- Text Size +
Chapter Twenty - Kansas City, Missouri

"Brooke, your dress just got here!" Aunt Angel announced as she walked into my dressing room. She was holding a large brown box.

"Thank goodness!" I said. My stylist had a huge chunk of my hair in the curling iron. I waited for her to release me and I hopped out of the chair.

"I've got to see it again," I said. I grabbed the box and put it down on the couch. Angel helped me rip open the packaging. Big bags of air cushioned it. I tossed those aside and held it up.

"That's gorgeous," Angel said. I yanked the whole thing out of the box and did a spin. With the whole 'Garrett' fiasco darkening my memory, I had forgotten how much I loved the dress.

"Do you think it's VMA worthy?" I asked. Angel laughed.

"Absolutely. Who's the lucky guy that's going to escort you in that sexy number?"

I blushed. "Jasper. Do you really think it's a sexy dress?"

"You tend to look sexy in anything," my stylist said. "Can you get your little tush over here so I can finish your hair?"

I grinned. Angel took the dress and put it back in the box.

"So what's the game plan?" she asked after it was safely repackaged.

"Well, I'm doing the concert here in Kansas City tonight," I said. "Tomorrow I'll drive to the airport with Jasper. We'll be taken to New York on Rick's private plane. I'll spend the day getting ready, we'll attend the show, and right after the jet will fly us to St. Louis where I'll meet up with you guys for the next concert."

"So all of that in less than twenty four hours?"

I laughed. "Pretty much."

Angel smiled. "Impressive."

"You're the busiest sixteen year old girl I know," my stylist said.

I glanced at myself in the mirror. I felt proud.

I was in charge of my own destiny.

-------------------------------------------

The next morning, I woke up early. I spent an hour in the hotel gym. I wanted to make sure I looked amazing in my dress. I was bent down tying my shoe when someone grabbed my waist. I jumped and spun around.

It was Trevor.

"Hey," he said with a smile. I wiped my face on my towel.

"Hey."

"Tonight's the VMAs, huh?" he said. He was trying to be nonchalant.

It wasn't working.

"Yeah, I'm going to be leaving in a couple hours," I said. He smiled.

"Listen, I'm really sorry for the way I acted the other day. It's just there's a lot going on lately. I'm trying to figure out where I stand in my family, in your life...I'm a little lost. I know I pulled the macho jackass thing on you. You didn't deserve it."

I couldn't help but smile. Unlike our last conversation, he was sincere.

This was the Trevor that I liked.

"I know things are crazy for you right now," I said gently. "Thank you for putting up with me. I know it can't be easy to see me with someone else."

"It's not," he said earnestly. "It brings out the worst in me."

"Well, it certaintly brings out the, er, dominate side of you," I said awkwardly. I remembered how he had taken my hand and pressed it to him. I played with the edge of the towel.

"I hope you win all three trophies tonight," he said. I felt a little pang. I knew how bad he wanted to go...

"I'm sorry about not taking you," I said. "I'm going to be nervous and I figured taking a friend would be easier."

Trevor nodded. "I understand. It took me awhile, but I understand."

His eyes roamed my face. I knew I was hot, sweaty, and looked pretty disgusting.

"I better go take a shower," I said. Trevor smiled.

"Can I get a hug before you go? I don't know if I'll see you before your plane takes off."

I smiled. "Sure."

I stepped towards him. His arms wrapped around me and pulled me close. My hands wrapped around his upper arms. He was wearing a tight white wifebeater and basketball shorts. He was solid. It felt nice in his arms. His hands pressed into my back before sliding to my sides. I straightened back up and looked at him.

"Knock em dead," he whispered. His face seemed to move in slow motion. Or maybe that was just the way my mind wanted to see it. Either way, it made his kiss seem that much more when his lips finally met mine.

I loved the kiss from the moment it started. It wasn't the 'you're mine, haha!' kiss that he had given me that first night onstage, nor was it full of hesitation like the night at the hotel.

It was a 'perfect' kiss. My hands wrapped around the back of his neck. His hair was long enough to brush with the tips of my fingernails. I leaned back knowing that his hands were there to hold me.

Time passed, but it seemed like no time at all. Kisses gave way to little nips and tugs. I slid my body against him; his hands slid under my exercise shorts.

I was sweaty; he was getting sweaty. Somehow he managed to get me onto the exercise bench. I don't even remember my feet moving across the room. He slid down over me. My leg looped around his own. My hand ran across the front of his shorts.

"Someone might walk in," he moaned.

It was sad that he was trying to be the voice of reason. Hadn't I just said I was in charge of my own destiny?

"I don't care," I said.

Trevor looked like he was going to pass out. Instead, he reached up above me. When he stood up I saw that he had wrangled the long weight bar from it's holder. He walked to the door and propped it under the knob.

"Problem solved," he said.

It was ridiculous, but that little moment of ingenuity actually made him sexier. When he walked back over and leaned down, I pulled his face to mine and kissed him passionately. My nails scratched up his t-shirt. I pulled away to toss it over his head. He had already managed to get my shorts off. He sat back and ran his fingers over my panties. He seemed engrossed in just staring at them.

"Don't be nervous," he said. I didn't know whether he was talking to himself or to me.

"I'm not," I said. His eyes traveled up to my face. He grinned. I tugged at the waistband of his shorts.

That was all he needed. Minutes later I was naked on the hard plane of the weight bench. His face was buried in my chest and I was exploring the strong muscles running through his shoulders.

"You're more beautiful than I remember," he whispered. His tongue ran over my nipple. I let my hands fall above my head and savored the familiar pleasure that came with the skin-to-skin contact. A little part of me wondered if I was developing into a sex fiend. Dad had been one. What if it had crossed over to the girls in the next generation? I bit my lip and Trevor's tongue licked down me.

Fuck it. I felt way too good to worry about it.

I felt his warm breath cascade down me.

"I don't know how much longer I can wait," he said.

"Then don't," I heard myself say.

He didn't. His lips came back to mine and he was in me and then he was finally in me.

"Does it feel good?" he asked.

Part of me realized that he probably thought I was a virgin. I suspected that he had been. I wasn't about to break his bubble in the middle of the experience. I clung to his shoulders, tried to look like a novice, and nodded. I bit my lip for emphasis. But, in truth, it did feel good.

It was just over too fast. I guess first time jitters did that to a guy. Trevor buried his face into the crook of my neck. His breath came hard and fast.

"I love you," he said into my clammy skin. His hand slid down my body like I was precious glass. "I knew you would choose me."

My heart stopped. He loved me? He thought I had made up my mind?

I stared at the ceiling. I had just done the nasty on a weight bench. What the hell was I thinking?

Oh crap.