- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

so here's the next chapter. it starts off as Taylor's POV

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Arial; panose-1:2 11 6 4 2 2 2 2 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Arial; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-font-family:Arial; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:EN-GB;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

About two hours later, I got a text message from a number I didn’t know.

Hey Taylor, it’s Nick. What’s the address of your hotel? I’ll pick you up at 7. Wear a nice dress please (: xx Nick.

 

Dad and I were at the apartment putting all my belongings away and just making it feel homey.

 

Hey Nick, Well I’m staying at my apartment now. The adress is Unit 6/45 Farrier Place SoHo. I’ll get prettied up, don’t worry hot shot :)

 

“Who was that?” Dad asked.
“Nick, just asking for the address. Listen Dad, I’m going to go out for an hour and buy some nice clothes for tonight and a new phone too so I’m not spending all your money.”
“No, here sweetheart. Take my card. It’s on me.” Dad replied, pulling his wallet from the pocket of his jeans.
“No Pa, I saved up my money for this sort of thing. I’ll be back later okay? Can I have the apartment key?”
“It’s on the bench over there. What time is Nick picking you up?”
“At seven. Dad, is it wrong that I’m actually starting to get really excited now?”
“No not at all little darlin’ just remember you have to make a good impression tonight. It’ll be good networking.”
“Ah huh. Anyway, I’ll see you later Pappa Bear.” I replied as I grabbed my handbag and the key and walked out of the apartment and downstairs into the crisp December New York air.

 

I caught a cab into Central New York and had a look around the shops. I window shopped at Chanel and Burberry, dreaming of what could be one day. I sighed and looked down and continued walking. I wasn’t looking where I was going and I bumped into someone. I looked up to apologise. I looked into a pair of familiar blue eyes.

 

“Oh hey Nick. Sorry, I wasn’t looking where I was going.” I replied.

“It’s fine Taylor. What are you up to?”
“Well I am out finding a dress for tonight but I’m also dreaming of what could be one day, wearing Chanel and Burberry. What are you up to?” I asked
“Killing time. Can I come with you to look for your dress? Get to know you better?” Nick asked.
“Yeah sure, I could use some company. Do you know any nice shops that sell nice, cheap dresses?”
“I’ll buy you whatever dress you like. From whatever shop you like. Just say the word and it’s yours.”
“Oh no Nick, it’s fine. I’ve saved up money for things like this. I just need a nice simple dress. I’ll find some good jewlerry in my jewlerry box at home and match it with it and make it look amazing.”
“Are you sure? I’m more than happy to buy it for you.”
“Yeah I’m sure Nick. I’m a simple girl anyway.”

 

We came across a Sass and Bide shop, back home that was my all time favourite shop. I took Nick’s hand and dragged him in.

 

“What are we doing in here?” Nick asked.
“This is my all time favourite shop. Hey does my dress have to be long?”
“Nah, it can be a short one. It’s not a prom.”
“Awesome!”

 

Nick stood around while I searched for a dress, you know after having a crush on Nick Carter since I was five, it was actually really cool to be working with him and hanging out with him. He was so nice and he was incredibly attractive. Not like the guys back home. Sure there were some good looking boys I went to school with and some boys from the private schools who I dated but Nick seemed like such a gentleman and he was so welcoming to me in the studio and inviting me to a party!

 

I found the cutest dress, it was a black, white and orange holter and it was on sale too which was even better. I went into the change room to try it on. I looked in the mirror, and it looked pretty much perfect. I walked out of the change room to show Nick.

 

“Psst, Nick!” I called out.

He turned around and smiled and gave me the thumbs up.

“I like it!” he replied as he walked over to me.

“So get this one?”
“Yep, that’s the one.”

 

I went back into the change room and changed back then met Nick out by the counter.

“Now are you sure you don’t want me to get this for you?”
“Yes Nick. It’s all good.” I smiled.

 

“So where to now?” Nick asked once I had paid for my dress and we were out the front of the shop.
“Do you want to go and grab a coffee?” I asked.
“Yeah sure. I’ll take you to my favourite coffee place.”

 

“So do you have a boyfriend back home?” Nick asked.
“I hooked up with guys, never past first base though. I had a rep to uphold back home. News travels fast in Sydney.”
“Oh.”
“Yeah, virgin.” I sighed “And I’m about to start a music career. What does that say about me?”
“It means you respect yourself and we need more people like you in this industry.”

“I guess. To be honest, I’m too scared to get my heart broken. I’ve seen what happens when you get your heartbroken with my Dad and with my friends back home.”
“Sweetheart,” Nick said putting his arm over my shoulder as we walked, “Heartbreak is part of growing up. No matter how hard it is. It has to happen sometime.”
“Why can’t I just find the perfect guy, fall for him and live happily ever after?”
“Because that little darling is called a Disney movie.”

 

We walked in silence the rest of the way to a Starbucks just of Times Square.

“What would you like?” Nick asked me.
“I’ll get mine.” I replied.

“No, this one is mine kiddo.”

I sighed, “Just a Chocolate Frappachino thanks.”
“Alright.”

 

I went over and found a seat in a booth at the back of the coffee shop. I got my phone from my handbag and saw a text from Dad.

 

Hey Sweetheart, I’ve gone out to meet some old work mates. Have some dinner before you go out. There’s a number for pizza or chinese food on the bench and some money to pay for it. Have fun tonight. Call me if you need anything.

