- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry if this chapter is a bit short. Hope you are still reading and enjoy the update
Chapter 18

Brian came to visit a few days after Nick had come home from the hospital....he normally went to visit Amanda to see how she was and help out if she needed it.

"How is everything, I bet you're glad Nick's home now....it makes things a lot easier, I'm sure." Brian said after they embraced. To his surprise , she didn't look happy at all...she had papers scattered all over the kitchen table and looked stressed. Her hair hung loose around her face and she looked tired.

"Are you okay?" Brian asked, sitting down. The papers were various bills and documents for the nightclub Amanda owned.

"Nick being unable to perform is hurting the club....I'm losing money." Amanda said sadly, her eyes watering. She loved the nightclub...she loved running it and everything that came with it. Amanda had seen it grow so much in the few years it had been open...and it was slowly dying.

"I'm sorry to hear that, I know how hard you work to run that club." Brian said.

"I love Nick....this isn't about money....but the club is dying without him being there. Every week I can see it." Amanda told him, tears falling. She wiped her face and shook her head.

"I can't believe this...I just did all the numbers. If it keeps up, the club will be closed in two weeks." Amanda said wistfully. Brian got up and hugged her again, feeling her cry into his shoulder.

"I wish I could help you. Can't you find someone to fill Nick's spot?" he asked, handing her a tissue.

"None of them are as good as Nick. I need someone like him, but I don't know anyone I can ask." Amanda explained.

"What about Nick's friend...JC? He would be great." Brian offered.

"He's touring right now. I can't ask him to drop everything and come play a little nightclub." Amanda protested sadly. She hadn't thought of asking JC, and her pride kept her from even considering the idea. She didn't want to look desperate, but her situation was not looking promising. The club was losing money daily and it killed her to the point where she didn't even want to go in anymore...she didn't want to see it empty.

"I would help you, but I got this whole police officer thing." Brian joked, but it fell flat.

"You sing?" Amanda asked in surprise...but then she remembered he had sung for her when they were dating. He had a good voice, but to her it didn't compare to Nick's.

"Yeah...but not in public. My shower is very impressed with me though. Singing is Nick's thing anyways, not mine." Brian laughed softly, blushing. Amanda smiled at him, Brian was not one to show when he was embarrassed or upset, he was cute when he blushed.

"It's okay...I just need a damn miracle." Amanda said as she walked Brian to the door. As they left the room, AJ moved from his hiding spot behind the refrigerator. He rushed upstairs to Nick's room, where Nick was fast asleep in bed due to medication. AJ looked around for Nick's phone and it was on the nightstand next to his bed.

"Amanda needs help, come to the house as soon as you can" AJ texted before closing it and putting it back. He smiled as he closed the door....help was on the way.