- Text Size +

You know how when you first start having sex with someone and it’s all you can think of?  That’s pretty much how I was once I’d been properly fed lunch on our Shopping Extravaganza and AJ and Christian started talking about shoes.  I knew I needed shoes and I knew I wanted shoes, but the only thing I could think of was getting back to Kevin.  Call me crazy, but all I wanted to do was be with my ultra sexy man-friend, buck naked, and doing the horizontal mambo.  Not even super sexy pumps were thrilling me like they usually did because let’s face it… who needs sexy pumps when you’ve already got the man at home waiting for you?  We’d leave the dressing up and all that kinky shit for later when things needed spicing up, but there was no immediate need for any extra spices at this point because we were just tasty as is.  I did somehow manage to find a perfect pair of shoes that I would someday hopefully be a part of a really dirty sexcapade with Kevin, and then with many hugs and kisses to AJ, Christian and I were on the road back to Daytona and back to my Kevin.

Since Christian drove, I used the commute back home to get caught up on phone calls I’d missed while I was sexing Kevin the day before. I’d missed one call from my mom about the shirt she’d forgotten at my house after the sleepover and wanted me to bring her when I brought Vinnie down to her place for the New York trip.  The web-mistress of my website left a message to tell me that she’d e-mailed me a mock up of what the page for the new book would look like once it was released, my book editor called to make sure that I was still meeting him for lunch one day while I was in the City, and my publicist Jules had called four times with nothing more than a “Call me…” message.

Jules was my girl and I loved her to pieces, but she was the worst at leaving messages.  She either gave me no information to work with at all, like “Call me…” so I had no idea how urgent the matter was, or she’d call and leave a five minute message explaining absolutely everything in great detail so I barely had to call her back.  Generally the “Call me…” messages meant she was either really busy, or really pissed. When I dialed her back I was hoping for the really busy option over the other.

She picked up after half a ring, “Bloody hell, where have you been?”

“Well hello to you too, Julesie, I’m good how are you?” I teased.

“I’ve been waiting for you to decide to pick up your bloody phone!” she groaned and I admit I chuckled.  Jules was from London and although she’d been in the states for practically ever, she still had the English accent and it always came out much thicker when she was upset about something.  Words like bloody would pop up all over the place which just made me giggle because to me it was just so cute. “Oh stop laughing at my accent…” she said in a huff and I could tell she was trying not to laugh.  “Just tell me this… is he still married?”

“Who?”

“Kevin fucking Richardson! I swear, Kellie if you tell me that you’re shagging a married man just before your book drops I’m going to disown you.  You’ll no longer be my client, my friend, or the god mother of Miles.”

“Hey!  First of all don’t you threaten to take Miles away from me, woman!  He’s my Baby Man and you can’t steal him back!” Jules had a little boy named Miles who was often referred to as the love of my life because I was so utterly in love with the kid.  Just eight months old and I could eat him up every time I saw a new picture of him (which was practically every day the way that Jules snapped photos).  “Second, have a little freaking faith in me, Jules… since when have I ever dated or slept with married men?”

“Never, but still he…”

“But still he, nothing… He’s divorced, babe.”

“And you know this for a fact?”

“Yes.”

“From good authority other than Kevin himself?”

“Yes.”

“You’re positive.  It’s not like one of those, ‘Yeah, babe of course I’m divorced’ things?”

“Positive.”

I heard her sigh and knew she was running her fingers through her dark spiky hair, “How long has he been divorced and why hasn’t it been in the press?  I googled him and there’s nothing online about him getting divorced from that skinny blonde bitch.”

I found it weird that Jules knew that Kevin’s ex was skinny and blonde, but it was her job to know all sorts of things.  “Seven months, and because they wanted to keep it quiet.”

“Who is the other source who’s verified it?”

I rolled my eyes and Christian chuckled at the pained look on my face, “AJ McLean.”

“You’ve met AJ already?” she sounded shocked.

“Yeah, so?  I just spent most of the day shopping for a ball gown and shoes with him too, what of it?”

“Wait… what? What the hell are you talking about?”

I chuckled, “AJ’s going to be in New York with us.  He asked me to go to the ASPCA Fur Ball with him and I said yes.  So today Chris and I met AJ in Orlando and went shopping.  Now we’re on our way back home where I will have mad passionate sex with my boyfriend and refuse all phone calls again.” 

