- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

next chapter! wooo party time xD. sorry its taken a while i have a history paper due in the morning and i keep putting it off :S. please review :) it starts of in Nick's point of view (:

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Arial; panose-1:2 11 6 4 2 2 2 2 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Arial; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-font-family:Arial; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:EN-GB;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

“So Brian, who’s this chick that’s coming in to watch us record?” Donnie asked Brian. I could hear them talking before I brought Taylor into the studio we were using.
“She’s from Australia, Nick just signed her to the label. I think he wanted to talk to her about opening for us for the tour.”
“Oh awesome, that’d solve so many problems!” Jordan replied.

 

We walked into the studio and I introduced Taylor to everyone.

“Guys, this is Taylor Stefanovic and this is her Dad Karl. Brian, Howie and AJ are in the BackStreet Boys with me and this is Jordan, Joey, Donnie, Danny and Jonathan from New Kids.”
“Nice to meet you guys.”
“So Taylor, do you have any of the stuff you’ve recorded with you?” Nick asked.

“No it’s back in the hotel. I didn’t realise I had to bring it with me.”
“Oh no, I was just wondering. But we wanted to ask you, if it’s okay with you, would you like to be the opening act on the tour? We’ll have your album recorded by then. The tour isn’t until May but it’ll be all out by then.” I suggested.

“That would be awesome!” she replied enthusiastically.

“That’s great! Anyway, while the guys go and record their bits and pieces, you and I will go sort out your paperwork missy.”
“Dad, if you want to go have a look around New York, I’ll be fine.” Taylor said
“Alright, I’ll come back and get you later.” Karl replied.

 

Her Dad gave her a kiss on the cheek and walked out of the studio.

“So Taylor, what kind of music are you into?” Brian asked her.

“Well I will admit I have been a BackStreet Boys fan since I was about five but I also really love Missy Higgins and Delta Goodrem. Anything with a piano or acoustic guitar is my thing.”
“That’s good, your Dad told me a lot of your songs are pretty raw. We’ll have to work on that hey? A few drums, some electric guitar.”

 

The other boys went into the studio to record and Taylor and I went into the office beside the studio.

 

“So what’s this paperwork for?” she asked.
“Well this is just about joining the record label and about your pay. You’ll get $50,000 a year and then when the album goes on sale you get 80% of the profits and I get 10 and the shops get 10. You can read it if you want.”
“What’s the length of my contract?” she asked.
“Well I’m changing my ways as far as how long I keep new artists. You have so much talent so your contract is however long you want to remain with this label for then when you feel you need to change to a more mainstream label you can.”
“Are you serious? I’m not that talented.”
“Want a bet? I’ve seen you dance too and act. You’re a freakin triple threat “
“How have you seen videos of me dancing and acting?” she asked suspiciously.

“Youtube, thank your Dad.”

“I’m going to kill him!” she laughed.
“No they’re really good! Maybe we can get you an acting job too along side your music.”

 

After she signed the contracts and we sat and talked about what kind of music she wanted on her CD. She wanted a sort of Pop/Rock sound but also a bit of an acoustic sound because that’s what her roots are.

 

We went back into the main studio and I ran her through the way we work in a larger studio, which focuses on commercial releases. It’s a little bit different to a home studio because of the different soundboards, computer programs and play back systems.

 

