- Text Size +

Kevin didn’t show up on my doorstep with a raging hard on and a box of condoms like Christian predicted.  He did however call me later that night after Christian had gone back home to Josef.  I was still in bed with Vinnie, the blankets pulled up to my neck as I pondered what Kevin’s real story was.  I made up one scenario after another and each one got crazier as I put more thought into it. When the phone rang I looked at the Caller ID and smiled at Kevin’s number staring at me from the small screen.

“I was just thinking about you…” I said into the phone after pushing the Talk button.

“Funny, I was thinking about you…”

“So what were you thinking about me?” I asked and threw some of the blankets off of me, suddenly feeling warmer.

I swear Kevin’s already low voice dropped a few octaves, “How good your skin feels against mine…”

My eyes fluttered shut and I fanned myself with my hand.  Hot.  So hot.  “You’re dirty…”

“You like it though…” he said and I could almost hear the smirk on his face through the phone.

“True, but you’re still dirty.”

“So tell me what you were thinking about me…”

I laughed, “You want the truth?”

“Of course…”

I laughed again and shook my head, “I was wondering if you own a pair of fuzzy slippers.”

“What?” he asked and cracked up.

“You wanted the truth… that’s what I was thinking of.  I was wondering if you typically wear pajamas to bed or if you just lay there buck naked and then I started imagining what your pajamas look like…”

“And you decided that they included fuzzy slippers?”  His amused voice was nearly as sexy as his deep bedroom voice.

“Yeah… Red ones, to go with the Superman pajamas…” I said and giggled.

“Do I at least have a cape?”

I giggled, “It’s detachable… you can’t wear a cape to bed safely.”

“You are by far the most interesting person I’ve ever known…”

“Yeah, yeah… You should see me in my Wonder Woman pajamas…” I teased.

“I’d love to…”  He used that damn sex voice again and I was fanning myself again.

“So what are you doing, other than thinking of my skin and being dirty?”

“Not much else really,” he said and laughed at himself.

“Exciting evening, huh?”

“Actually I finished reading your book earlier.  You have an amazing gift with words.”

Blushing.  Totally blushing over the phone.  “Um, thanks.”

“You really suck at taking compliments…” he said and chuckled.

“Oh shut up…” I laughed.

“Seriously… it was a beautiful book.  I totally cried like a baby at the end.”

“Really?”

“Yup.”

“You cried?  Like really cried?”

“Yeah…”

“You mean you got choked up…”

“No, I mean I cried real tears and had to get a Kleenex and everything.  I cried.”

“Wow…” 

“Surely I’m not the first person to tell you that they cried reading the book…”

“Well no… Just… I don’t know, I guess I didn’t expect you to be a crier.”

“I’m a big sap.  The fellas used to tease me because I’d get choked up over the way the fans reacted to meeting us.”

I smiled, “The fellas… you mean Backstreet?”

“Yeah…”

“Do you miss them?”

“Every day… but I talk to all of them pretty regularly.  I’ve been trying to get them to come visit me down here.  They’re on a hiatus so hopefully one of them will get their ass over here.  AJ’s mom still lives in Kissimmee so I keep telling him that he could visit both of us with one trip.”

“Where’s he live?”

“He’s out in LA.  Nick too.  Howie’s sort of all over the place but he just got married so his wife is trying to get him to figure out where the hell he wants to live…” Kevin laughed and I found myself grinning like a fool.  He was telling me personal stuff and it was flowing out of his mouth so easily, I loved it.  “Brian’s in Georgia right outside of Atlanta.  If anyone comes to visit it’ll probably be him.  I’ve been trying to taunt him with the beach because his little boy loves the water.”

“Aww… that would be fun.  If you do get him to come visit you’re welcome to use my place… my beach is a little more secluded than the one at the condo.”

“I’ll keep that in mind… thank you.”

“No problem…”

“So uh… back to your skin…”

“Nice transition…” I said and rolled my eyes.

“You’re the one who has the gift with words, I’m just a singer…”

“You gunna start singing about my body?”

“I could…”

Yeah and if he did I’d probably melt into a puddle of goo.  “Anyway… What about my skin?”

“I miss it.”

“Aww… you’ve gone a whole like eight hours without seeing me, you poor baby.”

“Exactly…”

“You sound like you’ve got it pretty bad, Richardson.”

“Pretty much… I think maybe you need to see what my pajamas really look like.”

I smiled, “But if you’ve got on your pj’s then how are you going to feel my skin?”  I honestly couldn’t believe how brazen I got when I was around Kevin.  One minute I’m freaking out because I’m worried that he’s still married and I’m just his whore, the next I’m making comments about him feeling my skin.  I slapped my hand to my forehead and closed my eyes.

“I don’t have to wear them… I can just show them to you.”

Fanning again.  I wanted to dare him so badly to show up naked at my front door but I figured he was probably crazy enough to do it, or maybe just horny enough.  “Well I’m already in my pj’s so if you want to play Show and Tell you’ll have to come over here.”

“I can do that…”

“Bring ice cream with you… there’s a little convenience store between your place and mine, they’ve got ice cream.”

Kevin laughed, “What kind do you want?”

“Ben and Jerry’s… any flavor, they’re all good.  I just want ice cream.”

“Anything else?”

“Just a sexy guy in his fuzzy slippers…” I chuckled.

“I’ll be there in fifteen minutes."