Christian called out toward the phone, “Hi, Jules! Can’t wait to see you!”

“Tell him me too…” she said and I relayed the message.  “Okay so you’re dating Kevin, you’re fucking him, your picture is all over the damn internet with him, he’s apparently divorced, and you’re going to a ball with his best friend?”

I giggled and nodded, “Pretty much, yeah.”

“Jesus, Kellie… could you possibly leave me any further out of the loop?  I mean, I knew that you were all worried about jinxing things with The Guy, but you could have given me a little bit of a heads up that you were turning into a certified Backstreet Boys Piece of Ass.”

“I’m not their piece of ass, I’m Kevin’s…” I laughed.  “AJ’s just my friend now.  Actually my mother seems to have quite the crush on him.”

“Oh that’s bloody brilliant… the four of you can double date and then I’ll hook up with Nick Carter and we’ll just have a grand time.”

“Stop being so whiny… I told you I’d tell you about him, and now I am.  I can ask him about Nick though if you’re serious…” I teased.

“He’s not my type.  Kevin is.”

“I know he is, but hands off…”

“I was going to marry him, you know?”

“What? Who?” I asked, utterly confused.  Conversations with Jules would do that to you.

“Kevin… I was going to marry him.  Then he met that bitch and they were ‘so in love’ that I gave up.  Had I known he’d been on the market for seven months I would have been all over that!”

“First of all, seven months ago you had a one month old and you weren’t dating anyone, second… what the hell?”

“Must I remind you that I’m from Europe and we had the boy band craze first?  While you twits were over here all into flannel and grunge we were happy with our bubble gum pop boy bands.  We had Backstreet years before you even knew who they were.  Tell me, are the rumors true?  Is he hung like a horse and are the tattoos on his hip really there?”

“Oh my god…”I gasped and began to giggle.  “You speak boyband?”

“Fluently.  And I’ll have you know that when Justin Timberlake finds out about this affair of yours he’s going to be utterly pissed.”  We both laughed then, she knew all about my teenage love of Justin, but I’d never known she was a Backstreet fan.  “Now answer me… hung like a horse?”

I had to close my eyes for a second as a happy wave rushed through me, “Pretty much.”

“Bitch…” she said and I laughed.  “And the tattoos?”

“Very real and very tasty.”

“I fucking HATE you!”

“And I love you… How’s my Baby Man?”

“He’s beautiful and I sent you more pictures.  He’s teething again and drooling over everything.”

“Aww… is he excited that I’m coming to see him?”

“But of course!  I’m not letting you change the subject so easily though.  You gushed the last time I spoke to you about how you might be falling for this guy.  Now that I know who the guy is, I have to know… are you in love?”

I looked out of the window watching the scenery pass by and thought of Kevin.  We were almost home and I couldn’t wait to see him.  His beautiful eyes, his crooked smile, his perfect abs, his amazing hands and his utterly awesome heart, “Yeah, Jules… I think so.”

“Oh, honey…” she cooed and I felt myself blush. 

“Don’t go and say anything sweet… we’ll have plenty of time to talk about in person it when I’m there. Just let it be, for right now, please.”

“Okay… but can you at least tell me the dirty stuff?”

I laughed, “No.  Well maybe, but not right now. I’m in a car, it’s not appropriate.”

She laughed, “Oh please… I know for a fact that Christian has heard all of the dirty details.  Whatever.  I’m going to hold you to it though; I want to live vicariously through you since you STOLE my Fantasy Husband.”

“I promise… but we’re almost home so I really don’t have the time to go into sufficient detail, you know how I get when I describe things…”

“True and with this, I want the uber descriptive writers’ version!” 

She then rambled on for a few minutes about book release stuff and by the time she was done, we were pulling into my driveway.  I frowned when I realized that Kevin’s car wasn’t there and I wondered just where he’d disappeared to. I ended my call with Jules and looked at Christian with a pout. He just laughed and patted me on the knee, “I’m sure he left a note… go see.”

I nodded and reached over to hug him, “Thanks, babe… it was fun, except for the starving part.”

He laughed, “No problem.  Thanks for indulging me.”

“Anytime. Well not anytime, you know I don’t love shopping like you do.  And AJ… holy hell… he’s as bad as you!”

“I know, right?  We’re going to have a blast in New York!” he said with a huge grin and shopping bags in his eyes.