“What’s it like being so famous Nick?” she asked curiously.
“To be honest, we’re not as famous as we were back in the 90s and it’s actually good being underground really.”
“Why are you guys sort of like an alternative band now?”
“Because no one really listens to boy bands anymore, other than the fans from way back. We left our record label, Jive about a month ago so we’re inbetween labels.”
“Wouldn’t you just sign them yourself?”
“I can’t, it’s too complicated. We’re trying to get signed by the New Kids record label Interscope.”
“Oh well I guess because you guys are now NKOTBSB they’d have to sign you.”
“Not necesseraly. We’re trying to get another album done on our own. This NKOTBSB thing is mostly a tour. I love these guys though. Jordan, Jonathan and I are really close. You’ll have to get to know them because they are really good song writers.”
“Oh awesome,”
“Hey we’re going to have a party tonight for our tour. Do you and your Dad want to tag along?” I asked her.
“Only if we don’t interfere.”
“Oh you won’t interfere don’t worry. It’ll be heaps of fun. It’s like a promotional party.”
“I’ll ask Dad when he comes back. Remember I’m only eighteen so I can’t drink alcohol here.”
“Can you drink in Australia?”
“Oh yeah, eighteen is the legal drinking age.”
“I’m sure if we didn’t really tell anyone you could get away with it.”
“I don’t look eighteen though. I look about fifteen. I always got asked for my ID back home.”
“Ah okay.”
“Nothing wrong with soft drink though. I’m a bit of a Cola addict.”
“OH don’t worry we all are too! You’ll quickly learn that in this business, caffiene is your best friend. Learn very quickly what your favourite coffee order is because we drink about three cups of coffee a day!”
“Oh wow okay. I know I relied on coffee heaps when I was doing my HSC but that was only to get me through the night when I had a huge assignment due.”
“Well you’ll find we have many late nights in the studio especially before a deadline, just finishing things off.”
“So where are we mainly recording?” she asked.
“Well here, Sweden with Max Martin, Sydney with Brian McFadden and Delta Goodrem and LA.”
“What do you mean I’m recording with Brian and Delta? That’s my biggest dream ever!”
“Well your Dad told me who your influences were so I organised it.”
“I’ll be able to show you around Sydney too!”
“Sydney is one of my all time favourite cities. Melbourne is my favourite. Where did you live in Sydney? Like what suburb?”
“Oh we were in Bondi so nice and close to the beach.”
“Bondi hey? The most over rated beach in the world.”
“Yeah pretty much. I used to go down to Manly instead it’s so much better. Everyone only goes to Bondi now for a perve on the lifeguards.”
“Oh yeah that Bondi Resuce show. We have it on cable over here.”
“I was a lifeguard back home at a water park” she smiled.
“Really? That’s so cool.”

 

Brian poked his head out of the door to the recording booth and said, “Nick, we need you in to do your part.”
“Alright, I’ll be back in a minute. Brian, keep Taylor Company for me.”
“I have to stay in here. We’re doing the harmonies now.”
“I’ll be fine Nick, I’ll just sit and watch the masters at work. I might learn something.”
“That’s my girl,” I smiled and chuckled.

 

“Nick, she’s a nice girl.” Donnie said
“Yeah, very talented too man. You should see the videos of her acting and dancing as well as singing. She’s pretty impressive.”
“Did you ask her to the party tonight?” Jordan asked.
“I sure did and I told her to ask her Dad too.”

 

To be honest, I thought Taylor was really, really beautiful. She seemed like such a lovely down to earth girl. The only problem, she was twelve years younger than me. Sure she’s legal but I’m sort of like her boss. It’d be like taking advantage of my position.

Taylor’s Point of View

While Nick was in recording with the boys, I had a glance at my phone. There was a text from Dad.

Hey little darlin’ how’s things going there? I’ll come and get you at 2 and take you for lunch. I’m just at the apartment. Your stuff arrived. Love you.

 

Hey Pappa Bear, things are great here. We got invited to a party with the boys tonight. Keen? 2 sounds good. So in like 15 minutes? Time seems to have flown. I’m going to kill you for buying that apartment, I swear!

 

I won’t go to the party but you’re more than welcome to. I’ll be there in five. What are you doing?

The boys are recording, I’m just watching. I finished all the paper work ages ago. Nick and I have just been talking about where I’m recording and who with and stuff like that. Why don’t you want to come?

 

I just have something else planned. I’m two minutes away. Can you wait out the front?

I grabbed a piece of paper nearby and wrote a note to Nick.

 

Sorry I had to go, Dad wanted me to wait out the front. My mobile is 0431185738, call me with details for tonight. Meeting you was heaps of fun xx Taylor. 

Chapter End Notes:

pretty please review yes? xx