- Text Size +

16

“Mr. McLean… Mr. McLean?”

I looked at Marcus, “Who the fuck is calling my name and calling me Mister?”

Marcus laughed and looked around, “The dude at the front desk…”

He got me through a group of fans that’d somehow managed to get into the lobby of the hotel and blocked me from them as I stood at the desk looking at the guy who was calling me by my last name. “What’s up?”

“I have a message and a package for you, sir… It’s from someone who is with the tour, so I figured I’d make sure you got it right away.”

“Hmm… okay…” I said, confused as always and waited for him to produce my message and package. He handed it over to me and then Marcus pulled me off to the elevators away from, as Emma called them, my rabid fans.

“Whatcha’ get?” Marcus said as we rode the elevators up to our floor.

“No idea… I just want a shower and food…” I sighed and put the package under my arm.

“Same here…” he said with a smile. “Just give me a call when you and Emma are ready to go out.”

“I will…” I said with a nod as we got off of the elevator and headed toward our rooms. “I’ll call her after I get out of the shower.” Marcus did the usual fan search of my room and then when he gave me the all clear, I went straight into my room and turned on the water in the shower to let it get hot. I then sat down on the bed and opened the letter that was taped to the weird package that had been waiting for me.

Dear AJ,

Thank you, for arranging to get me the night off and the great seat at the concert. You’re right, you definitely didn’t have to do that for me, and next time I see you, I’ll probably tell you that in person. Unfortunately, I can’t do dinner with you tonight. Maybe we can reschedule for another night though, okay?

Thanks again for all that you did for me last night. I had your clothes cleaned and sent up to your room earlier tonight, they should be there by the time you get this note. The package with this note is just a little token of thanks for everything.

See you around…

Emma

P.S. See how well the AJ Pen works?

She’d drawn a little smile after the comment about the pen and although it made me laugh, I also let out a sigh. I really wanted to have dinner with her that night and learn more about her. Now I was just rejected and facing dinner all alone.

I opened the package and laughed again. Cigarettes to replace the ones she’d smoked the night before. I ended up smoking nearly the whole pack thinking about Emma and why she’d turned me down that night before I finally gave up and passed out on the couch with another Trading Spaces marathon playing in the background.