- Text Size +

Chapter 5


"Baylee, what's wrong with him now?" Nick asked.

"You figure it out!" Baylee pouted sitting on the couch.

"Baylee, I'm sorry I yelled, I really am...please help me!"

"No." He replied sitting back into the couch and folding his arms over his chest.

James screamed louder.

"Uh... ok buddy. Come see Uncle Nicky. I'll try to figure this ou- eww!" Nick said smelling him upon lifting him into his arms.

Baylee didn't move but he did smile.

"Great. Just great." Nick rolled his eyes.

He looked around the room aimlessly as if something somewhere would reach out to him and help him.

His eyes landed on James diaper bag.

"Diaper bag, diaper; yeah, that's it." Nick talked to himself as James still screamed.

Quickly Nick walked over to the bag and pulled out a diaper.

"Wipes." Baylee said not moving after Nick began to walk away from the bag.

"Wipes..." Nick trailed off turning back to the bag.
.ExternalClass .ecxhmmessage P {padding:0px;} .ExternalClass body.ecxhmmessage {font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}
Nick laid James on the couch beside Baylee but Baylee moved to the big chair.

Nick took off James' jeans, and looked confused for a moment when he realized that James' shirt wasn't really a shirt it was something else that wrapped around him.

Upon futher examination Nick discovered snaps that when undone reveled the diaper.

Baylee giggled as he watched Nick slowly take off James' diaper.

"Holy sh- ships!" Nick said upon getting wind of the diaper.

Baylee simply laughed.

James screamed.

Nick then walked away to throw out the diaper.

Baylee shook his head, "Uncle Nick!!!!! You're not supposed to leave him alone on a couch!!! He could fall!!!" He said running over to James quickly to protect him.

"Oh..." Nick said turning around still dirty diaper in his hand.

"Could you watch for a quick sec? Please Baylee?" Nick begged.

Baylee rolled his eyes, "Only because I love him more than you."

Nick smiled, "Thanks." He said then went out into his garage and threw it in a trash can.

He came back and then looked at James.

"Wipes..." Nick said looking around then spotted them.

He grabbed them and then took one out, "Okay...what now?" He asked to no one really.

"Well first you should have kept that diaper cause second you gotta wipe the poop off his butt. Aunt Leigh always puts the wipes in the diaper THEN throws it away." Baylee said moving away from James as Nick neared.

"Why did you tell me that before?" Nick complained looking a little upset.

"Cause I'm mad at you! I'm not gonna help you do that the easy way if I'm mad! Duh!" Baylee said going back to chair.

"Gee... thanks Bay." Nick shook his head.

"Any time Uncle Nick." Baylee smiled sarcastically.

Nineteen wipes and a few moments later Nick had managed to get all the poop off James butt and surprisingly had done so without throwing up.

"Ok, so how do I put this thing back on?" Nick asked looking at Baylee.

Baylee drew and 'x' over his mouth and looked away.

"Right, your still pi- p- p-" Nick tried to come up with a censored word he could use. "Pretty darn mad!" He smiled proud of himself.

"That's a bad word too and if you do it again I'll have to tell daddy."

Nick rolled his eyes and suddenly felt something warm and wet his the front of his shirt.

James had turned into a water fountain.

"I forgot about that." Nick cursed looking close to vomiting again.

Baylee laughed.

"Stop laughing and help me please! I'll make it up to you! I promise!" Nick begged.

Baylee shook his head, "Fine, but you owe me!"

With that Baylee walked over and held James while Nick pulled his shirt off.

"Ok so how dose this thing go?" Nick asked looking at the diaper.

"The picture thingy goes in front." Baylee said.

"Right... right..." Nick said and began to put it on him.

After a few more moments Nick had gotten the diaper on and even figured out how to re-snap the strange thing James was wearing. He had affectionately thought up his own name for it.  'The funky ass shirt that snaps over the diaper thing'. Sure it was long but he figured if AJ ever got a turn at this babysitting thing it would catch on.

Once Nick had put James pants back on he had once again stopped crying.

"Perfect. Now what?" Nick said looking between the boys.

"You owe me!" Baylee smiled evil.