- Text Size +

In addition to being a novelist I’m a professional Cuddle Freak.  If I could stay in bed 24 hours a day with someone to snuggle up to I would.  Thankfully even when I gave up on men and romance I had a best friend who was a certified Cuddle Master.  The afternoon after Kevin and I had our drunken sexual relations bash I stumbled back to Christian’s place to pick up Vinnie.  As I sobered up, the reality of what Kevin and I had done hit me smack dab in the forehead.  All of those questions that typically flooded my mind about Kevin, like if he was still married for example, came rushing back and I started to feel like a serious tramp.  One look at my face and Christian called for an afternoon of snuggling in bed with me and Vinnie.

“Alright, woman…” Christian finally said after we’d been snuggled up together for a while back at my house.  “It’s been several hours and neither one of us is hung over anymore.  It’s time to spill it… did you fuck him?”

I sighed and snuggled up closer to him, “No…”

Christian’s fingers played in my hair, “Did you get naked with him?”

“Uh huh…”

“So you were naked with a beautiful drunk man and you didn’t fuck him.”

“Basically, yes.”

Christian sighed, “Honey?”

I closed my eyes knowing exactly what his next line of questioning would be, “Hmm?”

“What’s the deal with you and him?  Are you just scared or is it something else? Cause, babe… I’m not saying that you’re typically easy to get into the sack but I just don’t get it.  Kevin is this gorgeous, sexy talented, rich, funny, amazing man who is so clearly into you as you are into him, and yet you’re keeping him at arm’s length.”  I kept quiet and squeezed my arm around him even tighter.  “Hell even Vinnie likes him… and didn’t you say that your mom predicted he’d come into your life?”

“Yeah she did… or at least his eyes…”  The mentioning of Kevin’s eyes made me think of the things we’d done the night before and the way those eyes had looked at me.  I shivered and pulled the covers tighter around us.  “I do like him, Chris.  I just don’t know…”

“Don’t know what?”

“What he wants… Or at least what he…” I sighed unable to put into words what I really wanted to say.  “What’s he doing here?”

“You mean aside from rolling around naked in bed with you?”

I tried not to laugh but failed and opened my eyes again, “Shut up.  I mean why is he staying in Ro’s place?  And what happens at the end of the summer when Ro is back?”

“So in other words… what about his wife, right?”

“Exactly…”

I sighed again and Christian kissed my forehead.  ”That’s the real question, right?  The one that everything hangs on and the reason you’re here with me being all mopey instead of hanging out in bed with Kevin…”

“Mmm hmm…”

“There’s always Google…”

“We made a promise… no Googling.”

“Well then have you thought about just asking him?”

“Of course I have, Chris.  I just… I don’t know if I really want to know…”

“Okay let me play Devil’s Advocate… If you found out that he is still married, what happens?”

“I cut him off totally.  No more friendship, no flirting, nothing… I won’t be his mistress.”

“I’ve always preferred the word homewrecker over mistress… cause a mistress can be a good thing in the sense of S and M kind of shit…” Christian said and I laughed.  “But okay… second case scenario… You find out that he’s still married but he’s separated from her and is for sure getting a divorce.”

“Like the divorce is pending and he’s the one who asked for it?” I clarified.

“Yup…”

I thought about it for a moment and shrugged, “Then I guess it’s okay.  I just wouldn’t want to have that whole ‘Oh baby I swear I’m going to leave my wife for you someday…’ bullshit.  I’d probably hold things off until I knew for sure that he was divorced.”

“So if he’s separated but not pending a divorce then you kick him to the curb?”

I nodded, “Yeah.  Cause with my luck he’d spend the summer with me, I’d fall for him and then he’d go back to her and leave me with a broken heart.”

“Gosh, Kel… you’re sooo positive!” Christian said with a chuckle.  I rolled my eyes even though he couldn’t see it.  “I understand though… Sexy Kev comes swaggering in looking all hot and gets you all turned on wanting to end the ban on romance but it’s hard to tell if he’s being a man-whore or not.”

I laughed and lifted my head to look at him, “Do you know how much I love you?”

“Of course…”

I smiled, “Good…”  I kissed him them put my head back down on his chest.

“So let me ask you this… Let’s say we’re chillin’ here this afternoon and Mr. Hotness calls or shows up at the door with a raging hard on and a box of condoms.  What do you do?”

I laughed again, “I’m not giving up the goods until I know for sure if he’s still married or not.”

“And what exactly do you call what you gave up last night?” Christian asked laughing.

“Hey…” I said and smacked his chest.  “I didn’t give it all up… we did not fuck…”

“Did you suck his dick?”

“Maybe…”

“Did he suck your dick?”  Christian laughed and automatically shielded himself from the smack he knew he was going to get. 

“Maybe…”

“Did you both come?”

“Yuh huh…”

“More than twice each?”

I shivered again, “Yeah.”

“So basically you did everything but have actual sex…”

“Uh huh…”

“Um, babe?”

“Oh shut up, Christian!”  I pushed him away and rolled over to snuggle with Vinnie.  “I know there’s not much left to give up, but it’s a big deal to me.  I’ve never fucked anyone that I wasn’t dating.”

“What about the guy you screwed at that wedding last summer?”

I rolled my eyes again, “He was an ex boyfriend.”

“So he doesn’t count…”

“No, he doesn’t.”

“You’ve never had random sex with a stranger?  No one night stands?”

“No.”

“So what you did with Kevin last night…”

“Right…” I said and sighed.  “I’ve never done anything like that with someone who I wasn’t dating.”

“Oh baby…” Christian rolled to his side and spooned up against me wrapping me in a hug, “I hope he’s divorced or will be soon.”

“Me too.”

“And if it turns out that he’s still married, we’ll get Josef to give him food poisoning then we’ll kick his ass.”  We laughed together and Christian kissed my cheek, “I really do hope he’s a good guy though.  You deserve one, and I certainly would enjoy living vicariously through your sex life with him.”

I nodded and rolled back over to face Christian and snuggle up to him again, “I’d love to give that to you too.”

We snuggled in silence for a few minutes and then Christian laughed, “Is it big?”

“Is what big?” I asked, totally confused… I thought maybe I’d drifted off to sleep and missed part of a conversation.

“His cock!”

“Oh…” I chuckled, “Yeah it is…”

“Like normal big or really big?”

“Porn star big…” I said and then cracked up when Christian moaned.  “I’m kidding… but yeah, he’s well endowed.  Well. Well. Endowed.”

“Biggest you’ve ever had?”

“Biggest I’ve ever not had…” I said and laughed. 

“Seriously?”

“Yeah…”

“And I bet it’s not a weird shape or anything is it?  He’s fucking perfect from head to toe, isn’t he?”

“Pretty much… “

“God you suck…” he said and laughed.

I laughed again, “Yeah I do… and he really, really likes it.”