- Text Size +

Part 40 – Human Teether

“All I’m saying is that if I run into her it’s going to take a lot to keep from giving her a piece of my mind…” AJ said as he stood in the kitchen of Josef’s place as we made dinner the next day.  He’d been going on nonstop since he’d arrived about what a colossal asshat Kristin was and how badly he wanted to give her a good talking to about fucking with the people he loved.

I patted his arm, “I appreciate it, honey.  Just don’t do anything that’ll end up with you in jail, please.”

He crossed his heart, “Promise…”

“Have I mentioned how glad I am that you’re here?”

“A few times…” he replied with a grin.  “Ready to be my date at the ball tomorrow?”

“Of course I am!  I’m not so sure Kevin is, but I am.”

“What about me?” Kevin asked as he walked into the kitchen.  He’d been on the phone and had stepped into the other room to avoid the chaos going on in the kitchen. 

“Ready to give your girl up for the night tomorrow?” AJ asked.

Kevin made a grumpy face that made me laugh, “Not really.”

“Oh you’ll be fine…” I giggled.  “Christian will take good care of you and it’s not like we won’t still be there together.”

“I know…” Kevin said and smiled.  “I just like to pout.”

AJ wrapped his arm around my shoulders and looked at Kevin, “Whatever, man… Pout all you want but she’s mine.” 

“Only until midnight tomorrow, then she’s mine again.”

Jules groaned from where she was sitting with Miles, “Seriously, Kellie… I kind of hate you right now.”

“Oh, honey… don’t hate.  I can’t help it if they love me.”

She raised a perfectly manicured middle finger at me behind Miles’ back and we all laughed.  AJ looked at her, “I think I’m falling in love with you, Jules.  You swear as much as I do, you’ve got a dirty mind, and you keep great company.”

“And yet you’re taking her to the ball tomorrow… I see how you are,” she teased.  “I’ll just be at home with my adorable child.”

AJ let go of me and sat next to Jules, “Next time, I promise.”  Miles made grabby hands toward AJ and pretty much crawled out of Jules’ arms into AJ’s.  “See?  Even your spawn likes me.”

Jules laughed, “My spawn likes your tattoos.”

Miles sat in AJ’s lap and was mesmerized with the tattoos on his arms.  He kept pawing at them like he was trying to pick the lines off of AJ’s skin.  AJ smiled down at Miles, “Well he’s got good taste then.  Dontcha’, buddy?”

Miles used AJ’s fingers as a human teether and I was pleasantly surprised to see that AJ didn’t even flinch at it.  In fact, he was awfully good at holding Miles too.  “How’d you get so good with babies, AJ?” I asked from where I was stirring part of our dinner in its pan.  Kevin was next to me working on a side dish.

“Heck if I know…” AJ laughed.  “I’ve always liked kids.  I never went through that whole ‘I’m too tough and manly to enjoy a baby’ phase like most guys do.”  He looked at Miles and smiled, “I mean, come on… how can anyone not like this guy?”

“Ask his father that…” Jules groaned and got up for a drink.  “I think it’s sweet how you and Kevin both are totally cool with Miles.  I just wish more men were like you.”

“So the dad’s not around?” AJ asked.

“Nope.  He pays child support but he’s never wanted anything to do with him other than to have the paternity test to make sure I wasn’t lying about Miles being his kid.”

“Jackass…” I grumbled.  “You’re both better off without him, Julesie.”

“Oh I know…” she said and smiled.  “It’s just annoying sometimes.  I wouldn’t trade my little shit for the world though, so if having to deal with a Bastard is what I had to do to get Miles, it was totally worth it.”

“My dad was a deadbeat too…” AJ said while he bounced Miles on his knees and Miles cackled.  “He didn’t come around until I was famous and then suddenly wanted everything to do with me.”

“I’m sorry to hear that…” I said. 

AJ shrugged, “Thanks, but I think I’m going to be a great dad some day because of it.  I don’t want to be one of those assholes who think that because they had a crappy dad it means that’s the way they have to be too, you know?”

I nodded, “Totally… I think that’s awesome.”

“Kev’s going to be a great dad… But mostly because he actually had an amazing dad as a role model unlike some of us.”

Kevin nodded, “I’m going to try...”

I smiled at him, “I’m sure you’ll succeed.”

He smiled back and kissed me, “Thanks.”

Jules shook her head as she took her seat next to AJ again, “They’re sickening aren’t they?”

AJ laughed, “Yeah but I like it.  It’s kind of like they give me hope or some shit like that.”

She smiled, “Me too…”

“So when are you two going to have a kid for us?” AJ asked.

Kevin dropped the spoon in the pan he was tending to and I laughed, “I don’t think we have immediate plans…”

“Well yeah but come on… you two are stupid in love and you both want kids, right?”

“Yeah…” I said with a giggle while watching Kevin try to get his spoon out of the pan without burning himself.

“So… make a baby then!”

Kevin successfully retrieved the spoon and turned to rinse it off before addressing AJ, “Why don’t you make a baby, AJ?”

“Uh, because she’s your girlfriend?”   

“I didn’t mean with Kellie…” Kevin groaned.

“Oh, well… whatever.  You have a woman, I don’t.  I can’t have a baby on my own.  You however have the time, the love, and the amazing chick to do it with.  So do it.”

“Miles could use a playmate…” Jules agreed.

I looked at Kevin, “What’s happening?”

He smiled, “Apparently they’ve decided we need to have a kid.”

Just then Christian walked into the kitchen, “Wait. What?”

“We’ve decided that Kel and Kev need to have a baby. Now,” AJ explained.

Christian’s eyes lit up and he grinned, “Oh, yes!”

I looked at Kevin again, “Seriously.  What’s going on?”

“Josef and I have been talking about it for a while…” Christian said.  “You guys have to have a baby!”

“Can you imagine how gorgeous a kid of theirs would be?” Jules gushed.

“Right?” AJ replied.  “So perfect.”

“So wait a minute.  You guys have all been talking about this behind our backs?” I asked.

“Yep.”

“Oh just admit it… you guys totally want to procreate!” Christian said. 

I blushed and Kevin wrapped his arm around my waist, “There’s no one in the world I’d rather have a kid with.  It’ll happen when it happens.”  He looked at me and smiled, “Right?”

I nodded looking up into those pretty green eyes, “Right.”