- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry for the delay in updating, I have been busy! Enjoy this update!
Chapter 14

"Amanda you have to come down here. We have a problem." AJ said over the phone. Amanda was on her way back to her dormitory, it had been a long day of classes and she was in a bad mood already.

"What is it, Jay? I'm tired. I just had a test and I have a bunch of homework to do." she said, sighing as she walked into her room that she shared with her roomate, Jodie.

"Nick doesn't want to go to LA...he's moping around the house." AJ explained.

"What? But he told me he's going there to record his album! He can't just not go." Amanda shot at him.

"He says he's making a mistake by leaving." AJ replied.

"Look, I'm an hour away, I don't know what you want me to do. He won't listen unless I'm in front of him....you know how Nick is. " Amanda snapped. She did not want to drive all the way to Miami to talk to Nick, but she also wanted to make sure he didn't throw away his dreams of being a singer. Nick had worked too hard already to stop now, all for what? Because they couldn't go out? She was not happy at all to hear about Nick being depressed.

"Okay, fine. I'm on my way." she said finally, heading back out the door. When she arrived at Nick's house, AJ said he was in the kitchen. She was shocked to see Nick sitting at the table, with a bunch of junk food spread out in front of him. He had a carton of chocolate ice cream in his hand and he was eating it with a spoon. Nick looked as if he hadn't slept since she saw him last...his eyes had dark circles under them, his hair was messy.

"Amanda?" he asked, looking up in surprise. his eyes were bloodshot as well.

"What the hell are you doing? Do you want to get fat? Look at all of this crap." she snapped angrily. She grabbed the ice cream carton out of his hand, the spoon clattering on the floor.

"What's the point? Nothing I do is right, Amanda." Nick mumbled, looking at his feet in shame. He felt nauseous from all the junk he had been eating.

"Nick, you are very talented and I would hate to see you throw it all away...over what? Me? I will be here....but that music career won't if you don't go to LA Friday." she shouted. He didn't look at her, he wanted to hold her and kiss her...he wanted to stay with her forever.

"I don't think its a good idea....why can't I stay in Miami and record? Why California? I can't live on my own...I..."

"I never want to hear you say you can't do something, Nick....you're wrong. YOU CAN. This is a good experience for you..." Amanda said. Nick's eyes were watering and he looked at his feet again.

"I'm making a mistake." he whispered.

"What makes you think this, Nick?" AJ asked, crossing his arms.

"Something seems fishy about this whole thing. If I'm so talented...why did only one label call me? Why do they have to send me away? Doesn't that seem weird to you?" Nick asked. He had been thinking about it for a while. Even the guy who shook his hand and gave him the paper to sign had looked familiar...as if he knew his face from somewhere before. Nick did not have a good feeling about California one bit...he was afraid to live by himself. He felt it wasn't time to do that yet.

"Nick, the other labels probably didn't look at your demo yet. Aren't you happy you got signed to RCA? Not many people get this opportunity. " Amanda told him in exasperation.

"I'm telling you, it's not a good idea." Nick protested. Amanda winked at AJ, who nodded and smiled.

"You don't want to go? You want to give up everything you've worked so hard for, Nick? Well, I guess this is goodbye." Amanda snapped. Nick looked up at her, his eyes watering as she left the room.

"Goodbye? What do you mean?"

"The Nick Carter I know wouldn't quit. Let me know when you see him." Amanda said, heading for the front door. She and AJ stood there, whispering.

"Wait for it..."

"Okay...I will go..." Nick said suddenly, standing in the hall. Amanda grinned knowingly at AJ, her plan had worked perfectly.

"Well, get packing then!" AJ laughed as Nick smiled at them. Nick walked up to her and gave her a small hug.

"I'm sorry you came all the way down here, Amanda....but I'm glad you did." he said softly.

"Me too, Nick. Knock em dead out there." she replied.

"I'm really gonna miss you...I will call every day." Nick said, holding her hand. She smiled at his soft hands touching her.

"You better. See you in three months." Amanda said, her eyes growing damp. She hated saying goodbye, it was like when she had left during their time in school....back when they were ten years old. He leaned in and kissed her gently, she didn't want him to stop. Amanda would have preferred to freeze time...so he would never have to leave.