- Text Size +

The four adults and two children approached Nick's door when they arrived. Brian held onto Baylee's hand. Leighanne held James. Howie held Jame's pack n' play while Leigh held his two diaper bags. Baylee reached up and rang the door bell. Inside Nick groaned as he got off his couch and answered the door. When the door opened Baylee's arms went around his waist.

"Hi Uncle Nick! Where gonna have fun!" Baylee said then ran past him to the TV where Nick had a basketball game on.

"What's that thing?" Nick asked Howie as Leighanne put James in his arms.

"It's called a pack 'N play." Howie explained moving past him to set it up.

"Now Nick, James is kinda picky. He likes his bottles cold. The colder the better in fact." Leigh began to explain.

"Ok." Nick replied.

"There are two jars of food in here. He needs them before you lay him down for the night but he wont eat them unless he sees you taste them first." She continued.

"Perfect." Nick sarcastically said.

"There's a pacifier in his diaper bag too. He really likes it. So if he's crying you might try that." She finished as Howie did also.

"Nick, don't give Baylee anything sweet or he'll get really hyper just like Brian." Leighanne told him.

"No video games either." Brian added.

"We'll be back around one am! If you any problems just call us and yes, we'll call if we're gonna be late." Howie said then turned around and left.

James instantly began to scream as Leigh followed him.

"Have fun, Nick!" Brian said after giving Baylee a quick hug. Brian then left with Leighanne close behind to the car.

Nick walked over and sat on the couch staring at James who was still crying... err, screaming. Nick looked down at Baylee, "How am I supposed to make him stop?!" He asked the young boy.

Baylee smiled at Nick, "Uhhh, well he hates if Howie sings to him but maybe you can try!" Baylee suggested.

"Uh-huh...and what am I supposed to sing?" Nick asked.

"Hmm... something... like slow." Baylee said using his hands as he talked.

"Slow?" Nick questioned.

"Yeah like... Show me the meaning." He smiled.

"How does it start again?" Nick asked him.

"So many words fer da broken heart. Is hard to see in a grim sun love..." Baylee sang.

"Oh that's right..." Nick said then started to sing.

But he still didn't have any luck after he finished, he looked at Baylee.

Baylee thought for a moment, "What about a lullaby?" He asked

"I'm not sure if I remember any." Nick replied.

"Did your mommy sing to you when you were little?" Baylee asked.

Nick shook his head, "Nah, she wasn't that type of mom...not like yours...you have a kick ass mom!" He said with a small smile.

Baylee giggled, "You said a bad word."

Nick laughed, "Yeah, no telling on me 'kay?" he said.

"'Kay." Baylee said.

Nick then remembered one and started to softly sing, "Catapillar in the tree how you wonder who you'll be..."

"That's from the Miley Cyrus movie." Baylee said moving to sit by Nick.

Nick just kept singing.

When he finished James still cried.

"Quick Baylee, now what?" Nick asked beginning to get flustered.

"Uh, maybe he wants a bottle. My mommy says babies like bottles."

"Good idea." Nick said and stood.  He walked over to James diaper bag and grabbed a bottle and the formula can.

"Do you know what you're doing with that?" Baylee asked following him into the kitchen.

"I'm sure there's directions on the can." Nick said hoping he was right.

"Here Baylee, hold this." Nick said sitting him in a chair and handing James to him.

Baylee wrapped his arms around James waist.

James began to scream louder.

"Wash hands with... yeah yeah yeah, how do you make this shit?" Nick asked looking at the can.

"Uncle Nick..." Baylee trailed off in a sing song tone.

"Bad word, right." Nick said then looked back to that can. "Pour desired amount of water into the bottle. Add powder. How much powder?" Nick asked scratching his head.

"I dunno. Maybe you outta call Howie." Baylee suggested still holding James.

"No, cause then he'll think I'm stupid and never trust me again." Nick disagreed. "Oh here, to make 8 oz. add 4 unpacked level scoops." Nick read then began to make the bottle.

"Remember Leigh told you to use cold water." Baylee reminded.

"Yes, thank you." Nick smiled.

Once he finished he took James into his arms and gave him the bottle.

Nick couldn't even get it in James mouth before he ripped it away from him and did it himself.

"Well, that was easy." Baylee smiled.

"Right... easy."