- Text Size +

Nothing Like This

Chapter One - Prologue

May 26th, 2017

So today I'm celebrating 5 years of being married; sound crazy doesn't it? My first marriage couldn't even last the first year & here I am so extremely happy with the way my life has turned out. I know that some of the things in my past weren't ideal, but I know that each & every thing that happened to me has brought me to where I am today & for that I am forever grateful.

My husband, Nick, has been back in the studio with his group the Backstreet Boys. They had just celebrated their 24th anniversary as a group, & had finally decided that the time had come for a farewell tour. So they were preparing a farewell album to go along with it. Most of the fans had respected their decision when they had made the announcement that they were saying goodbye, but there were the select few fans that thought they should go on forever. Nick & the rest of the group had decided that the time was right, and they wanted to hang up their hats & spend time with their ever growing families. I respected their decision wholeheartedly.

I had also decided to put my musical career on the back burner. I'd not decided on a farewell tour or anything like that, but I was very much a family oriented person these days. Our son, Grayson, is now 6 years old. It seems like just yesterday that I held him in my arms for the first time & now here he was in first grade. He was a great little boy. He is a Carter, through & through though. There was no denying that. I knew that once he was at the age where he was into girls I'd be in for it.

The past 5 years of my life have honestly been the happiest in my life. I have the perfect husband, the perfect son, & I am so excited to see what the future holds for this Carter clan.

****

z88;

Chapter End Notes:

Please let me know what you think. :) Thank you!