- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

THIS IS THE FINAL CHAPTER!!! THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR REVIEWS!!! :) There might another one...but I'm not sure yet. :)

 

CHAPTER 10

Nick was mad but felt sympathetic toward Baylee. He knew it had been an acident and he knew from his own days of bed wetting that Baylee had to be embarrassed.


"Baylee, did Norton pee the bed?" Nick asked.


Slowly Baylee looked up at him. He nodded.


"Well, you tell Norton I'm not mad. Okay?"


Baylee sniffled and nodded again.


Nick wiped away his tears, "Let's try to clean you up."


Baylee nodded and followed Nick into the bathroom.

"Everything's gonna be alright." Nick told him filling up the over sized tub in his bathroom.

When it was finished filling up he turned off the water and looked at Baylee. "You take off your wet things and wash up while I try to figure out something for you to wear. Alright?" 

Baylee nodded and watched Nick leave the room.

"Okay, what do I put him in?" Nick thought out loud.

He walked into his closet and looked around.

"Can't hurt." He said grabbing a large t-shirt off of a hanger.

He took it into the bathroom with him. "Baylee, I'm gonna take this stuff down and wash it. You finish up and put this on for now. Kay?"

"Kay." Baylee replied.

Nick picked up with wet clothes and took them along with the soiled bedsheets down to his laundry room. He tossed Baylee's clothes in leaving the sheets to be done the next time around. He wasn't sure how Leighanne and Brian would react to Baylee having an accident at age 7 so he set the washer on quick wash.

He left the laundry room and checked on James briefly before going back up to see how Baylee was doing.

He found Baylee wearing his big shirt sitting on the end of the bed waiting for him.

"I'm gonna take you down to one of the guest room to sleep." Nick told him.

Baylee nodded and stood.

Nick kindly placed an arm around Baylee small shoulders and took him to a room.

"Now, you don't have to go pee or anything else right now?" Nick asked turning down the covers for him.

"No, Uncle Nick." He shook his head.

A few hours later...

 

Nick was sitting on the couch watching some horror movie when his cell rang, "Hello?" He said.


"Hey, Uncle Nick!" Brian smirked.


Nick laughed, "Hey, are you guys on your way?" He asked


"Yeah, we're almost there! We'll be there in the next few minutes." Brian replied.


"Okay, see you then!" Nick said then hung up.


He ran downstairs and took Baylee's clothes out of the dryer and ran back upstairs. He then ran into Baylee's room and quickly but carefully changed Baylee back into his clothes, not wanting him to wake up.


Just then the doorbell rang and Nick gently picked Baylee up and walked down the stairs with him. Baylee never woke as he walked over and opened the door.


"Aww." Leighanne said smiling.


Nick smiled back and handed her Baylee.


Leighanne went to the car with Baylee as Brian, Howie and Leigh came inside. 


Leigh walked over and saw James asleep. "Glad to see he's in one piece." Leigh joked.


Nick chuckled softly, "He was a little angel, they both were!" He said as Leigh picked James up.


"That's good." Brian smiled as he and Howie took a part the Pack 'N Play.


Nick smiled.


"Thanks again." Howie said as he and the others left.


"No problem!" Nick said closing the door behind him.


He took a deep breath as he turned off the porch light and locked the door.


"I am never doing that again." He said then walked over to the couch and fell asleep.