- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hope you all are still reading. Enjoy this update!
Chapter 16



Nick landed in LAX airport that afternoon, it was a five and a half hour flight from Florida to California. He was confused and lost on his own there, it wasn't like the Newark Airport in New Jersey at all. Everything was different than back home....but AJ was right about the palm trees as Nick looked out the windows. He found baggage claim and a limousine was waiting for him, sent by the record company. Nick was amazed at the size of his apartment, it was large and completely furnished. He called Amanda once he was somewhat settled into the apartment.

"Its so nice...and everything is close by....there is a supermarket up the street. I'm going to try and look for the recording studio tomorrow, I start on Monday." Nick told her, smiling as he sank into his couch cushions.

"I'm happy for you, Nick. Give me a call tomorrow, I have to go to class." Amanda said before they hung up. Later that night, Amanda was woken up by her phone ringing.

"Amanda?" a scared voice whispered on the other end of the line. She sat up in bed and rubbed her eyes, it was around 2 in the morning.

"Nick...do you know what time it is?" she hissed angrily. She was horrified to hear gunshots in the background as Nick talked.

"I want to come home..." he told her.

"What's going on over there? Are you okay?" Amanda asked, fully awake now. It sounded as if Nick was hiding, his voice a bit muffled. More gunshots and the sound of broken glass broke the silence.

"There's a fight outside. They just broke a hole through my window." Nick said nervously.

"Get low to the ground and away from the windows. Did you call the police?" Amanda asked, yawning. She had class in a few hours and was already dead tired, but Nick needed her.

"The police should be coming...Amanda I don't like it here. I want to come home." he repeated.

"Nicky, you have to give it more than one day. I am sure things will be better tomorrow." Amanda said, smiling. The two of them talked until he finally fell asleep about 5:30 in the morning.


"Excuse me, could you tell me where Moonshine Studios is?" Nick asked the cashier at Whole Foods the next morning. He was scouting out the recording studio, but having no luck whatsoever.

"I'm sorry, sir...I don't live around here. I just got transferred." the lady behind the counter explained. Looking defeated, Nick turned around to leave. He walked right into someone, causing them to drop their groceries.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry!" Nick said, helping to pick up the bread and cereal that had fallen. He looked up and gasped as he stood, it was JC Chasez. He knew of JC because Amanda was a big fan of his for a long time. She always said he was an amazing singer and Nick had become a fan as well.

"You're...you're JC..." Nick muttered, trying to keep his composure. He had never met anybody famous before in his life. Nick remembered JC from Amanda's bedroom back in New Jersey...she had pictures of him on the door. He was a successful solo artist, something that Nick dreamed of becoming.

"Yes, I am. I couldn't help overhearing you...may I ask why you're looking for Moonshine Studios?" JC chuckled with a warm smile as she shook Nick's hand. He was handsome, dark hair and blue eyes, designer clothes. Nick felt embarrassed wearing his worn out jeans and baggy shirt, his hair in disarray.

"I am a bit lost, I'm supposed to be recording there on Monday, I just got signed last week." Nick explained nervously.
"Really? That's great! What label?" JC asked. He seemed interested in what Nick had to say as they talked.

"RCA. I had an audition in New York last week and I got signed." Nick told him. JC paid for his groceries and they walked outside. It was a warm day, considering that it was nearing the end of fall. Nick was impressed with JC's car, it looked expensive. Nick thought of his clunker back home and blushed.

"Well, I'm on the same label as you. Guess I will be seeing you around, then. What's your name?" JC asked.

"N-Nick Carter."

"Have you been in LA long? I can show you where the studio is if you like."

"I just moved here yesterday, I'm from Miami originally." Nick explained.

"Wow, Florida. I used to live in Orlando. Come on, I can help you find Moonshine Studio, its not far." JC offered, opening the car door for Nick and smiling.

"Hey, would you mind taking a picture with me for my friend back home? She's a big fan of yours." Nick asked nervously. JC grinned at him.

"No problem. Is your friend good looking?" he asked. Nick didn't really feel comfortable telling JC any of this, he loved Amanda and knew she was beautiful.

"Yes she is." he said shakily. JC stood next to him and they snapped a picture with his camera phone. Nick sent it to Amanda, excited to see her reaction. Nick rode in the car with JC all afternoon, as he showed Nick all around the neighborhood and asked him all kinds of questions. Nick asked him about performing, about recording...everything he could think of. JC didn't seem to mind all of the questions, in fact he offered to help him any way he could. Nick was blown away by his kindness, he was beginning to love LA.