- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

sorry this took forever to update, year 12 is getting to me. there is like no time anymore and if i have time i always have new story ideas. anyway here's the next chapter of electricity. I also updated Chains the other day so check that out if you're a fan of it :)
By the way, this is Karl if you're wondering who he is. I think he is awesome 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAuYlRP4M0A&feature=bf_next&list=LLOlSpSjeu2yE&index=9

 

I woke up the next morning to find Nick wasn’t next to me. However, I could smell bacon being fried. I rolled off the mattress and stood up. I went into the kitchen to find Nick making breakfast.

“Morning.” I said as his back was facing me. He had no shirt on and just a pair of boxers.

“Oh hey gorgeous. Sleep well?”
“Yeah I did, thanks. What about you?”
“Yeah really good thanks. Are you hungry?”

“Yeah, starving.” I sighed.

“Come here.” He smiled.

I went over to where he stood by the stove. He wrapped his arms around my waist and lent down and kissed me softly.

“So what are your plans for today?” he asked when he pulled away.

“Well I have to go home, see Dad and have a nap. Then I was hoping I could find a little writing time. What about you?”
“I have studio time with the guys today from midday then just watching TV tonight. If you like you can come over and we can do some writing. I’ll be home by eight. We can order some take out and just write.”
“That sounds good.”

 

After breakfast, Nick drove me back to the apartment. I thanked him and went inside, to find Dad sound asleep on the couch, the TV still on. I smiled at him and tuned off the TV and went into my room and changed into my pyjamas and had a sleep for I have no idea how long. Dad waked me in the mid afternoon.

 

“Tay-Tay, come on get up.”
“I’m tired. We didn’t go to bed until like three this morning.”
“Well it’s three in the afternoon. Let’s go out and grab something to eat.”
“Ugh fine. I’m going over to Nick’s tonight at about eight to do some writing.”
“Okay, come on lazy butt, out of bed.”

 

Dad and I went to a Sushi Train and sat talking about the party I had been to the night before.
“So who was there?”
“Well the Jonas Brothers, the New Kids and some other people I didn’t really know. I had a chat with the Jonas Brothers but they were quite rude about why they didn’t sign me.”
“I wouldn’t worry about it, you have more training than they will as far as your voice goes.”
“I sang last night and people actually liked it. People who are already famous for writing music and singing, liked my music. The music I wrote myself in my own bedroom!”
“Well it is incredible heart felt music. It’s from your own experiences. Not from someone else’s. Growing up in our house has never been easy for you.” Dad replied.
“It was easy.”
“No it wasn’t Tay, I’ve seen you in the middle of the night, crying because of something Cass, Jacko or Ava said. It has been hard for you being the odd one out. I know what you used to do. Don’t think I didn’t see.”
“How come you never said anything?”
“I figured you would come to me when you were ready to say something. I was always watching Tay, don’t ever think I never made sure you didn’t take it too far.”
“I know Pa, I tried not to.”
“What made you want to do it? I know it wasn’t just the kids and Cass.”
“You know Tom and Xavier?”
“Yeah they were over all the time.”
“Well I had a thing for both of them but it was just casual flings because we didn’t want to ruin our friendships but I always felt more for them and neither of them would take it any further than just friends with benefits. So we had a bit of a falling out at one point and yeah. I didn’t cope so well.”
“I wish you would have told me.”
“I didn’t want you getting involved. You had better things to do.”
“No, Taylor you were and always will be my first priority. You know from now on that if you need me, I’ll be on the first plane over here. Anything at all.” Dad replied.
“I know.”
“So is there anything going on between you and Nick? I mean you already stayed over at his house last night and you only met him yesterday.”
“Uhm no…” I smiled.
“Oh come on Tay, spill it.”
“Okay we kissed last night and there may have been some alcohol involved on his part. I only had one cruiser.”
“He didn’t take advantage of you did he?” Dad asked.
“No he didn’t don’t worry. It was wanted on both parts. Come on Dad, I’ve had a crush on the guy since I was like five years old. I really like him. He’s really sweet.”
“Just please be careful. He’s your boss and there’s quite an age gap. I’d try going for Nick Jonas.”
“No, he’s a dick. I had a really good chat with Donnie Wahlberg last night. He’s such a cool guy, he reminds me of you. He’s got a wicked, dirty sense of humour.” I smiled.
“You know what, I think this whole America thing will be the best thing you have ever done. You’ll make it big over here, I know it.”
“I hope so cause if I make it here, I can make it pretty much anywhere.”
“You know Delta Goodrem is over here at the moment. Make sure you try and make contact with her.” Dad informed me.
“Nick said when we go to Sydney to record that I’m recording with her and Brian. So she must be travelling between.”
“He’s already set up whom you’re recording with? Wow he’s organised.”
“I know right but then again he only takes on one artist a year but apparently he’s changing that because I have so much talent.”
“Really?”
“Yeah because SOMEONE showed him my acting and dancing videos.”
“Oh come on, they were so good.”
“Well he’s going to try and get me an acting gig too.”
“That’s great just make sure it’s the right one.”
“I will Dad, don’t worry. Stop being such a worrywart. I know what I’m doing. I’m the one that went to all the theatre auditions back in high school remember?” I smiled.
“I know, I know.”

