


"In a minute honey, let me just talk to him first okay?" Kori spoke up.


"Kay," Spencer agreed.


"Go see Wiley for a minute alright?" Spencer nodded and ran back over to Wiley to play Ninja Turtles some more, and Kori looked at Scott.


"You could've called first, you know." She told him, quickly going from a loving mother to angry ex mode.


"And what...give you a chance to hide your boyfriend from me?" Scott asked, indicating toward Wiley who was watching protectively as he played with Spencer and Elenore.


"No, because it's just the polite thing to do. You can't just drop in on us like this Scott."


"Spencer is my son. I think I have the right to come see him anytime I want." Scott replied quietly, so Spencer wouldn't over hear.


"Fine, then you can at least give me a call and let me know you're coming."

"Again...I can't help but wonder why, Kor. Are you afraid of me meeting your boyfriend?"


"He's not my boyfriend, he's just my friend."

"Then why are you afraid of me meeting him?"


"Because you're an asshole, that's why."


"If he is going to be spending time with our son, then I think I should be able to meet him."


"Maybe if you had parental rights...sure. But you don't. Therefore, I don't have to let you."


"I could always go and get parental rights, Kori. You know, I could always go and make it so that I have just as much rights as you."


"But you left. You said you didnt want to be a father back then! What makes you think that you can march back into his life like this years later and say you've changed your mind?"


"Because I really have changed my mind, Kori! I made a mistake back then and I'm sorry that I have! I want to be his father, I do!"


"Will you shut up?" Kori hissed. "He's going to hear you!"


"Would that really be so bad if he knew?"


"Yes it would! It would scare and confuse him. If you really love him like you say you do, you won't do this to him! I told you I would let you back in his life...but it had to be on my own rules. I don't want him to be hurt, Scott!"


"Then let me meet Wiley...and I won't force you to give me parental rights."


"Why is it so important that you meet him?"


"Because he's apart of my son's life...and he seems to really care about him. I want to know everybody that is in his life." Kori glared at him for a couple of moments, then she grabbed his arm and pulled him over to Wiley, Kevin, Howie, and the kids.


"Wiley...I would like you to meet Scott...Scott, Wiley." Spencer grinned widely.


"He's Momma's friend, Wiley! He's so fun!" Wiley smiled at the little boy warmly, as he ruffled his hair, then he looked back at Scott.


"It's nice to meet you, Scott." He replied with a polite grin.


"Nice to finally meet you too. Spencer has told me so much about you."


"Are we gonna goes to play soccor now, Scott??" Spencer asked anxiously.


"Sure buddy. Do you have a soccor ball?"


"Its already outside. Momma can we goes to play soccor out on the playground? Pleeease?"


"Sure Spence. Why don't we all go? It's nice out today." Kori suggested, looking around at her friends for support.


"Oh yeah, I heard that too." Kevin replied, standing up and scooping Elenore into his arms, and Howie followed his lead.


"Ellie an' Kota can plays withs us too! Right Scott?"


"If they want to," Scott approved.


"Kota is asleep buddy. But I bet she'll play when she wakes up," Howie replied, and he went over and scooped the sleeping child up into his arms so he is cradling her. He knows Nick would murder them if they left her in the playroom.


"Chris an' Josh then," Spencer replied, as he grabbed hold of Scott's hand and drug him out of the playroom. Kori followed protectively, and so did Wiley, Kevin, Howie, and the kids.


~*~*~*~


Meanwhile, in Riley's office, they spent only an hour making love like Riley had said, then they got dressed and walked out into the lobby just on time to see Detectives Stabler and Benson walk in. Detective Benson holding a little girl, and the little boy is walking next to Detective Stabler. Riley put on a friendly face and walked up to them.


"Hey Elliot, Hey Liv," She greeted.


"Hey," the two detectives replied in unision, and Riley turned her attention on the children.


"And you two must be Laila and Ryan!" She said, smiling at the two. The little girl has short blonde curly hair and blue eyes, and she's wearing a white and blue tanktop, and blue denim shorts. The boy standing next to Detective Stabler has brown hair and blue eyes, and he doesn't look too happy to be at Ramsey. He has his arms crossed over his chest, and keeping his distance from Detective Stabler. Laila clung tightly to Detective Benson, though she looked around at her surroundings and at Riley curiously.


"Olivia why don't you take them to the playroom and introduce them to Elenore, Dakota, Josh, and Spencer, while Elliot and I go into Brooke's office and get their papers filled out and stuff."


"Okay, sounds good." Olivia replied, and she looked over at Ryan.


"Come on Ry, lets go." She told him, and she carried Laila off to the playroom with a sulky little boy trailing behind her.


"This way Elliot," Riley announced, and she began to lead him to Brooke's office. Brian followed Detective Benson to the playroom.