- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Sorry for the delay on this story! :)

Chapter 16

"Thanks for tuning to the show today everyone. Today we're going to be talking with pop superstar, Alaina Davis, about the upcoming tour & how motherhood has changed her life. She also has a life changing announcement to share with all of us, so you'll definitely want to stay tuned because we'll have all of that after the break," the DJ announced. It was the moment of truth. Today I would announce my divorce from Micah, I would explain to my fans why I'd been in hiding the last couple of months & I was about to break millions of girls hearts by announcing the fact that Nick was the father of my beautiful baby boy & that he & I were planning to spend our lives together. I could only hope that people would be supportive. After all, they'd been supportive of our relationship the first time around. Hopefully this wouldn't be any different. "And we're back. Joining us now on the phone from her home in Virginia is Miss Alaina Davis! Alaina, it's a pleasure to have you on the show today. How has life been treating you?"

I chuckled. Wow I could really elaborate on that couldn't I? "Well, it's been pretty hectic & crazy since the first leg of the tour ended. I've filed for divorce from Micah, had a beautiful baby boy & am embarking on a new journey of my life with the man of my dreams."

"Rumors have been speculating about what exactly happened between you & Micah, and we're going to respect your privacy & not ask exactly what went down, but you are confirming the divorce is a fact?"

I nodded as if he could see me. "Yes, the papers were filed & it should be finalized within the next couple of months."

"How is this going to work in terms of custody with your child?"

"Well, that won't be an issue. That is one of the other announcements that I wanted to make publicly before it was all over the internet. Micah is not the father of my son."

"Oh really? Interesting. Do you wish to share with us the true identity of your son's father?"

"I feel as though the public has a right to know that my son's father is Nick Carter & we have reconnected. We're stronger than ever & I hope that the fans, both mine & his, will be supportive of us in this new adventure."

"Well, congratulations to the both of you."

"Thank you very much. We're both very happy & are excited to start this new life together."

"That's great. Now, to get back to your career, you will be heading out on a second leg of your North American tour in just a couple of weeks, is that correct?"

"Yes, it sure is." I said. "The tour is going to pick back up in Atlanta & will hit another 35 cities before ending in Los Angeles. I'm really excited to get back out there."

"Well, we're certainly excited to see you again & we hope to talk with you again real soon, Alaina."

"Thank you, anytime."

"For a complete list of Alaina Davis tour dates, be sure to visit her website. We'll be right back after the break." The station went to commercial & I ended my conversation with the DJ.

Once I was off the phone I turned to Nick who had been sitting next to me the entire call. "You did great, Lane."

"I just really hope I did the right thing. I just really felt in my heart that the public needed to know."

Nick just smiled & pulled me close to him. "Everything is going to be great from here on out."

"I guess I need to start looking into hiring a nanny to take out on tour with me now, there's not much time left until the tour starts."

"Actually, I've been thinking about that...."

I looked at him, no doubt my face was riddled with confusion. "Oh yeah?"

He nodded. "Yup. I'm going to go on tour with you."

I laughed. "Carter, are you forgetting that you're in the middle of recording an album in LA?"

"Nope, I haven't forgotten, but I think I'm going to take a break from the group to focus on Grayson. We haven't decided on a release date yet, I just think I'll take a few months off & go on your tour with you, then when you're done touring I'll go back into the studio."

"Nick, that sounds amazing, but you have the other 3 guys to think about."

"They'll just have to understand." I had to admire Nick. He had spent the last several months trying to accept the fact that I was married to another man & expecting a baby. Now the tables had turned completely. Here I was on the verge of a divorce from a man I never should of married in the first place & now Nick was suddenly a father. I couldn't help, but wonder how different things would be if I wouldn't of just left that day when I walked in on him & the skanky blonde bimbo, he later started dating. A part of me was worried that when he went back to LA she'd be waiting for him. I knew that he loved Grayson, and for that matter, I knew that he loved me, but I wondered how long it would take until the pressure got to him & he ran.

"Have I told you lately how much I love you?"

He just smiled. "I love you too."

***

"Breaking News - MTV Studios has learned that Nick Carter has decided to take some time away from the Backstreet Boys. This news coming only hours after pop star, Alaina Davis, appeared on a morning radio show stating that the couple had reconciled after their 2010 break up & that he is the father of her now six week old son. MTV will keep you up to date with the latest news on this and other breaking news stories." I flipped off the television & looked at my Momma who had been sitting there watching the announcement with me. Nick had gone to the store to pick up some things for Grayson.

"Well..." I asked her.

"I have to be honest, sweetheart. I'm really surprised that he's done this for you. I thought for sure he would do the wrong thing & put his career first."

I nodded. "If I'm being honest, I was afraid of that myself, but he's been so great. It's been a crazy couple of months, but I think I see the light at the end of this tunnel. I'm so happy, Momma. He makes me so happy."

"And he's going to join you on tour to take care of Grayson, right? You know your father & I wouldn't mind keeping him."

I shook my head. "I couldn't leave him here for that long, I'd miss so much. He's already changed so much since we brought him home from the hospital."

"I just don't want it to become to overwhelming for him, honey. Afterall, he's just a baby."

"I know, Momma. The moment I feel like it's becoming too much is the moment I come home."

"Good." She leaned over & gave me a hug. "I love you, Alaina."

"I love you too, Momma." Grayson picked that moment to start screaming from upstairs. "Mommy duties call. I'm going to go check on him & then probably lay down, could you please let Nick know when he gets home?" She nodded & I got up & headed upstairs to check on him.

Chapter End Notes:

Follow me: @MimiMarie84