- Text Size +
Chapter Ten

"Are you girls going to be okay on your own for dinner tonight?" Angel asked. Kay and I looked at each other and smiled.

"Sure," I said.

"Will you stay out of trouble?" Angel added. Kay laughed.

"Of course."

Angel took a hard look at us. She picked up her purse.

"I have a couple people to meet while we're out here," she explained. "But tomorrow all three of us will go shopping."

"Sounds great," I said with a grin.

Angel left ten minutes later. Kay stepped out on the balcony and leaned over far enough that she almost gave me a heart attack.

"Where should we go?" she asked.

"I don't know. What do you feel like having?" I asked.

Before she could respond, I heard a tap on my door. I walked over and peered through the little peephole. I gasped.

"Is it Nate?" Kay asked. I waved at her to be quiet and opened the door.

Nate was dressed in a white tank, a short sleeve flannel shirt, and jeans. He gave me a sparkling white smile.

"Hey," he said.

I blinked. I knew I was supposed to do something, but what? Oh right!

"Hi," I said. I stepped back. "Come in."

Nate stepped into the entertainment lounge. He looked around. I could tell he was impressed.

"Nice," he said. He looked back at me.

"So did your friend's flight get in?"

"It did," Kay said. She stepped into the room. Nate turned around. Kay held out her hand. I noticed she held it in such a way to hide her wrist.

"I'm Kay."

Nate took her hand. "Nate."

"We were just trying to figure out where to go for dinner," Kay said once he dropped her hand. "Have you been to L.A. before?"

Nate smiled over at me. "I can't say that I have." Kay winked behind his shoulder.

"Would you like to join us?" I asked. He ran a hand through his hair.

"I don't want to interrupt girl time..."

Kay laughed. "Girl time? Don't be silly. That comes way later tonight. You up for a panty pillow fight BooBoo?"

I was pretty sure if my eyes widened any more they would fall out of their sockets. I opened my mouth but it flapped helplessly like a fish. Nate didn't take his eyes of me.

"Do you have a favorite restaurant out here?" Nate asked. I swallowed down my mortification. Panty pillow fight?

"I like the Falcon," I finally said. "They've got good food. But it's fancy."

Kay clapped her hands excitedly. "I brought a dress!"

Nate gave me a dimpled grin. "I have a tie."

I was trying not to melt under his force field.

"Then we have a plan," I said.

Before Nate left, he spotted the large bouquet of roses.

"Secret admirer?" he teased. Kay rolled her eyes.

"Trevor Tylers," she said coldly.

Nate picked up the card and read it. I quickly wiped my sweaty palms on my jeans. My palms had never been as sweaty as they were around him. I watched as he put the card back into its holder. He looked thoughtful.

"Well," Nate said lightly. He winked at me.

"Looks like I'm just going to have to work harder."

He walked up to me, kissed my cheek (my cheek!) and left. Kay walked over and grabbed my arm.

"If he works any harder, I'm going to have to get parental permission to watch this unfold," Kay said. "He's pushing NC-17."

All I could do was nod. My thoughts were already X-rated.

----------------------------------------

"I think that's the most modest dress I've ever seen you wear," I said an hour later as I slid a pair of hoops through my ears.

Kay ran a hand down the grey and black number that looped around her neck.

"Mom threw away a lot of my stuff," she said. "Even my wigs."

Kay's brow furrowed.

"Well, I'm sure she just wanted to take that temptation away from you," I reasoned. Kay shook out her hair.

"Yeah," she said with a sigh.

I turned towards the mirror. My legs were smooth, my hair was brushed until it shone. I had opted for a new little black dress with a scooped back and a jungle print sash around my waist. Matching print shoes completed the outfit.

"You look like you're going to get wild tonight," Kay teased. I smiled.

"It's the pressure of being famous. I can't wear the same thing twice. I've learned to add new things to make old stuff look new. That's where the sash come in."

"I bet Nate will like it."

I ran my hand along it. "Yeah?"

"Totally. Of course he's probably still thinking out pillow fight."

"I can't believe you said that. When have we ever had a pillow fight in our panties?"

Kay giggled. "It's every man's fantasy."

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my clutch purse.

"Are you ready?" I asked. Kay stole a couple wrap bracelets from my box and covered her wrists. She fluffed her hair.

"Ready."

--------------------------------

We met Nate down in the lobby. He had packed more than just a tie. He had on a dark dress shirt and dark pants. A silver tie was secured around his neck, but not too tight. He made dressy look great. Of course, he made naked look better.

I shook my head. I couldn't think of that right now.

"Well, I'm a lucky guy," he said as we walked up. "I get to escort two lovely ladies tonight."

As he said that, he didn't look away from me. He took my hand. I was a little worried Kay might feel like a third wheel but she just pointed towards the door.

"Chuck's waiting. Let's roll."

The Falcon was packed when we got there. Even though a downside of being famous is the need to always look new, the upside was worming your way to the front of the line. In less than fifteen minutes, we were seated at a premium table.

"How awesome is Brooke?" Kay asked Nate as she picked up a menu. Unbeknownst to Kay, his hand was on my knee. He gave me a little squeeze.

"She's awesome," he agreed. He opened a menu and slid closer to me. We looked down.

The next twenty minutes were spent ordering drinks and food. As the waiter walked off with our order, Nate took my hand.

"You want to dance?"

On the weekends, a local club DJ was brought in. There was a huge empty space in the middle of the restaurant where bodies were pressed together moving to the music. I glanced at Kay. She waved me on.

"Go!"

I looked back at Nate. I thought of him dancing naked. I nodded.

He led me down onto the floor. His arm wrapped around my waist; he pulled me towards him.

"Kay seems cool!" he shouted above the music. I laughed. If he only knew...

"She is!" I said.

We worked our way through several fast songs. Finally, the DJ switched to something slower. Nate held me in his strong arms. I nuzzled into his neck. I felt his lips graze my shoulder.

"Did you like what you saw today?" he whispered as we swayed. I lifted my head.

"What I saw?" I asked in confusion. My pulse picked up. The dimple came out in full force.

"It was hard not to notice your blue eyes poking out from under my bed," he said huskily.

I moaned. He knew!

"I'm so sorry," I gasped. His hand slid into the low back of my dress. I felt his fingers run along the thin fabric of my panties.

"I'm not," he said. He kissed me passionately. By the time I came up for air, I felt like I had been submerged underwater for several minutes. His bright green eyes had darkened to a deep hunter.

"Did you like what you saw?" he repeated.

There were so many ways I could answer. But I wasn't feeling witty at the moment.

"It was all very nice," I said thickly.

He kissed me again. I had never felt so attuned to my feminine side as I did pressed against his body. When he pulled away, I suddenly felt incomplete.

"Our food's probably ready," he said. It took me a moment to remember where we were. I nodded.

"We better get back to Kay," I said as sanity slowly seeped back in.

His hand slid out of the back of my dress. He held onto my hand and we wove through the crowd.

I knew that if Kay hadn't been there that I probably would have skipped dinner.

I wanted to go straight for dessert.