- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

sorry for the delay. i have had three big assessment pieces in the past two weeks i have needed to finish. Year 12 is a bitch. Anyway, here's another chapter now i have finished two of the three assignments. Oh and just so you know... I HATE HAMLET! haha 

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Arial; panose-1:2 11 6 4 2 2 2 2 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Arial; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-font-family:Arial; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:EN-GB;} h1 {mso-style-link:"Heading 1 Char"; mso-style-next:Normal; margin-top:12.0pt; margin-right:0cm; margin-bottom:3.0pt; margin-left:0cm; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; page-break-after:avoid; mso-outline-level:1; font-size:16.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-font-kerning:16.0pt; mso-ansi-language:EN-GB; mso-bidi-font-weight:bold;} span.Heading1Char {mso-style-name:"Heading 1 Char"; mso-style-locked:yes; mso-style-link:"Heading 1"; mso-ansi-font-size:16.0pt; mso-bidi-font-size:16.0pt; font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-font-kerning:16.0pt; mso-ansi-language:EN-GB; font-weight:bold;} @page Section1 {size:612.0pt 792.0pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:36.0pt; mso-footer-margin:36.0pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

Taylor’s Point of View

Nick took me outside to a balcony, which overlooked New York City. The nightlife was bustling. Times Square was full of people.

 

Nick put his arms around my wait and leant in and his lips connected with mine. I felt something in that moment. Something I had never felt before. Sure I had kissed my guy friends Xavier, Tom and Brodie before but that was at parties. I will admit I did have a thing for Tom for a while but we had grown up together since we were about three years old. I never wanted to pursue it either because I knew it would ruin everything. I could tell Tom absolutely anything.

Something felt right in this moment with Nick it was like something changed. I didn’t feel like a little girl. I don’t know why. It must be the fact I’m kissing an older guy.

 

Nick pulled away.

“Wow that was amazing.” I sighed with a smile.

“Yeah, it was.”

“So…” I said quietly, not really sure where this left us.

“Okay so I know we’ve known each other for like a day but you know maybe we could give a relationship a chance?” Nick replied with a tone of expectation in his voice.
“I’d probably be horrible in a relationship. I’m horrible at sharing how I feel.”
“So you’ll learn. We’ll both learn. I’ll learn to move slowly and try and keep it professional as well.”

“What will the press say? You’re dating an eighteen year old?”
“They’ll live. What do you think about it?”
“I’m not exactly looking forward to telling my Dad about this.”
“Well we’ll just keep it quiet for a while.”

“I guess let’s go for it then.” I smiled. Nick kissed my forehead.

“Let’s go for it.” He said before he went back inside

 

This felt surreal, I was now the girlfriend of one of the most famous singers of the 90s. I was now the girlfriend of the guy I had a childhood crush on.

 

I went inside to the table where my clutch was and I pulled out my phone to see a text from Tom

 

I’ll call you later, hope you’re having fun! I’m already saving up to come and visit you. You’ve been gone 4 days and I miss you already xo Tommy

 

I just kissed Nick Carter, what the hell?

 

You did what? Isn’t he your boss?

 

Why do you think I’m freaking out?

 

“What are you doing?” Nick asked as he came up behind me.
“I just got a text from one of my friends back home.”
“Do you want a drink?” Nick asked.
“Age limit remember?”
“They won’t mind. You blend in as over twenty-one.”

“Oh alright. Can I have a Rasberry Crusier?”

“I’ll be back in a minute.”

“I’m going to go back and talk to Jordan and Jon.”
“I’ll find you.”

I went over to Jordan and Jon who were now talking to Howie.

“Are you having fun Taylor?” Howie asked.
“Yeah, it’s a great party. I never thought there’d be this many celebrities in the one room.” I replied.
“We’ll introduce you to some. Come on!” Jordan said.

“Are you sure? I don’t want to interrupt the conversation you guys are having.”
“No, we’re just talking about boring tour things.” Howie replied.

“Oh okay, come on!”

 

They took me over to where Nick, Joe and Kevin Jonas were standing talking amongst each other.

“Hey guys,” Jordan said to them.
“Oh hey Howie, Jordan and Jon and uhh..” Joe replied
“Oh I’m Taylor.” I replied

“Where are you from? You have a mad accent.” Kevin asked.
“Australia. I moved here three days ago. I just signed to Nick Carter’s record label.”
“Oh wait, you’re Taylor Stefanovic?” Nick Jonas asked
“Yeah, how do you know that?”
“Your Dad spoke to my Dad and I about you joining our label. We couldn’t afford to take you on, sorry plus your music is more suited to Nick Carter’s label anyway. But I’d love to write with you” Nick Jonas said.

 

Okay that hurt a little, I had been a fan of Nick Jonas’ for a while. Did he have to be so honest about why he didn’t sign me to his label? Writing with Nick Jonas would be good but if he’s going to be that much of a snob, why should I bother?

 

“You’d have to talk to Nick, but I’m sure he could organise it.” I replied.
“Awesome. Are you enjoying America so far?” Nick asked.
“It’s a lot of fun, yeah. I hung out with the guys at the studio today which was a highlight.” I said, then I felt a hand on my back. I turned around and there was Nick standing there with a Crusier in hand.

“Oh hey guys, how’s it going?” Nick asked the Jonas boys.

“Yeah good thanks Nick, we hear you signed Taylor here.” Joe replied.
“I sure did man, and she’s pretty awesome. Do you mind if I steal Taylor for a minute?”
“Nah not at all. It was great to meet you Taylor.” The boys said.
“Yeah, you too. Have a great night.”

 

Nick and I walked away, “What?” I asked.
“Here’s your drink.”
“Thanks…”
“I couldn’t give it to you with Nick Jonas there, he’s the same age as you.”
“Ah okay.”