 

Once lunch was finished, we went looking around the shops and Dad bought a new suit, some dress shirts and some presents for Jackson, Ava and River and Cass. I bought a few dresses for parties and some shoes. I took Dad into the Mac Store and showed him the computer he should buy Jackson for high school next year because he was going to go to boarding school up in Brisbane at Churchie where Dad went to school.

 

That night, Dad made me his legendary Pasta before I went over to Nick’s. We were discussing the things Jackson would need for boarding school. I had no idea why Dad wanted to send him all the way to Brisbane when he was accepted into three of the most prestigious boys schools in Sydney; Knox Grammar, St Joseph’s and Riverview. I guess there’s the Old Boy tradition that Fathers like to follow with their sons.

 

I looked up at the clock and saw that it was seven-thirty. I went into my room to check my phone to find a text from Nick.

Hey sweetie, do you want me to pick you up on my way home from the studio?
It’s okay, I’ll get Dad to drop me off, I just have to help him with something for my little brother.
Okay, do you want to stay tonight?
Nah, I’ll come home later. Dad leaves in two days so I need to spend a bit of time with him. I think you need to organise to talk to him about everything though like management etc.
Text me his email and I’ll email him
karlstefanovic@nine.com.au

Thanks hun see you soon x

 

Do you need to go to Nick’s?” Dad asked as I came back out to the TV room.
“I have half an hour. I gave him your email so you two can organise a meeting to just finalise everything with each other.”
“Thanks baby.”
“And please don’t mention him and I kissing. I don’t think he was planning on you finding out just yet.”
“I won’t don’t worry darlin’ I won’t say a word.”
“Thanks Pappa bear. I’m going to get ready to go.”

 

I went back into my room and looked through my things trying to find something to wear. I eventually found a pair of skinny jeans and a plain black basic tee and Dad’s old Senior Jersey from Churchie that he gave to me when I was fifteen because I used to sneak it out of his cupboard and wear it to bed to keep warm. I went and had a shower and changed then quickly straightened my hair and tied it up in a ponytail. I know it’s sort of pointless but my hair goes curly in a ponytail if I don’t straighten it.

 

I put my acoustic guitar in its protective case, grabbed my portfolio with all the songs I was working on, my demo CD, my pencil case I use that’s full of all my music pens I like to write with (shut up I have a routine), my collection of picks and my electric guitar and its case. I put my wallet, phone, keys and iPod in my handbag along with my pencil case and folio and my favourite SLR camera so I could document the whole writing experience.

 

I put all my stuff at the door and asked Dad if he’d drop me over.

“I’m going to come in and talk to Nick okay?” he asked.
“Yeah sure whatever.” I smiled.

 

When we got to Nick’s, Dad knocked on the door for me cause my hands were full. Nick answered, dressed in a pair of jeans and an opened button shirt.

“Oh hey Karl, hey Tay. Come on in.”

“How was the studio?” I asked.
“Yeah good, just put your guitars in here.” He said referring to the music room.

I put the stuff in there and turned around to see him talking to Dad as he rebuttoned up his shirt.
I just stood and watched them talk where they couldn’t see me. Man Nick looked good in that shirt. Shut up Taylor, your Dad is just there!

Five minutes later, Dad found me sitting in the music room fiddling with my guitar and tuning it. He kissed me on the cheek and told me he’d see me later.

 

Chapter End Notes:

please review xx