- Text Size +
Chapter Seventeen

"Mason where are we?"

"We're almost there."

There were trees everywhere. I was sure the truck was going to get stuck at any minute. Even the headlights weren't helping.

"Mas, I---"

The rest of my sentence disappeared back down my throat. Suddenly the trees broke away and we were in a clearing. A nice empty clearing. Mason put the truck in park and we undid our seatbelts. Mason grinned. I could tell he was proud of himself.

"I found it."

I glanced around.

"Found what?"

"Make-out point."

I blushed. I don't even know why. Maybe it was because I knew we were going to do more than make-out.

Yeah, that was probably it.

"How'd you know about this?"

"Larry told me," Mason said. He shifted on the seat and held up a little foil wrapper.

"And he gave me this."

A condom. Mason was a much better boy scout than I had been a girl scout.

He was prepared.

I met Mason's eyes. That little package said a lot about our plans. I ran my tongue along my lips.

"You're sure, right?" Mason asked. I nodded.

"I'm sure."

The sun had dipped below the trees and the whole field was filled with the long shadows of summer. Mason leaned towards me and I prepared for a kiss, but instead his hand reached out and snaked into my hair.

"I love your hair," he whispered. I opened my mouth. His hand slid from my curls and trailed along my cheeks.

"I love your freckles," he continued.

My heart was pounding. There was a lot of love going around. His fingers ran along my lips.

"I love your lips."

He leaned forward and kissed me passionately. This was what I had been waiting for. My arms wrapped around his neck and I scooted towards him on the seat.

"I love you," he murmured as he drew in my lip for a long slow nibble.

I had been delusional when I thought I had been having a heart attack on top of the water tower. That was nothing compared to this moment.

Mason had just told me he loved me!

I pulled back and stared into his eyes. Those green eyes.

"I love you too," I whispered. I was surprised that my voice didn't shake. It sounded...confident.

I don't know why, but hearing those words seemed to trigger some type of male animal thing. His hands pressed into my back and before I knew it, I was stretched out along the seat of the truck, my head tilted back as Mason's tongue savored every square inch of the inside of my mouth. I prayed that I wouldn't swallow his tongue it probed so deep.

The hands that had lowered me down now came around to the front. I was still clinging to his neck, my fingers sliding into his hair like I was drowning and he was my life raft. I felt his palm on the bare flesh of my stomach and then his fingers trailed up, up, up and reflexively my back arched.

He fiddled with my bra clasp and I heard a moan of frustration. He pulled away from my tingling mouth just long enough to put his full attention into how to unsnap a bra. When he finally got it, the corners of his mouth lifted in a satisfied smile.

"These things are tricky," he whispered. I smiled.

"They're necessary."

"Not in my mind."

My hands fell from his head and he pushed up my shirt. As it went over my head, my bra went with it.

It was like the night at the lake all over again. The feel of laying there with nothing seperating my skin from the air all around me was amazing.

"Damn Shel," Mason said. He was staring at me like I was some type of statue at the art museum. His hands ran up and down my sides. He started to lean down, his mouth open slightly, when my hands yanked up the bottom of his shirt. He paused to allow me to take it off.

I felt better. The clothes ratio was even. And the hard plane of his stomach was too hot to keep covered.

My eyes were half closed like I was drunk. And maybe I was. Not by alcohol but just by...this.

His kisses rained down along my neck, my collarbone and took a long-lasting stay at my breasts.

Never was I more glad that I had big boobs. Mason was definitely a boob man. And he was good with them. At one point I couldn't help the desperate moan that escaped my lips. He paused in his temptation and slowly nibbled his way down my stomach.

When he got to my jeans, his fingers deftly released the button. Down went the zipper. My hips arched. This was a necessary process if we were going farther. My flip-flops had already been kicked to lord knows where. The jeans crumpled up by the driver's side door.

I was ready to do my part with his jeans, but he didn't seem bothered. Those kisses that rained down along my stomach went lower.

Lower.

"Oh god," I gasped. My hand reached back reflexively for a hold. All I could do was slap my palm against the glass. The world momentarily seemed to spin. I was caught off guard. Even more so when his fingers slid under the band and pulled the panties down my bare legs.

I was naked on an old leather truck seat. That was the reality. The other reality was that Mason didn't look comfortable in his jeans. I grabbed for his waistband and tugged. His eyes glazed over.

I sat up, trying to push all of the swirl of delicious sensations from Mason's lips out of my head. I undid the button of his jeans and slowly pulled down the zipper. He kicked out of them.

All that was left was the boxers. I ran my hand along him and he drew in a sharp breath. That breath turned into a long drawn out curse as I lowered my head and sucked through the flimsy cotton.

"Shel," he growled. His hands wrapped around my shoulders. In another second I was back down along the seat. The boxers were off.

And it was us.

Again.

I knew the basics of how this all worked. I wrapped a bare leg around him. He lowered himself down. We were mouth to mouth, chest to chest...

And there it was again. The erection that I had turned away the last time. Against my thigh. This time I wasn't stopping. I remembered how some of the girls at school had said it had hurt. I didn't like pain.

But then I remembered the same girls saying how good it felt.

A good pain. I wanted to know what that felt like.

Mason reached back and I caught a glimpse of the shiny package in his hand. He ripped it open.

We were ready.

"I'm never going to forget this night," Mason whispered.

"Me either."

His kiss came long and slow. My hands slid down his back. I could feel his heart beating just as fast as mine. His hand ran along the outside of my leg. I pressed tighter against him.

He was there. Not there there but knocking at the door. I could just feel the tip. It was like he was pausing and we were soaking up the last few seconds of our virginity and I prepared myself for that quick moment of pain and....

The door that was bracing my head suddenly disappeared. It opened so fast that I thought the door might have just decided to fall off all by itself.

But that wasn't the case.

"GET THE FUCK OFF MY DAUGHTER!"

"MASON, I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!"

My heart stopped. Mason looked up and I tried to tilt my head that far back.

Dad and Kevin were standing there looking murderous.