 

Nick came over with my drink and sat down.

“So Taylor. Are you looking forward to tonight?”
“I actually am. I am normally not a party person, which is hard to believe if you know my family. I’m normally pretty shy around people I don’t know.”
“You seemed to be okay this morning.”
“That’s different. I feel like I’ve known you guys for years because I grew up listening to your music. If that doesn’t sound creepy.”
“No, it doesn’t sound creepy.”

Two hours later, we had lost track of time. Nick looked at his watch.

“Do you want to come back to mine and get changed?” Nick asked, “It’s six thirty.”

“I still have my make up and shoes at home. I’ll catch a cab to the venue. It’s okay.”
“Are you sure?”
“I’ll be fine. Just give me the address.”
“Alright.”

Nick teared off a bit of a napkin and I handed him a pen from my bag. He wrote down the adress and passed it back to me.

“Call me when you get there okay? I’ll come and find you.”
“Alright. And thanks for the coffee Nick. I appreciate it.”
“No worries darlin. I’m looking forward to tonight.”

 

I caught a cab back to the apartment and quickly had a shower and did my make up and got ready for the party. Once I was ready, I looked myself over in the mirror one more time and took a photo on my phone. I sent it to a few of my friends back home; Alice, Gemma, Xavier, Brodie and Tom.

 

Hey guys, first party! How do I look? Miss you all heaps. Tom, can you call me later please? x

 

I searched through my suticases to find a black clutch and I finally found the perfect one. I put my phone in, my wallet, the apartment key and a bit of make up just in case. I called a cab and waited out the front. Only to find, Nick standing out the front, dressed in a pair of black dress pants and a pink dress shirt and black sports jacket.

 

“What are you doing here? I just called a cab.”
“I thought you might need a lift.”
“You’ll be late. It’s already quarter past seven.”
“I’ll be fine. I called Brian and told him what happened. Come on let’s go chickee.”

 

We got into the car that was waiting for us and we were driven to the venue.

When we got out, there were cameras every where.

“Okay Tay, the first test for you. Paparazzi. Just take my hand and we’ll get through without any trouble.” Nick whispered as we got out of the car.

 

The night started quite slowly with all the formalities, welcomes, dinner and then finally the party actually started. I was standing talking to Donnie while Nick was with Brian, Howie and AJ talking to some record label people.

 

“So Taylor, Nick seems to look at you with adoring eyes.”
“He’s pretty much my boss Donnie and I’m twelve years younger than him.” I replied with a tone of sadness in my voice.
“You know in this industry it means pretty much nothing. Make a move.”
“Donnie, if he wants to make a move he can make a move. I don’t want to do the wrong thing. I’m not exactly an expert when it comes to romance.”
“Well, I’ll tell him.”

“If this goes wrong I’m blaming you Donnie.”
“What are you blaming Donnie for?” I heard a voice say behind me. I turned around to see Nick behind me.

“Nothing Nick, don’t worry about it.” I replied and walked away. I found Brian sitting talking to his wife and his young son who I hadn’t met.

 

“Hey Brian.”
“Hey Tay. This is my wife Leighanne and my son Baylee. This is Taylor, who Nick signed to his label.” Brian said as he introduced me to his wife and his son.

“It’s so nice to meet you. We have heard so much about your talent from Nick.” Leighanne said.
“Oh really. I hope it’s all good.”
“Of course. Are you getting up and singing tonight? Leighanne asked.
“Only if Nick asks me to.”

“I’m sure he will.”

“Anyway, I better go over and talk to Jordan and Jonathan. Nick told me I should. It was nice to meet you guys.”
“No problem Taylor. Have fun.”

 

Nick’s Point of View.

“Dude, you should totally hook up with her.” Donnie told me.

“Who man?” I asked as I saw Taylor talking to Brian on the opposite side of the room.

“Taylor! She so likes you. She won’t make a move unless you do. You so like her. It’s obvious.”
“I’ve known her for one day.”
“So, it’s a party. Hook up with her.”

“She’s so naïve.”
“So, that’s when they’re best.”
“She’ll expect a relationship out of it.”
“So, don’t you want a relationship?”
“I do, just it seems like I’d be taking advantage of being her boss.”
“Mate, you’re the owner of the record label she’s been signed to and you’re writing with her. Doesn’t exactly make you her boss. You’re a work mate.”

“She’s eighteen. I’m thirty.”
“Nick, nobody will care. The press will care for five minutes then it will blow over. You’ve been depressed about Lauren for three months too long. Come on. You two will be good together.”

“I guess it’s worth a shot.”
“Take her out onto the balcony.” Donnie suggested.

“If this goes bad, you’re taking the blame.”

“As usual.” Donnie replied evily.

 

I went over to find Taylor with Brian but she wasn’t there. He told me to go and see Jordan and Jon. So I did and I saw Taylor standing there talking to them. I put my arms around her waist.

“Hey Taylor, come out side with me for a second.”

“I’m just talking to Jordan and Jonathan.”
“We’ll be here when you get back.” Jordan reassured her.

I took Taylor’s hand and lead her out to a balcony that was deserted.

 

“What are we doing out here?” she asked.

“This,” I replied as I put my arms around her wasit and lent in…

Chapter End Notes:

so i got told the pace was too slow... and plus i wanted to get into it!! here begins the roller coaster!! please review :)