“Yay for me not having to shop!” I chuckled. “I’ll call you later, okay?”

“Maybe…” he said with a dirty grin.

“True.  I may be otherwise occupied.  But hey, you will be too, Joey should be home by now, right?”

He nodded excitedly, “Yep…”

“So how about we say that we’ll talk tomorrow, then?”

“Perfect… now get out so I can go love on my man!” he said and giggled.  I kissed him and then gathered my random bags and made my exit from the car. 

I was met at the door by Vinnie, of course, who was all too happy to see me but mostly because if I was home it meant he could go outside and play in the sand. I asked him where Kevin was to which I received a head cock and a tail wag.  That made me smile, knowing that Vinnie was as enthralled with Kevin as I was.  It was when I going to unlock Vinnie’s doggie door that I found the note from Kevin.  It was taped to Vinnie’s door because Kevin knew the first thing I always did when I got home was let Vinnie out.  I smiled and pulled the note off of the door.

“Gone to buy stuff to make dinner with.  Back in a few. Love, Kev” I read aloud to no one but myself since Vinnie was already outside working on digging a new hole. I sighed and smiled, “Love, Kev… God, I’m such a nerd.”  I laughed at myself and then put my purchases away where Kevin wouldn’t see them since AJ and Christian were so set on Kevin not knowing what my dress looked like until the night of the ball. 

Once that was done I grabbed my laptop figuring I’d check my e-mail and take a look at the website mock up so that my web-mistress would get off of my back.  Not that I didn’t adore her for keeping my website kick ass, but she got a little hyper just before a book release or some special event.  Like I didn’t already stress out enough over those things myself, right?

I went outside onto the deck to sit so that I could watch Vinnie and grab some fresh air while checking my e-mail.  I approved the website mock up, answered a bunch of business e-mails, laughed at e-mail from AJ that he apparently had been sending me from his phone during our shopping trip, and then opened the e-mail from Jules with pictures of Miles.

“Ohhh…” I sighed and then grinned from ear to ear as the first photo popped up.  It was a super-macro close up of Miles’ face, the drool flowing freely down his chubby chin as he grinned around a teething ring that he was gnawing on.  As I went through the rest of the pictures I let out assorted sighs, moans, and coos at the extreme cuteness of my godson.

Kevin returned as I was having my love fest and I heard him giggle at me as he opened the door and stepped out onto the deck with me.  “What are you gushing over?”

“Kiss me first…” I said with a grin and aimed my face toward him with kissy lips.  He sat down next to me and kissed me so good I nearly forgot about Miles.  I rested my forehead against his recovering from the kiss while holding on to him, “Hi…”

He chuckled and the sound shot right through me, “Hey, baby…”

“God I missed you today…” I said pulling back so I could see his face.  “Does that make me crazy?”

“If it does, then I’m crazy too… I didn’t know what to do with myself all day.  Vin and I played a lot of ball.”

“Aww… my boys playing ball…Okay that’s adorable…”

Kevin chuckled again, “So was you sitting out here staring at your computer and swooning.  So what’s up?”

I groaned happily again which made Kevin laugh at me again, “It’s my Baby Man… Look!”  I turned the laptop toward him, “Is he not just the most beautiful thing, ever? He’s the love of my life…”

“Oh really?” Kevin asked with a raised eyebrow.

I chuckled and kissed him again, “Oh I have lots of love, trust me.  But this one here…” I said pointing at the screen, “Has me wrapped around his chubby little fingers.”

“He is pretty adorable… but who is he?”

“My godson and Jules’ baby, Miles.”

“I knew Jules had a baby but I didn’t know he was your godson… That’s cool.”

“Jules already knows that as soon as we’re in New York he’s all mine.  I’m an extreme baby hog when it comes to him.  When he was born I fell in love.”

“I can see why…” he said while scrolling through the pictures.  There was a change in his voice that made me look from the pictures of Miles to Kevin to watch his face.  He kept looking at the pictures and then looked at me a smiled.

“What is it, honey?” I asked and put my hand on his cheek.

He shook his head and then kissed my hand, “Nothing…”

“Liar...” I said with a smile and pulled his hand into my lap and squeezed it. “Talk to me, baby…”

He looked down at our hands and took a deep breath then looked up at me, “Let’s take Vinnie for a walk, it’s a long story.”