“Hey do you want to sing for everyone, seeing as you were introduced as the headlining act and all?” Nick asked after I had finished my drink.

“I haven’t really rehearsed anything. But is there a guitar somewhere?” I asked.
“Yeah Brian bought his.”

“Oh alright, I’ll do it.” I sighed.

 

I went over to Brian to ask if I was allowed to use his guitar.

“Brian, sorry to interrupt, but am I allowed to borrow your guitar? I didn’t realise I was meant to sing tonight.”
“Yeah of course, Nick knows where it is.”
“Thanks, I owe you one.”
“It’s fine. I’m looking forward to hearing you!”

 

I went back over to where Nick was by the stage at the front of the room. He was setting up the microphone and Brian’s guitar to the amplifer.

“Go and warm up hey?” he said.
“Alright, I’ll be back in a minute. I’ll go outside.”

 

As I warmed up outside, I pondered quickly over which song I should do and I decided on the favourite song I had written and wanted to put on my album, Angel With Devil Wings. I had played it so much on my guitar that it was almost like second nature.

 

I went back inside and Nick was talking to Brian about something.

“Nick, I’m ready to go!” I replied excited. I have to admit performing in front of a crowd does give me a huge buzz. I was on a bit of a high from the Cruiser I had finished too.

“Alright, let’s do this thing.” Nick said with an upbeat tone of voice.

 

Nick got up on the stage and spoke into the microphone.

“Hey everyone, now I want to introduce to you, a young woman who I have just signed to my record label and who is touring with us this year. This is Taylor Stefanovic.” He said and pointed to me and gestured for me to go to the microphone.

 

“Hi everyone, so as Nick said, my name is Taylor. I’m from Sydney Australia. I have just finished high school and I am so honoured to be touring the NKOTBSB this year and release an album. So tonight I’ll perform for you, one of the songs I have written. This is called Angel With Devil Wings, it’s about my experiences back home with one of my best friends. I hope you enjoy.”

 

You came down, you looked around
You came down to the water.
Took your shoes off and you waited
then you walked a little farther.
Teach you how to cry up there but you failed
Teach you how to lie up there through the mail,
You’re an angel with devil wings.
You’re an angel with devil wings.
Hey.

 

You say one day, you’ll fly away from here
Suddenly you change your mind and you stay
You’re eyes but the black wings tell me otherwise
Innocent face with a dirty mind.

You’re an angel with devil wings.
You’re an angel with devil wings
Hey

 

Visit when you calm down
Don’t say goodbye when you leave
Go back to all the things that you despise
Rally what you believe to say please

 

You came down you looked around
You came down to the water
Took your shoes off and you waited
Then you walked a little farther.

The whole room burst into applause. I smiled the biggest smile I have ever smiled in my life.

“Thanks guys, I hope you liked it.”

 

I went off stage and put Brian’s guitar away and went over to where Nick was talking with Brian, Donnie and Jordan.

 

“Did I do okay?” I asked.
“That was incredible Taylor! How were you not signed until now?” Donnie asked.
“I wanted to finish year twelve then I would at least have a full high school education if this didn’t work out and I’d be able to go to uni and get a music degree or something.”
“Well girl, you will definitely get a long stable career out of this if you keep your voice up cause damn you are incredible.” Nick replied.

“Thanks, so what’s the plan for the rest of the night?” I asked.
“Well, we leave here in half an hour and I’ll drop you home.”

“Alright,” I replied

“Unless you want to come back to mine and watch some DVDs?” Nick asked.
“I’ll text Dad and ask if I can. I’ll need pyjamas though cause I’ll probably fall asleep.”
“I have a shirt you can wear.”

“Sweet. Let me just check with Dad.” I replied.

 

I went over to where I left my clutch and got my phone out. There was a text from Dad.

 

Hey sweetie, hope the party is fun. Come home whenever. What’s your plan?

Hey Dad, I’m going to go to Nick’s and watch some DVDs. I won’t be home til the morning okay? Hope you had a great night, I sure have. X

Have fun baby. See you in the morning.

 

Nick and I said goodbye to everyone and we caught a limo to his place. We arrived at a town house in Manhattan and Nick let me inside.

“So did you have fun tonight?” he asked as he took me up to his room to get a shirt to wear.

“It was amazing, thank you so much for inviting me.” I replied as he passed me a black t-shirt and a pair of trackpants. He grabbed the doona and two pillows off his bed and took them downstairs so I could get into the clothes he had given me.

 

When I went downstairs, I saw Nick with two mattresses set up on the TV room floor and popcorn and soft drink on a coffee table. He had unbuttoned the dress shirt he was wearing and he had obviously taken a pair of basketball shorts and changed while I was upstairs.

 

“Looking good Taylor! So what movie do you want to see?” he asked as we sat on the mattresses. He passed me a stack of five DVDs ranging from Valentine’s Day, Braveheart, Romeo and Juliet, Mission Impossible and Australia.

“Can we watch Romeo and Juliet?” I asked “But only if you don’t mind.”
“I love that movie!”

So I snuggled under the doona as Nick put on the DVD then got up and turned off all the lights. As we watched the movie, we snuggled and I think I fell asleep eventually. Just after Romeo and Juliet made love to each other. In that scene, Nick kissed me, more passionate than he had on the balcony in town.

I pulled away, “You know we’re sort of like Romeo and Juliet.”
“You’re just as and even more beautiful than her. You’re my Juliet and I’m your Romeo.” Nick whispered quietly in my ear then I closed my eyes as I snuggled in close to him and fell asleep. I fell asleep as the happiest girl in the world that night.

Chapter End Notes:

i hope you enjoyed :) please review xxx