- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here it is....the final chapter. The sequel to this story will be titled "From This Moment On" and will be posted sometime this week so keep an eye out for it. I always appreciate the feedback and hope you will all continue with the series :) thanks!
Chapter 45


"Well, Mrs. Carter....are you ready?" Nick grinned cheekily as they sat in the limousine outside of the reception hall. Amanda smiled back and adjusted her tiara, she couldn't believe it was all real....she was married to Nick Carter.

"I've been ready!" she teased. Nick kissed her before they got out and walked into the room. The reception for their wedding was fun yet elegant....balloons in pastel colors of ocean blue and lavender...flowers at every table. The large wedding cake sitting at the center was a four tiered tower of buttercream and delicate roses made of fondant. There was a large dance floor and candles set the mood, everyone seemed to enjoy themselves.

"Congratulations, guys." Brian said, greeting Nick and Amanda on the dance floor. He had been paired with Amanda's cousin Emily for the wedding. AJ with Skye, Lance with Amanda's friend Rachel, and JC with her cousin Heather. Amanda noticed a spark with AJ and Skye that she hadn't seen before, they were showing good body language towards one another and spending a lot of time together.

"Attention, everyone....Nick has something to say before he and his new bride share their first dance." JC announced before handing Nick the microphone.

"As you all know....I have gone through a lot to be with this girl right here, but here we are." Nick smiled.

"About time." Brian piped up as everyone laughed.

"She and I have had a lot of good times and bad times, but I promise I will be there for her until I take my last breath. I wrote this song for you, baby....I love you." Nick said before the music began to play. He took her hand and they began to dance....just like they did at prom.





It's in the silences, the words you never say
I see it in your eyes, always starts the same way
"It seems like everyone we know is breaking up,"
"Does anybody ever stay in love anymore?"




"You wrote this for me?" Amanda asked, her eyes watering as she looked into his.



I promise you from the bottom of my heart
I will love you til death do us part
I promise you as a lover and a friend
I will love you like I'll never love again, with everything I am


"Well, I had some help baby." Nick said, smiling at Brian standing nearby.

After their dance ended it was time for dinner. Lance stood up and held up his glass of champagne, tapping on it gently with his knife before clearing his throat. As the best man...it was traditional for him to make a speech. Everyone grew silent and looked at him. Lance rubbed the back of his head and coughed again.

"I....I know a lot of you don't think I even belong here at this table making a toast to my ex wife." Lance began meekly, trying not to look anyone in the eye.

"Amanda was the one good thing I had in my life and to be honest, I didn't deserve her. Nick loved her the minute he saw her and all I did was everything I could to break his spirit and keep Amanda to myself, but Nick didn't give up. No matter how horrible or rotten I was, he still loved her. The two of them belong together, anyone with half a brain can see it."

Nick smiled at him and Amanda nodded in awe. Lance relaxed and continued, clearing his throat.

"I hope both of you are together for a long time and I wish you both the best." he finished. Everyone clapped and the others made a toast as well. After dinner Nick and Amanda stood near the large cake in the center of the dessert table. Nick cut it and gently fed it to her, careful not to mess up her makeup. Amanda took her piece and smooshed it into his face, someone snapping pictures as he laughed. He then went after her but she backed up, giggling.

"Watch my dress!" she grinned as Nick licked cake from his face. For the bouquet toss, all the girls lined up and Amanda threw it over her shoulder.

"It's mine!!" Skye shouted, knocking one of the other girls down to claim her prize, her magenta streaked blonde hair in her face as she fell.

"Looks like you're getting married next Skye," Nick laughed as she looked at AJ. Amanda and Nick noticed as the reception went on that Skye and AJ seemed to be attracted to one another and they liked it....he hadn't had a girlfriend in quite some time.

"This is the best part....the garter toss." AJ said, rubbing his hands together.

"Why?" Nick asked as someone brought out a chair for Amanda to sit on. AJ leaned in and whispered something into his ear.

"Ohhhh,"


Nick walked over to Amanda and knelt down next to her dress. To everyone's shock....his head went under the white material. Amanda could feel him tickling the side of her leg with his mouth as he slid the garter off of her using only his teeth. Her mouth dropped when she felt his tongue on her thigh. He wriggled under the dress suggestively before emerging, twirling the garter around his finger and smirking. He threw it and everyone laughed when it landed on AJ's head. All of the guests had a wonderful time and Nick took Amanda home that night, kissing her as they changed clothes and put the kids to bed.

"Nick why is our luggage on the stairs? I thought we weren't leaving for our honeymoon until tomorrow." Amanda said, still confused by the kids going to bed so early.

"We are taking a red eye, baby. If we don't we will be bothered by the press at the airport. I think this is a better idea and easier on Celine as well. I already packed for you." Nick said, putting his arms around her.

"You still won't tell me where we are going will you?" she asked as he kissed her gently on the cheek.
"It's a surprise, trust me you will love it. I picked it especially for you and I." Nick responded. Amanda smiled, kissing her husband before watching him take their luggage to the taxi outside. She stood there with her arms crossed and smiling as she hummed....

"You're still the one I want for life...."

Life with Nick was just beginning, and she couldn't be happier.